• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 Thread

I remember having a lot fun with FFVII, but aside from watching my brother's game, I honestly had trouble replaying it. Usually once I'd leave Midgar I'd start losing interest, and eventually end up switching out for my other Savefiles. Not that the game wasn't good, but I guess once I knew the overall story, all that really kept me engaged on a second pass were those fun highlight moments.

So the way I see it, if Square's remake removes all of the squats, submarine antics, arcade games, galaxy destroying spells, blatant innuendo, sailor outfits, and other fun things they used to do, I just couldn't imagine that being a very good time. Hopefully they still have the balls to show Cloud in a dress.

I would have preferred that you left my boy Kendrick up there
It's alright, he's higher up celebrating the 1 milli in 1 night.

Actually it might not go to 12:30, I just know it starts at 9PST/12EST

All Nintendo has to do is announce a new installment of ANY of their major IPs and then all their rabid fans will turn right the fuck around and declare them the winners.

Star Fox Wii U is all but assured, and I will admit to being a Nintendo Fanboy, even I will say Nintendo had better pull off something major to go with Star fox to even have a strong chance of challenging the FF7 HD Remake News. Zelda being delayed till next year doesn't help (news and maybe some solid gameplay might but not by much).

Reactions: Rellek
Shenmue III is one of the miracles of the universe.

So....what's Shenmue again? I am tempted to go somewhere like TV Tropes to research but I'd like a spoiler free version first.

I know lol. Did they not show more gameplay of it? They might of when they started zooming in on peoples faces for some reason.
Nah, it was Parasoul and the Ballroom stage but then went to other games really quickly X3

Sony ends up inadvertently doing better PC conferences than Microsoft because all the "PlayStation 4 Exclusive (Also available on PC)" games they show end up not being tied down by stupid things like Windows 10 exclusivity, or Windows Store integration, or basically any of Microsoft's horrible plans for PC. Sony's excellent policies with developers (ESPECIALLY indie devs) make me most excited for their conferences every year, and I haven't owned a Sony console since 2006.

Sony ends up inadvertently doing better PC conferences than Microsoft because all the "PlayStation 4 Exclusive (Also available on PC)" games they show end up not being tied down by stupid things like Windows 10 exclusivity, or Windows Store integration, or basically any of Microsoft's horrible plans for PC. Sony's excellent policies with developers (ESPECIALLY indie devs) make me most excited for their conferences every year, and I haven't owned a Sony console since 2006.
I know what you mean. Maybe Microsoft would do better if they put Halo or even the Rare collection on PC and not Fable Legends. Both conferences had a nice mix of indie games but all the exclusive stuff on Playstation and the exclusive stuff on Xbox got annoying. It always seems like PC gets the butt end of these conferences. It's the main reason why I enjoyed Bethesda, EA, and Ubisoft's conferences more because they talked more about the games and not "hurr durr only on PS4". Now if Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 got a PC port I would go crazy.

Horizon: Zero Down looks good.

Metal animals? Why the fuck not?

Reactions: Covenant
In the small snipet of Skullgirls being shown, it was the ballroom stage with my character in the background. My character is famous now.

I'm excited for the Nintendo conference. While I doubt they can top Sony, all I need to see is more Zelda U and some footage of Star Fox U and I'll be happy.

Reactions: Rellek
Yeah I've never even played them either but just because I knew about them once I saw that announcement I freaked out

Gonna get ready for the Nintendo Digital in 30 mins.
Might watch some Square Enix too for the hype.
Also, 11 PAGES OVERNIGHT WTF GUYS.

Sony sounded real good. I'm sad I don't own a Sony console now.

Last edited:
Nintendo's starting up with pre-stream music

But some voice clip of a man saying "hey, hey" was there for a couple of seconds then gone. What's up with that?

10 minutes everyone.

oh and Shenmue was funded in a night.
fuckin' DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

Last edited:
So how long is the Nintendo conference supposed to last for?

if it's anything like last years, I'd say about an hour.

I thought I was watching E3, not the Muppets?
What is this supposed to be?

was watching the XB1 backwards compatibility explanation:
- its an emulator/virtual machine
- it works on pretty much everything but they need game-by-game publisher approval because of licenses/legal stuff (so don't expect delisted stuff like MAHVEL 3 to be allowed)
- doesn't work with kinect games
- some issues involving usb controllers, so no arcade sticks, i think? not sure on that.
- some people on gaf said it makes some games seem to have load faster/better frame rates
- if you the got the digital version of the game on your account (like free ones from games with gold deals), you can just redownload it free. putting the game disc in the drive works too, i think?

someone, we need gifs of the puppet crew walking with maximum swag NOW!

Ohhh! It's so beautiful! I can't watch!

Saw that Starfox reveal coming a mile away.
Try hit me again, but with more feeling Nintendo.

Reggie's got a feather on his shoulder

Dang it, I wish he wouldn't have acknowledged it.