• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Broseidon's Diary

Broseidon Rex

POWER UP!
Reaction score
Steam
Will Drop For Diamonds
XBL
Broseidon Rex
Cerebella
1/6/15
Played against Luna and @dekillsage . Panicked too much and messed up inputs instead of trying to calmly block. That's something I'll need to work on by challenging them and people who do crazy mixups more.

Reset I remember Sage doing:
Fukua: Cerecopter assist, jump over fireball
cMP (launch), cHK, shadow​

Played a set against @joshb911 's solobella. Went well, he said I still YOLO'd Kancho too much, which is probably true. Also should learn more burst baits and learn pathways that lead to more than just Diamond Drop, which gets damage but returns to neutral.

Hopefully I'll play enough to keep this up. Also try to write up notes on specific players.

Be more conscious of your actions, don't space out and downback, don't throw out Titan Knuckle/Unsafe moves so casually (usually leading to allowing opponent in), Implement Titan Knuckle Followups (dash jump to glide nearby, cancel knuckle into tumble run) More tick throws
His H DP are grabable but hit invincible, so use that more
IDante: Retreating blitzers are punishable with dynamo on block
Challenge chairless cHP with Grabs, they stuff him
Painwheels Lvl 3 will beat out all Bella options. Respect it
Lvl 2 is much scarier and i'll need to get familar with the new mixup options

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
Little_Miss_Rainbow is actually Luna. For some reason she gets upset if you call her Little Miss Rainbow (even though she named herself that??? idgi)

Noted. I'm also gonna try doing an analysis of myself similar to what you did. See if that helps.

Reactions: mcpeanuts
Played a little against @Dreamepitaph , who solobella'd my solobella and solo band. Bella went well, Band not so much. Also played longshot411, who keeps kicking my ass with solobella.
Finally played @Luweewu 's Solo Squigly (I THINK I'M SEEING A PATTERN HERE) and did pretty well. Learned to play somewhat aggresively to try and avoid letting him get a charge and when that didn't work, use jHP to alter my jump path and catch some attempts at Squigly's jHP.
Have to get good with spacing sLK to stuff squigly's dive kick and more resets.

Also @Zidiane , I'm curious, do you on reaction do cHP/cHK after cLK, cMP, depending on whether they block or not? I'm trying to practice reacting by setting the computer to block randomly, so I'd like some input on it. Pretty sure you do cHK because it's safe on block.

Reactions: Cadenza and Luweewu
Alright, played a set with @Beefy Heropon in Beta. Went 4-20, but it was a good set, specifically because I dealt with Peaock/H Brass. In most games, I was able to deflect/jump/dash-block/MIND GAME to get in and kill Peacock. Eliza and BB were a completely different case. I'm still not familiar enough to threaten them. I couldn't MGR BB's Extend, but Heropon didn't mash it much, so good on him.

His notes for me:
Too many full screen LnL (was hoping for catching Peacock's jump back, jHK, dash but not close enough)
Jumpnig back against peacock (autopiloting by mistake)
Mistime reflector (I got better.... but still too deflect-happy)
Not a bad bella (thank you!)

Part 2: Played against @dekillsage in a first to two to feed Hops. Not too bad (excluding that missed sHP to Pommel, getting only battletoads instead). One question for you sage, when you were doing the left/right resets with Ms Fortune using crossunders, what would've been my best option to get out of the situation (Besides block correctly or don't get in that situation)? Should I have been doing something like mash jLK, d+jMP, trying to jump out of it, or something else? I can't rely on mashing Dynamo in that situation since crossunders will make the inputs correct. Maybe Ultimate Showstopper (but that would lose to crossunder jump)?

Last edited:
Played a long set with @ShadeMoneh , including solo bella, Big Band and Robo. Really close set, both of us having good neutral.
After reading the mike Z post on meter gain, I tried focusing on shorter combos and really saw the potential. In one match, with neither person using a super up to that point, I managed to accumulate 4 meters while keeping him under 2. So yeah, I think I like this playstyle.

