• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Contest Eliza Winpose Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's canonically made from the hair that Samson periodically sheds.

YES THEY CHANGED THE FUR COAT!!!!! I've been waiting for that since they colored it in!!!!
Lab Zero just know how to make this game get better and better, through added features, patches and downloadable content. They are real perfectionists, in a good way. They take real pride and joy in their work...
Sorry I'm getting a little choked up about the fur coat...

Given how this thingy by emlan was the first drawing of the fur coat, I guess we all expected the in-game version to be a light colour in her default palette as well.

Reactions: Balder
Lab Zero just know how to make this game get better and better, through added features, patches and downloadable content. They are real perfectionists, in a good way. They take real pride and joy in their work...
Or: They eventually fix the things they messed up on, once the rest of the clean art is in. :^)

Or: They eventually fix the things they messed up on, once the rest of the clean art is in. :^)
The glass is not half full, the glass had dirty water in it so they have to keep tossing out the old water and putting cleaner water in.

Reactions: drewski
White fur looks awesome, though she must spend a fortune in laundry bills.

is the winner going be annouced in this topic or a new topic?

I imagine it will be a separate news article, but if you're following this thread one of us will post a link to it here so you don't miss it.

Reactions: GeneralDrowned
A lot of great entries to choose from. I was curious & checked out all of them. Favs were the steampunk one, eye & mummy-wrappings, and a number of others.

I would say my favorite, but I liked them all.

Did I mention that Cellsai is a super cool guy for organizing this, and is also a super cool guy in general?

I agree he's. A cool for making the time to set this up

cool can't wait to see who wins. if we ever get a skull girls 2 maybe these designs will be in em?

Did I mention that Cellsai is a super cool guy for organizing this, and is also a super cool guy in general?
I agree he's. A cool for making the time to set this up
I aint judging this, so your buttering me up won't help your chances to win any.
But by all means continue.

cool can't wait to see who wins. if we ever get a skull girls 2 maybe these designs will be in em?
Generally never hope/assume any fan created content will ever appear in SG. Enjoy contests and art like this for what they are!

Total number of entries: 166 give or take a few alternate versions of the same costume. Thanks a bunch dudes! I was seriously expecting only a handful of entries and you blew it out of the water! I'll try and organize some more stuff like this in the future~

Also, you guys that submitted 5 of 6 versions of the same costume: I hate you.

Last edited:

lol sorry about the multiple variations. My variations are for people who want to download them for their own personal use. :PUN:.

lol sorry about the multiple variations. My variations are for people who want to download them for their own personal use. :PUN:.

Excuse me, sorry to bother you but how do you get that little Ms.Fortune head

Banner kinda makes it seem like the tournament is ongoing.

when you are making a comment there is a tool bar above your typing area. there is a smiley face button on that tool bar. click it and it opens a bunch of little images you can add to your comments. or you could type out the text code for the image
:PUN:= : PUN : without the spaces.

Reactions: DeathStroke45
When you make a reply there's a bunch of buttons above the text box. Click the smiley face and it'll bring up a set of stickers you can attach.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Banner kinda makes it seem like the tournament is ongoing.
There was already a message in the opening post saying it was closed, but now it's big and orange.

When Will the winners Be announced?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409035423.453830.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to withhold my own personal observations from the contest until it was done, but it's open season now! (Please remember I'm not judging this, so my opinions don't have any impact on Lab Zero's final choices)

Symmetrical designs: Remember that this contest was to imagine your outfit appearing in the game, which would mean that the outfit could be displayed facing right or left. Any symbols or text would appear reversed when your outfit was flipped. Ever wonder why DeeJay has MAXIMUM vertically on his pants? It looks the same even when it's flipped!

Over-detailing: This is something that bugged me about a lot of the designs, particularly later ones - they're waaaay cluttered. Eliza's in game outfits are a masterclass in elegant, simple designs:
index.php
More does not always mean better, and I feel a lot of the busier designs submitted would look much better with their extra detailing trimmed off. I even felt the Nefertina costume I used in the example had too much stuff on it!

