• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

Oh, I think I've been there before, for some other tournament long ago. The space there is pretty decent, though the surrounding area is really barren. (i.e. you gotta drive if you want food.) The venue itself didn't offer much more than four walls, either. RIP MAME cab.

It's actually slightly closer from where I live.

So yeah.

Probably has better traffic, too.

Dunno, never been down there.

Went ahead and confirmed with him.

The venue is:
Tapped Out Gaming
28410 Avenue Stanford, Valencia, CA 91355

$5 Venue fee

Saturday
4pm - 1-2am

Bring our own setups, he mentioned they have power strips available though. (I'll be bringing mine but we'll need a lot more)
If we want to stream we need to bring our own PC capable of doing so and would need like a 4G connection because the internet is horrible there apparently.
EATING in the venue is fine. Maybe we can do pizza if SP shows? Other than that he said there are food options around.

Spread the word!

I MAY not be able to make this this week...

UNACC-... wait...

UNACCEPTABLE!

Ugh we are gonna be hurting for setups I can feel it. We need monitors aaaaand consoles, so if you can provide these things post it here. I'll be bringing a PS3 and Monitor. POS also mentioned he can bring a setup as well! Pending other people we may have a third setup. The more the merrier!

Also it should be noted that Red can't make it, and if Mike doesn't make it we won't have a Tetris Attack setup. Also another CRT to play it on D:

Man, that requires me to stop by on the way back. I ain't made of detours. Uuugh I'll poke you tomorrow or something before I leave.

Sounds like all of you are having a major pain in the butt finding a new suitable place. I really hope you can find a new home soon. Best of luck!

I'll be bring a couple of setups but I won't be there till later due to having to pick up someone from the airport

Early night, but with the exception of the internet, the venue suits our needs decently. If we can't find another venue within the next time they are available, wouldn't mind using them. Ugh... So far though.

I really should invest in a personal hotspot...

I got unsubscribed from this thread for some reason... but anyways, not sure who showed but there is nothing for food that's walking distance. Tommys, jack, and del taco are closest for driving or just order pizza.

I like the location but I'm biased.

It was alright, though the distance and food need improvement.

And also, shoutouts to Weatherbee, Salty's new Third Strike champion. Can anybody defeat this monster?

I, for one, like Tommy's, so I would not mind having to use this location again.

If we had to.

I mean, y'know, surely there are better options.

::raises hand::
Shhhh.

Ya preferably a more convenient location would be ideal as it is also about 2 hours for me. IF WE HAVE TO THOUGH that place did work out just fine. Vic is gonna try and check out a place when she gets time. So stay tuned.

The distance isn't so much the problem for me but rather the consistency, like we have to wait a month to play there again? That's weak...Would internet cafes work out as a venue for this as well?

The distance isn't so much the problem for me but rather the consistency, like we have to wait a month to play there again? That's weak...Would internet cafes work out as a venue for this as well?
That's actually what the place Vic is looking into is. If it has space for bodies and setups, reasonable venue fee, and is open till at least decently late (2am at the leeeeast) then that is a good start.

I'm gonna be on campus at CSUN next Wednesday. If @Some Person wants to come with me (he doesn't have to but hey, it would be fun!), I know students are allowed to rent out the video game room and random AV or classrooms for free as long as we are a student (ie that tournament where some organizers charged a venue fee when students got it for free for the organizer)

Only issue I see is if you want to park near the campus, it's $6 unless you're fine with parking about 1/2-1 mile away

I'm gonna be on campus at CSUN next Wednesday. If @Some Person wants to come with me (he doesn't have to but hey, it would be fun!), I know students are allowed to rent out the video game room and random AV or classrooms for free as long as we are a student (ie that tournament where some organizers charged a venue fee when students got it for free for the organizer)

Only issue I see is if you want to park near the campus, it's $6 unless you're fine with parking about 1/2-1 mile away

Parking isn't too bad on the weekends, though I'm not sure how long we'd be able to stay, which would suck if we'd have to leave by midnight. Distance is perfect.

Last edited:
I live really close to CSUN (like walking distance almost) so if the setup was right then that would be super cool for me, haha.

Confused - are you suggesting Salty be Wed, or that you arrange it Wed for Sat?
If all goes well, arrange it on Wed for either Fridays or Saturdays

I have a class on Wed. so if the time works out, I could try to make it work

Can't believe you want me to go back early after I spend an entire day at that school

Reactions: Mike_Z
I have a class on Wed. so if the time works out, I could try to make it work

Can't believe you want me to go back early after I spend an entire day at that school
What time is your class?

Also it should be noted that we don't have a venue this week so, no Salty D: .

i used to go to csun used to live near it too and i used to do casuals at one of the classrooms with the weeabo club every friday like 2012-2013 when ffa shutdown.

Reactions: Fifi
then i got bored doing it every friday since they only play smash, then i started going to jpn and super arcade

I found a potential new venue. Here's the information I've found.

http://planet-cyber.net/

6911 Topanga Cnyn. Blvd. #103
Canoga Park, CA 91303

Here's the manager's email: sid@planet-cyber.net

Pro: +
Con: -
Neutral: ~

+Can host about 30 of us
-No venue fee from what I've been told 4$ hourly venue fee
+They seem willing to host us on a weekly basis (they seem fine with hosting us on weekends)
+Within walking distance to: Taco Bell, In-N-Out, Panda Express and other restaurants
+Will allow us to stream in their establishment (They have a seperate quiet room which would work perfectly)
~They have a few tables and a good amount of chairs available
~Allows the events to go until 3AM in the morning
- large fee for an internet pass: 19$ on weekdays, 24$ on weekends for a full day(until 12AM then you'd have to buy a new pass)
- Only has a few lag-less monitors available in case we're short a few setups (has an as of yet undisclosed fee for using monitors)
- No camera/streaming equipment.

A small issue is how we would have to bring our own equipment and setups, including our own internet. The lack of a streaming setup is a big problem though.

Last edited:
Reactions: skull person
Nice! I actually think this was the place Vic was gonna look into as well. If they don't charge a venue fee, we can probably work it out with them as part of the internet fee. Or we can ask everyone that comes to bring like $2 and see if we can work out something to not have to pay two times since we go through the night. Even if they have at least 1-2 lagless monitors that's still pretty good compared to having 0. Bringing our own equipment isn't anything new otherwise. As long as they don't mind us running a stream I'm sure we can get the equipment. Mike has his laptop, DJ brings his everywhere too.

Seems worth investigating! Probably shoot the manager an e-mail later once I know for sure that's who Vic was also gonna talk to that way we can kinda all be on the same page and this guy doesn't get confused.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cas Chronon