• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Backer Build Discussion/Secrets/Speedrunning tricks

Now, what's this about explosive arrows?

Fire an arrow then press the attack button to blow that arrow up after it sticks to an enemy/surface.

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Dhar's charged up attack isn't really worth it yet
I was just using more of Dhar's charged Up-Attacks while playing today, and noticed the meter gain on it looks reaally good compared to his Neutrals. Like more than half a bar all by itself from hitting a single target. I haven't played around with enough combos to see how this balances out with its recovery time or anything though.
Has anybody figured any defensive abilities with Qadira? I tried placing her in hopes of mitigating damage of the character behind her, but it didn't work.
They obviously haven't implemented her Defense Supers yet, but something I did notice while playing was that I was able to parry the Kabandha's Trap (Purple Marker) with Qadira. Has anyone been able to do this with another character? From what they've said before, it could be a specific trait for her, but I haven't fought those enemies enough times yet to try it with everyone.

Reactions: havick9
Isn't the only way to survive the cat's laser to parry through it and heal after?

Also, can it do the laser super more than once? I suck at parrying to figure that out at the moment.
It also seems that the game does not save your progress when you exit :/
Blocking it and healing after is pretty much your only way to survive if it happens, yeah. Yes, it can do it multiple times, I had the cat laser me, I healed up, it lasered again, I tried to get resources and heal in the time I had before after another turn it lasered again and wiped me. Did you use Slow on it?

Now, what's this about explosive arrows?
It's in the OP, damn it.
;_;
After firing the bow into an enemy hold the bow button and press attack.
I was just using more of Dhar's charged Up-Attacks while playing today, and noticed the meter gain on it looks reaally good compared to his Neutrals.
That's how it works most of the time it seems, and I think Peter has actually directly stated this being a general thing.

It's in the OP, damn it.
;_;
After firing the bow into an enemy hold the bow button and press attack.
I've been checking out this thread since you first made it and usually view it on my phone. I didn't know you've been updating it. [emoji14]

Last edited:
I heruka dashed into cat and it disappeared? :c
I feel like that decision is why I only got 99.5%

Is it supposed to arrive by email or some other way?

I've been checking out this thread since you first made it and usually view it on my phone. I didn't know you've been updating it. [emoji14]
The tone of the statement was supposed to be a joke, hence the spoiler. While also telling you about the OP.

Is it supposed to arrive by email or some other way?
You're probably in the wrong thread if you don't want to be spoiled. Here you go though.
http://www.indivisiblegame.com/2017/11/13/backer-preview-released/

Hey. Didn't get to test a whole lot in my playthrough, but I had some questions.

-how many slow/earth/medicine stacks are possible?
-what are all the lvl-based supers, and are there any special effects? Dhar seemed to have just one super, but others had multiple
-are there any other status effects? Couldn't find a purpose for G&H down attack
-what's the point of G&H lvl 1 super? The one where they find a thing
-can you block attacks with shield girl? Like a move that'll do anything special or something? Her attacks seemed kinda useless
-can you block the tree guy's snare?
-is there a good enemy/spot to test damage/strings on? Couldn't find a big ghost, like was in the prototype
-explanation on the parry/just guard mechanic?

Other than this, here are the secrets I've found/read here. Am I missing any?

-old boss
-"Rodney" exists, is he required for anything? Give you anything?
-helmbreaker
-cat

Overall this preview feels just easier than the prototype. It feels like there /should/ be a super cool hidden thing I'm not seeing.

- For Slow and Earth it's 3, for Medicine it's 6.
-Ginseng's lvl1 is a item pick up which buffs her down attack, or her next heal if you grind the bowl first, or her lvl2. Her Lvl2 is a ton of junk items tossed at the enemy and if she has a picked up item she will toss it last to deal 3k damage. Her lvl 3 is a massive brew of medicine which revives down team mates and heals all for 3100 health [not her max heal btw, she can heal more than that somewhere around 3600]

- Qadira doesn't have her shield protection supers in, however she does have a huge window to perfect block. so to perfect block normally it's like a parry 13 frames, with Qadira it's more like 18.

