• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

Yeah man, i realized this after a bit of research on "him" ... Fucking asw/whoever dev with their weird shit. Bridget was one of my favorite characters in gg. Imagine my surprise when i found out "she" was a "he" despite the fact that he looks and sounds like a girl.

Why these people feel the need to do this kind of thing is beyond me. Its like they put a playable dog in the game and people use the mutt... But then they say "hey guys, we know he looks like a dog, barks like a dog, digs holes and eats bones like a dog... But he's actually a cat... Haha go figure, but its true :) hee hee"

I'm just like... Wtf with these weirdos...
STFU Dime_x, just because you can't handle it doesn't mean you should crap on people that actually are amused by character designs like that.

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie, there are like five announcers I'm willing to buy.
Are they the English VAs or did they keep the JP VAs like in the JP copy of CP. I have the JP Tao one and hearing her make different voice effects with some names is pretty fun to hear.

Oh, when he wrote "Whip chick" in robes, I actually thought he meant Tsubaki. Half of her attacks looks like she uses a whip. Amane for me more like.. drilling dude.

Well, he is still my favorite, and I okay with his gender.

Last edited:
Reactions: dreymore
Amane never really hides that he's a dude
iirc he even gets annoyed when people mistake him for a woman
dude just wants to dance

and he can dance if he wants to
he can leave his friends behind
cuz his friends don't dance
and if they don't dance
well they're no friends of mine

Reactions: Dime
Yeah seriously.
And like come on, there's been worse.
In fact I kind of expected a trap out of BB by now, and I'm glad we did.
You can just tell his dub VA had a lot of fun voicing him too.

Yeah, Yuri Lowenthal does a great job. By the way, where is this party Amane is asking about, I want to go to it :3

Reactions: dreymore
Yeah man, i realized this after a bit of research on "him" ... Fucking asw/whoever dev with their weird shit. Bridget was one of my favorite characters in gg. Imagine my surprise when i found out "she" was a "he" despite the fact that he looks and sounds like a girl.

Why these people feel the need to do this kind of thing is beyond me. Its like they put a playable dog in the game and people use the mutt... But then they say "hey guys, we know he looks like a dog, barks like a dog, digs holes and eats bones like a dog... But he's actually a cat... Haha go figure, but its true :) hee hee"

Dime pls stop talking shit about my Husbando

also you had 5 months to find out about these characters FIVE

Are they the English VAs or did they keep the JP VAs like in the JP copy of CP. I have the JP Tao one and hearing her make different voice effects with some names is pretty fun to hear.

They kept the JP VAs. I would've liked the English VAs to record some announcer lines too, but what we got is still really cool. Ragna yelling "TERUMIIIIIII" is god tier.

I love the game, but I just wish playing Tager didn't make me feel like a cheating asshole.

Dime pls stop talking shit about my Husbando

also you had 5 months to find out about these characters FIVE

I'm not talking shit about "him" I'm talking shit about his designers... He can be AS FABULOUS as he wants to be... Doesnt stop me from looking at the design team like wtf.

Also, I'm new to the party... Oh well, keeping up on BB news isnt really my thing until now. Same as i have no idea what is going on in the melty scene... Unless i take an interest in it... Which i probably wont.

I dont see how this is a thing though... New players are always going to come into the fold. Are you going to berate every one of them for not knowing old things? Whatever.

And at that guy talking about traps are good.. When referring to Bridget... You do realize hes underage, right? Thats not exactly a good trap to be on the wrong side of... At least amane is legal.

And lol at taking my BB salt serious.. I dont take this game serious so my opinions about it shouldnt be taken serious either.. Cause seriously... I'm not serious and couldnt care less either way.

I do however respect those that do take it serious, because everyone is different. BB is one of those games that ive been trying to "get" for the longest time. Like marvel. I didnt "get" marvel until mvc3 and i played the hell out of it and finally "got" it... And after i got it, i decided the game was trash and left it for sg.

