• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza guide by me. (Not by Sharpie)

LuxadeSwag

play cilia slide sometimes
Reaction score
Steam
Lux
Valentine Filia Double
Eliza guide
What is Eliza: Eliza is generally an Ok speedy character mobility wise but a lot of her moves have a lot of frames like s.HP etc. She's good in generally but not good good.

Good Elizas:
Duckator
guitalex2007
Dawn111
I'm sorry. The only Eliza I've really seen and played is Duckator so suggest good Elizas for the learning/new Elizas.

Pros:
  1. j.MK
  2. Dive of Horus being a special and an overhead meaning she cancel any normal into an overhead.
  3. H Upper Khat can cancel into another special especially Horus.
  4. Crossup Instant air dash j.LK #FiliaButWithj.LK
  5. How large her j.HP is.
  6. Sehkmet can make crossup setups from Eliza
  7. L Osiris Spiral is safe on block
  8. Her oki is great
Cons:
  1. j.HP is hittable with it's large hitbox
  2. Most of her moves have a lot of startup
  3. Sehkmet can be grabbed after j.MP to j.HP
  4. Add how many other cons you want for Eliza.
  5. She has a huge hitbox especially on her moves of course.
Good assists from Eliza:
Butcher's blade
Dive of Horus
H Osiris Spiral
Carpenter's axe.

Normals:

s.LP: It's a quick jab and hits 3 times. It's a tall move meaning it can miss on most crouching characters so yeah, don't use it for your main jab.

s.MP: Man, Who doesn't love this move. It's great for combos, can be used as an anti-air, and is cool. You'll see it most combos by good Eliza players like Duckator.

s.HP: It's very long ranged normal but it takes time to startup. It's good for combing into Horus and Upper Khat, While it's good to combo into H Spiral for a combo ender.

c.LP: It's pretty wide hitbox for a light move, but it's not really. It's good for combos and that's its only use. It doesn't hit low so that's good for non Eliza players.

c.MP: It has decent range and can be good for long ranged confirms because it has good reach and the 1st hit brings the opponent closer plus it hits low.

c.HP: Basically a Painwheel launcher but sort of better.

s.LK: Basic jab. Not much reach. Only for combo extending, y'know, that stuff

s.MK: It's a good pressure move but not like the other ones she has. It's only good for Pressure just because it's a multi-hit. Of course it's good for combos.

s.HK: It's basically a hard knockdown which is great. It gives Eliza the time to get a full taunt which is great and it allows Upper Khat to combo from which is good on lights because if she does all 3 and cancels to j.HK, she can connect with Sehkmet j.MP j.HP.

c.LK: Eliza's best jab because it's quick and it hits low. It also has good range for a light move.

c.MK: c.MK is good alternative for starting up combos due to the fact the 1st hit hits low so yeah.

c.HK: Eliza's sweep is great in Eliza version. One reason being in one of her main BnBs, infinite projectile armor. It's also good for crossunder's which you should probably learn.

Air normals:

j.LP: It's a bad ranged but the crossunders you can make with it and double crossunders.

I'm to lazy to finish this guide right not so bear with me.

Also @Vadsamoht to add it to the guide thing.

Last edited:
Can I make a video ver with tryhard voice acting?

Also, pretty cool guide you got here.

Uh, wow you're missing so much good stuff from this guide like are you going to talk about how amazing eliza's oki is? Like you don't have cr. hk as a pro because that move is amazing can shut down parasoul/peacock and fukua from doing zoning

I added some more and about her s.HK and how c.HK is. And wasnt c.HK nerfed to not have infinite armor in beta?

And wasnt c.HK nerfed to not have infinite armor in beta?

That's the beta and it might not stick, still it's a very good move regardless

I've got a bunch of questions that are varied enough that I don't wanna make my own thread, so I'll revive this and hope someone comes along.

What are some good uses for Sekhmet? I watched an old tournament where all the entrants were forced to pick Eliza on point before she was a finished character, and they'd all just call back Sekhmet when she came out. Mike Z kept hoping they'd use Sekhmet, but I don't remember seeing her much.

Fenster brought up j.MK xx LP air Sekhmet, MP air Sekhmet (axe) for neutral confirms, which I like a lot. On hit, if you're close enough you can OTG with cr.HK xx MP Upper Khat, HP Upper Khat -> bnb. But I'd like to know if there are any cool mixups when you have Sekhmet out after ending a combo with Lady of Slaughter. I guess after a corner Lady of Slaughter you can use Sekhmet's overhead axe -> return Sekhmet -> cr.HK OTG into a combo, but would they ever block low in that situation?

I've read that Eliza has great midscreen damage. What makes her midscreen damage noteworthy? Her cheapo IAD [crossup/non crossup] j.LK, j.HP -> combo?

People say Eliza has ridiculous mixups, pressure, and oki. Can someone list what tools she has for those that are so good? Her j.LK instant overhead/crossup seems obscene enough to me, but is there more?

What's one really good reset Eliza can do from the following combo?

(copy/pasted from alexpi)

c.lk, c.mp, c.hp xx dive
dash forward, c.hk xx mp upper khat, hp upper khat
j.mp, air dash cancel
j.lk, j.mp, j.hp (restands)
s.lp x3, c.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx lk spiral
s.lk, c.mk x2, s.hp x2 xx hk spiral

I'm new to Marvel-style games and I don't focus much on resets, but Skullgirls does. So for now I'm only looking to practice one reset that leads to a strong 50/50 (or better) mixup. I know it's important to have several, but I'm sure successive ones will come to me more quickly after I'm comfortable with one.

I've seen one reset from that combo: after the first line (so, after the dive), instead of doing "dash forward, c.HK", you do "dash forward, s.LP" to restand them, then IAD j.LK or throw or c.LK. Problem with that is that you only get ~2.3k damage before the reset, which doesn't seem good.

Speaking of throwing from a reset, can Eliza do anything cool from a midscreen throw? Seems like the only thing you can follow it up with is Lady of Slaughter.

74d28991dc.png

WOW. RUDE.

SonicFox has the best US Eliza for the record.

I thought Eliza was like Doom: assist character only? I mean, she's got rocks, goku, butcher's blade...

SO wait can Sekhmet actually be grabbed because I've never had anyone grab or even really hurt her that I've noticed.

Afk.

Now can someone with time actually make a fucking guide?

who legitimately mains eliza?
luxade's not qualified, tbh.

I'm a good Eliza.
I promise.

okay someone other than lux and sharpie
doesn't sonicfox or woofly have one? ;-;

milk no

Lucky US

My entire friendlist is filled with the fuckin bitch

You should like, upload some vids mang especially some non woofly vids just to see other peoples takes on the character.

Yo I can play eliza good. I always win when I play as her

After all, loss for Eliza is a win for me.

I should write the guide >:3

None of the good players want to write a guide right now because shit keeps changing and nobody feels like putting up with that.

I made a semi-somewhat-nottoomuchbutstillkinda extensive SDE Parasoul guide, none of which matters anymore.

Just give it time, once the game is finito more content from strong players will be brought out.

yo pls.

you making an eliza guide is like me making a bella guide
i main her and i'm adequate at best, but that does not mean i am qualified for said job.
:^)

If sharpie makes an eliza guide I should make a Cerebella guide

Step. 1 Diamond drop Everything! If that doesn't work consult step 2
Step. 2 Merry-go-rilla Everything!

Step 1: Push buttons
Step 2: whiff Nekhbet Breaker

Reactions: Magma442