• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Cerebella's Outdated Old Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Peacock Robo Fortune Double
Post your stuff hoooomieeees.

Bella Midscreen on Lightweights 11k

Bella Corner on Lightweights 10k

The 2 above work on PC, MDE, SQE, whatever the hell you want to call it. IT WORKS IN THE NEW ONE.

Post your shit, I need solo combos on Bella, Dub, and Soul. Midscreen and versace corner.

Reactions: CaioLugon and Icky
Post your stuff hoooomieeees.

Bella Midscreen on Lightweights 11k

Bella Corner on Lightweights 10k

The 2 above work on PC, MDE, SQE, whatever the hell you want to call it. IT WORKS IN THE NEW ONE.

Post your shit, I need solo combos on Bella, Dub, and Soul. Midscreen and versace corner.
How much damage on MDE?

How much damage on MDE?

They both do around 9.7kish iirc. I'll check

First one does 9.8-9.9k(most I could get)

Can't do the 2nd one. I'm assuming its around the same.

Last edited:
How much Drama does that midscreen one leave the opponent with afterward?

If prepping for the pc, we should try to get stun values in there too. I don't have the execution to nail any of these, but if someone wants let us know what the stun is, that would be great.

Holy fucking shit, that first one is borderline impractical, and I'm not just bitching. With some slow-motion testing, HP xx Kanchou is very likely a 1-frame link, and that's the easy part. The Devil Horns immediately following determines whether or not c.MK will connect based off how high the opponent is, which is just as delicate if not more but without ANY visual indicators since the camera is flying all over the place and no audio indicators because it's half a second after the last attack came out. How valuable is 2-3k guaranteed extra damage off a c.LK? I have to ask myself, while I ponder going back to Phyre's flowchart.

EDIT:
Wait, it only does like 9.7k after the nerf? Fuck that shit! I'll just skip the horns section for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjomegas1200
Well... to be honest I highly doubt its a 1 frame link or even lose to that.
The devil horns follow up is easy, whether or not you land cr.mk depends on when you did devil horns. You can get it with practice, its not a hard thing to do at all. The idea is you land devil horns at the end of its hitbox, and not inside bella. Or something idk how to explain it.

Honestly the hardest part for me is to land the launch after the 2nd devil horns. People seem to have no problems with it though.

That being said, choose consistency over damage. Her corner combos on lightweights are extremely practical, and severins are really optimized but a bit less practical(some of them anyways). She also has 9k on double with 1 meter that requires no effort and saves the otg so you can spend a 2nd bar for 10k.

With a simple extension to her bnb you get like 8.4k or something idk. It's good damage, do what works

@dekillsage

Easier to answer your twitter question here since I need more than 140 characters.

After Pummel Horse (or any move that causes a stagger, like Diamond Deflector, s.MP, Double's teacup, etc) you shake out of the stagger by just waggling the stick left and right as fast as you can. You may also be able to just do 360s with it, I'm not sure. I don't think hitting buttons does anything, it's just the stick movement that does it. If you want to test if a combo really works even if the other player shakes out of whatever stagger you're doing, you can record the dummy to do 46464646464646 and set it to play as "repeat". Then hit them with something and see if your combo still works.

Thanks! I've done some of my own testing so I'll try this last and confirm.

Edit: Alright so you can not shake out of it if I combo properly. I have come to this conclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpeanuts
@dekillsage

Easier to answer your twitter question here since I need more than 140 characters.

After Pummel Horse (or any move that causes a stagger, like Diamond Deflector, s.MP, Double's teacup, etc) you shake out of the stagger by just waggling the stick left and right as fast as you can. You may also be able to just do 360s with it, I'm not sure. I don't think hitting buttons does anything, it's just the stick movement that does it. If you want to test if a combo really works even if the other player shakes out of whatever stagger you're doing, you can record the dummy to do 46464646464646 and set it to play as "repeat". Then hit them with something and see if your combo still works.
I think 360's should work. It's 4 inputs of 4 and/or 6, and doing all 4 will reduce stagger time by 15 frames (from 60 to 45). In practice, you only need to do 4646.

Dekillsage, I've noticed that you've been shooting down multiple people calling out HP xx Kanchou with little to no evidence on your part. Either troll less or produce data.

What do you mean shooting down people calling out HP xx Kanchou?

