• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double Beta Combos/Tech Thread

Hilary

Reaction score
We got stuff.

Do stuff.

Post stuff.

Reactions: Fosh

Working with a dying pad so it's kind of a pain to record, but there's some interesting things happening with sHK Fridge x monster dash cMP sHK. cMP will hit backwards and sideswap, sHK hits normally sometimes and sideswaps a second time others. Other heavies seem to hit normally, but haven't tested as much.

sHK Fridge x monster dash sMK + assist x slide will do a very low to the ground crossunder.

sHK Fridge x monster dash jMK jHP will allow you to dash crossunder reset (a la jLP jMP jHP land > dash) and put you in a good position to knock them into your puddle.

Last edited:
Man, I got so much of the stuff. Here's the stuff I've got so far:

Yup, totally universal (with timing differences depending on character).
Note: You're probably going to lose your OTG after the second Luger on heavy characters, but the tight link to keep it definitely exists if they aren't Big Band.

Almost the exact same damage as the universal one, but it looks way cooler. Gotta rack up them style points.
Might also work on medium weights since I got it to work on Filia but I haven't done thorough testing.

The super fun stuff. This definitely works on all light and middle weights so far, need to test on heavies.
Putting Lock and Load in the first combo chain before Monster ups the damage to 9.7k.

Reactions: Hilary
Good Luger stuff, I'm diggin' it.

I'm mostly working on the early-combo monster stuff because I really want to find a route that does most of its damage up front and preserves OTG. The dream is 5k or more before 50% undizzy while preserving OTG so we can either reset or get a sliding knockdown + oki, all while using a newer route people haven't seen before.

Characters like Filia, Fortune, and Parasoul have some really nasty low-to-ground or otherwise ambiguous resets due to short launchers or things that alter someone's air trajectory while in hitstun. Double's never really had something like this, so I'm really interested in seeing what doors H-Luger and Monster can open for her.

Last edited:
c.LK, c.MK, c.HP, Cilia Slide,
(otg)MP, c.HP, Flesh Step,
MKMK, HK,
j.LP, j.MP, j.HK,
j.MK, j.HK, j.MK Barrel,
LPLP, MKMK, c.HP, HK Hornet Bomber, Car

c.LK, c.MK, c.HP, Cilia Slide, Monster super
c.MP, c.HP, Flesh Step,
MKMK, HK,
j.LP, j.MP, j.HK,
j.MK, j.HK, j.MK Barrel,
LPLP, MKMK, HP
7.2K - Hard knockdown

Big Band, Big Damage. Probably lightweight specific.

If you want a non-ATrain assist, you can still do the starter solo with cr.LKMP s.HK HP-Luger instead, then dash, cr.HP, and flesh step. Works if yer anywhere from cornered to the middle of the stage. Does 13449 damage if you do it this way.

E: ...whoops, made it public.

A-Train cHP jHK teacup looks hilarious

Big Band, Big Damage. Probably lightweight specific.

If you want a non-ATrain assist, you can still do the starter solo with cr.LKMP s.HK HP-Luger instead, then dash, cr.HP, and flesh step. Works if yer anywhere from cornered to the middle of the stage. Does 13449 damage if you do it this way.

E: ...whoops, made it public.
This damage (Why BB? WHY? lol) Anyways, this could possibly be replicated (or repurposed/changed slightly) with Bella excellabella and level 3, updo and gregor, drill and BFF, cr.mp, lk or hk buer + Hatred Install, maybe hk bomb + lenny argus (if lenny still launches the opponent to the other side), cr.mk + ekg whiff, and maybe hk fiber + feral edge. This setup is really cool! Also really love the teacup chain, its great.

After killing/snapping a cornered opponent, placing Monster! while standing as close to the corner as possible crosses up an incoming opponent. Monster! also pulls opponents that block the mixup toward Double. (someone else can find out what can be done with that, I dunno Double things)

Also Anything > point blank Monster! seems to be a safe DHC. (You could put Monster! and the end of blockstrings to make them safe I guess. Couldn't tell you a reason to bother, though.)

EDIT: Free to Gregor mash and the like, But you recover quick enough to block or crouch under Gregor like a cool guy.

Last edited:
someone make this a thing (go to :25 if you wanna skip me fuggin it up)

After killing/snapping a cornered opponent, placing Monster! while standing as close to the corner as possible crosses up an incoming opponent. Monster! also pulls opponents that block the mixup toward Double. (someone else can find out what can be done with that, I dunno Double things)

Also Anything > point blank Monster! seems to be a safe DHC. (You could put Monster! and the end of blockstrings to make them safe I guess. Couldn't tell you a reason to bother, though.)

