• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double general discussion!

So as a Parasoul main I've decided to finally suck it up and actually learn how to play double since her butt makes Parasoul's pressure game 10x better.

however...

what the hell do you do for her neutral game? I'm running her duo w/ Parasoul since i don't know what to do with the third slot yet and i can't not know how to play half my team, and the last time i had double on my team you just spammed catheads.

could someone please explain barrel loops to me?
I just don't get how to do them properly

could someone please explain barrel loops to me?
I just don't get how to do them properly

what part are you having trouble linking?

most people miss the ground chain link after the barrel un-transform or don't understand the height gain of jMK during the air chains, and those just take lab time.

if it helps:

c.lk, s.mkx2, s.hk,
j.lp, j.mk, j.hk xx M Item Crash,
s.lk, s.mkx2, s.hk,
j.lk, j.mk, j.hk xx M Item Crash,
s.lpx2, s.mkx2, c.hp xx H Hornet Bomber xx Bandwagon Rushdown

do the j.lp and the j.lk asap on the jump (and do only 1 hit on j.lk to make it easier), but still, the link to s.lk is a 4 frame one iirc so it's understandable to have trouble with that.

Reactions: MajoraZ and agent13
what part are you having trouble linking?

most people miss the ground chain link after the barrel un-transform or don't understand the height gain of jMK during the air chains, and those just take lab time.

I just really don't understand what you're suppose to do for the j.hk part into barrel because sometimes avery leaves to quickly or it doesn't connect(but it's weird cause i can do the cross up fine now)

I just use fridge since i can't really get it off

I just really don't understand what you're suppose to do for the j.hk part into barrel because sometimes avery leaves to quickly or it doesn't connect(but it's weird cause i can do the cross up fine now)

I just use fridge since i can't really get it off

Turn on slow motion and pay attention to how where the opponent is when you do jHK > Barrel.

If they get hit by avery as soon as jHK hits, it means you didn't get enough vertical climb from your jLX > jMK. They should get hit by the initial hit of jHK and avery shouldn't hit them until after Barrel has already hit them and begun to drag them down.

Reactions: agent13
Is Marie supposed to be able to knock Double out of nightmare legion? Her slow moving tubular skull projectile things can do so.

if it helps:

c.lk, s.mkx2, s.hk,
j.lp, j.mk, j.hk xx M Item Crash,
s.lk, s.mkx2, s.hk,
j.lk, j.mk, j.hk xx M Item Crash,
s.lpx2, s.mkx2, c.hp xx H Hornet Bomber xx Bandwagon Rushdown

do the j.lp and the j.lk asap on the jump (and do only 1 hit on j.lk to make it easier), but still, the link to s.lk is a 4 frame one iirc so it's understandable to have trouble with that.
Thanks so much for this.

I have the lk > mk x2 > hk ingrained in my head, but after that I'm always lost as to what I should be doing in the air before I go into the barrel.

Last edited:
Also, since there's not another place to say it, I want to say that since double, IMO, has one of the coolest designs in the game, it's kinda sad most of her moves are from other characters, even if they were cut from them.

I think an entire original moveset for double would be insanely creative, and insane visually, but that was probably part of the reason it wasn't done, it'd be really hard to animate.

I've been playing around with Double for the past couple of days and she's pretty fun!

The main thing I'm having trouble with is escaping from repeated fuzzy guard pressure from fast air attacks e.g. Parasoul j.LP or Ms Fortune j.LK. LK bomber tends to whiff under people in this scenario and there's not always time for an HP luger, so what are Double's options in this sort of situation? Does she have any fast normals with a decent ground to air hitbox, or can't she escape without throwing out car or pushblocking well?

Edit: the answer seems to be to just pushblock properly, unless I'm missing anything else.

Last edited:

ok, the double combo @ 4:22 Duck does sets off IPS when i try to recreate it...y?

ok, the double combo @ 4:22 Duck does sets off IPS when i try to recreate it...y?
He started it with a counterhit j.hp, which reduces undizzy by 100

I've been playing around with Double for the past couple of days and she's pretty fun!

The main thing I'm having trouble with is escaping from repeated fuzzy guard pressure from fast air attacks e.g. Parasoul j.LP or Ms Fortune j.LK. LK bomber tends to whiff under people in this scenario and there's not always time for an HP luger, so what are Double's options in this sort of situation? Does she have any fast normals with a decent ground to air hitbox, or can't she escape without throwing out car or pushblocking well?

Edit: the answer seems to be to just pushblock properly, unless I'm missing anything else.

You can low profile jump attacks by crouch blocking and then nail them with anti-air CH c.HPs. It's obviously really high risk since double has no good special cancels to throw out in that situation, but you at least get a CH fierce combo if it works.

