• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 Thread

Is there a Fallout thread? Someone should start one.
There was one but it was called Fallout 4 disappointment after the fake leak a while back.

But Fallout 4 game of the year of all years (So getting the collector's edition for the PipBoy and you can't stop me)

DOOM looked great and fun.

Dishonored 2 looks like it will be awesome(can't wait to see real gameplay).

Fallout 4 looked amazing and will probably cause some people to quit their jobs and become home dwellers.

This is pretty much what Todd did when he announced that Fallout 4 release date.
Mic-Drop.gif

I really like having my game flow interrupted when I pick up or change weapons.
Same goes for using chainsaws on things, it's great to have an entire cutscene happen!
I also really like nauseatingly low FOVs that make me unable to fucking see anything.
Slow movement speed is awesome, I've always wanted to be on-par with Master Chief in a footrace.
I love the bass farting noises genre and vastly prefer it over heavy metal.
Doom 3 had such great monster design, I'm so glad they're recycling the Hell Knight and Duke-Octobrain's-Retarded-Cousin Cacodemon! Minotaurs aren't cool anyway and spherical red cyclopses are so 1993.

My jaw hit the ground when I saw the Doom custom stuff, holy shit.
Really really hoping the story progression will be like Wolfenstein the New Order
I liked what I saw so far though, looking forward to more of that Multiplayer.

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Heres that awesome trailer in case anyone missed it
The official Doom trailer also got uploaded, the wait for next spring is going to kill me

Can someone explain to me why Earthbound is such a big deal to some people holy shit
It's a combination of two factors, at least from what I've seen.

1.Earthbound was a very solid RPG with an artstyle, story and overall charm that people fell in love with, albeit mostly far after it had left store shelves. This led to it being considered a "hidden gem".

2.The entire series has one of the poorest track records of all time for overseas release. The first game, Earthbound Beginnings (Mother 1 in Japan) was fully translated and was going to be released but never actually made it until now. Earthbound itself never got any form of rerelease until the Virtual Console release just last year, and the final game in the trilogy has a Smash character and stage (Lucas/New Pork City) but never was released and still hasn't even to this day, long after it's 2006 release.

Tl;dr the Mother series is a bunch of unique, charming RPGs that pretty much never get released outside of Japan so Nintendo fans love them.

Still no KOFXIV announcement...

*sigh*

I really like having my game flow interrupted when I pick up or change weapons.
Same goes for using chainsaws on things, it's great to have an entire cutscene happen!
I also really like nauseatingly low FOVs that make me unable to fucking see anything.
Slow movement speed is awesome, I've always wanted to be on-par with Master Chief in a footrace.
I love the bass farting noises genre and vastly prefer it over heavy metal.
Doom 3 had such great monster design, I'm so glad they're recycling the Hell Knight and Duke-Octobrain's-Retarded-Cousin Cacodemon! Minotaurs aren't cool anyway and spherical red cyclopses are so 1993.
I know you're being sarcastic but, Master chief jogs pretty fast guy.

Well... until Halo 4

Still no KOFXIV announcement...
Have a pachislot machine.

I know you're being sarcastic but, Master chief jogs pretty fast guy.

Well... until Halo 4
He's slow as all hell, especially compared to faster-than-Usain-Bolt Doomguy.
Well...until Doom 4.

Oh and yeah FO4 announce is awesome. Just have one thing that REALLY bothered me in the demo.

In FO3 you're parents look into a monitor to see what you look like in the future.

In FO NV after you get shot in the face, the doctor attempts to make your face as normal as possible. Which is valid why skin and hair alternations happens in front of him. Since he's the one technically changing your face.

But in FO4, YOU'RE CHANGING YOUR FACE IN FRONT OF A MIRROR, RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR WIFE! IN REAL TIME!

It's weird because the wife will be all like, "oh honey how come your face black all of sudden?"

IT'S WEIRD! Stupid thing to get bothered by I know.

Have a pachislot machine.

He's slow as all hell, especially compared to faster-than-Usain-Bolt Doomguy.
Well...until Doom 4.
Ok now you're just being an ass and rubbing salt in the wound.

Fallout 4 looks great and massive, I can't wait to play it but I'm gonna be internally debating about PC Or PS4 for months.
We'll see how the Steam Workshop turns out for that.
That BethesdaSoft client thing isn't very encouraging, man.

All I want in Fallout 4 is some more Cthulhu Mythos references.
Fuckers you're in Massachusetts where half the stories were located.
Fit at least three in there!

Doom 4 needs to be even FASTER. I like the idea of getting health from enemies to keep gameplay from grinding to halt from looking all over the map for medkits, but Doom guy's walk speed needs to be unreasonably fast.

Fallout 4 looks great and massive, I can't wait to play it but I'm gonna be internally debating about PC Or PS4 for months.
We'll see how the Steam Workshop turns out for that.
That BethesdaSoft client thing isn't very encouraging, man.

All I want in Fallout 4 is some more Cthulhu Mythos references.
Fuckers you're in Massachusetts where half the stories were located.
Fit at least three in there!

Can you say "Secret cult that worships the Legendary (also giant, radioactive) Mirelurk?"

So this has been a decent E3 then? Based on responses it sounds like it XD

I'm just super fucking hyped for Shadow Warrior 2 that got announced just before E3. Loved that game. Now we getting Doom 4 which looks a ton of fun. I'll have to double up to finish Doom 3 and the expansion...maybe beat Doom 2 again...God I love these old school shooters. Still playing Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition.

Not a fan o the sandbox world and not a huge fan of how Fallout does it either, but 4 looks great. I might give it a go if I got the extra cash.

Shadow Warrior 2013 was pretty awesome, hoping the new game makes up for how completely unimpressive the Doom 4 reveal was.

Yeah. I'm hoping the game is slightly longer than SW1. The idea of 4 player co-op is intriguing...I wonder how they gonna do it. Either way, an FPS with a focus on using a stupid good melee weapon with some ridiculous sub weapons made SW1 a breath of fresh air. Hope they can keep it up.

God, now all we need is an actually good Duke Nukem game in the modern generation and we can have all the big Devolver Digital games and games of that genre like Doom on the PS4 showing them modern shooters how its done XD

That was Microsoft I guess.

Too many guns, not enough Banjo. 6/10

Fuck I missed something
What happened

Halo 5
Recore (by Inafune and devs from Metroid Prime)
Native backward compatibility for Xbox 360
some indie games (Cupheads best game)
Rare Replay (30 Rare games for $30)
Sea of Thieves (new game by Rare, their "most ambitious title by far"). Its a pirate MMO game
Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
Micofosot HoloLens (AR) playing Minecraft
Forza 6
Dark Souls III trailer
Tom Clancy's The Division. Beta coming December for XB1
EA Access free this week
Rise of the Tomb Raider gameplay. Coming November
Fable Legends F2P for XB1 and Windows 10
Gigantic (forgot who the devs were)
Gears of War Ultimate Collection. Remastered, 60fps
Gears 4 coming Holiday 2016

Did I miss anything?

Xbox One now has backwards compatibility.

HYPE. ALL THE WAY.

Reactions: Dime
That was a very underwhelming conference.
I expected them to throw tings in my face to sell me an Xbone, but the only remotely cool things were Halo 5, the Hologlass, and that Pirate game.

Gears 4, Dark Souls III, and Recore are the only ones on that list that I'm sorry I missed.
I'm not buying an Xbone anyway so I'm not all that bummed.