• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beta Wulf Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that Beo has a qcf+K animatoin placeholder. looks like he huddles down in preperation to tackle, or maybe catch an otg and pummel them on the ground?
whatever the case i finally figured out why that animation would pop up during some of my combos.

ignore if this has already been discussed and known. im catching up on stuff.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
Just use it to make some moves safe.

chances are thats not what the move is intended to be but yes right now it makes s.hk -4

Reactions: Uzumakihero
Yeah, that's what I meant. Right now, it does nothing but it's something to special cancel into.

oh man. the beast cannon looks like its going to be so much fun. looking forward to the next update.

This move looks like it's gonna make up for Beowulf's lack of mobility.

Reactions: KidPanda
I was wondering, will Beowulf have a reversal-esque super or move? I saw the beast cannon move and it can't possibly be that cuz it would be crazy good.

I was wondering, will Beowulf have a reversal-esque super or move? I saw the beast cannon move and it can't possibly be that cuz it would be crazy good.
His current super...?

Reactions: Mwisk
My bad, I totally forgot about it.

The Wulf Cannon is now in the Beta!

I found this. Is it supposed to happen? Filia/Fukua get hurt normally when they crouch. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread.

Edit: Never mind. It's normal.

Last edited:
Is it possible to make the landing recovery of tackle, super cancellable? Or was that intentional?

before I waste my time making a video of what I think would be a bug for Beowulf, is it normal to be able to grab via chairless s.hp after chairless c.hp without your opponent touching the ground?

Yes, cr.HP (w/ chair) xx Triple Up totally works in the corner on nearly anyone. Works on Eliza and the OTG timing is tight, so I suppose it doesn't work on Double or Band.

Reactions: Krackatoa
before I waste my time making a video of what I think would be a bug for Beowulf, is it normal to be able to grab via chairless s.hp after chairless c.hp without your opponent touching the ground?
I don't think you use the word "bug" correctly. If s.HP comes out fast enough to catch them before they land, which it does, that's not a bug considering you can catch them with other attacks too.

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Am i the only guy who gets Throwing big band towards a corner with fisherman throw ending up with the mech of music not going over me and landing in front instead of behind?

I don´t know if could be possible but, here is my sugestion:

Could be possible to ad text like a another standard ( like the teams) that could be modificed for tournaments propuse/ SG promotions (like the new stage in GGXrd), would be awesome and useful, tought.

The text could be changed it in settings, i don´t know.

Example:

KKfZ5G.png

It's amazing how the general view of Beowulf went from slow to fast over night.
That Tackle changed everything.

Reactions: KidPanda
hmmmm.... I'm not 100% sure where to post this but... when ever you DHC out of Grendal's Arm super into SSJ or Dynamo after you have crossed thru the opponent it kinda doesn't hit the opponent. maybe it's just mistiming or just how fast the opponent is flying at that second but, it's still kinda annonying, i wanto dhc into SSJ and still send my opponent into the corner. Some supers work all the time no matter when you DHC into after the arm, so it's not all bad. and others require specific spot DHCing to work after crossing tru the opponent. and others still work but just look dumb like DHC-ing into scope.

maybe i just suck.

hmmmm.... I'm not 100% sure where to post this but... when ever you DHC out of Grendal's Arm super into SSJ or Dynamo after you have crossed thru the opponent it kinda doesn't hit the opponent. maybe it's just mistiming or just how fast the opponent is flying at that second but, it's still kinda annonying, i wanto dhc into SSJ and still send my opponent into the corner. Some supers work all the time no matter when you DHC into after the arm, so it's not all bad. and others require specific spot DHCing to work after crossing tru the opponent. and others still work but just look dumb like DHC-ing into scope.
Oh, they actually have no collision while flying, whereas they probably should now that I did this differently. I think I can fix this.

Oh, they actually have no collision while flying, whereas they probably should now that I did this differently. I think I can fix this.
okay. thanks, i just thought i was being dumb and mistiming the DHC when passing tru.

Hey guys... I need a combo from some combo guru... It can be simple, i just need it to be chair starter into chairless into st.hk that staggers and i need this midscreen and hopefully universal without an assist and no meter used.

Its a lot to ask but i dont have much time as I'm swamped with 12 hour workdays and am shit at making up combos for new characters anyways... So... Is there anyone that can solve this puzzle for me?

I'd GREATLY appreciate it :)

Hey guys... I need a combo from some combo guru... It can be simple, i just need it to be chair starter into chairless into st.hk that staggers and i need this midscreen and hopefully universal without an assist and no meter used.

Its a lot to ask but i dont have much time as I'm swamped with 12 hour workdays and am shit at making up combos for new characters anyways... So... Is there anyone that can solve this puzzle for me?

I'd GREATLY appreciate it :)
Universal is really rare, something really poor but will work you can do is:

2LK 2MK 5HK xx 236LP
2MP 2HP
66 j.MP
5HK

This uses up your OTG with the hop j.MP though and doesn't use beast cannon in the first string so isn't as front loaded damage wise as it could be.

I think optimal with Beowulf is really short combo into reset or full combo into throw mode j.2P then some kind of setup.

Best situation would be to like... cancel the 5HK into chair pickup for mad stagger frame advantage.

I'm not sure if Gallon can do wolf cannon in the air (since i'm not a vsav player) but Tackle just feels like it should be air ok to me

I'm not sure if Gallon can do wolf cannon in the air (since I have a genetic allergy to using Google to answer questions)
FTFY.

Ruby Heart can, which is what matters.

Yeah, that's staying because Dance is a series of hits. Don't do that unless you want to get killed. :^)
okay just wanted to know if that was supposed to happen. Moves like Cilia Slide, Egret Charge, Buer Reaper, and Drag'n Bite push the opponent out of Chair dance.

Universal is really rare, something really poor but will work you can do is:

2LK 2MK 5HK xx 236LP
2MP 2HP
66 j.MP
5HK

This uses up your OTG with the hop j.MP though and doesn't use beast cannon in the first string so isn't as front loaded damage wise as it could be.

I think optimal with Beowulf is really short combo into reset or full combo into throw mode j.2P then some kind of setup.

Thanks tomo! That is exactly what i was looking for. Once i have the link i can mix and match the combo as i see fit, though i think yours will work for my purposes, perfectly :)

Alright, I think I got it this time. Is this supposed to be intentional?

It's amazing how the general view of Beowulf went from slow to fast over night.
That Tackle changed everything.

man the chair alone did it for me. I like puppet like characters so ive been treating the chair like a "puppet." The tackle was just the icing on the tasty cake already.
im pumped now for what else is in store. havent had this much fun combo crafting since... War Gods on the N64 lol.

Reactions: Denizen
YOOOOO, THAT AIR TACKLE, THAT NEW GRAB, THOSE ANIMATED GRAB MODE FRAMES.

Reactions: agent13
Status
Not open for further replies.