• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Diamond Deflector Vs. Marie

ProtagonistHero

Peacock + Center Stage is totally a good idea.
Reaction score
Steam
ProtagonistHero
XBL
Svierrod
Peacock Cerebella Squigly
I would like to begin by apologizing for not having footage of this; unfortunately, there's no way my laptop can handle running both recording software and Skullgirls simultaneously. If anybody stumbles across this and wants to record footage to verify that I'm not just talking nonsense, that'd be much appreciated.

So, all of Marie's attacks are projectiles. You would think that this means Cerebella can use Diamond Deflector to counter them, and you'd be right. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but that's not the important part here. If you successfully counter one of Marie's attacks with Diamond Deflector, the diamond appears to hit Marie multiple times, and I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't do that. A probably related issue: it also does way more damage than it seems like it should, and it builds almost half of a super meter each time you use it successfully.

This makes fighting Marie, even on Nightmare difficulty, depressingly easy. Since Diamond Deflector can counter projectiles starting on the first frame, and Cerebella can begin blocking immediately afterwards, there's not that much risk in constantly countering Marie's attacks, even the shadowy attacks, multi-hit projectiles, or some of the massively dense combinations towards the end of the fight. You can just tear right through her pretty quickly with nothing more than Diamond Deflector, and get a full five super meters before she even hits her second form.

the fact it hits multiple times is normal, it does it with everyone. It hits everything it touches every few frames, probably to ensure it punishes the char who threw the projectile, even when there are assists everywhere on the screen, and to make sure it destroys every projectiles it meets.
The reason it does so much damage is probably because :
1) it hits Marie a buttload of times (if you ever deflect something and she goes backwards right when she is hit, it can one-shot her current phase) ;
2) she probably isn't concerned by damage reduce, so when you take one 400 damage (I think) hit then 20%*400 damage few hits in normal matches, Marie eats something like 10 hits, 400 damage each...
You build a lot of meter because all hits are considered uncombo'ed special move hits, which builds a lot when you get 10 hits.

This makes fighting Marie, even on Nightmare difficulty, depressingly easy.
wrong, it only makes that kind of thing possible :
0DA8E7FBE861B4D5BE146F657A9D1573AC6400C9
yes, that's a perfect. the damage I took was after the kill.

PS : sorry for answering this late, I don't lurk in that part of SH often.