• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza Beta Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a looksie at your meter bar in the video. and you might see what is going on. Hey, it's okay, everybody gotta start somewhere when they pick up a new character. Just wounder all yonder in this thread to get an idea of how Eliza should play. :^)

oh man, sry about that but its 1 bar anyway :( i just put infinite bar so i can keep sekhmet out all the time.

That kinda destroys the point of testing Sekhmet combos. You have to see how much meter she drains as she's out if you want an accurate measurement.

Just start the combo with meter set to 5 and your combo starting from Eliza to test it out.

Welp moar Squigly and Eliza synergy. Note I had the opponent AI on Burst on First Hit and Tech Backwards so yeah I THINK this combo is safe, don't take that to the bank however I could be horribly wrong... it also helps set up a powerful high/low mixup or powerful okizeme setup so there's that, I guess.

Reactions: OldOnyxBones
Welp moar Squigly and Eliza synergy. Note I had the opponent AI on Burst on First Hit and Tech Backwards so yeah I THINK this combo is safe, don't take that to the bank however I could be horribly wrong... it also helps set up a powerful high/low mixup or powerful okizeme setup so there's that, I guess.

unfortunately the enemy can tech the grab after silver cord. but thats the only problem there.

unfortunately the enemy can tech the grab after silver cord. but thats the only problem there.
Noooooooooooo I NEVER KNEW THAT.... I'm such a fool for putting that in there, I should have known that everybody tries to tech a grab coming off of a stagger. But you know what? Charged Dragon Punch works too you just got to time the tag in it just right.

Reactions: Shumabooma
all right, new version, theres been some eliza changes, and with changes come new combos. here's some i figured out/adapted from other combos. i know for a fact that the j.lk > j.hk > sekhmet j.lp doesnt work on everyone.
(also i only know corner combos)

- c.lk > s.mp > s.hk > 623hp > j.hk > j.214mp > s.hp > return to eliza > s.mk (3 hits) > s.hp (3 hits) 236.mk > s.lk > s.mk (3 hits) > s.mk followup > s.hk (2 hits) > 214 lk > s.lp (3 times) > s.mk (3 hits) > s.hk (2 hits) > 214HK.
at this point the combo can diverge into just plain 236pp for 9166 damage, or 214pp > 236pp for 13359 damage.

- IAD j.lk > j.hp > 214lp > j.mp > s.hp > s.hp > j.mp > s.hp > return to eliza > s.mk (3 hits) > s.hp (3 hits) 236.mk > s.lk > s.mk (3 hits) > s.mk followup > s.hk (2 hits) > 214 lk > s.lp (3 times) > s.mk (3 hits) > s.hk (2 hits) > 214HK.
like the last combo, it diverges, since it's basically the same combo with a different starter. this one does 10267 if you do 236pp or kills with 214pp > 236pp (14460 damage)

so for for the first combo against parasoul, double, eliza, and bella you have to adjust the combo a bit. neither combo works at all against big band.
bella - you have to replace the 214 HK with 214 Lk, cause the otg gets used up early
Parasoul - replace 623hp with 623LPLPLP, or do the same thing as with bella.
Double - replace 214 HK with 214 LK, but you can do the follow up on ever s.mk, so it balances out.
Eliza - same deal as bella.

with the second combo, the only characters that matter are double and big band.
Double. use more MK followups, it's just better on her
Big Band. doesnt work, sorry. (HK > 214lk doesn't connect)

friendly reminder that the second combo doesn't like to start against tiny crouchers like fillia/fukua and fortune.

Last edited:
@Nuuance Wanna redo your stuff with the latest changes? http://steamcommunity.com/app/208610
Oh yeah for sure I'll get it recorded a little later. But anyways I played around with the latest changes for 30 minutes and to be honest I don't really like the new meter drain. I liked the drain pausing slightly on hitstop/recovery.

Sigh....why does meter have to drain the same after non-movable parts..?? It should drain slower imo :/

Anyways, the combos all still work. Unfortunately they're gonna be at 7k instead of 7.3k. However, with heavies I'm guessing we can use s.mk at the end and still get the H twirl in for (hopefully) no less than 7k. I tried the s.mk on lights but they're just too far away for the H twirl after the 2 rekkas.

Reactions: gllt

This combo still works, the only difference is that it ends up doing 7.4k instead of 7.7 for one meter.

friendly reminder that the second combo doesn't like to start against tiny crouchers like fillia/fukua and fortune.
All of this could've been in one post

All of this could've been in one post
right sorry, i did it over a few periods of time while experimenting in practice mode.

right sorry, i did it over a few periods of time while experimenting in practice mode.
you can edit your post

this is probably already here somewhere:

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp, M summon,
otg c.hk, H dp,
j.hp, H sekhmet summon(what do I call this?),
j.mp, s.hp, call sekhmet,
c.mk, s.hpx2, L twirl,
s.lpx3, c.mk, s.hpx2, H twirl, super.