- NO it's unblockable. you have to pick to either attack the snare or get out when he attacks you. [note you can still tech grabs if you are in his snare and it will get you out of it for basically free.]

-mmmmhhh... the best would be the optional old boss ontop of the roof of the second temple.

-Parry, it's an out of combat only move. You must need the axe to do it. then pressing R1 just as an enemy in the overworld attacks you, you will parry the hit and automatically counter for around 1k right off the bat, giving you a good amount of iddhi and full action bars. Perfect Block is just like a parry but in combat. [you will see a blue block effect instead of a pink one] again you have around 13 frames to perfect block an attack, and perfect blocking will 1. cut the amount of chip damage you take to around 50% of what you would normally take. 2. You will regain some action bar for each perfect block you do. 3. Gain Iddhi [I don't have the exact amounts but it is quite a bit compared to just normal blocking] 4. You will not die to an attack that would normally chip kill you, you will stand at 1 health point.

-Rodney is required to getting 100%
-Helmbreaker and Exploding Arrows
-Cat, yes. Remember to pick up all of the gems. they count too.

Som'in that's been seriously bothering me (which I've noticed no one's talked about) is the Redish/purple sparks that comes outa Ajna when she swings the axe or after certain things...

Som'in that's been seriously bothering me (which I've noticed no one's talked about) is the Redish/purple sparks that comes outa Ajna when she swings the axe or after certain things...
I just thought it was a 'your action is ready again' effect.

I just thought it was a 'your action is ready again' effect.
It usually shows up after you get the axe, and does it almost every time you start swinging it, or another base action afterwards. Shows up both in and out of combat, why it's perplexing me.

It usually shows up after you get the axe, and does it almost every time you start swinging it, or another base action afterwards. Shows up both in and out of combat, why it's perplexing me.
I think you just gotta accept that this is still early and there are effects that aren't going to look quite right yet.

Shows up both in and out of combat, why it's perplexing me.
Like Hiro said, that's the effect they currently have for her summoning or de-summoning her weapons. I was curious about it too, and noticed it happened whenever she went from axe related animations to barehanded animations, or vice versa.

I think you just gotta accept that this is still early and there are effects that aren't going to look quite right yet.
Like Hiro said, that's the effect they currently have for her summoning or de-summoning her weapons. I was curious about it too, and noticed it happened whenever she went from axe related animations to barehanded animations, or vice versa.
Nope, I figured it out. Much like the Incarnations, her weapons are also summoned, so the purpleish speckles is her summoning/unsummoning the axe.

edit: Oops, I just read your post Kaboom <,>''

That's what Kid and I said!

I'm not sure if it was mentioned but it happened to me a couple of times where G&H get kinda "stuck" in Ajna's spot, and they don't go back to their own spot in the back of the party, and it becomes difficult to see which character is getting attacked.

Go over to the right and scale the thing right in front of it, it's pretty easy to get back to the start
I swear, I cannot get that jump to work for the life of me. It's funny, I've seen it done on Assist Me Doom's stream, but for some reason the axe won't stick.

20171115001539_1.jpg

Looking forward to greater mobility, future updates, stuff in general.

The characters are necessary to get 100% run?

The characters are necessary to get 100% run?
uh not entirely sure. but it doesn't hurt to pick em all up. And you can save Tungar for last when you're back tracking to the first temple to awaken Scribble Cat.

uh not entirely sure. but it doesn't hurt to pick em all up. And you can save Tungar for last when you're back tracking to the first temple to awaken Scribble Cat.
They are as I missed only Tungar my first playthrough and got I think a 95%.