I think I had a bunch of other observations but cannot remember them right now.
Oh well.
When Will the winners Be announced?

There is no set date on announcing the winners. I have all the entrants zipped up now, so whenever they reach LZ and they have time to check over the entries is when the winner will be announced.

Last edited:
Over-detailing: This is something that bugged me about a lot of the designs, particularly later ones - they're waaaay cluttered. Eliza's in game outfits are a masterclass in elegant, simple designs:

*reads comment proceeds to panic room* T_T

Over-detailing: This is something that bugged me about a lot of the designs, particularly later ones - they're waaaay cluttered. Eliza's in game outfits are a masterclass in elegant, simple designs

More does not always mean better, and I feel a lot of the busier designs submitted would look much better with their extra detailing trimmed off. I even felt the Nefertina costume I used in the example had too much stuff on it!

So like a simple summer Kimono would be good for her, aye?

So like a simple summer Kimono would be good for her, aye?
Mmmm kimono sounds nice on her :3

I don't know how they're gonna pick just a few. All of the entries look amazing. Even if you excluded the busier ones, it's hard to pick the rest of them.

I aint judging this, so your buttering me up won't help your chances to win any.
But by all means continue.
Oh damn, don't interpret it that way :(

Reactions: Cellsai
Also, I forgot to remind everyone that I'm not judging these so my opinions have no affect on the outcome!

i'm shocked i thought you be one of then judges since your the art mod.

I agree that simple is much better(I really can't stand overdetailed 3d games or movies, they look so pretentious) but challenging yourself in something overdetailed can be a lot of fun.
I also love to analyze other people's detailed artwork. Be it Michelangelo or a Skullfan in the internet,
the work and patience put in some entries is admirable. I really love the Napoleon Emperor Eliza, it's my fav one. I swear me being a Napoleonfag has nothing to do with it. Really.

Reactions: Denizen
As far as judging goes, I think they'll only be concerned with the amount of detail in the designs towards the end. I imagine on their first passes through the entries, they'll just select anything that's striking to them. Getting out of that pile of 166 is the biggest hurdle, so if your design gives a very strong first impression, that'll count for a lot.

Anyway, I think you all did wonderful work, so good luck! It's almost too bad the grand prize is a Valentine figure and not an Eliza dress-up doll.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss

Personally, I blame my indecisive nature. Oops.

Over-detailing: This is something that bugged me about a lot of the designs, particularly later ones - they're waaaay cluttered. Eliza's in game outfits are a masterclass in elegant, simple designs...More does not always mean better, and I feel a lot of the busier designs submitted would look much better with their extra detailing trimmed off. I even felt the Nefertina costume I used in the example had too much stuff on it!

The primary idea I had when designing was that Eliza's wardrobe would have a lot of minor accentuators (e.g. necklaces, frills, gold trim, etc.) that are detailed and the rest of the outfit is simple-ish.

Not attacking you or your opinions, Cellsai. I just wanted to explain my personal entries.

Almost like Barbie, but more scandalous. The Things people would make her wear... Barbie would be jelly of all those dresses.

Speaking of jelly, it'd be even cooler if the Eliza doll was like one of those old Terminator Bio-Flesh figures where you could tear off the skin! You could dress her up for a night on the town, or bring out Sekhmet for a night of mayhem.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the commercials for these Skullgirls figures would be the best things ever. Malibu Bio-Flesh Eliza and Sparkling Mecha Painwheel would totally kick Barbie off the shelves.

Reactions: Jimbob
Speaking of jelly, it'd be even cooler if the Eliza doll was like one of those old Terminator Bio-Flesh figures where you could tear off the skin! You could dress her up for a night on the town, or bring out Sekhmet for a night of mayhem.

I mentioned this in another thread, but the commercials for these Skullgirls figures would be the best things ever. Malibu Bio-Flesh Eliza and Sparkling Mecha Painwheel would totally kick Barbie off the shelves.
YOU HEARD 'M FOLKS THIS KINDA NOW NEEDS TO HAPPEN. who makes the figurines for the girls? would it even be possible to make a kick ass doll that wouldn't break the bank by making it? i need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.