• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the wolf hood and how it has it's own little expressions. Plus I'm going to be abusing that backwalk a lot, especially after each kill, you'll see.

Reactions: gllt
Since we're on the topic about the video...

I've watched the video and

OMG OMG OMG I LOVE EVERYTHING OUT OF IT AAAAAAAAAAH

I have never felt this much hype over a DLC character before!

It's probably because he's Beowulf, duh!

Can't wait to see his logo soon.

You know something cute I noticed? Beowulf motioning/taunting his opponent could actually be something he did in wresting, prompting our diamond dynamo to do the same.

backwalk05_cerebella_1p.png
I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I find it adorable.

Well someone did mention in the Wulf Den that Denizen's theory that Cerebella was inspired by Beowulf might be right.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Cere being a fan of him is canon, plus she has the black wristbands. The theory seems totally believable

she has the black wristbands? Where was this, I cant seem to find her wearing it or anything. (not trying to question it or anything, just curious about this lil titbit)

You can see it best when Cere uses Devil Horns.
oh wow I thought they were sleeves, thats awesome!

Overused? What do you mean? You mean he acted too much or what?

I mean, I don't know how famous he is but if Eliza's crew can get well-known voice actors, why not people like him?

I mean, I don't know how famous he is but if Eliza's crew can get well-known voice actors, why not people like him?
I didn't say not people like him, but not him. He's already in a ton of fighting games (Tager, the announcer in SF4, Noob in MK9, Heihachi in SFxT, someone in Naruto, etc). Plus that's not at all what Beowulf would sound like. :^P

Oh so you already have an idea on how Beowulf would sound like? [emoji2]

Well at least he would have an idea of how it would sound like. I don't think auditioning and the like are even relevant.

I wish Beowulf would have an accent other than the standard American English accent. The only unique accents I hear are from Peacock and possibly Big Band.

Of course my first pick for Beowulf's vo is Mr. Torgue from borderlands aka Chris Rager aka Hercule.

Last edited:
I actually have no idea what beowulf could sound like, but I did like that Kai Kennedy voice reel that's been thrown around on here a few times. Shockdingo's one was ntb either.

There's no denying his backwards walking was clearly the most stand out part of the video, but what I really found really noteworthy was that forward walk.

Sure it's still rough, but the way he advances on his opponent with those huge steps and 90 degree angled legs while he pumps his arms like he's already celebrating an imminent victory is just.... intimidating.

staple of any grappler is a forward walk that alone makes you shit yourself. :3 Even ceres is mad scary, the confidence in her face is real.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
I imagine Beo's voice is somewhere along the lines of a gruff scout from TF2. High energy but a bit older with a no-fucks-given Boston attitude and accent.

Reactions: Muro and gllt
What if Beo was voiced by John Cena?
On second thought, thats terrible.

If he would be voiced by a fake wrestling celebrity, it has to be The Rock. Professional voice actors or singers are much better for this role tho

I don't know, the Rock is pretty flexible talent-wise. Plenty of actors do voice work as well, I think he could pull it off ( do I think he should...?)

He's a pretty cool person, both in front the camera and not. I loved him as a kid
I'm just liking the idea of Woof having a rough voice now, maybe not I-used-to-smoke-10-cigars-a-day-till-three-months-ago kind of rough buuuuut

I imagine Beo sounding like a less gruff Hulk Hogan.

I like the backward walk, but it doesn't seem to flow very well with his idle, unlike the forward walk.
Doesn't matter though, Beowulf is going to be amazing regardless.

I like the backward walk, but it doesn't seem to flow very well with his idle, unlike the forward walk.
Doesn't matter though, Beowulf is going to be amazing regardless.

one could put an argument over saying he should just stay crouched like cere so it does flow better ( at least to me ceres is a nice flow 0_0), but I dunno, another part of me thinks a mans gotta stand up straight sometime :P I mean, look at what back problems did to hulk hogan! also, he's so damn tall I WANT to see non hunchback beo more but that's just me!

Reactions: Denizen
I mean the transitions are still very wip. So the finished product should look pretty cohesive.

Awww...no Jamieson Price, huh? Well, I'll survive...barely.
Maybe D.C. Douglas, then? He was Azrael in Blazblue.

Ohhh! You know who would be awesome? Neil Kaplan!!! Or Paul St. Peter!!

I also really like it when Grant George voices raspier/older-sounding characters...

NO PATRICK SEITZ NO MATT MERCER OR SO HELP ME

DAMN IT @Mike_Z JUST HIRE DAN GREEN PLEASE.

IAN SINCLAIR OR BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.