• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

so are we just gunna do salty on saturday then?
Ye.

Wait, are you serious that Salty's on Saturday this week? That means I'll be watching it on the day I turn 19 (GMT+7)!

Changed the event time and junk, since it's important and counted as "already passed"

Reactions: Kai
Wait, are you serious that Salty's on Saturday this week? That means I'll be watching it on the day I turn 19 (GMT+7)!
happy birthday nerd

Gas is $3.05 I ain't going that's for sure. Have fun playing guys!

I want to predict that Bang is gonna win again unless mmds shows up then mmds will win.

Gas is $3.05 I ain't going that's for sure.

$3.05? Man, I have to deal with $3.25 (and probably more) over here. Some people just have all the luck.

That being said, I can't go this week since my hours got bumped up at work and I end at 7pm (There's some UFC fight going down or something, and that means a lot of pizzas). I mean, if we're talking FGT, then mayyyybe I can make it? Otherwise, I most likely won't be able to show up. Here's hoping people still have fun on Saturday regardless!

Gas is $3.05 I ain't going that's for sure. Have fun playing guys!

I want to predict that Bang is gonna win again unless mmds shows up then mmds will win.
mmds didnt stop me last time

Reactions: Midiman
So is there a salty today or tomorrow?

Goddamnit I had to fix the topic, again.

EDIT: so I fixed it.

/whisper Psst, it's Friday. Come on over. We'll have a reeeeeal good time*. If you know what I mean. We go aaaaaaaall niiiiiiiiiiiight.

*=Definitions of good time may vary from person to person. Cannot be held accountable should your definition not coincide with mine. Proceed at your own risk.

I fixed the thing again, it should appear weekly, and if it doesn't, well, look at the Events section instead

Remember we got Saaaaaalty things tomorrow (Friday).

Reactions: Kuzlalala
and with any luck more Robo Kitty stuff. Rolling for Robo Ky related stuff added onto her. come on Big Money no whammies.

UGH HA UGH HA! So our boy @Shin ATproof is finally leaving off to fulfill his dreams in the land of the rising sun. What do you say we send him off with a bang!? Or a beating in this case! That's right the time has come for the SHINATPROOF (offline) KUMITE! So Shin is willing to take on ten challengers all in a ft3. It should go relatively fast since Shin is also doing Kumite's in Vsav, and Guilty Gear. This should be on the Salty of next week so 4/3/15. (remember this is all subject to change because I still need to discuss more details with Shin.)

Commentators: @Mike_Z & @Midiman ?

Stream: www.twitch.tv/UGClive

Challengers!
1. @droopyturtle
2. @Midiman
3. @Devita
4. @Weatherbee
5. @Verdant Brave
6. @KidPanda
7. @BANG!
8. @Stuff
9. @WingZero
10. @Mike_Z

Now since we're on a time schedule now at UGC we might wanna start this on time, but this is the FGC lets be honest things rarely start on time.

Ahem! So stop by and enter or just watch as Shin takes on the Socal SG scene!

Last edited:
I would like to commentate for the duration that isn't me playing in the kumite, if possible!

Sign me up!

I'm down! Lemme at 'em!

Just to keep things organized, I'll post this here as well. I'm making it character lock so Shin can prepare for the matchups in advance.

For the Vampire Savior Kumite we have so far:
-Bang Camaro (Lei-Lei)
-Devita (Aulbath)
-Dyne (Jedah)
-Juno (Q-Bee)
-Kain (Bulleta)
-Midiman (Felicia)
-Mike Z (Lei-Lei)
-Rotanibor (Zabel)
-Weatherbee (Bulleta)

I was considering trying to get for the remaining spots:
-Diar

Anybody else want to toss their hat into the ring and duke it out with Shin?

Last edited:
If there is NO ONE ELSE I'll play, I feel like that's kinda a wasted spot in the VSav kumite though x.x. This is all Nostalgic's fault.

Yaaaay <3
So what time is best for SG and VSav so we can figure whats a good time for GG too?

If I make it to salty this week I'll play against Shin I guess.

