• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

I find this news so hilarious after Toonami aired "THAT EPISODE" of SAO yesterday.
Kinda makes me hopeful for more Toaru characters
Who would you expect? I'd guess Accelerator because he just started his own side story manga, but he's broken overpowered.

I find this news so hilarious after Toonami aired "THAT EPISODE" of SAO yesterday.

Who would you expect? I'd guess Accelerator because he just started his own side story manga, but he's broken overpowered.
Well I haven't really started Toaru yet, I kinda have some info about the whole thing due to my friend roleplaying Accelerator on DA (And reblogging stuff on tumblr).
So that being said, Accelerator or...whats her name, Kuroko?
One or the other.

On one hand, I'm not too too surprised he got in. On the other hand, I still hate sao and thus this character.

All these main characters are expected, but I'm wondering if there are any villains on the way.

Villains are almost always cooler.

What the fuck is with kirito's protrait?
Is everyone else seeing that?

I need to get around to watching the rest of SAO.
What they say is true, the second half isn't as good as the first.

Though I heard literally every part after that (which is getting adapted this year) is gold.

Though I won't mind playing as Kirito and Asuna.
They were cool

And the first wasn't good to begin with :PUN:

For me, SAO falls into a category of "Its fun to see other peoples reactions."

Anyway, I'm hearing SAO is getting special treatment and having two characters is not going to be a thing for other series in the game.

Not a big surprise as they just made a big announcement hyping up SAO season 2. All I know about that is Kirito looks like a girl and goes with an all melee build in an FPS because he's special.

Or he got the Halo 2 Plasma Sword.

BgCrR2fCAAEcoWy.jpg

WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT THIS IN A FIGHTING GAME?
i do like boxers

At least the game got another badly needed playable dude.

Not having the Protagonist of SAO in the game would feel odd. Regardless of your personal opinion of the work itself, you can't deny the current popularity SAO has which is what really matters in the end for these people.

Still the game needs more characters from the different LNs for variety sake and then there is the whole Sega theme going on too that is making things complicated.

Sonic boom sonic for dengeki bunko

All I know about that is Kirito looks like a girl and goes with an all melee build in an FPS because he's special.
You got a problem with people using all melee builds in FPS's?
U srs m8?
I'll hook u in thee gabber.
with my melee build.

Reactions: Jutsei
you move faster with the knife out duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

you move faster with the knife out duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
honestly, of all the silly video game ideas SAO does, going all melee in an FPS sounds the most believable to me.

see the Halo 2 Sword Lunge across the map

i wonder if he found the golden warthog.

Reactions: Error Macro
Not having the Protagonist of SAO in the game would feel odd. Regardless of your personal opinion of the work itself, you can't deny the current popularity SAO has which is what really matters in the end for these people.
It's also odd that Haru or Touma aren't playable also.

I just finished marathoning Shana the other day and now I want a character that I can't really say who it is without it being a HUGE SPOILER

hint: season 3 was craaaaazy

To be fair, Touma just punches and cancels buffs/powers, right?
Also speeches about how to live life correctly.

To be fair, Touma just punches and cancels buffs/powers, right?
pu-punches...like a boxer maybe?

pu-punches...like a boxer maybe?
my thoughts on the subject from another thread:
Touma probably would've just ended up playing like SF Balrog (boxer) + some debuff to prevent special moves.

Reactions: jam1220 and Jutsei

Same trailer with Tomoka Minato and Kirito added.​

Holy shit! That stage that Tomoka is fighting in is Twin Seeds from Nights into Dream!

That Touma ending doesn't mean anything does it?

Characters with swords or long sticks and stupid middle school girls throwing shit the game

Sounds like the composition every other anime fighter game.

Sounds like every other anime game.

Except for Melty Blood. Or Guilty Gear. That's about it lol

Trigger warning: gratuitous dickery

No Selvaria.
No Sonic Boom Knuckles killing people with one punch.
Kuro Neko not playable instead of obnoxious imouto.
More than half the characters have that uninspired, lazy ass "pull random stuff out of nowhere/change costumes every move/flick hand to make giant energy waves pop up" shtick every goddamned Japanese 2D fighter has to have nowadays. It's fun when there's one or two characters with that gimmick and when it makes some degree of sense (like Kokonoe).

I'm still really hoping for a Toradora! character like Taiga to be in this, even if as a support character.

I'm still really hoping for a Toradora! character like Taiga to be in this, even if as a support character.
If I recall Taiga is going to be in, unconfirmed her role.