• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

Honestly, I really hate it.

1460704145072.jpg
The 3d is cool but they kinda ruined the aesthetic for me. Guilty Gear's whole aesthetic appeal to me was that it had stylish over the top anime designs but also had a unique art style and (unlike most anime) actually gave people distinctive faces (see the gorgeous Reload vs screen art). They've gone full on same-face now.

Last edited:
Oh yeah that's definitely true. I'm just saying some characters feel like they work pretty well in this new aesthetic a bit. I prefer May and Sin in these styles as opposed to May's artwork in the Reload and Accent Core games, and Sin's art in Overture just looked really uninterested and tired all the time.

Millia's new outfit and idle pose also feel more fluid and look less cramped than her 2D sprite. IMO the way they went for 3D with her worked really well as well.

I won't deny the new Zappa is just really eugh now. I do hope they try to make some of these characters look more distinctive aside from their attire.

Reactions: Shadowfury333
I mean. They could just be showing Zappa in his non combat uniform.

Like they show off Sol in his cool jacket.

I'm more concerned with every male (and many female) characters having the same triangular chin now, then any costume changes. The general style just has the most bland kind of animu written all over it.

Reactions: Shadowfury333
anime chin is a disease
we need 50cc of lantern jaw, STAT

I'm more concerned with every male (and many female) characters having the same triangular chin now, then any costume changes. The general style just has the most bland kind of animu written all over it.
well gee, its not like Guilty Gear characters weren't based off of 90s anime already.

I legit thought I clicked the guilty gear thread by mistake. :L

well gee, its not like Guilty Gear characters weren't based off of 90s anime already.
It didn't have same-face syndrome though.* It was just overflowing with personality.

Well, admittedly, as the series went on, more and more artists started contributing things like story art and such, with pretty varying quality. The iconic, representative art though always walked a nice balance and really stands the test of time IMO.

Last edited:
Izayoi and Tsubaki arcade modes dropped.

Izayoi
3 Jin
6 Makoto
7 Noel
8 Hakumen

Tsubaki won't allow Jin to kill Noel for the world's sake.
After the battle, Jin says that the people of the world is after Noel, but Tsubaki says that she is prepared for that but she will protect her friend.

For the sake of protecting their friend, Makoto and Tsubaki exercise.

Noel is in confusion and thinks that Tsubaki is there to kill her with Izayoi. After the battle Hakumen appears.

Tsubaki says to Hakumen that even if it's Hakumen's ideals and mission, she thinks that Hakumen is trying to do is wrong.
After the battle, Tsubaki happens to touch the azure and sees the CG of Jin and, Tsubaki as a secretary which makes it seems like Tsubaki starts to realize who Hakumen is.

Tsubaki
3 Carl
6 Hibiki
7 Hazama
8 Jin

Carl asks Tsubaki if she knows where Noel is, and Tsubaki asks why does he wants to know where she is. Since Carl knows there is no use in lying towards Tsubaki, he says it's for the sake of killing Noel. Tsubaki says that then she can't allow him to go to Noel.
After the battle, Carl asks Tsubaki why does she get in his way, and Tsubaki answers that like Carl wants to save his sister, she wants to protect her friends.
Carl says that Tsubaki should have it also, a desire that she wants to sacrifice people for it being granted.
Tsubaki says that she once had a desire to change the world. But that she is tired of a world that has to sacrifice someone. And if that person is someone dear to her, she will protect that person even if she becomes an enemy to the world.

Tsubaki meets with Hibiki who is after Noel's life on his own since it's the fastest way to the world that Kagura is aiming for.
After the battle, Tsubaki tells Hibiki to step down since Kagura is likely not wanting this to happen, but Hibiki says it doesn't matter to him what Kagura wants. And instead asks Tsubaki what will she do if Tsubaki's one and only person is trying to kill Noel. And later Hibiki disappears.

Tsubaki meets Hazama, and they fight eachoters.
After the fight, Hazama tells Tsubaki that Jin is planning on using the Lynchpin to seal Noel.
Hearing this, Tsubaki runs off, and when Tsubaki is gone Hazama said that it would be easier for him now if either Jin or Tsubaki would disappear.

Tsubaki arrives and protects Noel from Jin, and asks Jin if he is serious about sealing Noel.
Jin tells Tsubaki to move away, that it's something that Jin must do.
Tsubaki says to Jin that he should have something else that should be done instead, but Jin tells Tsubaki to handover Noel.
Tsubaki tells Noel to stand down, but Noel is reluctant, but after that Tsubaki says it a second time Noel steps back.
After the battle, Jin tells Tsubaki once again to get out of the way. But Tsubaki says that she will not and asks Jin for the reason of why he is doing this, but Jin only tells Tsubaki to move.
Noel says to Tsubaki that it's enough, that she will be okay. But Tsubaki tells Noel to go, that Noel should have something to do that only she can do.
Noel apologize and thanks Tsubaki, and after that she runs off.
Jin tries to go after Noel but Tsubaki won't allow Jin to do that.
Jin asks Tsubaki of what is she trying to do, and Tsubaki says that if Jin is planning on sealing Noel, he will have to do that after he has cut down her.

Izayoi and Tsubaki arcade modes dropped.

