• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Diamond In The Rough: Cerebella!

Can you see Dahlia being a good teacher? "Pass the test... or I'll kill you."

I'm overthinking it...
The way the sword shatters, maybe it some kind of shape-memory-alloy tech. Kind of like the keycards in MGS, there are real-life materials that can "remember" predetermined shapes. With the proper jolt of current, they can go from compact glob to the "remembered" form. There, a tech solution.

----

Speaking of Cerebella's implausible shoe blades, here's a leaked clip from the new Skullgirls live-action movie coming to theaters next summer:
Check out Cerebella (not sure about that redesign without Vice-Versa) in a Medici training facility:
9tArcNm.gif

Seriously though, what film is this from?
source

I have to agree I really don't see Dahlia as teacher or teaching in any regards I imagine it would go against Her character. It seems more plausible that there is some kind of Circus/Acrobat clown tutor or teacher.

Dahlia's old, experienced, an ex-member of the labs, coordinates a group of assassin. I'm under the impression that she's also composed and patient.
Personally I see it more likely that the master assassin that's already there is the teacher, rather than assuming there is an additional character that we don't know of. Occam's Razor.

Point taken I'm more thinking Dahlia is always looking out for number one and that teaching someone her skills and tricks could threaten her position as top assassin.

Edit: should probably have said when I hear black Dahlia was a teacher of sorts I imagine her in a similar role as Mrs. Victoria. Which is why I also feel it goes aganst her character. There's also the whole "murderous psycho with no loyalty" as stated in the canon info thread. Then again she does have a squad of bunny girl assassins so I guess she does train them.

Last edited:
Has no one considered the possibility that there are no teachers? No trainers, masters, or senseis in this circle? They could have just taught themselves.
As for what I think about the heel blades, it looks cool/it's a cartoon.

I've considered that...but remember this is Cerebella she's not really the type of self taught character. What we're trying to find out of B. Dahlia was a mentor or just someone who taught her skills to Cerebella I doubt mostly it's just as simple as she "taught herself" every character has a reason why they know how to fight examples include:

Samson, Levithan and Sekhmit all have past fighting experience that they assist their host with, Beowulf is a wrestler, Big band and peacock where created and trained to fight Skullgirls, and Parasoul has Military training. So I doubt Cerebella taught herself.

Point taken I'm more thinking Dahlia is always looking out for number one and that teaching someone her skills and tricks could threaten her position as top assassin.

Edit: should probably have said when I hear black Dahlia was a teacher of sorts I imagine her in a similar role as Mrs. Victoria. Which is why I also feel it goes aganst her character. There's also the whole "murderous psycho with no loyalty" as stated in the canon info thread. Then again she does have a squad of bunny girl assassins so I guess she does train them.

Train your potential rivals, and you can build in key weaknesses to exploit later. "I've taught you everything you know, not everything I know."

Dahlia is a back stabbing mosnter, yeah, but at the same time I can see her teaching a group these things. Not necessary with passion or conviction. In fact, I see her being quite harsh and short on her patience with those she's teaching. You probably couldn't even call them students, more along the lines of recruits honestly.

Dahlia is a back stabbing mosnter, yeah, but at the same time I can see her teaching a group these things. Not necessary with passion or conviction. In fact, I see her being quite harsh and short on her patience with those she's teaching. You probably couldn't even call them students, more along the lines of recruits honestly.
Leaked footage of Dahlia drilling Medici enforcers.

So I was thinking of a half decent disscusion about Cerebella's character to revie this thread. But I'm having trouble thinking of one so...I might regret doing this later but I'm learning how to draw so I decided to Draw Cerebella...

uQKmLV1.jpg

Wow I thought it was gonna look like shit but it's actually not bad.

Some constructive criticism. This was a pretty good pic :D
Here's a coupla small issues I notice but felt were worth pointing out:
  • Vice Versa's "hat" area directly over her hair looks a bit flat, it doesn't really stretch right over her head. The hole where her head goes looks a little wide for how wide the top is. The hole seems to be wider than the hat's flap near the sides.
  • Cerebella's face seems squished a bit vertically. Think it could use a bit of stretching...Also the eyes look a bit soulless
  • This is mostly a nitpick compared to the above points, but her hands normally are long enough to easily hand out of her sleeves. However, the only issue with it here is the way you drew the sleeves, making them so large compared to the bit of the hands we do see, it makes her arms look either short or pretty puny. Maybe thin out the sleeve slightly.
  • The most minor issue I have that's worth mentioning, and only barely, is that her legs have different thicknesses. The eyes aren't drawn there, so its not really a big problem, and will naturally improve as you draw her more anyways, but I felt it was worth pointing out.