The only time I've ever shot someone down?(I guess this is a thing) is when I told them shaking out of stagger doesn't mean you can't get hit by cr.mp or cr.hp. You shake out, you're still vulnerable to being hit because you can't block immediately after getting out of stagger. All you have is grab invincibility, and if you DID block its on the Bella's part for not doing her move fast enough, not on the person who shook out.

Last edited:
Eh, about the shaking out of stagger. I've personally tested it and been able to block the follow-up multiple times (my timing is fine), so I don't really know. Now, if you're playing somebody who can't shake out fast enough, abuse it.

Easiest way to test it imo is to set the dummy to combo and you as the player shake out. I wouldn't mind a demo vid, as long as it's not along the lines of a Zidiane-type demo where it's rinse and repeat a scenario like 50 times in a vid before it works.

Last edited:
The thing is you can shake out of stagger right away, but I was never given the ability to block. I wouldn't mind streaming/making a video of me doing it though.
I also don't think speed of the masher is an issue either. I've tried shaking out by shaking heavily and then rotating the control stick softly with same results.

I've tested it where I try to shake out of the combo myself, and haven't been able to block once when the timing was what I believe to be correct.

Also if you where really given the option to block, wouldn't that also mean that the combo would end?
http://www.twitch.tv/dekillsage/b/464779586 at the 8 minute mark is where I try it with hitboxes on. Lemme know what you think (whether I'm not mashing properly, not blocking at the right time etc) I also do it at the 5:40ish minute mark

Shake the stick left to right quickly instead of rotating since I believe that rotating is actually slower since only left and right register

Shaking from left -> right or straight up shaking in random directions is indeed faster. It makes comboing off of pummel horse harder, but you can still combo after it. It's all on Cerebella's timing.

Reactions: Zidiane
yeah keninblack's combo seems practical to me. pretty fucking annoying too, since the devil horns section is finicky, but it seems fine with practice. the s.hp -> kanchou link is a little annoying but it's clearly not 1 frame. probably like 2 or 3 i don't know, it's no big deal though.

I guess I'll post my assorted stuff:

also HP kanchou is totally doable 100% of the time. the trick is to delay the HP as long as possible after 2MP

HP has 29f hitstun, run is 1f startup, kanchou is minimum 15f startup.
15f startup assumes point-blank distance, at max delay ,so let's up that by say, oh, 7f for the sake of just testing. That's 7 frames of leniency. Add in the time it takes to input run->kanchou, if you piano the input, it should come out 2-3f after the HP. That's 4f still.

Also I'm going to test the leniency with a macro recording program tonight to figure out the exact numbers, because this shit is totally doable.

Last edited:
In the corner combo I linked that involved pummel horse
you can do LNL LP or MP(if your timing is good) after the St.HK and Double assist call and then launch. You'll get more damage, avoid the chance of mistiming the launch after pummel horse and vs some characters like valentine it will give you an easier time getting the proper spacing for the follow up after launching.

also HP kanchou is totally doable 100% of the time. the trick is to delay the HP as long as possible after 2MP

HP has 29f hitstun, run is 1f startup, kanchou is minimum 15f startup.
15f startup assumes point-blank distance, at max delay ,so let's up that by say, oh, 7f for the sake of just testing. That's 7 frames of leniency. Add in the time it takes to input run->kanchou, if you piano the input, it should come out 2-3f after the HP. That's 4f still.

Also I'm going to test the leniency with a macro recording program tonight to figure out the exact numbers, because this shit is totally doable.
I've found that inputting Kanchou during the hitstop of s.HP eats the input and you only get run, so you have to wait a little bit. That's not a problem, though, because you have the entirety of run startup to input Kanchou and it'll still come out as early as possible. I've experimented with that timing in slow-motion mode.

No, here's a demonstration of my problem:

Waiting more after c.MP to do s.HP helped somewhat, but there's definitely a very short maximum wait period (unlike, say, j.MP to j.HK). I'm pretty sure that if c.MP to s.HP was as finicky as I'm being led to believe, then I'd hear more people complaining about it.

I'm consistently hitting the kanchou on the exact frame the opponent recovers. I'm inputting the run during s.HP's hitstop, so canceling into run earlier makes the s.HP never hit. I guess I should try cancelling it later? Switching from LK run to HK run has helped, but it's still effectively random.

