• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Dec 5, 2014] Northeast Championships 15 (NEC) (Essington, PA.)

Wow this tournament seems like it's gonna be pretty big. Do we have any kind of plans to record the tournament? If not I could bring my setup.

man. this bites so gosh darn hard. I'm going to try go man, but the Friday just before Finals Week. Whata headache. I'm going to try, would love to see you guys before the end of the year.

man. this bites so gosh darn hard. I'm going to try go man, but the Friday just before Finals Week. Whata headache. I'm going to try, would love to see you guys before the end of the year.
You could always just try and make it for sunday.

You could always just try and make it for sunday.
I'm in Pittsburgh. 6 hours of travel both ways. I'll go for Saturday, it'll give me an excuse to see my family.

Reactions: drewski
@Hilary @cloudKing211 @WingZero

You guys are good to stay. I should also take this time to say that if for any reason you'd rather just room with people at the hotel then that is totally cool too. I can understand why you'd want to do that.

I should also mention that you're not allowed to steal anything. Sorry, my parents make the rules since it's their house.

Reactions: Hilary and WingZero
Aight @Zidiane, @WarpedEcho, @Beamsprouts

Our room is reserved from friday night to monday morning. You only have to pay me for the nights you're coming for, I'll worry about the rest. Just a warning that since it's under my name, if there's flight delays and whatnot you may not be able to get into it until the later evening.

I have dibs on sleeping with WarpedEcho (◕ ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡◕).

Just go. Nobody ever learned anything in school.

Gosh I hope it doesn't snow, I'm kinda flying since I can't really get a ride, and didn't mind spending 100$. It'd suck to be stuck down there.

Flight booked.

@Zidiane @WarpedEcho as soon as you know which days you guys are coming up for let me know so I can figure out room payment stuff.
I should be able to make it up Friday. I'll let you know if anything changes

Flight booked.

@Zidiane @WarpedEcho as soon as you know which days you guys are coming up for let me know so I can figure out room payment stuff.
I'm going to be booking my flight in the next week or so. Probably getting there Saturday morning, but if people are going to be there doing stuff (either casuals or just hanging out) I may aim for Friday morning instead.

So anyone got a spot in their room?

Man, I don't know how I'm feeling about this. On one hand I bring the games. On the other, it's a Big E tournament (and he has no intention of not disrespecting us) and it's at the fucking Clarion. Dunno if I feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks.

Man, I don't know how I'm feeling about this. On one hand I bring the games. On the other, it's a Big E tournament (and he has no intention of not disrespecting us) and it's at the fucking Clarion. Dunno if I feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks.
For whatever reason everyone has decided this is the one tournament they're all going to so that's basically why I'm going. I wish people had picked ECT or something but what can you do.

People trying to recapture that classic feeling from the last one. We can do it.

For whatever reason everyone has decided this is the one tournament they're all going to so that's basically why I'm going. I wish people had picked ECT or something but what can you do.
I think the idea was that we get more entrants than one of the main games so that Big E knows we have more than 10 players.

Basically what Kasumi said. The last NEC was really great. People still went to ECT though, didn't they? 20 people showed up according to Tournament thread, that's better than some other events. Also, I'm going to the next ECT. And also, to be real with you, I kinda thought this one was ECT. I mixed the two up somehow.

Evo conversation 1:
"Hey Ken what east coast tournaments do I go to? GUTS?"
"Nah, NEC and ECT maaaaaaaaybe APEX."

Evo conversation 2:
"It was so good to meet you, I will do my best to make NEC and ECT this year to play all you east coast dudes."
"For sure [I, McPeanuts, will be there]."
*handshake, goodbyes*
"We will neversee each other again."
*canadian spins on heels and leaves*

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
Evo conversation 1:
"Hey Ken what east coast tournaments do I go to? GUTS?"
"Nah, NEC and ECT maaaaaaaaybe APEX."

Evo conversation 2:
"It was so good to meet you, I will do my best to make NEC and ECT this year to play all you east coast dudes."
"For sure [I, McPeanuts, will be there]."
*handshake, goodbyes*
"We will neversee each other again."
*canadian spins on heels and leaves*
1: Wow fuck you Ken

2: Never said this

I may have asked him what tournaments had the biggest numbers and he was going to

IDK man my blood:alcohol was kinda 1:483 at that point

I may have asked him what tournaments had the biggest numbers and he was going to

IDK man my blood:alcohol was kinda 1:483 at that point
I feel it

I WAS GOING OFF LAST YEARS ENTRIES WHEN I SAID THAT AND NEC/ECT HAD THE ENTRIES AND GUTS DIDN'T.

ALL OF YOU ARE STRESSING ON BIG E BUT HES RIGHT WE HAVE HELLA INCONSISTENT NUMBERS SO LETS JUST DO WELL AT NEC FUCK IT.

SUCK ME OFF>

Reactions: Hilary
Guts did have 8 people last year.

Honestly I don't even really know who Big E is. I thought it was a company name for a long time.

@mcpeanuts My experience was basically along the lines of:

Me: "I wanna go to an east coast tourney sometime, which one is good?"
Literally everyone from the East Coast: "NEC and I swear to god if you don't go, you're a scrublord who will never be good at video games."

And after that, it seemed clear that I need to go to NEC. I mean, I wanna be good at video games.

Yeah regardless of how big e feels or what he's said nec will have the most people show up for sg. Our numbers at his events the past 2 were 28 and 10. That's like 3 3/4 majors

Reactions: Hilary
Honestly I'm just thankful that Big E lets us have the game in any shape or form, he can just say no, which a lot of tournaments do. We haven't really done anything to prove that we deserve to be a main game, and a lot of that is definitely my fault and I regret it. I'll try to make it up to everyone as best I can though.

Honestly I'm just thankful that Big E lets us have the game in any shape or form, he can just say no, which a lot of tournaments do. We haven't really done anything to prove that we deserve to be a main game, and a lot of that is definitely my fault and I regret it. I'll try to make it up to everyone as best I can though.

if i get top three at NEC can you do the eyeball elbow thing

if i don't get top three at NEC can you do it anyway

Reactions: keninblack
That's not your fault, if you weren't offering to run anything who else would? I would have helped at SJ but fucking UNIEL got like 86 people out of nowhere.

I wish I wasn't complete shit in this game now, I'm jealous of all of you, combos just aint my thang lol

Edit: Also trust me (PLEASE) Big E has no disrespect for any of you but his majors have turned into VERY big things where he's being pulled from 8 different ways. If there weren't streamers and stream monsters to worry about and all that hollywood bullshit Big E would have had you all all ready to go without having to ask.

:P

Last edited:
I feel this should be hyped up more