None of this is personal or anything. It's a really good pic, but I feel any good picture (and good person) is worthy of receiving some friendly constructive criticisms :D

Reactions: Magma442
Well, i can think of one thing to discuss about cerebella.

That she is devoted to de medicis, that everyone knows, but i was thinking, since she is devoted to them because they raised her as family, then, since when, her vision of Vitale, that should be some father figure to her, became of a lover figure? And doesn't her ending, with vitale holding the life gem with cerebella in her lap means that vitale is actualy trying to get rid of Lorenzo to become the leader of the mafia himself?

Well, i can think of one thing to discuss about cerebella.

That she is devoted to de medicis, that everyone knows, but i was thinking, since she is devoted to them because they raised her as family, then, since when, her vision of Vitale, that should be some father figure to her, became of a lover figure? And doesn't her ending, with vitale holding the life gem with cerebella in her lap means that vitale is actualy trying to get rid of Lorenzo to become the leader of the mafia himself?

Ok so Vitale does want to become the leader of the Mob so he has no problem letting his dad kick the bucket and use the life gem for himself (plus with other members of the family being murdered by the Skullgirl there is little competition.) As for Father figure becoming a lover figure It's unclear when that happened but I assume that being raised by the mob could really warp your mentality. That and Cerebella is devoted to Vitale so she would do anything that would make him happy.

So I got to play the Voiced story modes today. Nothing really godlike or amazing but nothing downright terrible. The voiced story modes were pretty good honestly. I really enjoyed Playing through Cerebella's story again although Lorenzo and Vitale didn't sound like I expected them to sound.

Have we divulged into Vise-Versa's possible origins yet, I would like to wonder where someone like Cerebella got a magical arm hat from.

Have we divulged into Vise-Versa's possible origins yet, I would like to wonder where someone like Cerebella got a magical arm hat from.
Cerebella's mom (Mommabella?) was a really skilled maker of Living Weapons. Vice Versa was found with Baby Bella's orphan basket, along with a medallion saying "Clause" and a messsage about humanity needing someone to lead them and joining her in the sun.

Cerebella's mom (Mommabella?) was a really skilled maker of Living Weapons. Vice Versa was found with Baby Bella's orphan basket, along with a medallion saying "Clause" and a messsage about humanity needing someone to lead them and joining her in the sun.

So if Cerebella is humanity's savoir does that mean robots were sent back in time to kill her? Cause I dont think that was necessary unless Peacock and Eliza are robots.

So if Cerebella is humanity's savoir does that mean robots were sent back in time to kill her? Cause I dont think that was necessary unless Peacock and Eliza are robots.
Peacock is %50 pea. %50 cock.
Eliza's is a skeleton with skin.

Eliza is more of a skelly with blood jello for skin.

Reactions: The Dave
Eliza is basically just female ric flair

Seriously though, for anyone who doesn't know, the part about Cerebella's mother being a skilled Living Weapons maker is true (see canon info thread). The big question is how does Cerebella ends up in the mob, looking up to that slug, Vitale, and defending them as her "family" to Ms. Fortune.

Of all the known Living Weapons users, Cerebella is the most talented in control and shape manipulation. Parasoul can make Krieg cry napalm tears while Cerebella can use Vice-Versa as seamlessly as if it was part of her in many complicated maneuvers. Perhaps she is so compatible because Vice-Versa was made specifically for her by her mother, while Krieg is a Renoir family heirloom hand-me-down?

Seriously though, for anyone who doesn't know, the part about Cerebella's mother being a skilled Living Weapons maker is true (see canon info thread). The big question is how does Cerebella ends up in the mob, looking up to that slug, Vitale, and defending them as her "family" to Ms. Fortune.

Of all the known Living Weapons users, Cerebella is the most talented in control and shape manipulation. Parasoul can make Krieg cry napalm tears while Cerebella can use Vice-Versa as seamlessly as if it was part of her in many complicated maneuvers. Perhaps she is so compatible because Vice-Versa was made specifically for her by her mother, while Krieg is a Renoir family heirloom hand-me-down?

