• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Contest Eliza Winpose Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, guess my design's surprise was spoiled 20mins before finishing, hahaha. Oops.

fayeyyeyeye.jpg

Not only was her palette perfect for a super accurate outfit, but it's also a little nod towards Wendee Lee.
Posting a stylized version soon!

OMG I FREAKIN LOVE YOU.

I honestly didn't expect my demand to be met that quickly, so color me surprised.

My only comment is - using copyrighted things in a non-parody manner is not a good idea. That's not even a grey area.
I'm sure my poor art distorted any copyrighted material enough that it isn't technically even the same anymore.

Serious note: Isn't fanart in and of itself against the rules? Allowing anyone to use your material in any manner not authorized by you (outside of Parody and Fair Use) is against the rules, I think. Like how creators are totally in their right to disallow the creation of even fan fiction of their stuff.

Sides, I'm not worried about anyone knocking on my door for making a non-profit make belief outfit for a not-my character that won't end up in the actual game either way. Although maybe that changes if I get a prize out the contest.

Last edited:
I'm sure my poor art distorted any copyrighted material enough that it isn't technically even the same anymore.

Serious note: Isn't fanart in and of itself against the rules? Allowing anyone to use your material in any manner not authorized by you (outside of Parody and Fair Use) is against the rules, I think. Like how creators are totally in their right to disallow the creation of even fan fiction of their stuff.

Sides, I'm not worried about Disney/whoever-probably-owns-the-peace-sign-too knocking on my door for making a non-profit make belief outfit for a not-my character that won't end up in the actual game either way. Although maybe that changes if I get a prize out the contest.
It's an extremely vague matter...

OMG I FREAKIN LOVE YOU.

I honestly didn't expect my demand to be met that quickly, so color me surprised.
Haha no no, I actually was working on it for the last couple days! You just had really good timing with that comment there, but I hope everyone likes it!

Anyway, here's the stylized version so it looks more Egyptian-y.

faye4.jpg

Faye-Eliza is something that needs to happen!! this is super fun *___*

Not really Egyptian-y but looks nice i guess.

Steampunk Eliza

steampunk_eliza_1_by_drsusredfish-d7v8kzp.png

Made 2 versions in case you need more milk in your diet.

Attachments

• Steampunk Eliza 1.png
    Steampunk Eliza 1.png
    595.7 KB · Views: 4,249
  • Steampunk Eliza 2.png
    Steampunk Eliza 2.png
    590 KB · Views: 4,246
That's what I meant.
Not that I think I am winning even third place with so many other amazing and well drawn entries, but I can alter my entry to parody said copyrights instead.

Last edited:
Hijab fashion!
But Oujo-sama is already hijab. She dresses so modestly. :3
Also, cue the Tumblr collective whine: "That's colturel aprouprieishuun! That's problematic!"

Silliness aside, it's certainly my favorite of your submissions and one of my favorites overall (which is really saying something as far as my overly-indulged eyes are concerned). The amount of detail put into the make-up and henna is quite remarkable.

Anywho, on a completely opposite direction of quality and craftsmanship, here's a very simple one from yours truly. The others were for fun but this was definitely more "for fun" and mainly done to practice consistency. And forgive the horribly drawn staff. -_-"
Costume is hardly clever or well done, so I call this one Pandering. :3
0.JPG
Color notes:
Pompon's and strips in clothing/socks - red
Shoes - purple

Welp, guess my design's surprise was spoiled 20mins before finishing, hahaha. Oops.

View attachment 5140

Not only was her palette perfect for a super accurate outfit, but it's also a little nod towards Wendee Lee.
Posting a stylized version soon!

Damn dude! I had de same idea, but was too slow :(
Anyway, Great job, I really like it!

Beliza.png

Well, i'll just leave my unfinished version here with a resign letter

Reactions: Kongk4 and Rakurin
My only comment is - using copyrighted things in a non-parody manner is not a good idea. That's not even a grey area.
Fan art is fan art, not like any of these are going into the game.

Gotta say these are all awesome. They differ from the designs that made into the game because they're a lot more elaborate. The 6 that are in the game are like 6 outfits you'd find in Eliza's wardrobe. I mean Eliza looks freaking hot in a Chinese dress, but that doesn't work with her Egyptian theme, yet doesn't mean it can't win this contest.

Everyone's done really great here! The over the top Egyptian stuff, the cosplay, the casual wear, the high fashion and all the other stuff all looks great! This has been a really fun community event.

Fan art is fan art, not like any of these are going into the game.
Despite that, Mike is right, I do stand to profit from such a copyrighted outfit. That's why I've sent Eliza to Bisney Land instead! Home of Malt Bisney's most famous attractions, and home of their cuddly mascot, Wickey Wombat. Most certainly not any other small mammal or anything.
QlHyGCq.png

Last edited:
Finally back from vacation so I can put some time into this thread again!
First up, all of Eliza's winposes have been colored so the op has been updated:

index.php

See why I wanted all the competition entries to work with her default palette?

I'll see about compiling all the current entries into a Google Doc later today.

I was so expecting the MK outfit to have massive under boob.

7BjNwFB.png

Eliza finishing up her bloodbath er- mud bath. Second entry go! This one was super fun to make despite me not understanding how those towel wraps work. Well anyways heres Spa Eliza.

Bonus:
zXB065H.png

Turns out cucumbers don't really work well in red.

4th Entry: As you can see I dressed up Eliza as another we'll know vampiric bloodsucker know as Alucard from the show Hellsing. I got the idea from watching the Hellsing Parody on YouTube if you haven't watched it I recommend it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 662
sketch1408217735119.png
Oh God really big image that's what I get for working on my mobile and not being able to resize but nooooooo I thought I would be the first to do an Alucard outfit. Oh well. I guess I lost out on creativity.
(And yeah I'm adding her staff in so it's tbe. Excuse my random red streak. -w-"")

May can I ask why does the thread look like blocked to me? Like there are no more replies(that N/A thing outside)

May can I ask why does the thread look like blocked to me? Like there are no more replies(that N/A thing outside)

The thread looks fine to me.

View attachment 5197Oh God really big image that's what I get for working on my mobile and not being able to resize but nooooooo I thought I would be the first to do an Alucard outfit. Oh well. I guess I lost out on creativity.
(And yeah I'm adding her staff in so it's tbe. Excuse my random red streak. -w-"")

Well both Alucard designs were unique. One went for accuracy, hair, gun and all and the other was more of an outfit influenced by Alucard with some added twists.
Plus one was based off his wild glassesless look and the other was based after his standard outfit.

Reactions: DeathStroke45
now that's steampunk. cool.

Oh god. There's over 100 entries for this already. ;_;

mfw Beowulf is getting delayed by 2 months cus L0 staff is busy checking Liza winpose entries

Also, remember that you have only one week left to enter this contest.

Stonechime raised the ante to ten.

I want to enter again. But I can't think of anything else that isn't stupid, cliche, a reference, or way out of my skill range to make.

I don't expect to win anything, but I thought it'd be fun to do a design resembling classic Scorpion from the MK series using the hair as a the pull off mask with the skull underneath

Attachments

• eliza design.jpg
    eliza design.jpg
    611.8 KB · Views: 4,380
Oh God really big image that's what I get for working on my mobile and not being able to resize but nooooooo I thought I would be the first to do an Alucard outfit. Oh well. I guess I lost out on creativity.

I kinda like this outfit but she's kind of failing at pants. Still nice, though.

Man, failing at pants. I never expected to see remnants of the old Legend of the Five Rings mailing list coming back.

Down with pants!

Reactions: @J-Boogie
Status
Not open for further replies.