I want to "get" BB so that i can have an educated opinion of it... Mostly.

blurb
Keep in mind the point of making a game is to sell. You can tell from the character designs that they are made to appeal to as many groups of people as possible (gameplay wise and ascetic wise). While characters like Amane and Platinum may seem strange to you, keep in mind to other people they may be the selling point of the game, specially to people in Japan where stuff like that is more accepted.

Breaking gender boundaries. It is a good thing. Whether Amane is actually a fleshed out character though... well that leaves something to be desired.

I'm not sure you would like Amane anyway, he is a long range character with a gameplan revolving a lot around chip damage and being as far away from the opponent as you can be while harassing them.

Alright, let's just end this here and change the subject... and think about what we type before posting it. Found this a while back but never posted it

Words
Dime I understand where you are coming from
BUT you said you wanted to get into BB. You could ATLEAST you could research Chars you wanted to play

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "get"

Er..ok... Lol enough about these questionable design choices, its non pc to be against them and I'm not going to go in about that.. Though i do hate things being so un pc that they cant be talked about in the negative... Cause that is a violation of free speech...as a subset of violation...but the cause isnt my cause nor is it my anti cause so... Meh.

@Tomo009

I'm not particularly anti zone or anti rush... I do like to use both styles (remember that i do use peacock) mostly im just looking for someone that "fits"...

it seems to change from game to game though (wolvie/ammy/sent was my best mvc3 team followed by hulk/ironman/arthur

From match videos it is looking like taokaka or amane will fit my personal style best though neither is a 100 percent fit like painwheel. I may just try to dual "main" them. Not the smartest thing but probably the best option for me, in this game.

Kinda wont know till i get my hands on them. But i do appreciate all the character advice that has been given, it has definitely helped.

Er..ok... Lol enough about these questionable design choices, its non pc to be against them and I'm not going to go in about that.. Though i do hate things being so un pc that they cant be talked about in the negative... Cause that is a violation of free speech...as a subset of violation...but the cause isnt my cause nor is it my anti cause so... Meh.

@Tomo009

I'm not particularly anti zone or anti rush... I do like to use both styles (remember that i do use peacock) mostly im just looking for someone that "fits"...

it seems to change from game to game though (wolvie/ammy/sent was my best mvc3 team followed by hulk/ironman/arthur

From match videos it is looking like taokaka or amane will fit my personal style best though neither is a 100 percent fit like painwheel. I may just try to dual "main" them. Not the smartest thing but probably the best option for me, in this game.

Kinda wont know till i get my hands on them. But i do appreciate all the character advice that has been given, it has definitely helped.
Taokaka resets a lot. Taokaka is also a better flight character than Painwheel. I think you will like Taokaka really. She isn't easy but not overly difficult either.

Some stuff in response to DimeX's posts in search of a character to play.

Ragna is a very well rounded character. Good pressure and mixup, good footsie tools, one of the best defensive options in the game and good damage. Easy to pick up and play. But he'll only go as far as your own fighting game fundamentals will take him. If your fundamentals are weak, don't expect to go anywhere with this character.

Jin is also mostly well rounded. Good footsie tools, good defensive options, an effective zoning tool from his ice projectiles, has one of the most practical overdrives in the game and easy to pick and play. Also worth noting is that he's somewhat of an EX moves character in the sense that he can spend 25 meter to enhance some of his moves. But his overall pressure is weak without meter. His standing overhead doesn't lead into anything even on hit without 50 meter to Rapid Cancel and his other good overhead option TK Hizangeki requires 25 meter. Some Jins try to make up for this by doing resets off freezes.

Taokaka has great movement and great pressure to go along with it. She doesn't have a strong high-low mixup game but she has so many options that a lot of her unsafe stuff becomes safe because you're afraid to push a button and get framed trapped. So often times you don't want to do anything but at the same time because she has moves she can throw in to leave her + on block and ways to stay on top of you, you eventually have to do something and it has to be done at the right time. Truly annoying character to have to deal with once she's in. *is hella salty about this character* Notable weaknesses include low health and poor defensive options. Execution is also demanding from what I've heard.