Will tourney ever start earlier? I'd really like to play more than once that'd be great. If not I'll just practice uni or something. Really would be great if we used all the other set ups too I don't understand why every match needs to be streamed.

I'll be there in spirit, winning vicariously through Weatherbee's Big Band. Except when he screws up, then it's all on him.

Reactions: Weatherbee
If I make it to salty this week I'll play against Shin I guess.

Will tourney ever start earlier? I'd really like to play more than once that'd be great. If not I'll just practice uni or something. Really would be great if we used all the other set ups too I don't understand why every match needs to be streamed.
Aight I'll put you down and if you don't show I'm sure we could find a stand in. Also pls play fortune. I really don't wanna see sandbagging in this.

It's not sandbagging if I'm legitimately trying to learn a character!

But yeah I'll play my team, it's only his last day.

I was thinking of starting this at 7~8PM maybe?

Maybe doing SG, Vsav and GG or SG, GG and Vsav.

For Guilty Gear XX AC+R Kumite I'll be having:

-RS (Sol)
-Upball Ean (Venom)
-Wings (Jam)
-Bang Camaro (ABA)
-FiFi (RoboKy)
-Render? (Johnny)
-Easko? (Kliff)
-Goldencreme? (Faust)
-Mike Z (Potemkin)

Maybe add one or two more.

Oh wow, I actually hope I can go to this. Prospects aren't looking good.

Looks like I'll actually be able to make it out to this one...!

I'd love to go before shin sets off on his trip but I have no way of going
..unless someone would be willing to drive up north an hour and half from LA to my place and back another hour and a half to salty wink wink lol
IreallydoubtanyonewouldwanttothoughI'ddefinitelypayforgas

I wouldn't be able to go that way otherwise I would. You're good peeps, dude! If we don't see eachother tomorrow, we will again someday!

I'm still in Nor Cal and wish I could've seen you off, but I shall see you again someday, my fellow Val brother (;_;)7

I wouldn't be able to go that way otherwise I would. You're good peeps, dude! If we don't see eachother tomorrow, we will again someday!
Thanks, you're an awesome guy to chill with too, bro! I appreciate you wanting to help but I don't think I could accept a ride from you on your last day at salty, even if you could. It just wouldn't sit right with me, ya know?
If I did get a ride to the place though, I would've treated the salty peoples to ihop c: Ah well, I guess I'll save the idea for whenever you return to the states.

Verdant 0-3 Win
Midiman 1-3 Win
Weatherbee 0-3 Win
MMDS 3-1 Lose
Eliza person 1-3 Win
JasonD 3-1 Lose
Bang 3-1 Lose
DJAzure 1-3 Win
Kiyobi 0-3 Win
Numakie 0-3 Win
Devita 3-0 Lose
WingZero 3-1 Lose
MikeZ 3-1 Lose

There.

Soooo, a little something I wanted to do since it was my bday last week and I wanted to test the waters on this.

I was wanting to see about doing a birthday kumite this week at Salty. After talking to some people, the special rules to this kumite are as follows:

- Every person who enters the kumite puts up $3
- The matches within the kumite will be Bo3, and of the $3 put forward, I receive $1 for each win I get in the set. (Ex: I play against Weatherbee and go 3-1. I receive $3 from him. Likewise, I play against Wing and go 1-3. I receive $1 from him.) So if you're good at video games, you won't have to fork over any monies, and then you can just have fun playing games and stuff.

I'll start leaving signups here for whoever wants to take part in the kumite. If you're interested, please leave a message (or just PM me) saying so.

Entrants:
1. Devita
2. MegamanDS
3. Weatherbee
4. Mike Z
5. Bang Camaro
6. Rikers
7. Verdant Brave

This kumite will take place during this week's salty (4-17-15) and will hopefully begin asap so we can still have time for normal tourney sheninagans.

Also, it should go without saying, but I'll be looking to provide cake and ice cream for the event c:

Last edited:
Sure, put me down for this. I'm totally prepared to lose mah money! (or keep it.)