No, here's a demonstration of my problem:

the only thing I can think of is that you're transitioning from HK to MK too slowly. If you're on stick, you can just piano HK to MK/MP. I'm not sure how it's done on pad though.

Skullgirls PC nonTOD TOD VERSION!!!!
Loljk, These combos have swag. but I feel mike z wont have them last long ;_;

the only thing I can think of is that you're transitioning from HK to MK too slowly. If you're on stick, you can just piano HK to MK/MP. I'm not sure how it's done on pad though.

uhhhh. idk about pianoing but I just press Mk immediately after inputting run.
Skullgirls PC nonTOD TOD VERSION!!!!
Loljk, These combos have swag. but I feel mike z wont have them last long ;_;

If he removes them I'm quitting this game. Filia has similar damage output with more tools to work with in terms of pushing your advantage by herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: SonicFox
I'm certain that's not the problem because, as I noted, you have the entirety of run startup to input MK and get Kanchou as early as possible. In fact, speeding it up reduces my success rate because the hitstop of s.HP eats the MK input and I get run but no Kanchou. Talking to Mike confirms that you need at least 1 ingame frame between the run and followup inputs. For the record, I'm inputting Run at the first frame s.HP connects, during the hitstop, which means I have to wait about 6 or 7 frames before I'm even eligible for followup inputs.

Edit: Further experimentation leads me to understanding that canceling from s.HP into Run later (after the hit) does make it easier. I'll figure out the real issue later on when I have more time to devote to it.

I'm certain that's not the problem because, as I noted, you have the entirety of run startup to input MK and get Kanchou as early as possible. In fact, speeding it up reduces my success rate because the hitstop of s.HP eats the MK input and I get run but no Kanchou. Talking to Mike confirms that you need at least 1 ingame frame between the run and followup inputs. For the record, I'm inputting Run at the first frame s.HP connects, during the hitstop, which means I have to wait about 6 or 7 frames before I'm even eligible for followup inputs.

Edit: Further experimentation leads me to understanding that canceling from s.HP into Run later (after the hit) does make it easier. I'll figure out the real issue later on when I have more time to devote to it.

It looked like you weren't delaying your c.MP - HP enough, but that's just me

demonstration of correct timing plus a few failures

No offense, but I can't see shit in that video because of the twitch compression followed by youtube compression. Do you have FRAPs?

No offense, but I can't see shit in that video because of the twitch compression followed by youtube compression. Do you have FRAPs?
Yes, not sure how to use it in a way that would help more than that video though?

Hey, has anyone noticed that in the corner c.HP > j.HP whiffs on Squigly? It's kind of annoying that she's the only character my BnB doesn't work on.

Yes. You can either do J.MK first to avoid it or delay the J.HP after launching.

Newest Salty Cupcakes, Mike demonstrates a slight change to run -> ender input so you can always get run-stop, run-kanchou or run-kanchou feint on the first frame possible.

Inputs for kanchou are just [4]6+mk+hk, hold for kanchou, tap for feint, run-stop is lk+mk and there is none for headbutt but that wasn't hard anyway.

Hey, has anyone noticed that in the corner c.HP > j.HP whiffs on Squigly? It's kind of annoying that she's the only character my BnB doesn't work on.
Squigly is a light character, use cr.hp j.mk j.hp j.hp instead.

A couple of new team specific combos, semi-practical. I haven't found a similar 100% for when you're cornered yet but it could exist.

I think it exists with a 2 meter start. I'll check and upload if so.

Last edited:
So last thursday Mike showed off a change for Bella where you could input the followup command for kanchou during sHP's hitstop, and have kanchou come out immeidately after the hitstop, making the sHP > kanchou thing much easier. Has that change actually been released in either the beta or the main version? Because I swear to god I'm hitting the buttons during sHP, but she still just does tumbling run without doing kanchou. The input display definitely seems to support me in this. There's no way you can do the inputs too SOON is there? I figure if I was somehow doing the inputs before the hitstop, then I'd be canceling sHP before it even hit. Am I missing some important caveat here?

Which buttons are you using to do Tumbling Run and then Kanchou? The change is live and it's been working like a dream.

Which buttons are you using to do Tumbling Run and then Kanchou? The change is live and it's been working like a dream.
I've just been hitting MK twice after hitting forward. Though I tried pianoing from LK to MK once and that didn't seem to work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.