• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blazblue

WrkzTai.jpg

I'm okay if you're okay

what show is that

Hiya, Quick Question:
Just got BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend about 4 days ago and wondering
how do you Carl and Kokonoe?

What I can do so far:

I know how to play Carl, It's just his new nerfed combo flow is throwing me off quite a bit
and for Kokonoe I don't really know how to start her combos.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated n_n

Hiya, Quick Question:
Just got BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend about 4 days ago and wondering
how do you Carl and Kokonoe?

I know how to play Carl, It's just his new nerfed combo flow is throwing me off quite a bit
and for Kokonoe I don't really know how to start her combos.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated n_n

Are you in the BB Discord already? If not, there might be someone there that uses Carl, and there's a list of character-specific groups, one of which is Kokonoe:

https://discordapp.com/channels/97879289461997568/154289697219280896

(Scroll back up to the top)

Are you in the BB Discord already? If not, there might be someone there that uses Carl, and there's a list of character-specific groups, one of which is Kokonoe:

https://discordapp.com/channels/97879289461997568/154289697219280896

(Scroll back up to the top)

This is the first I'm hearing of the site actually,
I'll check it out and see if someone could help me out there too.
Thanks =)

Edit:
Not exactly what I was expecting.
Might take me longer to learn this then the actual characters lol

Last edited:
IIRC Kokonoe's combos are a bitch to perform because they'll eventually need gravity AND fireball to work, and the timing and position to both are kinda off.

She's still my favorite grumpy kitten on the story mode, however.

IIRC Kokonoe's combos are a bitch to perform because they'll eventually need gravity AND fireball to work, and the timing and position to both are kinda off.

She's still my favorite grumpy kitten on the story mode, however.

That doesn't sound so bad,
I've played Carl back in the day and he was considered one of the hardest character to main =)
And same, Really glad she finally gets the chance to be a playable characters lolz

Would you happen to have any good BnB's for her By any chance?

I love using Kokonoe because her gadgets are fun for me to use, even if I mess up. I also like her mobility.

Jubei's probably gonna keep getting the Ridley treatment until the very end of the series.

At the moment, Arksys is refusing to comment on if there's a dub.
And not only that, Patrick Seitz has not been contacted about dub work yet.

I swear to God I hope this isn't a Guilty Gear Xrd repeat, because I liked the dub of Xrd and was bummed that it didn't return.
But if they did THIS after three games and countless spin-offs, it'd feel like an absolute insult to not have dub for the grand finale of Ragna's story.
Like, I'm talking enough for me to not buy the game because I wouldn't be able to play arcade OR story mode with japanese voice acting.
I've used Dub since the very beginning.

I dunno... I heard a bit of Xrd story mode dub and sol sounded forced as hell.

Let's wait and see. Ill miss the dub on the intros... I like the character's relationships in the game, even if the plot expanded a tad too much for me to fully follow it

It feels like a bit of a personal insult, 7 years of dubbed games, and the final part of THE Main characters story, and you aren't gonna have Patrick Seitz have one more stab at it?
It just makes no sense.

Do they not have money? Do they want this game out faster? Because that's stupid, I'd rather wait months for a game with a dub than have a half-baked localized game.
I've heard people suggesting a dub could be added in a patch later, but I doubt they'd do that.

Sad, because this is a legitimate dealbreaker, I wanna see how the story ends, but I wanna see it end in dub form :|

At the end of the main story, I would be super disappointed if they didn't wrap it up with a dub.

I'd hate for GG having a less than stellar dub to prevent BB's "final" installment from getting one. BB has had a dub since day one!

At the end of the main story, I would be super disappointed if they didn't wrap it up with a dub.

I'd hate for GG having a less than stellar dub to prevent BB's "final" installment from getting one. BB has had a dub since day one!
That is exactly why I'm so upset, they skipped the dub with Guilty Gear Xrd because of that, or to get the damn game out faster, and they seem to be applying that same logic to Blazblue, despite the dub being a selling point to me (And from what it looks like, a lot of other people) for a long asstime.
I've often held a grudge against Guilty Gear for causing people to glaze over Blazblue because it's not Guilty Gear, but if that's the reason we don't have a dub (if things don't change), then I'll have a whole new number of reasons to refuse buying Revelator.

