• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

EC VS The World 10v10 @ Combo Breaker 2016

For what it's worth, when I originally posted "me and zeknife vs dolfinh and fuzzy_snugs 2v2 exhibition", I meant it along the lines of "and if we win, we feel smug about the 10v10 team underestimating us". Not "and if we win, we take their slots on the team". Even if it did turn into a thing where people had to play matches to decide on a couple of slots, I assumed it would be on a casual setup or in a hotel room or something. I'm grateful that you guys are considering giving us a shot but if this ends up as something needlessly complicated and awkward to fit into everyone's schedules at the last minute, I'm happy to leave it.

Last edited:
Also FWIW I challenged Dolfinh a looooong time ago. :^P

lmao if u think I'm playing for my spot
lmao if you think I ain't callin' you washed up on commentary <3

Reactions: PME
hey

pokemongun.jpg

lmao if you think I ain't callin' you washed up on commentary <3

The difference is you'll be on commentary
He's the one playing

Uhh I have only half an idea what's going on. What time/day is this? I didn't see it in the OP. I work only Thursday through Saturday.

Are you willing to accept people challenging you to fight to keep your spot on Team World?

Y/N

@Mike_Z , I think you need to be on that team. No offense to people on the world team, but ya, Mike needs to be in there over a few.

Because they want to show the best SG at the 10v10 exhibition and think that some players currently not on the team should deserve a chance to prove themselves?
It's not like you get $5000 for participating in the 10v10, it's just a fun show. If you believe that someone else can provide a more fun show to other people than you, why wouldn't you surrender your spot (or at least give people a chance to fight for it)?

In particular the Europe players simply never had a chance. There were no qualifiers for them. They can't just casually "go out to NWM and place well". So if you think they are better than you are, or that they would be more enthusiastic about showing themselves off than you are, it seems quite reasonable to me?!

Makes sense. Hopefully people are willing to play for their spot because they got it without doing anything

Last edited:
Well then he's gonna have to fight for it
I hope he does! I see 5 I think he can pick from

man i just wanted to play dolfy for his spot i didn't realize it would cause a shitstorm

so will there be video games happening or is this still UN diplomatic negotiations right now?

So so far we have...

Dolfinh:
-Yaya
-
-
-
-

WingZero:
-
-
-
-
-

Doesn't seem like anyone else is willing to play for a spot. So try to fight for a spot between these two. Mike? Zek? Peck? Which RR you tryna join?

Being completely honest, I was lead to believe final decisions for Team World were being made after NWM. I was happy with this because that was one of the few tournaments I can attend and I thought I could make a strong case there for being on the team. Everything being locked in before then kinda made me salty and that's kinda where all this came from?

Sorry for the shitstorm/drama =\

I am 100% in favor of dropping all of this because it's a ton less work I have to do

How about Zeknife, Yaya, Peck, and Mike play a round robin, then winner of that plays me for my slot. It's short, it's simple, there'll be some fun matches,and that's it. No one else challenges. Just one little thing to contest my slot- much less of a hassle, everyone's happy (including me because I'm sort of 50/50 about playing Skullgirls (edited your welcome) at this point as well).

Being completely honest, I was lead to believe final decisions for Team World were being made after NWM. I was happy with this because that was one of the few tournaments I can attend and I thought I could make a strong case there for being on the team. Everything being locked in before then kinda made me salty and that's kinda where all this came from?

Sorry for the shitstorm/drama =\

We were asked to lock in teams before NWM and it was supposed to be done. Then things happen (Fenster/Fuzzy not wanting to play, Sev not being able to go, etc.) and we had to replace people. I replaced these slots by asking the rest of the team who they wanted, and that was that.

And do not at all think that you or anyone else is the cause of this being a headache. If anything it came down to me for misinterpreting a post, that's it. Let me take the fall for all that.

Remember that this kind of thing happens because people are really passionate about te game- and their confidence in their skill. Not at all a bad thing.

Last edited:
everyone's happy (including me because I'm sort of 50/50 about playing at this point as well)
If you're 50/50, why not just let the people who are 100/0 fight it out just between themselves? Honest question. Seems unnecessary to have to go through all this just to unseat you if you're honestly not even that invested, right?

If you're 50/50, why not just let the people who are 100/0 fight it out just between themselves? Honest question. Seems unnecessary to have to go through all this just to unseat you if you're honestly not even that invested, right? This event is gonna be fun to play in and fun to watch because of people's good vibes, so if
Because even if SG's not where my heart is right now I still want to play in the exhibition and am fully confident in my ability to beat people. Playing offline is also days more fun and I don't want to give the slot to just anyone ;)

You realize this is just creating a hassle for no reason then right
How is it creating a hassle when I want to play in the exhibition?

I should clarify that by 50/50 about playing I mostly mean my feelings on SG in general - not this specific exhibition which I have been excited about since Kenin came up with it. I'm still practicing for it- and to defend my slot even if I'm not 100% feeling SG right now.

Because even if SG's not where my heart is right now I still want to play in the exhibition and am fully confident in my ability to beat people. Playing offline is also days more fun and I don't want to give the slot to just anyone ;)
I should clarify that by 50/50 about playing I mostly mean my feelings on SG in general - not this specific exhibition which I have been excited about since Kenin came up with it. I'm still practicing for it- and to defend my slot even if I'm not 100% feeling SG right now.
I'll accept that. I'm just not trying to watch Pat get all hype and shout, "next up is DDDOOOOOLLLLFIIIINNNNHHH!" and you're all, "yeah hey guys I'm playing cause I signed up or whatever, you know. Heart's not really in it but whatever."

I just need you to be a little more excited for this shit, lol. This shit is exciting. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH. SHOUT, JARRED. THIS SHIT IS EXCITING.

GET HYPE SON <3

If you want to play and are on the team, then just keep your spot so people like me and kenin don't have to do all this extra work to accommodate this dumb idea. I do have other stuff to do this weekend.

Okay so Zeknife and Yaya are in. That means 3 more slots for the round robin are open to face against Dolfinh.

No one wants to bother fighting Wing huh? ;P

I'll accept that. I'm just not trying to watch Pat get all hype and shout, "next up is DDDOOOOOLLLLFIIIINNNNHHH!" and you're all, "yeah hey guys I'm playing cause I signed up or whatever, you know. Heart's not really in it but whatever."

I just need you to be a little more excited for this shit, lol. This shit is exciting. AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH. SHOUT, JARRED. THIS SHIT IS EXCITING.

GET HYPE SON <3
I think it's gonna be hard for Pat or anybody to shout or get hype during what's gonna be the EC vs. Training Dummy exhibition.

It's gonna be great
Your head's screwed on funny
The event will be hype
Then you'll be the dummy

Love you BL, but dummy deez nuts

Reactions: Fizzxwizz
Okay so to remind everyone...

Friday at 1PM players will be in a round robin to play against Dolfinh for his spot, seems to be no interest in challenging Wing so we'll just keep it to 1 RR.

Also to all my competitors please be sure to read and go over the rules on page 6 so nothing comes as a surprise to you.

GET EXCITED GUYS WE'RE SO CLOOOSE!

Reactions: Mr Peck
So, how are we deciding which team lead is Red and which is Bonerfart? Personally, I think a 100% OJ match would be appropriate.