Reactions: ShadeMoneh
After Xanadu's and some matches tonight, I realized I've really atrophied in this game. My execution and observation has really gone poorly, to the point that people I used to be able to keep up with are beating me even with their lesser characters. I think I need to go back to training mode, specifically setting up doing inputs in extreme pressure (less 20 dps in a row, more blocking this high/low/high or high/low/grab or high/high/low mixup and pbgc out of it succesfully 20 times). So might retire from online matches for a while.

Also, any suggestions on dealing with Beowulf? His moves and reach seem pretty safe and can do almost bullshit mixups (calling bullshit because I haven't adapted yet).

Yesterday and today, I went into training mode and trained PBGCing with characters that had multiple hitting moves. So for Bella, I did sMP, sHP, Cerecopter. For each side, I did 20 PBGCed L Beat Extends in a row without being hit. Took me a while, but did manage to do it on both sides both days. I want to start setting up common reset situations but I'm not really sure the best way to set them up, so if anyone has any (ex being point parasol doing High/low with either H Osiris Spiral or Cremation assist), feel free to let me know.
Today, I played @Zidiane and went 2-20 as Big Band against his Bella. I can say that I was panicking at first, trying to mash out beat extend and cymbal crash while getting reset to death. It was around game 10 that I started thinking clearly and threatening him some, being less afraid of being in grab range and more concerned about making sure he couldn't start vortexing me. It took me way too long to start noticing his playstyle (he mentioned this) and I have to try different approaches to escaping the vortex besides "stick to one option and hope his next reset is the one my option beats". He read that and would switch often so there were a couple matches that were 3-4 resets into death.

So:
Learn to read earlier and better
Do not panic and back up all the time
Vary the defense/read resets better
Stop doing cHK into anything. It's a sweep, brass or SSJ will not connect
Practice PBGC.

And for everone's information, yes, many rocks were hustled. The one time I attempted to parry, I low parried too early.

Reactions: Zidiane
Also @Zidiane , I'm curious, do you on reaction do cHP/cHK after cLK, cMP, depending on whether they block or not? I'm trying to practice reacting by setting the computer to block randomly, so I'd like some input on it. Pretty sure you do cHK because it's safe on block.
Never got the alert for this. I do switch between s.hp and c.hk on reaction to if they block. Also, if I accidentally hit s.hp by autopilot, I usually try to runstop to safety.

Did another set with @Zidiane , worked on my bella and my bb. Learned mashing does work at times and feel a bit better about facing his bella. Felt really good when I turned my habit of grab bagging into a burst bait, not as good as depending on wakeup BB DP to get stuff. Having a DP is a great and horrible thing. It's a huge fucking hammer, and everything looks like a screw.
Also keep forgetting that solo's heal health with snapbacks.
wait...

Another thing I've started to do is do unconventional reset points like Bella cMP, pause, cLK. I realize people look for the optimal reset points to counter and by going at weird times, it can catch people off guards. Especially good for catching jumpers with an excellabella or A-Train.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadenza and Zidiane
Played a couple people tonight. Good sets again @Domo and his use of robo-fortune, really gonna have to learn some stuff about approaching with Big Band because right now, I'm torn between trying to get an earthquake hit or sMK to H Brass when he's in startup of beam. Should work on parrying
Speaking of parrying, @Zephyrel played a longer against me, making it mirror solobella and mirror Big Band. Was on point with the parries, definitely practiced them. though it initially got me hit at first, I started empty jumping into grab to throw off his timing, along with altering the timing of my block strings.
Finally, played some against @POS Industries and even taught him some resets for his bella, so I feel good about myself

Takeaway
  • This child from me. I don't know whose it is, it's not mine
  • Work on parries, especially against keepaways like fukua's and robos
  • More reset points on Band. I got a couple but I want more
  • Try to convert off of midscreen grabs using emergency brakes instead of giant step. Need to preserve that sound stun
  • Stop DPing. Seriously, just because I finally have a good DP with Band doesn't mean I should abuse it
  • Start doing teams. Maybe 3 matches solo band, 3 matches team, 3 matches solobella, 3 matches team, repeat. I want to be solid as solo so that I don't have to worry about not having an assist, but i need to get used to having assists.