What's wrong with the HUD? It looks overall cleaner to me (except for the Overdrive/Exceed Accel indicators, those take up a strange amount and distribution of space).

wow they're committed to making BB into a true doujin fighter now aren't they
the HUD, the even worse story, and now no dub

Nah if they were they'd add Jubei because lol small hitboxes

Nah if they were they'd add Jubei because lol small hitboxes
no man you don't get it
jubei's in the void
he's too big to be neco-arc sized
but too small to be people sized

he's doomed

Yeah, no dub surprised me on Revelator (still need to get it), and if it happens for BBCF, I'd be disappointed.

Good point on wondering if they're trying to rush getting the game out too quickly. Most people would rather wait
They may have noticed rushed games from competitors can get some big backlash. 0.0
It just seems so odd to me to switch from dub to sub, even after one game (like Xrd).

The dialogue pre, post & in-battle is especially enjoyable dubbed to me, since I can understand it.
I'll just hope for the best.

Reactions: Shadowfury333
Yeah, no dub surprised me on Revelator (still need to get it), and if it happens for BBCF, I'd be disappointed.
wait, so they dropped the english voice acting for Revelator? It's JP voices only? Lame.

Much prefer the original voices in my games, but dropping the dub at this point for this series understandably will be a rude awakening.

Guess dub is not worth it for arc sys fighters now. Maybe we got notably low localization sales recently for their games and they now have to cut costs to make up the difference. Realistically most people that are interested in the game won't drop it solely on language preference. You see this every month in all these dub/sub only games where people claim they will boycott to make a protest where at best maybe a few dozen actually do it. Guess at the end of the day the gameplay trumps all. Maybe dub will happen diwn the line as free DlC like what other games do,

Anyway Es head stomps here I come.

People who boycott, boycott when the original content is cut.

One thing I have to check is if the BB tournaments uses jap voices as standard. It might sound inconsequential, but some players react not only to the screen, but sound cues too

I've made a few angry tweets on Twitter about the possibility of CF not getting a dub. I'm still gonna get the game, dub or no dub, though. But if it does have no dub, I'm gonna be as disappointed as most fans.

I don't care enough about the gameplay to really get it for just the gameplay. The characters mean a lot for me, and part of that comes from the dub. No Dub in Revelator means I'm just going to go play Accent Core, and if BB isn't getting dubbed then wtf lol

I don't care enough about the gameplay to really get it for just the gameplay. The characters mean a lot for me, and part of that comes from the dub. No Dub in Revelator means I'm just going to go play Accent Core, and if BB isn't getting dubbed then wtf lol

I might get it regardless, but I'd have to wait until a Steam release anyway. I mean, it's the version that tournaments will run. On the other hand, apparently Noel was nerfed hard, so I guess I'll see.

I wonder if Jubei will actually happen

Mai-Natsume-BBCF_08-16-16.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/blazblue-central-fiction-adds-playable-mai-natsume

Spin off characters: 3
Cat Yoda: 0

Pretty much everyone saw this coming a mile away since CP.

Anyway seems she indeed using a spear as primary weapon as shown in recent media. Same with that outfit. Wonder if they will implement kiss ability as a pseudo Rouge mechanic.

Also calling she is another 'beginner' character so people who only read Remix Hearts will play her easier ala Naoto/Es logic.

Reactions: k0mbatdan
Characters they would rather [and at this point realistically] add before Jubei

Raquel
Cajun
Touya
Black Beast Ragna
Another Murakumo unit
Noel #8
Robo Jin
That one librarium guard
Bang subordinates
Sol Badguy
Nago/Gi
Corn beef sandwitch hold the mayo

real talk I'd be over the moon if they added Bang's Subordinates

I dunno man. Until I see the frame dat, it might be another Kokonoe problem.