Valkenhayn actually sounds like he'd be perfect for you. It's a shame that you are having execution issues, though I hear he's demanding in this area as well. His movement is limited outside of wolf form but in wolf form, he probably easily has the best movement options in the game. In wolf form, his walk speed is pretty good so you can do stuff like walk forward, then walk back to bait pokes and punish. His numerous movement options and the speed of them makes getting in on any opponent easy whether they are rushdown or zoning oriented once you've mastered his movement. Once Valkenhayn gets in, true despair begins. His 50/50 mixups are insane in wolf form and he also has a command grab that refills his wolf meter and can be converted into a full combo in the corner.

Prior to the 1.1 patch, Valkenhayn has 2 theoretical weaknesses that are in the end aren't noteworthy weaknesses and then 1 real weakness. His first theoretical weakness is that he can not block in wolf form. The biggest reason this isn't a big deal is because his movement options and their speed more than make up for it in a lot of cases, even dealing with zoning. It mostly only comes into play with wakeup reversals but he has his ways of dealing with those as well. His 2nd theoretical wekaness is that he can only do wolf shenanigans for as long as he's got wolf meter to do so. Unfortunately, even a short combo gotten from a jA starter is enough to give him back enough meter to start his vortex up again as soon as the combo is over. This might change in the 1.1 patch due to his changes. Too early to say. And finally, he has the real weakness that he doesn't have any good defensive options.

Whiffing a chain with Hazama isn't quite as bad as you think because he can still pull himself in, even if the chain whiffs and there are different ways to pull yourself in but his ability to do this is limited. I'm not too well versed on Hazama unfortunately so I can't go into much detail with this one.

Relius is a pretty solid character. He's got good ranged options with Ignis. Though, he really shines in pressure with Ignis backing him up. As Tomo implied, he can force you to block for as long as his Ignis meter will let him. He's got good mixups as well. While Ignis is forcing you to block, he can do stuff like dash forward standing overhead or a low. He can jump forward and either go for jB or do an empty jump 2B. Really good Relius players will do low to the ground air dash jB to make it even more ambiguous which one they're going for. If they see you're getting too comfortable, they can go for an unblockable setup. He's got some decent defensive options with led lay and his reversal gears super. But he can't get much done without Ignis.

That's it. For more info, I'd recommend looking at their Dustloop wiki pages and maybe asking a few questions in the "Picking a Main" thread.
EXCELLENT EXCELLENT POST DUDE!!!

More than what i deserve or was looking for but you make some great points. Now youve got me thinking about hazama, wolfie, and relius again. I think im gong to have to look at all these characters hard when i get the game. Which is a good thing because he more characters i take a real look at, the better my chance of finding a character that can really grow on me (like double) thansk man i appreciate it. I would like your post multiple times if i could :)

Relius is going to be really good in the update coming in May. It would be helpful to get a feel for him now.

Reactions: Tomo009
Relius is going to be really good in the update coming in May. It would be helpful to get a feel for him now.
He's already good and everyone above him got nerfed haha.

Aight sweet. Finally got the game and after having played around with normals/specials/drive and movement for:

Relius
Mu
Tao
Hazama
Valk
Ragna
Amane
Izayoi

I really like relius
Mu and izayoi

I'm thinking that I'm going to experiment around with iz and mu to see who gets picked as a second after relius... I know iz sucks supposedly and that mu is really good... But im just liking what I'm seeing from iz... Mu's drive... Man... Cool.

Decisions decisions... But this is good because i have 3 characters to explore whereas i thought i might have had none realistically.

I'm not talking shit about "him" I'm talking shit about his designers... He can be AS FABULOUS as he wants to be... Doesnt stop me from looking at the design team like wtf.

Also, I'm new to the party... Oh well, keeping up on BB news isnt really my thing until now. Same as i have no idea what is going on in the melty scene... Unless i take an interest in it... Which i probably wont.

