• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmhh... Collision boxes on wulf cannon are going to be finalized soon aye?

cause this kinda happens.

mmmhh... Collision boxes on wulf cannon are going to be finalized soon aye?
cause this kinda happens.
Happens with Gregor too dude, don't do that.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208610/announcements

Beta has a new super addded: Leap (QCB+KK)

Works like Excerebella and A-Train, unblockable on opponent's way up during jump, blockable on opponent's way down, can combo into it, ends in air finisher of your choosing.

Do Taunt twice into Leap > Splash for something nifty.

Am I missing something else about this Super? Damage seems to be same for finishers. Is the current taunt effect just a test and will added to the end Leap normally?

Last edited:
I really like that a whiffed Leap keeps its momentum through the air, rather than stopping suddenly like SFIII Alex's Air Knee Smash.

@mcpeanuts @dekillsage why is the big arm red in the Snake palette?
It's referencing Big Boss's left arm in MGS V: The Phantom Pain.
300px-Big_Boss8.jpg

It was my suggestion instead of Liquid's Arm.

Last edited:
Am I missing something else about this Super? Damage seems to be same for finishers.
Does it? The game prints out numbers and the lifebar ends up at a different place and everything.
Splash: 1250
Super Splash: 1800
Bulldog: 1800
Super Bulldog: 2400
Killa: 2400
Super Killa: 3000
(Damage difference is about the same as PB vs HPB. :^)

Is the current taunt effect just a test and will added to the end Leap normally?
Nope!

I swear when I was playing it this morning the numbers for super and chairless jHP were the same. I wasn't equipped with chair during Super.

I swear when I was playing it this morning the numbers for super and chairless jHP were the same. I wasn't equipped with chair during Super.
It don't make no difference.

[edit] Whoa it SHOULDN'T make a difference but it does. Nice catch. Why is chairless doing super damage...off to fix that.
[edit 2] Fixed.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you get more damage off a Dead Arm Time DHC into c.MK otg and finisher.

I'm pretty sure you get more damage off a Dead Arm Time DHC into c.MK otg and finisher.
From Bella 360? Doesn't combo unless I'm missing something.

Thought I was able to hit Dead Arm Time after the final hit of Showstopper. Could be wrong.

This damage is a little gross
Now do the same thing, but with a Splash finisher after two taunts.
This character is brolic.

Found a hard-to-blockable? (managed to block it once with slowmo e: actually easier than that after some more checking in training mode but still tricky)

(gawk at my terrible inputs)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai
Any reason the 'Retiring from Retirement' thread's down? Was it made obsolete?

Well whatever, 2 quick questions:
Why do I only get penguin ref sometimes? I know you need to do the taunt first, but he doesn't show up sometimes even after I've done the taunt. Not saying it's a glitch, it's probably (definitely) my own screw up, but what am I doing wrong?

I was watching some Beowulf animation streams and it looks like he's still got some stuff to go. Is it just a super/some supers, and maybe some animations regarding his hype mechanic(?) left or is he still got more specials? The guy is already a Swiss army knife of moves at the moment (he keeps getting more when I think he's nearing completion) but I am curious how much more is coming.

I think he only shows up when you do the splash followup.

I think you have to do the taunt twice, don't ask me why

In terms of character classification, which bucket(s) would Beowulf fall in based on his current gameplay in beta? Is he grappler rushdown?

mmmmh no, he's not as much a traditional grappler as in most of his moves lead up into a hit grab that has multiple finisher moves. So in the end Beo is more of a mix up character that can do semi rush down thanks to his Wulf Tackle. He's great at close to close mid range. Despite his weakness to zone-ing characters a good assist like LnL or Brass gives Beo more than enough to close in the gap.

Beo's overall goal to win is to get in close do a combo that leads to a grab finisher and keep the opponent close by so he can do a cross up or a 50/50 grab set up that leads to another grab finisher.

