• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so, it's pretty easy. If you want to marinate, marinate your chicken in some soy sauce and garlic for a while.
Once the chicken's soaked in the flavor, heat up a bit of oil (just enough to completely cover the bottom of the pot). Fry up the chicken for a few minutes to make sure it gets nice and well cooked. Usually around 3-5 minutes a side, though your chicken may vary.

Once that's done, pour soy sauce, water, and garlic into the pot. You want about 2 tbsp soy sauce, .5-1 cup water, and 1 to 1.5 cloves of garlic per pound of chicken. Bring that pile to a boil and then throw in some bay leaves (I lean towards 2 per pound) and few whole black peppercorns. Let that simmer for around half an hour.

Once the chicken is nice and tender, add vinegar, preferably rice, though any white should do. You want 1 part vinegar for every 2 parts soy sauce you used. Stir that all up and cook for another 10 minutes or so.

Once that's all done, you want a little salt and sugar for taste. I've leaned lighter on the sugar, but it's all based on what you like. Start at around 1/4 tbsp per pound. Turn off the heat and stir all that stuff up.

Once you're happy with how the sauce tastes, pull out the bay leaves and serve with steamed rice. If you're drinking with beer, I'd go with a hoppy, light to medium body beer. I lean towards IPAs

Also, if you noticed a lot of "about" or "around", that's because it's one of those old style recipes where you just eyeball the amount you're putting in. I remember it being measured in pinches and handfuls. For liquids i just pour it straight into the pot until it looks right.
For best results, cook in a clay pot.

Reactions: gllt and alexpi
For best results, cook in a clay pot.

Dutch Ovens are great. It's a bit pricey to get good ones, but a good dutch oven and a good cast iron skillet are great boons for making tasty meals

The assists thing with Albus and Horace it was the same move with Medium or Hard right? then... Light what thing does?

The assists thing with Albus and Horace it was the same move with Medium or Hard right? then... Light what thing does?

For medium, Horace does a dive kick. For hard, Albus pops out of a sewer drain and throws the opponent. We have yet to see what light does.

For medium, Horace does a dive kick. For hard, Albus pops out of a sewer drain and throws the opponent. We have yet to see what light does.

But she only have two assists... so maybe... a fake assist call?

I'm still hoping the blood mechanic is present in one form or another. I think it would be neat if upon getting hit Eliza drops blood on the ground but does not have any specials to utilize it. She would have to turn into Sekhmet before being able to take advantage of the blood. But risks taking more damage or gradually losing health you can snap back into Eliza to regain some health lost but only approx to the blood on the ground, so the more blood you used while in Sekhmet form the less health you got back.

I'm still hoping the blood mechanic is present in one form or another. I think it would be neat if upon getting hit Eliza drops blood on the ground but does not have any specials to utilize it. She would have to turn into Sekhmet before being able to take advantage of the blood. But risks taking more damage or gradually losing health you can snap back into Eliza to regain some health lost but only approx to the blood on the ground, so the more blood you used while in Sekhmet form the less health you got back.
i like this

So similar to A.B.A?
0a6a83a6b51cfb152be61b99017e1b14.png

Yes, an obvious and decent idea that is not how she works.

But she only have two assists... so maybe... a fake assist call?
....I really hope the play style of the first mode isn't too close to parasol with the egret-ish calls...but ok :p hopefully these are unique enough :p not trying to complain though. Well then again....whether it is or not, hopefully no charge moves -_-

Anyways i thought the divekick was where Eliza jumps in the air and does it on the way down like a standard divekick? I saw the sketch somewhere I forget.

Last edited:
yeah let's post those useless dead-after-next-patch combos that will be cool.

I have 5.5k in the corner lesgo combo warz
Sooo nobody Will use this combos after the next path....?

Anyways i thought the divekick was where Eliza jumps in the air and does it on the way down like a standard divekick?
I suppose you mean the special move with Horace (Medium Servant Summon IIRC)?
We don't know exactly how it will work. The in-game frame we saw is the attack per se. The concept art shows Eliza jumping and being caught mid-air by a descending Horace but the moves are not necessarily implemented in a way that matches the concept art. A good example would be j.LP that was conceptualized to be c.LP.
There's a animation of Eliza snapping her fingers that is assigned as part of Servant Summon. It's possible that's how the move starts.
The Hard version with Albus has a unique start-up (Eliza taps the ground with her staff) so I'd say it's a fair wager that each version will have its own start-up.
We'll have to wait and see.