I dont see how this is a thing though... New players are always going to come into the fold. Are you going to berate every one of them for not knowing old things? Whatever.

And at that guy talking about traps are good.. When referring to Bridget... You do realize hes underage, right? Thats not exactly a good trap to be on the wrong side of... At least amane is legal.

And lol at taking my BB salt serious.. I dont take this game serious so my opinions about it shouldnt be taken serious either.. Cause seriously... I'm not serious and couldnt care less either way.

I do however respect those that do take it serious, because everyone is different. BB is one of those games that ive been trying to "get" for the longest time. Like marvel. I didnt "get" marvel until mvc3 and i played the hell out of it and finally "got" it... And after i got it, i decided the game was trash and left it for sg.

I want to "get" BB so that i can have an educated opinion of it... Mostly.
Wow Dime_x so you're saying that you prefer designers to not make characters that mess with the gender binary? You're a messed up person. you should just STFU.

Everyone drop the gender debate.

So I'm really liking izayoi her playstyle and her combos are pretty straightforward and shes got good movement and a decent gtfo super. So this is perfect. AND since shes so perfect for my playstyle/what I'm looking for, that means i can sub koko so i get the best of both worlds... A character that fits me and a character that can win.

I'm happy now :)

So I'm really liking izayoi her playstyle and her combos are pretty straightforward and shes got good movement and a decent gtfo super. So this is perfect. AND since shes so perfect for my playstyle/what I'm looking for, that means i can sub koko so i get the best of both worlds... A character that fits me and a character that can win.

I'm happy now :)
I sort of kinda sub Izayoi, she is certainly fun but struggles a lot in... most not just some matchups. You also need to be on point with your execution. The gameplan is to get 6-8 stars, change to Gaine Art and hope you can seize momentum but it starts to become an uphill battle if you have to change back to build more stars.

I'm not sure how you are saying her combos are straight forward, they are pretty much among the hardest BnBs in the game haha.

She is fun though, she just rarely gets to go as nuts as you want to. D teleport only works if you are pretty sure they are going to throw something out and it costs 2 stars which all but guarantees you will need to go back into normal mode before closing out the round.

Resource management is super important with Izayoi. Don't be afraid to hold onto 623[ B ] if you think they are about to approach, if they air dash at you 623B xx 216B > 623B is an easy easy way to get 4 stars.

If you drop your combo at 236B xx 214A > | 2B | , you are pretty screwed because her normals are so slow you will likely be punished.

Last edited:
What is this? Tumblr? Get that weak shit outta here!

Tumblr? I barely know her! :PUN:

Or would it be "him" in this situation? Wait.

@Tomo009

Understood.

Idk about her combos... Its just when i hear "hard" execution... I start thinking kof max hd shadow stretchy dude and elizabeth combos... Aka fuckloads of buffering and weirdo inputs. So far im up to izayoi mission 19.. And all I'm seeing is muscle memory/biputton execution... Nothing that is timing hard/1080 in 4 frames hard... Haha.

But as i said, understood. What about her gain art dash and projectile zoning game?

She seems like she has good stuff in gain art without stocks.. But I'm looking at a normal mode bnb that does 2300 and gains 6 stocks... Seems pretty righteous to me... But haha i know how things look really good in training mode. I'm finding little gimmicky stuff with her as well.

Hey can you drop that combo at the 2B mark and do like 2a instead and try to punish their mash? That seems like something i would do.

Yeah she does seem weak... But seems powerful at the same time.

Seems a lot like vanilla painwheel.

Two things to note:

1. Challange 21+ have some more demanding combos, but it's better to go on Dustloop for legitimate combos and stategy for a match. They have frame data and all that good stuff.