Played against a bunch of people including a West Coast player named Nacho and @AtroxChobatsu . My set with Atrox was more back and forth, with me playing very patient against the peacock. My plan evolved around putting peacock in the corner but staying far enough that a teleport won't allow fora clean escape and that double jumping over wouldn't work. It worked somewhat, but Atrox did a good job of using normals to threaten me. Also, really have to stop doing cLK, cMP to either cHP or Kancho, I got called out on it several times. cHP cancel into diamond drop, just diamond drop, run stops, LnL, so many options I'm not using. My BB did arlight too, using cMK to H Brass to cover ground. yay.

Interesting note that I'll make a video showing later, but we found out that Lenny interacts like other characters doing when getting hit by Big Band's cHP or H Cymbals. With cHP, he gets lifted up just a little bit, but with Cymbals, he's clearly off the ground. Don't know if this is a bug, unimportant, or somethign that coudl be used for fun stuff.

Played a couple of games against @Outlaw_Spike . His patience and reads are on point as usual. I did manage to win with Bella/Band once, so yay! But overall, I was mashing (and not even getting the mashed move out) , making bad calls, and letting him set up his game. I remember earlier sets where keeping him pressured would give me some advantage. But I can't seem to do it as much.
Another problem is seeing his reads to mine and not reacting/adjusting. Multiple times, I would do low gilde and clap, which he would anti-air with Val's sHK. I saw him do it but rather than empty jump into MGR or double jump, I would try again, thinking I should just release it earlier. This goes for alot of my play, I simply don't vary my approach. Most of my chain only start with cLK rather than grab more. So I can learn from that.

Takeaways:
1) Stop letting opponents set up their game
2) Keep doing the rotation; 3 Bands, 3 Bellas, 3 Bella/Bands, repeat
3) Be more positive at the end. Sorry Outlaw, didn't mean to make it sound super negative when I said it wasn't a GG. I just see GG's as being a back and forth between 2 equally matched people. This was more of a Good Lesson, in that you thoroughly beat me by just simply outplaying. So don't take it as a "Yeah, whatever man. I could still beat you in [some other activity]" more of "Thank you for pointing out my flaws (defense, threatening, mixups once confirmed, alternating block strings (which I tried doing but messed up the throw inputs multiple times), keeping calm under pressure and successful mashing)"
4) Assist use was not too bad I think, so keep doing it the way you do. Think about why you calling assist and plan the attack that way.
5) Keep at it. I'll get better, just need to keep trying.
6) Should probably learn some more ambiguous BB setups. Yeah, do that.

Actually one thing I shoudl start doing is asking people if they have any suggestions based on our set. So Outlaw, any suggestions?

Last edited:
Did a couple matches against @IsaVulpes . Wow, did I get wrecked, couple of near perfects. Ms Fortune was able to build enough meter to tag in Fukua for the kill. Besides the lack of defense and apparent ability to get read by everyone, I'm using too many unsafe moves and panicking. So yeah, should totally watch out for that. Definitely have to play again and give a better showing. A long set with him should help out my defense a bunch.

On the training room side, started practicing converting off of BB ground throw without using sound stun by Emergency Braking. Timing is a little tricky, but I'll be able to get it with a little more practice.

ANOTHER SET WITH @IsaVulpes . Surprisingly, only win out of 15 matches was with solo Band, so there's something. I kept him at neutral much more and used the less unsafe moves I talked about. While the blocking was better, it was immediately backing into the corner with his fortune or fukua that I usually lost the match. The one perfect came from me going brain dead and mis-mashing diamond drop in the corner because FUCK MY HANDS!!!!! The rotation was going alright, I felt like each member of the team was doing well. Still, BB and Bella could be better.