Okay cool.

again you can have it in the strats to pick up tungar last and have him fight a couple of Red Ogres to get him to max lvl.

you don’t need to fight Rodney for clearest
you still need to get the ringsel it is guarding though

You can perfect block the cats laser :) and i got it twice in one battle :D

I can't seem to perfect block the last few hits though. but getting it at all is hard enough.
I was also trying to beat the cat without Ginseng and honey. They make it easy.

You can perfect block the cats laser :) and i got it twice in one battle :D
The voice lines make it so awkward lmao

perfect blocking lasers might be optimal for killing that cat quicker since you get full meter and actions from it every time

perfect blocking lasers might be optimal for killing that cat quicker since you get full meter and actions from it every time
Possibly, but at the same time... the very act of fully perfect-blocking the laser is a gigantic timesink all it's own due to the huge delay from each parry, and having to do so like... 25? times in a row. That's on top of having to spend a Razmi action cursing instead of doing actual damage... though it does consistantly set up for her closerange L3, that's -1600 damage to do +2380 or so relative to other L3s.

On my end, i've been slowly gathering some numbers on stuff like base pip refill speed and the attacks' speed modifiers, so that I can figure out how the cooldown system works all over again. Sure i can use G&H, Razmi, and Qadira (with Ajna obviously) to do 27k+ damage in one set of actions, but the sheer cooldown caused by G&H's L1 as setup makes me question the practicality.

I've tested out some things for 100% and here the result.

What Necessary for 100%
Gems, Characters,Bow, Cat Boss- Axe smash + Sprint

What doesn't effect 100%
Character lv, Enemies, Enemies that guard Gems.

99% if you collect everything beside Cat Boss

So, figured that I'd note down the damage values for each character's attacks vs a single enemy:
Terminology:
N = Neutral Attack
D = Down Attack
U = Up Attack
L# = Level # Super
H = Healing per team member
N - 350 D - 350 U - 300
L1 - 500H L2 - 750H L3 - 1000H
N - 950 D - 1000 U - 1500 (700, 800)
L1 - 500H L2 - 4550 L3 - 8100
N - 1200 (350, 400, 450) U - 400
Buffed: N - 3000 (950, 1000, 1050) U - 800 (400x2)
L1 - 2450 L2 - 4675 L3 - 8000
N - 500 D - 550 D post L1 - 2017 U - 300
U# refers to no. of neutral attacks performed since last up attack:
U0 - 300H U1 - 700H U2 - 1150H U3 - 1650H U4 - 2200H U5 - 2800H U6 - 3300H
L2 - 4000 L2 (after an L1) - 7749 L3 - 5500 + 3500H
N - 1100 (450, 650) D - 800 (300, 500) U - 1000 (500, 500)
L1 - 2500 L2 - 4400 L3 - 8050
N - 1800 D - 200 U - 1300
L1 - 1500H L2 - 3200 + 220*X (X varies depending on positioning) L3 - 6680 L3 from beside enemy - 8780
N - 750 D - 825 (350, 475) U - 1300
L1 - 2500 L2 - 4750 L3 - 8383
N - 710 (235, 235, 235) D - 710 (235x3) U - 1420 (235x6, assuming all arrows hit)
L1 - 2950 L2 - 3360 L3 - 5325

You beat me to the damage numbers, but I also was working on better version of the map ( more tiles exposed )
Tomorrow when I will have more time, I will also try and add where you can find each character, so the map will be completed.

IxeRKXW.png

I was just using more of Dhar's charged Up-Attacks while playing today, and noticed the meter gain on it looks reaally good compared to his Neutrals. Like more than half a bar all by itself from hitting a single target. I haven't played around with enough combos to see how this balances out with its recovery time or anything though.
wow the meter building is really really good because it’s apparently a launcher

Reactions: KaboomKid
wow the meter building is really really good because it’s apparently a launcher
Ahh, that would explain why it seems to do just as good regardless of whether I'm trying to juggle off of it or not. Nice!