• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

We will still be having Salty this weekend on the 26th! So come on over and all that stuff. Bring leftovers or somethin'. Or just bring yourself that's cool too. Sign-ups! Oh, I also added Tetris Attack to the list. If you want in on that include that under games you wanna play as TA.

We are still on for next week as well! Sign-ups and stuff!

Important:
Neo informed me that the stream is actually gonna start at 6pm now, so you can show up earlier. Depending on certain life changes for Neo (potentially positive ones for him!), he may not be able to stay up late anymore, which is why he wants to start earlier so we can still get in a lot of playtime. The event would go back to ending at midnight. He'll try to keep us posted on it. May be effective as early as next week.

So there's a Speedrun Marathon in SoCal in march that i'm currently planning on attending. I requested for them not to schedule my runs on Saturday night so I can drive over to Salty to play games for a bit and chill. I'll be a driving dolphin by then, so I should be able to make it there without too many problems.

Also if there's a CRT there I could do a run or two live, which would be fun.

Reactions: Fosh
Also if there's a CRT there I could do a run or two live, which would be fun.

Nah just do a run on the arcade cabinet. That machine probably has Ecco on there somewhere.

As a heads up to everyone, Pizza Hut increased the price of their 2 medium deal to $7.99 each. Please remember this and plan accordingly when it comes to pizza time

I've also changed some of the notes/rules tooltips on the pizza table. Bring $4-5 to pitch in, $8 if you want a whole. More if you plan on getting anything extra outside of the deal (large, stuffed, sides).

New sign-ups are up!

Hello, everyone, I have some news.

May as well just say it, right...?

We got an email yesterday that Twin Galaxies is shutting down streaming operations starting after January 25th, to shift toward other things that can make more money.
What this means for us is that the 23rd is the last Salty there, because they won't be doing streaming stuff after that.
And we need to find another place willing to host us. Again.

I'm sad, because I like this place SO MUCH. :^(

whats even worse is a lot of use won't even be there the 23rd

I hear UGC is opening a new location soon.
The very first time I met you, you were super helpful. Was that a fluke? :^P

So yeah, I guess...let's...look for somewhere else again...

theres always trying dynes place i guess

That was off the table since it's also Nostalgic's place and he said no.

such a lust for venues

WHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE

Reactions: Weatherbee
Also, SonicFox will be in town this week for ESL, so he'll be at Salty.
I'm driving him around, so I'll be at Salty as well.

Have fun in NorCal, everyone.

Reactions: gluemchen
Also, SonicFox will be in town this week for ESL, so he'll be at Salty.
I'm driving him around, so I'll be at Salty as well.

Have fun in NorCal, everyone.
Well I'll be canceling nor cal to stay here for this! Glad I didn't book anything.

I am also challenging @SonicFox5000 to a money match this weekend in Skullgirls. No stipulations. FT10 if he accepts. This can be done at Salty or on the Eighty Sixed or Lab Zero stream if not at TG.

So far, the biggest recorded money match in SG is $100. More details will come as soon as I touch base with the fox man. I'll be wearing my Panda Spirit hood for this event.

Last edited:
Well I'll be canceling nor cal to stay here for this! Glad I didn't book anything.

I am also challenging @SonicFox5000 to a money match this weekend in Skullgirls. No stipulations. FT10 if he accepts. This can be done at Salty or on the Eighty Sixed or Lab Zero stream if not at TG.

So far, the biggest recorded money match in SG is $100. More details will come as soon as I touch base with the fox man. I'll be wearing my Panda Spirit hood for this event.

Just do a FT15, you don't wanna lose your money too fast

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe

Ill money match you for like 5$ because I don't want to completely rob you lol

Ill money match you for like 5$ because I don't want to completely rob you lol
SHOTS FIRED. HOLY COW.

Was not ready for that...

Reactions: SonicFox
Not being able to go to that NorCal thing has its perks. Don't wanna miss this!

Always knew you loved him more.
I never denied it! :^P
I'll miss you and everyone, and I'm pretty sad - if there is another one of these I WILL be there for it, I can't let Jais continue to spout nonsense. :^)

So far, the biggest recorded money match in SG is $100.
I'm pretty sure you're the limiting factor for money here, Dan. (^.^)
And yeah, go for FT15, we have time for 15 games...

I'm pretty sure you're the limiting factor for money here, Dan. (^.^)
And yeah, go for FT15, we have time for 15 games...
FT15 it is! I just thought the people at Salty would get bored watching what a Panda can do to a Fox...

12191555_963319550401246_8252476122730421898_n.jpg

FT15 it is! I just thought the people at Salty would get bored
It never gets old watching you lose. <3 Plus we can run it after the tournament, when everyone else goes to eat. :^)

watching what a Panda can do to a Fox...
It can...taste good?

Reactions: POS Industries
I've got work this weekend but if the 30th is the REAL last TG Salty, I'll request off for it.

I will also be there this weekend - an appearance as rare as sonicfox, but without any of the skill!

Updated info!

Last Salty at Twin Galaxies is January 30th.

Twelve days to find a new place.

Has there been any word on the reopening of Super Arcade from Wattson?

A tournament? on the 23rd when no one is around? I'm going to assume this is going to be a 5 person tournament.

Also since weatherbee and someperson won't be around this week and you're the only one with a lagless monitor afaik so please bring your monitor, mike.

Also since weatherbee and someperson won't be around this week and you're the only one with a lagless monitor afaik so please bring your monitor, mike.
I always do.

I'll be there as well! :D

I have a question, what would be the requirements for a new venue? I have a few places in mind but I'm not sure if they would work out.

Reactions: Midiman
I'll be there as well! :D

I have a question, what would be the requirements for a new venue? I have a few places in mind but I'm not sure if they would work out.
Holds ~30 people.
Let's us bring equipment.
Let's us use electricity.
Charges $7 or less.
Has good internet (this one is not actually required but preferred)

Let's
Oh, Dan... :^)

Dan's mostly right though:
- Has enough space for us, around 30 people + setups at this point. ...chairs/tables?
- Will allow the event to go long enough for it to be worthwhile for people to drive there from far away. (We are willing to lock up, I used to do that at Frootsii. And we clean up after ourselves.)
- Understands that we intend it to be actually be weekly for a long period of time, and won't mind the event still happening in six months or a year.
- Costs less than $7 venue fee per person, and/or will allow the venue fee to go toward food. (Even $7 means some people can't/won't attend every week.)
- Is somewhere moderately central to the majority of people. (KO Gaming Lounge, for example, is an extra hour each way for Wing/Bang/Verdant.)
- Has a usable bathroom. :^)
[Below are optional but preferred]
- Will allow us to stream; doesn't matter if the internet is good enough or not, we can stream from my phone, but it does matter if they would prefer we not stream.
- Close to some kinds of food.

We don't care if the place is normally video game related, and we will definitely mention how nice they are, in lots of places.

Last edited:
run it's the apostrophe police

Place should be close to a lot of (good) food places.

This is important.