Also, I've finally back into the habit of pre-emptive pushblocking/getting dashes. Stopped doing that initially when I realized you don't need to pushblock everything. Need to re-remember

Last edited:
Basic Blockstrings to Practice PB/PBGC vs:

Parasoul: cLK cMK sHPx2 xx L.Tearshot, cLK cMK cHP xx L.Tearshot
Bonus Note: Parasouls will always do Tearshot after anything and you always get free Reflects there

MsFortune: cLK sMK sHP xx L.Rekka, cLK sMK sHK xx L.Rekka, cLK sHP xx L.Rekka

Fukua: cLKx2 sMK (sHP), cLK cMK cHP xx L.Shadow
Note: cHP xx L.Shadow is nowhere close to a blockstring and cHP is really minus in general, so this is a prime spot to mash

Basic reactable mixups that I do:

Parasoul:
cLK cMK sHPx2 xx L.Shot, sLP sMP xx L.Egret, Dashjump j4LK
4HK anywhere (cLK cMK 4HK, restand cLP 4HK, etc)
Corner: sHPx2 xx L.Shot, sLK sMKx2 sHK xx M.Toss, Dashunder cLK

MsFortune:
cHP - jHP ad jLK jMK(1) jHK(fastfall), Dashunder cLK
sHK xx L.Fiber, jLP jMK(1) jHK(fastfall), Dashunder cLK
Rekka(x1-x2) into RekkaOverhead/Delayed Slide
IAD jHP anywhere (Rekka-Rekka-Slide sLPx2 IAD jHP, restand IAD jHP, etc)

Fukua:
cMP cHP xx M.Shadow, Dashunder sHP
cMP into Low/Throw (not reactable, but you can DJ out of this or perhaps jLP with very strict timing)
HK.Shadow anywhere
jHK xx L.Fireball (both blocked), cLK from the other side after falling over
sHP - jMK, delay delay jHK

Other Notes (Bella only, cant really recall what went on with Band other than fullscreen jump Fireball):

- Neutral seemed ok, pretty calm/collected, pressed buttons well enough while avoiding my things largely.
HOWEVER, you didn't really make me afraid of getting hit, due to a severe lack of MGR or Jump - Late Airthrow etc
On the ground pretty much everything was cLK / Titan Knuckle, in the Air you pretty much always pressed some button, so I would crouchblock ground, upback vs air and never get hit

Possibly try to land more assist punishes.. it isn't easy, but Fortune also has a hard time defending her assists when head-on
Any hit helps, both for the lockout and actual damage, so eg when you jump over Drill just always try to come down with a jHK or at least jLK or what have you

- Same thing, but obviously much worse here, with uuuh.. the entire offence. Mixups/Resets, on block pressure, decisionmaking etc. Needs work.
VERY few resets in general. cMK crossup once when I was cornered (but not even with runstop, just let me fall), cMP super delay xx DDrop and a very few Kanchous, that was it.
Needs more cLK/MGR mixups everywhere + cMK jLK delay jMP crossup + Kanchous in random places + stuff like cHP jLP plink airthrow + cMK runstop jump airthrow + cMK delay jHK vs corner etc etc etc Bella has a lot lot of reset options none of which you use, which makes me rather unafraid
Runstooooooooop

Too predictable on the things that you did. Eg when you landed Titan Knuckle, 99% of the time you did dash dash MGR - so I just upbacked away. The one time you pressed cLK, I upbacked away anyway, due to you being out of range. Practice turning this into an actual mixup situation

A thing you hit me with *when you tried it* was cLK cMP (blocked) xx Kanchou, or cLK cMP cHP (blocked) xx Kanchou. You did that three times, I got hit three times (one of those being a happy birthday into double snap, where you then dropped the Doublesnap.. DO NOT DROP DOUBLESNAPS!). Why not do it more often?

Bunch of occasions I think where you laid the hurt on one of my assists (eg two Titan Knuckles and a mini combo on Fukua, which is 50% life in 1v3), then scored a hit on my point but didn't snap. Snap more.

You kept doing (last time too) cMK into j2MP - which I presume is supposed to be cMK into jMP but screwed up. Don't screw that up - or at least not in that way. That really shouldn't ever happen.