8.4k midscreen and uses ~1.2 bars

What are you guys doing off of throws? Ground or air? I can get around 5k off each doing almost the same thing.

What are you guys doing off of throws? Ground or air? I can get around 5k off each doing almost the same thing.
off air you can EASILY get 7k+ w just a tinnnnnnnnnyyyyy bit of meter. like .2

Someone do something with this boat swag :D

@gllt btw, the same combo works, but s.mk doesn't work :P but 7k meter positive end works nice for me for now

Okay, I'm Done playing with Eliza my brain can't think up of any super new shit and everybody else has made the optimal combos. So Fuck It. I'm Sending Filia to the god damned Moon Mother Fuckers.

So I didn't DHC at the Peak of Eliza's Super, wanna know why? Cause If I did do that Filia would pop just over the Sky box. She would only be hit by Squigly's lv 3 three times before she pops out of the combo and falls down. Now funny enough if you still tagg in and your opponent blocks the tag you will still be safe because of Squigly's fireball still having one hit left in it. and this fireball could cross up the opponent. Funky.

Last edited:
It should've been Fukua. Filia did nothing wrong.

well off air and ground throws in the corner you can do about 7k for approximately 1 meter, or waste 4 and bit for about 11k. i just do throw into s.lk > s.mp > s.hk > 623hp > j.hk > j.214mp > s.hp > return to eliza > s.mk (3 hits) > s.hp (3 hits) 236.mk > s.lk > s.mk (3 hits) > s.mk followup > s.hk (2 hits) > 214 lk > s.lp (3 times) > s.mk (3 hits) > s.hk (2 hits) > 214HK > super(s)

214lk instead of 214 hk at the end for parasoul and bella, 623lplplp instead of 623hp near the start for parasoul, and just cry against double, eliza, and big band cause it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
My contribution :

100 Hits Combo
Dmg : 11920

Is chaining L twirl>s.lk annoyingly painful or is it just me? I can't get it down consistently. I end up mashing it sometimes and it still doesn't connect all the time.

Is chaining L twirl>s.lk annoyingly painful or is it just me? I can't get it down consistently. I end up mashing it sometimes and it still doesn't connect all the time.
just hit it right after second to last hit of the twirl goes thru. it should come out if not then don't mash the input will just get lost or some shit.

If you mash it is not going to work often unless you mash super fast, can't remember at the second but I think it is a 4 frame link or so? It is fairly lenient frames wise, if you are really struggling it might be a spacing thing or you might be comboing Bella's Banana Box. BBB is the cause of 95% of combo woes.

I liked the drain pausing slightly on hitstop/recovery.
It only paused on hitstop, and the drain part still does stop. It just costs you a chunk to do moves. The whole point was higher cost for her on multi-move summons. She costs about the same for a single summon->return.

It only paused on hitstop, and the drain part still does stop. It just costs you a chunk to do moves. The whole point was higher cost for her on multi-move summons. She costs about the same for a single summon->return.
see I like this. it's a clear drawback for Eliza that nobody can spam Sehkmet for a long time.

Eliza 9.5k corner combo, you end up with 3/4th of a meter less than you started with.

Thanks @Manukiru for the starter.

If you mash it is not going to work often unless you mash super fast, can't remember at the second but I think it is a 4 frame link or so? It is fairly lenient frames wise, if you are really struggling it might be a spacing thing or you might be comboing Bella's Banana Box. BBB is the cause of 95% of combo woes.

I can do it on anyone, I just have bad timing I guess. I've been getting it a bit more now, but I still can't get it 100% and it bugs me.

Might be worth slowing the game down so you can see what Eliza looks like right as she recovers from the light twirl. The other option (the one I use) is to get used to the rhythm of the link. It doesn't always work online, but it's good for offline play.

holding forward during and after LK twirl makes it easier to me to confirm after

I can do it on anyone, I just have bad timing I guess. I've been getting it a bit more now, but I still can't get it 100% and it bugs me.
Just practice it, if you can do Squigly stancel stuff and Bella run stop stuff, the LK Osiris link is easy, might just be slower than you are used to.

Actually works on Double too with slightly different axe timing. Go for that insane high bounce. It's tight though.

Just add napalm for a fantastic starter. Not sure about water though.

@Woofly Please show me up with more sMPs thank u

Eh?

I like your combos, I was hoping you had one with more sMPs in it.

I like your combos, I was hoping you had one with more sMPs in it.
I don't see how it would be possible to get more st.mp normals out of the system. You get starter, stage 3 tracked and then can only chain 2 normals into it so it caps out at 4. :(

duuuuuuhhhhh sometimes i don't know where to put stuff. Also Eliza's tag in is like the easiest to combo off of. Just do launcher and hard tag into Eliza, BOOM instant hard tag swag combo.

Last edited:
yeah i saw why you changed this on the last update vid so people wouldnt abuse counterhits & such. it's legit. change....humans hate it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.