....I really hope the play style of the first mode isn't too close to parasol with the egret-ish calls...but ok :p hopefully these are unique enough :p not trying to complain though. Well then again....whether it is or not, hopefully no charge moves -_-

Anyways i thought the divekick was where Eliza jumps in the air and does it on the way down like a standard divekick? I saw the sketch somewhere I forget.

Have you not seen them? Of the two shown they're nothing like Parasoul's.

Reactions: blufang
Sooo nobody Will use this combos after the next path....?

It depends on how much is changed in the move properties. Plus depending on if/when she gets new moves, the combo paths may change.

....I really hope the play style of the first mode isn't too close to parasol with the egret-ish calls
Can you tell me what exactly the animation of "Calls a Summon <X> to help" has to do with any playstyle considerations?

hopefully charge moves!! ^_^
INDEED.

I don't have a lot of constructive criticism on account of very little experience but I feel the need to mention that Eliza's Standing H. Punch feels fantastic to use. Even when it's unfinished the animation gives it a lot of satisfying feedback. The fact that it hits low for the first two hits and high for the last one means there's some potential interesting mindgames if you can interrupt the last hits with a low-hitting special to catch a blocking opponent off-guard.

While I don't have an issue with charge moves, I think quarter circles would be better for her.

The fact that it hits low for the first two hits and high for the last one
It's a mid for the first two, not a low. Not really important, just sayin'.

Can you tell me what exactly the animation of "Calls a Summon <X> to help" has to do with any playstyle considerations?

INDEED.
oh no i just meant minion-attacks. nothing major for now i suppose. i wanna play with sekhmet anyways :DDDDD

The most KOF character
Instant air dash back hk is Iori level of Runaway.
And the hop with air HP for fast overheads but with the third strike speed but air dashing after can negate pushblock or go for more mixups or confirms.
Instant air dash foward mp is godlike
Couldn't use the sweep to go low profile because there's a shitload of recovery but after they tech it you're still at advantage to meaty with jab(if it reaches)
Almost every normal being multiple is really fun
S tmp lower the hit box to lower than crouching hit both sides and pops opponent up followable by air hp dash combo maybe into restand
I'm loving her

Reactions: Kitsuziza
I'd prefer quarter circles instead of charge, they would seem more fluid for her

The most KOF character
Instant air dash back hk is Iori level of Runaway.
And the hop with air HP for fast overheads but with the third strike speed but air dashing after can negate pushblock or go for more mixups or confirms.
Instant air dash foward mp is godlike
Couldn't use the sweep to go low profile because there's a shitload of recovery but after they tech it you're still at advantage to meaty with jab(if it reaches)
Almost every normal being multiple is really fun
S tmp lower the hit box to lower than crouching hit both sides and pops opponent up followable by air hp dash combo maybe into restand
I'm loving her
Yeah but she has no safe moves practically (excluding lights). Unless c.mp is safe. I know her specials aren't in yet, but she's definite the slower calculated form for sure.

It's a mid for the first two, not a low. Not really important, just sayin'.
True, my mistake. I can still see a lot of interesting things going on with that move.

Yeah but she has no safe moves practically (excluding lights). Unless c.mp is safe. I know her specials aren't in yet, but she's definite the slower calculated form for sure.

Well that is supposed to be the point. Sekhmet should be the fast one.

Well that is supposed to be the point. Sekhmet should be the fast one.
...that's what...I was saying...loll hopefully we get some good special moves to cancel because confirms/strings will be verrrrrryyyy scary to screw up with her

...that's what...I was saying...loll hopefully we get some good special moves to cancel because confirms/strings will be verrrrrryyyy scary to screw up with her

Well I mean you sounded like you had doubt that thats how it would be. And I'm sure that will be covered.

Well I hope with the end of the E3 we can get and update soon with the special moves, a character with only normals gets old very fast.

Reactions: yellowflash26
Well I hope with the end of the E3 we can get and update soon with the special moves, a character with only normals gets old very fast.

Yeah. I'm really hoping for something soon. We just gotta try to be patient.

Yeah. I'm really hoping for something soon. We just gotta try to be patient.
You'll eat your plain egyptian oatmeal and, so help me Osiris, you'll F@#%in like it
>:^(

I deleted everything I drafted in response to this that might have been over the line and am left with the following:
" "

In other news, normals are your most important tools. You should be able to play a character using only normals for a few months at minimum before you even consider yourself halfway knowledgeable with them. :^)

Just back from testing new moves.
I am so maining Eliza.

QCB HK is hitting low med high, or med high only?

Chage specials would be awesome, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.