I think I've stated this before but I had a theory about Mob abduction. Since the Medici were involved in the grand war and Cerebella mother died in the grand war maybe the Medici had something to do with her 'disappearance'. The mob could've then taken a Baby Cerebella (Babybella?) and raised her as a legbreaker for the mob. If you think about it, it makes sense. Raise this girl who has a tailor made extremely strong living weapon to grow attached to the 'family' that way she will fight for you without question. Giving the mob more power to be feared.

Also you bring up an intresting point about hand-me-down living weapons. Vice-Versa was most likely tailored for Bella, so was Kreig made for Parasoul or was it given by her mother? This also brings up another interesting idea of Skullgirls living weapons. Did Queen Renior have her living weapon when she became a Skullgirl (probably not) but does a living weapon also become part of the SG?

Reactions: The Dave
I think I've stated this before but I had a theory about Mob abduction. Since the Medici were involved in the grand war and Cerebella mother died in the grand war maybe the Medici had something to do with her 'disappearance'. The mob could've then taken a Baby Cerebella (Babybella?) and raised her as a legbreaker for the mob. If you think about it, it makes sense. Raise this girl who has a tailor made extremely strong living weapon to grow attached to the 'family' that way she will fight for you without question. Giving the mob more power to be feared.

Also you bring up an intresting point about hand-me-down living weapons. Vice-Versa was most likely tailored for Bella, so was Kreig made for Parasoul or was it given by her mother? This also brings up another interesting idea of Skullgirls living weapons. Did Queen Renior have her living weapon when she became a Skullgirl (probably not) but does a living weapon also become part of the SG?
Doesn't marie have a living weapon too?

Doesn't Marie have a living weapon too?
No. Whatever she does is powered by the Skullheart. She was just a lowly, unimpressive maid before.

Reactions: Magma442
So then does a living weapon also become skull-fyd? Or does it just get tossed to the side? Since they are alive I would assume they become a tool of the Skullgirl. Would love to see Skullgirls versions of Krieg or Vice Versa.

Bumping this thread again but honestly Its hard to discus anything more unless someone has any thoughts they want to disscus?

In the meantime here's a picture
cerebella_by_bocodamondo-d915bd2.jpg

This is actually a very nice piece of art the colors and shading are done very well.
Source

Why does Cerebella have to be so needlessly douchy?

Why does Cerebella have to be so needlessly douchy?
Raised by the mob could attribute to that. But could be another reason.

Bumping this thread again but honestly Its hard to discus anything more unless someone has any thoughts they want to disscus?

In the meantime here's a picture
View attachment 11251
This is actually a very nice piece of art the colors and shading are done very well.
Source
It is good art.

On another note, wasn't Bella one of the first characters Alex or Mariel (I think Mariel's a person) designed?

I believe the first was Filia then Cerebella was second. She along with Filia were on of Alex's earliest characters, I think he designed them in high school or college.

I think he designed them in high school or college.
Holy shit really?
That's beast.

Well some of Alex early work is a bit rough. A lot of the characters have limbs very thin like twigs, but Alex art has certainly improved since he was in highschool and its nice to see the change from the concept art to the final character.

061001_cerebella02.jpg

Cerebella_portrait.jpg

While not necessarily on the topic of Cerebella I have to say Alex certainly can create unique looking characters. For example Filia with Samson or Cerebella with Vice Versa are both very interesting designs.

While not necessarily on the topic of Cerebella I have to say Alex certainly can create unique looking characters. For example Filia with Samson or Cerebella with Vice Versa are both very interesting designs.
They are really interesting.

But I have to say, the most interesting to me has gotta be Squigly. She's easily the most unique, in fighting style and moveset.

Depends for me. Design wise I'm obviously going to say Cerebella, but animation wise I would have to say Eliza has the best animation with Double coming a close second. And of course Big Band has the most intimating design.

Depends for me. Design wise I'm obviously going to say Cerebella, but animation wise I would have to say Eliza has the best animation with Double coming a close second. And of course Big Band has the most intimating design.

Big Band haunts my dreams at night, he's that terrifying. Peacock's a pretty unique character in her own right, but I remember seeing the trailer for SG on Steam and noticing Bella's hat with her using Diamond Dynamo and nearly exploding because of the sheer god damn awesomeness of that move.

To be honest, design wise, what impress me about skullgirls, is how out of bounds it goes.

Hey, let's make this beautiful woman use her blood and skeleton to do things, and while she is hit, make her brain go out of her nose and her eyes pop off.

And that is with all characters somehow.