You're right this is dumb but for the wrong reasons

1.that really wasn't a cross up Beo was vulnerable right after his sweep just like Big Band's j hk. and since there is a large gap in between cerebella's LnL and Beo teching the opponent can very easly grab Beo and be safe from the LnL or use a multi-hitting move that would catch both characters. in the end it's okay if your opponent is stupid, then again most players will mash and catch you. Even with Bella's two hit armor of LnL the opponent has enough time to do jab, jab, launcher to catch both Beo and Bella at the same time. Hell there is even enough Time for the opponent to JUMP out of there before the LnL even goes off. This set up gives the opponent too much time to react to this, the assist is telegraphed and gives the opponent time to block in the right direction as Beo tech either forwards or backwards and leaves you open to attack.

2. How is it a 50/50 mixup? there really is no high or low options here cause when Beo techs and the opponent blocks the LnL they will still be in block stun so if you go for immediate low the opponent will still be able to block it, the same goes for grabbing. now if it was staggered by a couple of frames then a low or grab would be viable. Beo's only way to go for a high in this situation is to hop dash with j.lk or j.lp and the hop dash alone will give the opponent enough time to come out of block stun to do something, in the end it might trade it might not (too risky in my mind)

3. Beo's cross up game comes off of his grab finishers, having a combo that goes into frog splash finisher is the perfect set up for a cross up for you opponent can't tech. All you have to do is call out LnL assist and do jumping chaired hp. thanks to the large hit box of that move, chaired j.hp can cross up opponents when it doesn't look like it will, ontop of that if your opponent does block it you can cancel j.hp into air Wulf Tackle go backwards then down backwards to try to cross your opponent up again/ make yourself safer (would still be - on block but less so than just a normal blocked j.hp) If you don't have the chair j.mk is a good move to use isn't as large as chaired j.hp but the move is still beefy and can be canceled into the Wulf Tackle to make it safer. So this "cross up" is not efficient nor as effective as the example shown.

sorry for ragging on you but it's true, it really does give the opponent alot of time to do something to counter this. if you can give me the frame data on that, that includes Beo teching, and if it's above -7 then it's a highly risky setup to do and i would try to find something better to use.

Sorry man I thought it was pretty obvious what kind of stupid this was. I don't wanna come off as a troll but I did get some shits and giggles out of how technical you got with your response

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Sorry man I thought it was pretty obvious what kind of stupid this was. I don't wanna come off as a troll but I did get some shits and giggles out of how technical you got with your response

nah it's okay... i was just being an over analyzing nerd. I just want to see some real stuff being made with Beo. I don't have my pc cause i'm stuck at my folks place for the holidays so i was kinda iching for something to do that was related to Beo. Continue making up stuff.

I like the new taunt input a lot

uh. it was to be my belief that Mike made the first hit of the snapback to be non armor breaking. at least that was i saw of the showings that Mike did at UGC. it's funny cause the snap back requires the chair, and does 2 hits; it is an unorthodox snapback compared to the other cast members of SG.

I would assume it would too.

For a restand with new super jump stuff

jMK delay jHP v jLP jMK jHP
This is EXACTLY the restand I used off a chair 2HP before, so yay?

I know some players had problems doing "hop -> j.LP" if they were used to dashing with a PP macro rather than double tapping forward.

Now that KK is a valid dash input, "KK macro hop -> j.LP" is as convenient as "PP macro hop -> j.LK".

Not sure how useful this will be yet, but options are always good to have.

Reactions: Kai and Denizen
I know some players had problems doing "hop -> j.LP" if they were used to dashing with a PP macro rather than double tapping forward.
I am one of those players and I very much love this addition. Since I play Solowulf I map my PP macro to L1 and my KK macro to L2 and that gives me plenty of shortcuts on just two buttons, it's awesome.

Are you not supposed to be able to DHC into airgrab super anymore? Because you can't.

Are you not supposed to be able to DHC into airgrab super anymore? Because you can't.
It works fine for me.

I had the same issue, I then reselected the characters in training mode and it fixed the issue. Very weird, you're not alone with that bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.