• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Doesn't everyone love Sonic? - The Sonic the Hedgehog thread.

Good thing I decided not to buy sonic boom however in a few more days onNovember 22 is the day my wallet will die.

after playing more sonic boom I decided to wash my mouth out with some Sonic Adventure 2

it tastes so good

SA2 is actually one of my favorites in the franchise, and I personally think it's aged better then almost every other 3d platformer of that console era. One of the few I'd consider returning to besides Maximo.

SA2 is actually one of my favorites in the franchise, and I personally think it's aged better then almost every other 3d platformer of that console era. One of the few I'd consider returning to besides Maximo.
I swore never to touch Sonic Adventure 2 ever again. A small part of it is due to me getting a bad print of SA2 that had Eggman falling through the floor when starting his stage in Cannon's Core.

But I said small. There's a much bigger problem...

I'd get too attached to raising Chao. I still can't believe I grinded my ass off to raise all 3 Chaos chao variants.

I remember breaking the Chao Garden with Action Replay on the GC version of SA2.... good times <3

Wait this really You?

Nah, it ain't me.

Although I wish it could be me, I really want to try the PC Version.

Wat the Chao 2 OP, nerf nao plz.

On a more serious note, from what I'm seeing from the videos, I think one of the noticeable problems with the running stages is that they didn't use the engine that Generations and Colors used. (I think it was based off the Unleashed running engine.) Because it seems the general consensus was and is (seems to be anyway), "That engine is the best Sonic running engine." I would have to look more into this, but that's where the problem seems to start with the running stages. Which are, by the way, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF A SONIC GAME.

watching the sonic boom speed-run and the knuckles infinite jump glitch, it looks like a salmon going upstream. that being said without those glitches it would be more boring to watch.

rmHyLeC.jpg

Truly, Sonic Dreams Collection is a masterpiece of our generation.

It's literally FNAF levels of off the wall hidden easter egg content, it's insane

I honestly liked sonic, heck I had a friend back in my school who like sonic. We usually make comics for fun, I gotta say liked the game, but the fandom is ridiculous.

Reactions: Gamrdogg
Well this new Sonic "game" seems really "legit."

I wasn't too hyped about Sonic Mania, as someone who played Sonic 2 and 3, I gotta admit I like Adventure 1 and 2 a bit more, it does look pretty though,it's impressive they managed to replicate Genesis looks.

BUT MAN HOLY FUCK THAT NEW PROJECT SONIC GAME
IS IT GENERATIONS 2
IS IT A NEW ADVENTURE-Y GAME WITH TIME TRAVEL
WHATS GOIN' ON TO HAVE CLASSIC SONIC AWWWWWWW SHIT MAN IM HYPED

I'm more hyped about the fact that somehow Eggman was able to mass produce freaking GIANT DEATH EGGS. And it looks like he's going really well on his world conquest atm, too!

HE actually suceeded at his plans in Sonic Unleashed, he finally made Eggman land but it was kinda pointless since the world was blown up.

I'm curious about tha banner that shows Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic, and Boom Sonic.
I could think that he got together with two Eggmen and that'd be a good explanation for that.
But jesus fuck.
Boom Eggman is harmless, and Classic Eggman was also freaked out by Modern Eggman, I don't think either would jive w/ him.

First time in years I am hype for sonic game. Good job Sega.
Now we may pray the Gods to be actually decent games.
Does anyone think they will connect the stories of both games somehow?

Mania will be good because Christian Whitehead is involved.

BUT GENERATIONS 2

I'VE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER TO LIKE THIS BLUE LITTLE SHIT.

Maybe generations 2 will have a third sonic arrive
with a boom

That seems to be the course of action this time around. Pretty sure he wasnt in this first trailer was so they can herd in their fans before slamming the gate down. "Too late! You're all already invested!"

Boost-to-win fun with modern Sonic

2D sidescrolling action with classic Sonic

Dry, bland, Ratchet and Clank but not as fun or interesting 3D malarkey as Boom Sonic

The stream was meh, but the announcements were amazing.
Mania looks amazing, though the level designs look very CD to me and IMO CD levels aren't that fun, though Imma gonna hope for the best.
Sonic Gen2/17 looks interesting of what little we know about it. I'm just intersted if they are gonna try to emulate Classic Sonic closer to the Genesis days or keep it at Generations momentum. Also wounder if they are gonna try to go for four sonics, instead of three, with Dreamcast and Boom sonics. Dreamcast sonic is a loooong shot, but one can dream. And Boom seems to be almost guaranteed as much as they push the show and hope that Fire & Ice sells well to atone for the previous games (also season 2 hype . . . just me, ok) and how much they SEGA seems to loves Sticks (plus I'd love to see these interactions). But my tunnel dream of seeing Bean in a game is what I'm holding on to even though it's not gonna happen.
But all in all the next couple of years ...
e70.gif

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I just want knuckles to be playable in Not-Generations 2. You could all three types of Knuckles gameplay, gliding, emerald hunting, and space exploration.

And all three knuckles can be idiots together

How many knuckles does it take to screw in a lightbulb.

YO IS THAT GENERATIONS 2?!?!

what's with Sega and only making good games during their anniversary
( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)

if they would just keep doing that then they'd be less, uh... notorious?

YO IS THAT GENERATIONS 2?!?!

what's with Sega and only making good games during their anniversary
( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)

if they would just keep doing that then they'd be less, uh... notorious?
06 says Hi

A friend of mine just made thier first major video, would like to get some feedback on it?

How many knuckles does it take to screw in a lightbulb.

No matter how many you have, it'll never get done; they'll never stop knock knockin at the door

Ignoring the sins of the past ensures they will happen again in the future.

I for one, had a lot of fun with 06 when I wasnt screaming at bugs or the super speed sections. And I feel like it did a lot of stuff new that I would have loved to see executed better as well.