2. Everyone online mashes 2A like a mother. Learn to punish mashing = instant profit.

Yeah no doubt. The combo i was talking about was a dustloop normal combo. It has the link that tomo describes in it. Nothing about it really looks hard... Just muscle memory. I havent actually done it yet but it seems like a combo that I'll get in a day or 2. I'm mostly going against muscle memory here. But as an example it took me like a month to learn chuns buktooth combo when mvc3 first came out... And that was doing it like 3 hours a day 2-5 times a week... And i can also do ironmans Krispykreme combo on umvc3 which is... Pretty hard. These izayoi combos dont seem anywhere near that... Yet.

but i havent gotten into the harder stuff im sure.

@Tomo009

Understood.

Idk about her combos... Its just when i hear "hard" execution... I start thinking kof max hd shadow stretchy dude and elizabeth combos... Aka fuckloads of buffering and weirdo inputs. So far im up to izayoi mission 19.. And all I'm seeing is muscle memory/biputton execution... Nothing that is timing hard/1080 in 4 frames hard... Haha.

But as i said, understood. What about her gain art dash and projectile zoning game?

She seems like she has good stuff in gain art without stocks.. But I'm looking at a normal mode bnb that does 2300 and gains 6 stocks... Seems pretty righteous to me... But haha i know how things look really good in training mode. I'm finding little gimmicky stuff with her as well.

Hey can you drop that combo at the 2B mark and do like 2a instead and try to punish their mash? That seems like something i would do.

Yeah she does seem weak... But seems powerful at the same time.

Seems a lot like vanilla painwheel.
That would not be advisable to do, you want the 6 stars because that is the most important thing as Izayoi, you would be dropping at 2 stars. There is a 4 star combo that ends in Gaine Art WITH a safe jump setup that you really should do instead of that.

She has timing hard combos, probably the most tight required links in BB, they aren't actually THAT bad but you are off screen while doing them so they are pure muscle memory, not something you can have cues for.

You couldn't drop it at 2A anyway because then they would be able to air tech and get away from you for free.

Challenge mode combos are all pretty terribly inneficient I believe, though I haven't done them all, you really should just go to Dustloop haha.

You will find mostly char specific combos though, here are some universal BnBs midscreen:

Normal: whatever > 2C xx 236B xx 214A > 2B xx 623B xx 214B > 623B

Gaine Art: whatver > 5C xx 236C xx 6D xx 214B > 5C > 2C(1) > super jump > j.B j.C > dj.B > dj.C xx j.236C xx D > 5A 5C > j.B j.C xx j.236C xx D

Sigh... It would seem that the online pass that i got with my collectors edition of the game with the free terumi download isnt working...

"The code you entered may not be correct or may not be valid, please check your entries"

Well i checked my entries and even reset the machine and re entered them... Case sensitive... And yeah i get that error message... Did this happen to anyone else? And is there anything i can do to rectify the situation?

Without this pass i cant download any dlc characters or play online so, I'm missing a bunch of value, plus i would have to pay for another online pass AND terumi... So, yeah I'm getting more and more pissed off by the second, hopefully this has an easy way to resolve. I'm going to be hopping mad if asw forces me to buy another online pass because THEY messed up and gave me a faulty code/some employee decided to use this code for themselves.... Sigh... Technology.

The earlier help was no trouble. Glad to help.

The online pass is not an online pass. That was just poor wording on Aksys/ASW's part apparently. So at the very least, you will only be screwed out of Terumi. Just to be sure, are you trying to redeem the code on the NA PSN Store? I don't think the code will work on other country's store. If you're not, you can just create an NA account, redeem the code, download the DLC and it should be accessible on your other accounts from what I understand. If you are trying to redeem it on the NA store though, you might be SOL unfortunately ;.; The only thing I can think of is calling/e-mail Sony support but I can't imagine that helping.

Image2.png

Cant get on us psn... Pissed off...

Last edited:
Did you set your system language on the new user to English(U.S.) before setting up the new PSN account on that user?

I swear to all that is holy I want to use that image of Ragna looking freaked out as an icon or a reaction image
use it. Do eet. Doo eet nao!