• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Bad Habits

- HK bypass out of nowhere
- Not defending when going air to air against Parasoul or MF
- Not air grabbing
- Spamming ground grab
- Using lights combo on medium/heavies
- Using heavies combo on lights
- Whiffing lvl 2 (I hit most of the times, tho)
- Not learning vial combos

Basically everything I did last night versus Mike.

I forget to give a fuck about what I'm doing and zone out an awful lot.

• Doing Squigly's c.HP not in a combo.
  • Doing Silver Chord after that, by pure automatism, like "just in case he's no longer blocking".
  • Divekick LK instead of MK when I want to combo after.
  • Canceling Cerebella's attacks into a throw too early, while opponent is still in block/hitstun.
  • Doing El Gato as an air poke...
  • Forgetting Parasoul's overheads and Filia's lows.
  • Not thinking about using assist in combos.

how do you mean? :P

I'm generally a really patient/opportunistic player and that Parasoul pressure folded my ass in half for it. x_x

I'm generally a really patient/opportunistic player and that Parasoul pressure folded my ass in half for it. x_x

to be fair, offense against PW is pretty easy peazy :p

Reactions: Hilary
Running into reversal/yolo super every single time. I need to bait shit way more.

Last edited by a moderator:
-NEVER calling my assists (I gotta do better...).
-Round starts, FORWARD DASH MERRY-GO-RILLA!!!
-Never doing what I should do after c.MK, always hitting c.HP making me drop the combo (I'm getting better though!).
-Always spending my training time goofing off, never trying to optimize any combo I think of/learning combos.

The pain that is being near intermediate but still beginner. The fact I managed 60+ wins with a keyboard and these skills is astounding.

napalm pillar into sniper
mashing napalm pillar/ekg flatliner when i'm under way too much pressure
yolo sniper against peacock
Doing egret dive immediately against double

Reactions: Kaname-madoki
Another dumb one:
When in a tight battle, i always manage to do things while having no clue about how i did it
Examples : pulling out jump d.mp when mashing super while being on the ground, doing kanchou by just holding back and hiting only a punch button...and doing lnl lp instead of deflector (well, that one, i know why...)

-Auto Piloting in General
-Throwing Way too Many Fireballs
-Yolo Napalm Pillars when opponent is low on life, never works.
-Playing Solo :/

-Playing too many characters/always switching teams and not being confident in my picks.
-Not expecting my opponent to do the smart thing. (I.e i expect them to always jump, or always reversal, even if its someone good.)
-Am very impatient, i can't play the zoning/neutral game for too long.

Using predictable Peacock teleports. ugh~

I keep doing Ms. Fortune's rekkas the way they used to be in vanilla.

For some reason I am free to YOLO raw tags. I just never expect them, and even when I know they are unsafe I just get mentally guard-broken whenever someone goes for it. Basically the only raw tags I ever punish are the desperation ones when a character is about to die.

For some reason I am free to YOLO raw tags. I just never expect them, and even when I know they are unsafe I just get mentally guard-broken whenever someone goes for it. Basically the only raw tags I ever punish are the desperation ones when a character is about to die.
! Getting better at fixing this, but BBand maxrange tag and Val tag in the corner doing dumb crossups is still.. annoying.

Using predictable Peacock teleports. ugh~
This is my big one. For some reason I always think I'm going to be super cool and psychic teleport when I think the opponent's going to go in, and of course what's actually happening is I'm being subtly (or often even not so subtly) baited.

Using brass assist for cover has been alleviating the risk a bit when I do this lately, at least.

Man, I just realized the worst habit.

Double_Prayer.png

When playing Bella, I zone myself in the opposite corner and spam Diamond Deflector for maximum disrespect. When shit get real, spam Diamond Dynamo all the way, unless I have 3 meters thank you Zidiane

Gotten into the habit lately of just repeating the same combo's over and over :'0 People get wise to it and then beat my ass

Also being way too grabby as Cerebella
'perfect opening for a combo?? fuck it just diamond drop that shit x 10000'

Like yeah she's a grab character but there's that limit y' know

Two recent ones I've discovered.

> I chickenblock and generally turtle like a mofo when I'm fighting new people and it ends up with me jumping back into a corner.

> I can't grab guess for the life of me.

Even if I know better, I tend to do random supers that get easily punished. This is either because I don't know how the heck to get in against an opponent, I figure I'm going to lose anyway, I feel like I can take them down with chip damage if they block it, etc.

I also jump wayyyyyy too much.

I also jump wayyyyyy too much.

This is Skullgirls.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH JUMPING.

I like to do the same thing hoping it works.
I push the next button too soon and mess everything up.
I forget which assist I'm calling out.

This is Skullgirls.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH JUMPING.

For me that's a bad habit in all fighters, but it's still not the best thing to do against characters who have anti-airs.

Gotten into the habit lately of just repeating the same combo's over and over :'0 People get wise to it and then beat my ass
Also being way too grabby as Cerebella
'perfect opening for a combo?? fuck it just diamond drop that shit x 10000'
Nonsense. Just alternate between your two habits (doing the combo, being grab happy) at sporadic times and suddenly all is good

Why am I documenting my weaknesses so people can exploit them? (Oh wait -- so they do so and help break these habits.)

Using Argus Agony or Daisy Pusher as a "panic button" to take pressure off. Got me some room against aggressive beginners, but against a competent opponent it leaves me wide open and minus a tension meter.

Letting myself get backed into a corner and eating brutal combos for it.

Not pushblocking enough, especially as Peacock.

Not enough grabbing outside of Daisy Pusher.

I have a bat habit of going on a killing-spree after every match in which I fight solo Big Band
WHAT SHOULD I DO GUISE

I have a bat habit of going on a killing-spree after every match in which I fight solo Big Band
WHAT SHOULD I DO GUISE
Remind yourself that people die when they are killed.

Remind yourself that people die when they are killed.
damn i've heard that. i also heard that ppl loses when you win. :0

Reactions: DDB