- Defence was WAY too passive
Reversal more! This is the opposite of what most people say at most times, where if you do a single reversal in 100 games they go "Mash less"
But I think it is important that one learns when and how to reversal vs whom

This isn't just the "Complete lack of PBGC" issue, but also just Supers/LnL/Run-Ram in general
Bella is a toolbox of reversals, but the only things you did were a lot of DDrop once (which has 4f of hit vulnerable startup and got CHd every time) and Horns rarely (mostly when I was grounded and at max cLK range, where Horns is guaranteed to whiff..)
When you have 3 bars and I get to call assist and do some silly mixups on you, your Bella is lacking a .. crucial .. thing.
Band hurt me a lot cus he did a bunch of Beat Extends. Bella just always sat there and took mixups until she got hit; the two Dynamos you did in the entire set .. connected!

Of course senselessly mashing everywhere is a bad idea, but you NEED to make me scared of just going for nonstop bullshit.
If I don't expect you to reversal and you do, I take a lot of dmg.
If I expect you to reversal, I will stop attacking. If you didn't - tadaa, you get a free out.
Especially important for lockdown assist bollocks, where I call Fuk and then just run in and push buttons.. if you hit me with a reversal here, I take SO MUCH damage!!

The important thing is that Reversals are strengthening your defence even if they don't hit.
If I bait a super on a guess and yeah you supered and I get to punish you, I will have in my mind "This guy reversals sometimes, be careful with your offence!" and run a lot, lot less wild
Will try to use Burstbaits, or block + DP assist, or whatever .. Which in turn makes all the things I do way easier to avoid than if I get to molest you with invisible resets and unreactable high/low/throws

I wasn't as nice - hit you with a bunch of stuff (most notably Fortune super DHC BFF);
Not even because I was scared of what you could/would do - just to send a statement of "I am not letting you play your game for free"
Reversals in SG are really, really strong.

Bonus note on the "too passive" note: Sometimes, uuuh, just push buttons; as bad as that sounds
I don't think you even attempted a single time to falling jLK me out of one of my crossunder stuff
It doesn't necessarily work, and if it doesn't you're taking a bit more dmg, but .. then you learned that you can't do that against this setup!
What if I spent all game doing mixups that I can just get jabbed out of? You wouldn't know!
If you think that Button pushes are too much of a risk, then at least attempt to Doublejump out of my stuff more. It is often quite doable, and carries very little risk.

Other than that, yeah, PB and PBGC practice + try and learn to react to the reactable stuff.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: fenster
Today was no games. Instead went to training mode and just practiced PBGC against IsaVulpes suggested Parasoul blockstring at different points. Realized Devil Horns will almost never catch her, so US or Dynamo is way to go. Couldn't hit it consistently, but informative to see how the different attacks screw with my timing.

More practicing of PBGC. I feel a little more confident against Parasoul's cLK cMK sHPx2 xx L.Shot string. Learnt that M BE's slightly longer reach allows it to punish a pushblock sHP into tear where a L BE cannot.
Also started thinking about Fukua blockstrings. Was originally doing cLK, cMK, cHK into L Shadow/H Shadow/ Snuggles because it kept them close by (though apparently that's not much good since it does that). Learned that sometimes its better to simply not pushblock, but we'll see if I can apply that in a match later hopefully.

Also, I think the best times to pushblock for BB is when I start seeing the music stands retract and for bella when her hand retracts. It seems to roughly coincide with the green flash on the input display.I know I should try to get a feel for it rather than look for the animation, since in a match, there will be a bunch of things on screen obscuring my view, but for now, this is good.

Did a good set with @Bit_Strife last night, who could easily handle my Bella on her own. But having Band on the team or Solo really made a difference.
Today, just did a short 15 min before I had to go practicing inputs then practicing just blocking against jump in val with Squigly low assist. It's something I notice a lot of players using and something I get caught up on. The dummy's pattern was Jump forward, Call Assist, jLK, cLK, cMK, sHK x3. Gonna set it up in the future so that the dummy alternates when they call assist and what jump in move they do.