EDIT: Free to Gregor mash and the like, But you recover quick enough to block or crouch under Gregor like a cool guy.
not much reason to do this for the safe dhc when catheads dhc is a thing tho

that combo was cool!
until you spent 5 bars loool. I liked it up until you got the poison though.

that combo was cool!
until you spent 5 bars loool. I liked it up until you got the poison though.

I was just having some fun with it, I just now got the chance to mess with the changes. Meter really wasn't my priority.

trying to find some universal, midscreen, 1 meter stuff. almost reaching 7.4k
Anything obvious I am missing?

other slight variations

Reactions: Sparties
One nice thing about the puddle is that you can use it to convert off of a j.hp that would otherwise not lead to much of anything. With the right momentum, you can cancel into barrel from a j.hp that's too high or far away, then throw out puddle->c.hp->cilia slide. It's not the most practical thing in the world, but it's an interesting little thing you can do.

I had a quick video recorded, but I was slow to posting it and now that there have been more beta changes I'm too lazy to re-record anything :P

Does Doubles new super have an official name yet?
I call it "Double Subtle Puddle Cuddle"
Try saying that three times fast

I've only spent a bit of time in the lab, but Puddle is fantastic for crossunder setups off a properly timed j.HK after landing.

In some situations, you can buffer super on landing with assist call, and flesh step for a protected crossup/fake crossup setup. It's a lot of fun, and makes landing most air-to-airs with Double lead to mega-mondo mixups.

It's character specific, but variations can probably be found for all characters. There's also times where the Puddle will trigger, but not connect (Mouth doesn't come out, puddle does a small effect and disappears). Is there any kind of protection/height restriction built into it @Mike_Z ? The character might have just been in blockstun from the assist already.

I like the Double changes a lot.

There's also times where the Puddle will trigger, but not connect (Mouth doesn't come out, puddle does a small effect and disappears). Is there any kind of protection/height restriction built into it @Mike_Z ? The character might have just been in blockstun from the assist already.
It has startup, so if they move or block or become invincible after it gets triggered it can miss.

Reactions: Krackatoa
It has startup, so if they move or block or become invincible after it gets triggered it can miss.

How big is the trigger relative to the initial hitbox? Same size?

you can change jmp and jhp for a little more damage

c.lk, s.mkx2, s.hk, H luger,
dash, s.hk,
j.mk, j.hk, barrel,
(restand)s.mkx2, s.hk,
j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, barrel,
s.lpx2, s.mkx2, c.hp, H bomber, car.

or alternatively

c.lk, s.mkx2, s.hk, H luger,
dash, otg(or not idk) c.mp, s.hk,
j.mk, j.hk, barrel,
(restand)s.mkx2, s.hk,
j.lp, j.hk, barrel,
s.lpx2, s.mkx2, c.hp, H bomber, car.

some stuff idk

edit: I'm super good at this game i can make people fall into monster without bouncing

Last edited:
cr.lk cr.mp cr.hp OTG cilia slide - cr.hp cilia slide - monster - hp luger - s.hk j.lp j.mp j.hk rejump j.mk j.hk - M Barrel - s.lp s.mkx2 cr.hp hk bomber. Deals 8.05k currently and is plus 3 in the corner, allowing the new cr.lk (8 frames) to actually threaten the opponent with a mixup afterwards. You can replace hk bomber with mk bomber to be +5 for about 100 less damage

Reactions: GrunkleBarlowe
cr.lk cr.mp cr.hp OTG cilia slide - cr.hp cilia slide - monster - hp luger - s.hk j.lp j.mp j.hk rejump j.mk j.hk - M Barrel - s.lp s.mkx2 cr.hp hk bomber. Deals 8.05k currently and is plus 3 in the corner, allowing the new cr.lk (8 frames) to actually threaten the opponent with a mixup afterwards. You can replace hk bomber with mk bomber to be +5 for about 100 less damage
yo stealing this shit. Double dealing damage? spooky.

so this is a cool thing I found. You can go right into an air chain after monster by walking back and jumping right as the monster disappears. So you can have a combo like this:
cr.lk, s.mk, s.hk, h.luger, dash forward, monster, walk back, xx, j.lp, j.mk, j.hk, barrel, s.lk, s.mk, s.hk, j.lk, j.mk, j.hk, barrel...etc....

whats the standard for air throw conversions right now, like, damage

whats the standard for air throw conversions right now, like, damage

Mine's about 5.8k one meter + assist. I really do it for other reasons, but it's one of the better ones I've seen as far as damage goes.

AT
OTG cMP cHP Cilia+Updo
dash sMK sMK sHK
jMP jHK sjMK jHK Barrel
sLP sHK
jLP jMK jHK Barrel x Car

Reactions: gllt