• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

I heard they were patching her up to be less good?

In 1.1 I think so yeah. That patch won't be on consoles for a wee bit. Hopefully not Skullgirls curse wee bit.

Well to break away from the troubles with the sound track, I think that some one at Arc System Works may have been the inspiration for Hazama. The proof? Take a look at the second to last color picture in the art book that came with the Limited Edition, and you may notice a troll like move on the right side of the image.

I was reluctant to pick this up because I was disappointed with continuum shift, but phantasma fixes a lot of the problems with the previous game. Aside from Kokonoe being OP, I really like how balanced it feels.

Yeah, so far CP feels like an improvement over CS in every single way.

It genuinely feels like a true sequel.
It's probably all the new stages, songs, redrawn character art, and the SHEER FUCKING FACT
THAT EVERY ARCADE MODE ENDING ISN'T MU-12 AWAKENING.
THANK YOU.
if you play as a villain it is not mu-12

if you play as a villain it is not mu-12
THEY'RE STILL ALL THE BLOODY SAME!!!!
CHRONOPHANTASMA DOESN'T HAVE THAT
AND IT'S ALL THE MORE AWESOME FOR IT!!
Why!?
Because this gives me an incentive to play arcade mode and get used to all the characters!
Plus, it gives me pretty as fuck art to look at!

Reactions: Arcana
I unlocked Kagura.

I now realize why nobody uses him. Dude is slow as hell. It almost seems like some characters walk faster than he runs.

I unlocked Kagura.

I now realize why nobody uses him. Dude is slow as hell. It almost seems like some characters walk faster than he runs.
I play him haha, he has big normals, a guile like flash kick that is SAFE AGAINST AIR and a sonic boom that is much better than sonic boom. Also his charge time is pretty damn short.

It sucks when you play a match up that requires chasing the opponent though.

I unlocked Kagura.

OmniSScythe's team won a 3vs3 BBCP tournament and it had 2 Kagura players in it.

I play him haha, he has big normals, a guile like flash kick that is SAFE AGAINST AIR and a sonic boom that is much better than sonic boom. Also his charge time is pretty damn short.

What game and system is this? I want to try and pick up BB but didnt know that it was out.. Or something?

Nvm.. Just googled it. This game took so long to come out i forgot that it WAS coming out.

Last edited:
Wait you have to unlock characters, what is this madness

Uh, I don't think so... the LE comes with a code for Terumi, Kokonoe is DLC, and I don't think old-costume Noel is unlocked by default (might be DLC, not sure), but other than that I thought no characters were locked? Unless you're talking about in Story mode.

Haha there's always someone that quick to state otherwise. I can Imagine Tao is a nightmare, until you get a hit in.

OmniSScythe's team won a 3vs3 BBCP tournament and it had 2 Kagura players in it.

Where was I for that??

I will say the story mode of CP is more casual friendly than many other Arc fighters, that's for sure. being able to save almost anywhere is definitely something I've been wanting for the longest time.

Reactions: Hepatitis Q
I feel like minimizing the story to three paths also helped focus it and cut down confusion. Seeing everyone's point of view with a good, bad, and joke ending was too much.

I feel like minimizing the story to three paths also helped focus it and cut down confusion. Seeing everyone's point of view with a good, bad, and joke ending was too much.
And at the same time, when there's a choice that pops up, the first one always continues the story and the second choice brings the good ol gag reels. So happy they kept them in though.

It's Blazblue and since I don't have my PS3 anymore I need to live through you.
P.S. that makes you a Tsubaki main and I'm sorry.

This game's 20% off on PSN right now... tell me why I should get it.
amazing music, vastly improved story mode, and the gameplay is really good. I highly recommend it.

Are there any notable Platinum players in BBCP? and how is she in the tier list? I kind of like Plat game play from what I seen in match videos.

I have never played Blazblue before but I want to pick this game up cause its look fun. Must start saving up for a ps3..

I can't remember the name of any high level Platinum players, but I know that she's considered to be about low-mid on the tier list.

Reactions: mooncakes
Want this game on PC... really want it...

finished the first 2 on psp (praise my perseverance), wanna se the story ending and bang tapping Litchi's rear

Reactions: Arcana
Are there any notable Platinum players in BBCP? and how is she in the tier list? I kind of like Plat game play from what I seen in match videos.

I have never played Blazblue before but I want to pick this game up cause its look fun. Must start saving up for a ps3..
I believe at the frosty fausting or whatever the top player was a Platinum player

Played through Bullet's Arcade Mode just now
Bitch be the bastard child of Taokaka and Tager and I'm fine with that.
I actually strongly dislike her and her playstyle. She looks super weird with her pose (hot damn hunchbacked!), and she extremely repetitive with her charging moves. Is like "ice car all the day", but as legit strategy, not just noobish.

Last edited:
alot people do seem not to like her but I never figure out why though. I always guessed it had something to do with her suppose to be the easiest of the new characters to pick up and play

I dunno, I'm mostly meh about her too.
Her design just feels weird, and I feel like she's too fast to justify these grapple moves.

At least I can understand how she's supposed to play.
Had a Hell of a time trying to get how Amane plays.

well he's suppose to be the hardest to play as, said the japanese (or just people who got CP before me in general) players i heard from

Amane is kinda hard
Oh...Those people who use him in tournaments sure make it look easy though

I actually really like Bullet, but maybe that's because her combos are generally pretty easy.

To answer a few things that came up in the last few comments. Somewhat long post so spoiler tag added.

- Kagura's combos hit pretty hard and from his stances, he has the option to go for a low, overhead, command grab, cross up and a guard point move that Fatal Counters so his pressure is pretty good too. He struggles with catching opponents and dealing with zoning though. Might improve in patch 1.1 though since 5C and 2C are more safer to use in neutral.

- Xiei used to be my favorite Platinum to watch before he moved to Japan. In the opening post of the video thread for Platinum on Dustloop, there's a list of most notable players. Apparently, Daiwa is the guy to watch according to the list.

- Um, no, spamming Bullet's D is not a legit strategy. A 5D or jD is good in neutral once in a blue moon but in general isn't worth it. On block without any heat levels, it's unsafe. With heat level 1 or 2, it leaves you at an advantage but takes away a heat level, which is sort of a big deal for Bullet because she can't get much done without them. Also, her D moves only have projectile invincibility without red lock so it's possible to get hit out of them.

- To be honest, without Heat Level 2, Bullet is definitely one of the slower characters in the game and without any heat levels at all, is probably even worse than Kagura when it comes to dealing with zoning characters. Also, as a general FYI, Bullet only has 3 grab moves that can't be blocked, that each have their shortcomings.

1) Miquelet Capture - Unblockable but whiffs on crouching opponents
2) Snaphance Fist - Unblockable on the ground but has a very specific trajectory
3) Serpentine Assault - Costs 50 meter and doesn't nearly have as much range as Tager's 720;

- Amane is a somewhat difficult character to play simply because his C normals are his best pokes but they all have very specific ranges where they hit. Mastering their ranges, his extra movement options that he gets from his command hops and drill setups are key to playing the character.

Kagura is getting 2 frames faster pokes... I'm not sure that will buff him much,the recovery buff is nice but I tend to cancel them all the time anyway. The big buff is the stance speed up (he loses his fast fall mixups though to compensate =( )

Something odd though... both his overheads got nerfed. 2D~A will still combo into stuff, but right now it is his high damage path and that is being removed so will need to go for more basic combos. 6A straight up wont combo unless you RC or counter hit... except on Tager and Hakumen....

How have you guys been dealing with Highlander mode?