Reactions: Mr Peck
i want to pick up double really bad but i dont know where to start with her, can someone help? lol

I've been using Double with cerecopter assist lately and man the meter gain seems huge. Like 2 blockstrings and I have 1 bar. Then 3 blockstrings to get 2 bars and catheads. Then even if they block everything you can almost get another bar during catheads.

Also, since there's not another place to say it, I want to say that since double, IMO, has one of the coolest designs in the game, it's kinda sad most of her moves are from other characters, even if they were cut from them.

I think an entire original moveset for double would be insanely creative, and insane visually, but that was probably part of the reason it wasn't done, it'd be really hard to animate.
Seeing the art compendium frame dump for Double reveals a lot of the mad-genius in her animations. I can't remember who did them but I vaguely recall that it was mainly someone other than persona/kinuko.

Seeing the art compendium frame dump for Double reveals a lot of the mad-genius in her animations. I can't remember who did them but I vaguely recall that it was mainly someone other than persona/kinuko.
Bahi JD?

http://bahijd.tumblr.com/tagged/double
http://www.pelleas.net/aniTOP/index.php/interview-with-bahi-jd

Bahi JD said:
When I finished all the FX work, Alex and Mike Z (the programmer and game designer of Skullgirls) decided to give me total freedom on the character Double, a transforming monster with lots of liquid and crazy movements. So I was assigned to animate all of Double's moves, but due to schedule, we split the moves among other animators. The amount of freedom of creativity I had on this character was really huge. Alex gave me 4~5 drawings of Double and some notes about the moves I was assigned to, but everything else was up to me. I really had tremendous fun animating this shape-shifting crazy character.

Reactions: TiredOcean
What moves should I use to follow up after doubles throw mid screen? Flesh step then what? c.lk s.mk s.hk works however it puts them up too high sometimes and doing the barrel loops is difficult.

You can stagger the speed you chain lk mk hk (or lk mk mk hk) to get the right height launch of barrel loops off the OTG or just do c.mp hk after the flesh step.

I do throw > flesh step > cLK cHP flesh step sLP sMK2 (delayed out) sHK barrel loops etc

@dekillsage Have you tried calling the assist and then doing your special move, rather than trying to do both at once with QCF+HP+MK? That's slower obviously but you might have to do that.

My impression, which is wrong, because I don't know how this game works, but my impression is that forward, half circle forward + button is interpreted as QCF rather than DP if the character has both a QCF and a DP move that both use that button. Double doesn't, she has DP+K but not QCF+K. Normally not relevant but since you're hitting a punch and a kick simultaneously maybe doing a QCF doesn't override the DP motion?

Reactions: Hilary
@dekillsage Normally not relevant but since you're hitting a punch and a kick simultaneously maybe doing a QCF doesn't override the DP motion?

Yeah this is what I think is happening. I dunno
I could do it the normal way, but it is a loooot slower in comparison. Because if I dash under and input qcf then call assist I can still get dp sometimes ;-;

you could try to button dash to not get a dp

Reactions: Hilary
you could try to button dash to not get a dp

Oh that works. I never button dash because of how inconsistent it is on 360 pad lol. Luger still has the be autocorrected though but that's fine as long as I know that.

Reactions: Hilary and gllt
@dekillsage @mcpeanuts
DP > QCT in Double's script, and she has no HCT version. So if you do something that counts as both things with P+K you will get a DP.
If you wanted to be sexy about it you could do D+P+K,DF,F+release P?
Is it possibly for Double to get new character frames that replace a character that she duplicates more than once?

can we have a kickstarter just to fund this move being put in
tumblr_lzlj8v8N7X1qanw3wo1_1280.gif

^^^ would pay for

Pretty sure they said they can't put that in due to it being to big

Is it possibly for Double to get new character frames that replace a character that she duplicates more than once?
I really can't go anywhere without being randomly accosted, can I...

Would you risk making her worse just to replace a move so she has a new character, Double forum? :^P

Reactions: gllt
Every move where she is already another character that she is in one move, is actually Double not being that character, but Double being Double being that character. Makes you think.

Give double Eliza's air dash and big band's parry :PUN:

Reactions: ink_deer
Man I think a cool move to give Double would be a fake flesh step or something, kinda like Arakune's fake clones and stuff.

Would you risk making her worse just to replace a move so she has a new character, Double forum? :^P
well, there are a few moves that we could change without risking making her worse. st.mp, cr.hk, cr.lp, and *maybe* j.lp would be safe moves to replace imo. I'm also curious about the unused eye fling special that used other unused peacock frames i heard she had. Was it that you never finished implementing it into the game, or was it just really useless or something?

I just would love Double to be the shape shifting saint that she intended to be! :( But I will stop bothering you about it because I owe you for making this amazing game in the first place.