Things I realized in while in training mode:
1) I should really try to use bella's jump to immediate elbow drop more for more mixups
2) After cHP and jumping up, gliding under the opponent and clapping at the right moment will cause a crossup, but the timing is really strict
3) Getting pushblocked during a cMP but canceling into cHK not only hits low, but also gets you pushed back less then if you hadn't used cHK. Why did it take me this long to figure out
4) Need to start learning burst baits that tricks them into bursting on the second or third hit rather than focus only on first hit bursts

I haven't seen that crossup clap before but it sounds awesome! Everything else that you listed is really useful, so it's worth doing all of them.

I don't remember who but someone told me at CB that elbow drop is not only safe but you can convert off it without otg so that especially is a really good tool

I haven't seen that crossup clap before but it sounds awesome! Everything else that you listed is really useful, so it's worth doing all of them.
I'll try to make a short video showing what I mean. Someone has probably already found it but it's interesting to see.
I don't remember who but someone told me at CB that elbow drop is not only safe but you can convert off it without otg so that especially is a really good tool
Yeah, but I'm having problems with the seemingly-tight timing of getting that hit after the elbow drop. Also, I have no idea at the OTGing stuff, I didn't look at the bounce color. Something to investigate.

Things I realized in while in training mode:
1) I should really try to use bella's jump to immediate elbow drop more for more mixups
2) After cHP and jumping up, gliding under the opponent and clapping at the right moment will cause a crossup, but the timing is really strict
3) Getting pushblocked during a cMP but canceling into cHK not only hits low, but also gets you pushed back less then if you hadn't used cHK. Why did it take me this long to figure out
4) Need to start learning burst baits that tricks them into bursting on the second or third hit rather than focus only on first hit bursts

1) Elbow drop is a greeeeeeat high option. So fast and it's soooooo sweet that she can combo off of it for free, and from what I got in training mode just now, is +4 at best(correct me if I'm wrong, because my TV is really small and hard to differentiate between the - and +, but I did counter hit reversal jabs with my own every time). Definitely, definitely, definitely work that into your mixups.

2) I remember Sage doing that, but it was during a stream that's probably long gone off of twitch by now. No way to convert off of it midscreen from what I tried, but I found a way that lets you if you use Throne of Isis assist, so you can actually get a really ambiguous left/right off of it.

3) However, it's not a true blockstring, which I learned from playing against Adeveis. He noticed I'd end my blockstrings with sweep, and he would Daisy Pusher me for it every time, so you gotta be wary when using it in blockstrings.

4) A burst bait I love doing is jump back jab>strong. Only works in the corner, but no matter when they burst, it'll whiff. And if they don't burst, they're in a knockdown state because you chained into j.MP.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Played a bunch against @Duckator today, went 2-30 but wasn't too bad of a set. Was able to figure out that he doesn't like to jump much under pressure as Val and grabbed a bunch. However, I let myself get trapped into the corner and get vortexed by his Val, Filia or Eliza. Also fell to some really smart (and silly) things. And despite knowing he likes to throw a bunch, there were not as many techs as there could have been. Looking forward to rematching him.

Just played a set against @Fizzxwizz . Can we talk about this man's ability to parry? My gosh, some of them are ridiculous.
Anyways, kinda happy with some of my blocking in the corner, there were a couple of times where I blocked headless fortune for a good 3-5 seconds and managed to escape the corner. Couldn't calmly PBGC tho, needs more practice. I also need to just try parrying more and recognize attempts by the opponent to parry (aka bait parry with empty jump in, throw, etc). Just stuff to improve.
I'm hoping I'll start doing what I used to do, play at least half an hour a day just to maintain/slightly improve. The fight isn't in me as much, but I'm hoping it'll come back.

Just kept it super simple today, no matches just blocking. Focused on blocking Val with Cremation assist combo ( assist call/jLK, cLK, cMK, dead cross), doing three three variations of it by altering the time the assist is called.
I realize that when I switch from blocking low to high, I will hit upback, which will be something to definitely fix. I practiced both in the corner and at midscreen at different distances from val (since close enough, jLK will trickily cross up). Once I got decent at that, started doing PBGC H LnL, since I would able to confirm that I actually did (compared to devil horns, which would mean waiting for the opponent to get back to neutral or reflect dead cross since same thing). Gonna try to focus on my blocking/escaping situations.