Izayoi
3 Jin
6 Makoto
7 Noel
8 Hakumen

Tsubaki won't allow Jin to kill Noel for the world's sake.
After the battle, Jin says that the people of the world is after Noel, but Tsubaki says that she is prepared for that but she will protect her friend.

For the sake of protecting their friend, Makoto and Tsubaki exercise.

Noel is in confusion and thinks that Tsubaki is there to kill her with Izayoi. After the battle Hakumen appears.

Tsubaki says to Hakumen that even if it's Hakumen's ideals and mission, she thinks that Hakumen is trying to do is wrong.
After the battle, Tsubaki happens to touch the azure and sees the CG of Jin and, Tsubaki as a secretary which makes it seems like Tsubaki starts to realize who Hakumen is.

Tsubaki
3 Carl
6 Hibiki
7 Hazama
8 Jin

Carl asks Tsubaki if she knows where Noel is, and Tsubaki asks why does he wants to know where she is. Since Carl knows there is no use in lying towards Tsubaki, he says it's for the sake of killing Noel. Tsubaki says that then she can't allow him to go to Noel.
After the battle, Carl asks Tsubaki why does she get in his way, and Tsubaki answers that like Carl wants to save his sister, she wants to protect her friends.
Carl says that Tsubaki should have it also, a desire that she wants to sacrifice people for it being granted.
Tsubaki says that she once had a desire to change the world. But that she is tired of a world that has to sacrifice someone. And if that person is someone dear to her, she will protect that person even if she becomes an enemy to the world.

Tsubaki meets with Hibiki who is after Noel's life on his own since it's the fastest way to the world that Kagura is aiming for.
After the battle, Tsubaki tells Hibiki to step down since Kagura is likely not wanting this to happen, but Hibiki says it doesn't matter to him what Kagura wants. And instead asks Tsubaki what will she do if Tsubaki's one and only person is trying to kill Noel. And later Hibiki disappears.

Tsubaki meets Hazama, and they fight eachoters.
After the fight, Hazama tells Tsubaki that Jin is planning on using the Lynchpin to seal Noel.
Hearing this, Tsubaki runs off, and when Tsubaki is gone Hazama said that it would be easier for him now if either Jin or Tsubaki would disappear.

Tsubaki arrives and protects Noel from Jin, and asks Jin if he is serious about sealing Noel.
Jin tells Tsubaki to move away, that it's something that Jin must do.
Tsubaki says to Jin that he should have something else that should be done instead, but Jin tells Tsubaki to handover Noel.
Tsubaki tells Noel to stand down, but Noel is reluctant, but after that Tsubaki says it a second time Noel steps back.
After the battle, Jin tells Tsubaki once again to get out of the way. But Tsubaki says that she will not and asks Jin for the reason of why he is doing this, but Jin only tells Tsubaki to move.
Noel says to Tsubaki that it's enough, that she will be okay. But Tsubaki tells Noel to go, that Noel should have something to do that only she can do.
Noel apologize and thanks Tsubaki, and after that she runs off.
Jin tries to go after Noel but Tsubaki won't allow Jin to do that.
Jin asks Tsubaki of what is she trying to do, and Tsubaki says that if Jin is planning on sealing Noel, he will have to do that after he has cut down her.
Damn thats so fuckin metal

Oh look, We're getting a remix heart sequel.
And Mai's new look is... kinda hot really.
l_5730662163466.jpg

Jubei will be playable when we get a major plot relevance thing with Taokaka.

l_5730662163466.jpg

oh she got a turbo fanservice costume
that's like an immediate red flag for playable status

wonder if Cajun Chicken will become playable too

Another day, another lack of Jubei confirmation.

So far with CF, we've only gotten 2 new playable males? The rest has been hot chicks lol

No Mai no buy

No Jubei no moonay

I'm just gonna say, if you guys want Jubei, you might want to push Taokaka to have more story relevance.

the closer you get to her astral finish being changed the closer you are to getting Jubei.

>implying english fans have any impact on what they do whatsoever let alone we have control over her story relevance

well, pushing for Taokaka would be a good way to start.

Stop trying to push Tao for Summer Slam, you thirsty bitch

Stop trying to push Tao for Summer Slam, you thirsty bitch
nigga, I don't even care for Tao all dat much.
I'm just trying to help you thirsty Jubei bitches so you can shut the hell up.
you should all know Torakaka is where it's at.

l_5730662163466.jpg
Friendly reminder:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Blue hair yellow hair tie. I swear I've seen her in an anime.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

they imply that Mai was transgendered before her literal physical transformation anyways so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nothin' wrong with it

I never heard about that.
I don't think I've seen that on her wiki either.

I mean, it says she eventually completely sees herself as female AFTER, but not before.

Last edited:
Another day, another lack of Jubei confirmation.

This friggin mentality. You can't just force a creator to create a certain thing, no matter how many people want it.

Remember when we tried to force Annie by volunteering our skills? It just didn't happen.

I think I mentioned this before, but I was talkin to some tv tropes peeps wanted to bring the convo here.

Platnium is a body made by the Muchorin, and Luna and Sena are based off of Nine and Kazuma respectively.

This clears up a ton of stuff about them. Like Luna's affections for Jubei, her violent tendencies and her burning hatred for Ragna. Also would explain Sena's smart yet reserved nature and why he just sucks up all of Luna's abuse.

I'll accept that
better than Trinity just eating a couple of kids to fuel herself, at least