• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cellsai

BEEP BOOP BAN
Reaction score
Website
askminette.tumblr.com
Valentine Cerebella
Now that New Meridian's biggest diva is finally claiming her place in the spotlight, please use this thread to talk all about her.
Try to keep it pretty focused on gameplay in here, and discuss her lore and other speculation in the appropriate thread.

Back when she was first voted in as a DLC character, this was the written description we had to go on:

DLC_Eliza.png

A celebrity diva known for her charity, Eliza has been a host to the skeletal Parasite Sekhmet for countless years, completely internal and hidden from everyone. In reality, Eliza’s charity blood drives primarily serve to feed Sekhmet and preserve her own beauty. When the Medicis found out, they blackmailed Eliza and forced her to use her vampiric abilities for their own purposes. Now forced into the pursuit for the Skull Heart, an ancient ambition stirs... one that Samson and Leviathan are all too familiar with.

Playstyle Speculation

The ultimate attack-from-disadvantage character. Because of her kinship with her parasite, Eliza can control her own blood. Each time she is hit she bleeds, MK style, and the blood stays on the stage. Certain specials and supers can then use it.

Eliza will probably have two modes: one where Sekhmet is inside Eliza’s body, with slow, powerful attacks; and another where Eliza anchors herself onto the Staff of Ra and Sekhmet herself becomes a faster, more mobile character with new abilities.

Gameplay Inspiration
A.B.A. (Guilty Gear series), T.O.P. system (Garou: Mark of the Wolves), Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers series), Nanase (Street Fighter EX3), Anakaris (Darlkstalkers series), Litchi Faye Ling (BlazBlue), Jafar (Aladdin [SNES]), Jedah (Darkstalkers series), Carmine (Under Night In-Birth)

== All character playstyle speculation and gameplay inspirations are subject to change, and may be different in the final version ==

Eliza's official announcement for being released in the beta along with a run down of her initial moves:

Some quotes from the video:

MikeZ said:
If you’re hoping specifically for leaving blood around and doing stuff with it, you might be really sad. [long pause] You might be really happy. I dunno.

Render said:
I’m not going to tell you what’s missing from Eliza, but I’ll tell you what she has. She has all of her basic..uh basic movement, idles..uh I guess Eliza’s movement and idles. She doesn’t have any sekhmet stuff in that you can see.

List of noteworthy preliminary impressions, gameplay tips, reports, etc.
(...)

Last edited:
Boat assist is gonna be the greatest fucking thing. It's Cilia Slide but low-profile and with 2 hits of armor.

edit: Also, ground throw lasts like a million years and if it doesn't change it'll be the second coming of Pummel Horse assist.

Last edited:
Boat assist is gonna be the greatest fucking thing. It's Cilia Slide but low-profile and with 2 hits of armor.

And possibly projectile invul. *Prays that stays in*

@OnyxBones Yeah they like to avoid telling stuff early. But adding to Sekhmet, she has a walk animation free of Eliza so we can be pretty sure she'll have her own mode. I kinda hope that they'll be able to keep the blood mechanic, but if they can't I guess there's really not much we can do.

MikeZ actually answered the blood mechanic question, all he said to the streamers was and I approximately quote, "No she won't, and I resent being asked about playstyles."

I prefer the Sekhmet feature a lot more anyway.

IM SO READY, She is looking perfect

MikeZ actually answered the blood mechanic question, all he said to the streamers was and I approximately quote, "No she won't, and I resent being asked about playstyles."

Yeah, but that could just be him being annoyed at being asked that a hundred times in a row. I'm gonna just wait and see and be prepared for both outcomes.

Me and nekro found some cool stuff.

she's neat. use cr.HK as an assist like a jerk.

Me and nekro found some cool stuff.

she's neat. use cr.HK as an assist like a jerk.

And that is probably why it won't retain all of it's properties, although if it doesn't it'll be a move you'll never want to put in a combo or throw out for anything really. So I'm not sure if over use of it as an assist would lead to a major nerf or not but while it exists, enjoy it people.

But it trips. D:

It would be good for neutralizing pressue I think due to it's armor and projectile invulnerability even though it trips.

But it trips. D:
well it is like BB H rush Punch, you can't combo after, It really is good for getting in at your opponents, but omg that air grab is crazy

I don;t think we will get a blood mchanic like we thing, I think it may be a super instead

Why are you people ruining my dreams. Next you're going to say her air-throw won't be comboable after the wallslam.

You must believe in the scum to become it.

But it trips. D:

Part of me wants to say “just kara cancel it right before it hits”, but something tells me she wont have any specials that are super good for that.

I don't think we will get a blood mechanic like we think, I think it may be a super instead
Hey, who knows? If they don't have enough time to implement it into Eliza's gameplay, they might just give it to Robo-Fortune as Oil. Nyanomachines, or something.

Reactions: thatmegamega
Hey, who knows? If they don't have enough time to implement it into Eliza's gameplay, they might just give it to Robo-Fortune as Oil. Nyanomachines, or something.

It's not so much that they couldn't implement it, the mechanic existed already in a primitive state before Eliza even won the vote actually. They just decided not to use it, at least not like it was planned to be when it was first shown.

give it to beowulf
just change blood to "fighting spirit"

give it to beowulf
just change blood to "fighting spirit"

Mortal Kombat SNES sweat.

We would be okay if the mechanic went to Robo-Fortune, right? I mean, she's designed after someone who bleeds a lot in the first place, so...might as well make it a weapon of sorts?

But it trips. D:

That's going to be a good thing for peacock players (i'm kicking myself in the head now cause i know there's a few peacock players going to now use this)

That's going to be a good thing for peacock players (i'm kicking myself in the head now cause i know there's a few peacock players going to now use this)

What about being used against Peacock?

hint. it's good.

I can't wait to use st.LP as an antair.

Reactions: RAT__BABY
That was exactly what I was thinking actually. Lol
Especially if you could combo into the boat assist (doubtful though)

you could combo into it just not after it because it trips

I'm just happy now that i'm parasoul i have actual usual anti-peacock assists, now i can finally drop val :PUN:

Reactions: Afince
That's what I thought, either way we will see what happens once she hits beta. I hope the move retains its properties throughout, but who knows what might change from now until official release.

Reactions: yellowflash26
Dat boat is definitely going to be a good assist for a lot of characters, that projectile invulnerability is just, amazing. o.o

Reactions: Espresso
So anyone have any idea what the light servant summon will be? because the hard is albus throwing the opponent away and the mid is the dive kick

So anyone have any idea what the light servant summon will be? because the hard is albus throwing the opponent away and the mid is the dive kick

Nothing of it has been shown as far as I know.

I don't see any problem with the boat remaining as is. It isn't overly fast, and it won't have any armor against overhead, so opponent can easily jump and punish (assist, or if you do it as Eliza). You also can't combo off of it.
However it will prevent mindless projectile spamming, which is always a good thing.

I'm fine with possibility of Eliza losing the blood mechanic. If L0 feels it would be a too tacked on gimmick to an otherwise fine character that possesses a scythe-esque shaped weapon, bodyguard helpers, and an alternate transformation then by all means don't do it. Sometimes more isn't more just look at Spider-Man 3.

HBrass would still probably be a better anti-peacock assist. The boat has less range and you can't combo off it.

Status
Not open for further replies.