Little disappointed with myself today. Went about 16-12 with a guy named habildo133. Kept getting hit by repeated rush punches. I would know the distance is wrong but I would still try to MGR. Also knew he would mash tag or super a couple of times (and punished) but more often got hit. I really need to practice and play more. Sadness.

Went up against @Lawnba in a 0-27 set. Only once did I get down to his parasoul (only when he toyed with me) and way too many perfects to be ashamed of. I can practice dps easy as hell in training mode after pushblocking and everything, but my hands go to shit in match. Too many LnL when going for reflect.
I'm honestly stuck in a rut. I go to training mode to practice stuff but motivation/imagination runs dry much quicker than it used to and I hop to quickmatch, only to lose horribly and know I am truly being outplayed. I guess the best thing to do would be to just keep playing but

I suck. Next Question

I started off by practicing doing PBGC MGR and Diamond Drop out of a BB string (cLK, cMK, sHK, L Brass), trying to do 20 in a row like I used to when first learnign how to do basic motions. I then had a good set with @Dyne (Eliza/Painwheel/Cerebella). Muscle memory has me doing DH to Dynamo way too often. I also think that practicing the PGBC beforehand helped some with inputs. I think I'll do that much more, each day with a different PBGC string.

Reactions: Dyne
Today's PBGC string against Big Band involved something I always get hit by... Painwheel's jMP. In 30 minutes, I was unable to PBGC into Beat Extend 10 times straight against

Painwheel: jMP, Cremation assist, cLK, cMK, charged cHP.

The timing of this string meant if I pushblocked too late (once Painwheel had landed and cremation still had me in blockstun), my beat extend would get punished by charged cHP. So it was a matter of pushblocking the 2nd to 3rd hit of jMP, block both the cremation and cLK while in pushblock state, and then calmly do the DP motion.

I know I said I'll do a different one every day, but i'm gonna repeat this one tomorrow because it's a real weakness for me.

Last 2-3 days were more PGBC against the Painwheel/Cremation, still altering the timing. Though the last two days had it so at the end of PB required me to block a low before dping, when I need to block the low today, I got 20 straight DPs pretty easily, so huzzah for progress.

I played duo against @Dawn111 , @Bit_Strife , and @fenster (who all thoroughly whipped me) but I did feel better against them than i usually would. Even got a few intentional parries in there, so HUZZAH!

Played a set against @worldjem . Did well in the beginning (lost but felt like I was doing something with duo) then I fucking sucked. Nothing like completely blowing something you've spent a week practicing, falling for the same shit constantly and not learning your opponent while he fucking reads you easy. I swear, I used to love this game and still do sometimes but FUCKING HELL WHEN WILL I STOP FUCKING SUCKING SO GOD DAMN HARD JESUS CHRIST.

Last edited:
Played a set against @Dolfinh . Did well in the beginning (lost but felt like I was doing something with duo) then I fucking sucked. Nothing like completely blowing something you've spent a week practicing, falling for the same shit constantly and not learning your opponent while he fucking reads you easy. I swear, I used to love this game and still do sometimes but FUCKING HELL WHEN WILL I STOP FUCKING SUCKING SO GOD DAMN HARD JESUS CHRIST.
What, I definitely did not play you anytime recently.

What, I definitely did not play you anytime recently.
Apologies, saw WorldJem's icon as the dolphin and mistaked it for yours. Would've kicked my ass anyways. My bad.

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Played a couple with @cherry blossoms but the internet wasn't too good. Just played a bunch of lobbies, was not too bad with my duo. Still a little too hesitant to call assist and really see someone punishing my assist as an opportunity to punish them, i'm not scared of sacrificing the assist for a way in. Should probably change this mentality.

If losing a little bit of damage on your assist grants you a kill or a large amount of damage on the point, it's worth. Your assist will recover health, so you have to make the trade-off. Just be wary.

Played a couple of matches over a couple of days with @fenster @Some Person @Elda Taluda (sneaky sneaky Beowulf command throw assist) and ViewThePhenom. Showing improvement with my duo, but still dropping inputs under stress (BB jHK instead of Cymbals, sHK instead of Giant Step, etc)