• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project [Fan Made] Custom Palettes : (Requests Open)

HNNNNGH! GUYS! I AM ON A COLOR MAP PHASE! SO PREPARE URANUS!:PUN: (Soul Calibur 4: Ivy)
10473194_259212307605684_2880161571338580221_n.jpg

can someone do parasol kirby for parasoul plaese

3497-70275756f22ff159bbe12bbd3d7b6666.jpg

Attachments

• KRTDL_Parasol.png
    KRTDL_Parasol.png
    963.7 KB · Views: 796
Beowulf: Leduc and Adam pallete

v7OXH5d.png

Pucca Filia

huHoWbb.png

Ring Ring Fukua since according to the Pucca wiki, she is often portrayed as Pucca's dark counterpart.

TofGGxH.png

Ching Squigly

Jh9GCcL.png

Tobe Valentine

While we're still vaguely on this topic...this was hilariously easy, all you really have to do is take Magic Wand to it in Paint.NET, but I figured I'd go ahead and do it while I was here.
Click here if you'd rather view the image by itself

Mafia (Black Dahlia, Ottomo)
Lab (Stanley, Hive, Leduc, Ileum, Brain Drain)
Circus (Feng, Hubrecht, Beatrix)
Egrets (Roxie, Panzerfaust, Adam, Molly, Graham-o-Tron)
Dagonians (Yu-Wan, Minette)
Slayers (Or Team Star-Wulf, depending on who you ask...) (Beowulf, Annie)
Partners in Time (Scythana, Isaac)
Where the Hell do I even Class this Guy (Samson)
The Divine (Aeon, Venus)
The characters already placed above (Victoria, Andy, etc.) are absent, and those already with color maps (Deep Violet) doubly so. Note that some of the characters have smoother outlines than others, meaning, of course, that getting a color map of them will probably be easier.

Also no Robo-Fortune. Sorry.

While you got it done... it's not really that good. The point of the ones I made was that all that random grey isn't there. :x

Oh. Well.
I assumed that because you mentioned they would have to be redrawn, little details like that wouldn't particularly matter; only the shapes really mattered.
Oops. Mistake on my part.

Annie color map
I would love to have used this color map ('Tisn't shaded, but it will do) and scurried away to make Annie as Star-Man. Starmannie? Annie, Girl of the Star-Men? I dunno.

But then I realized you saved it as a .jpg file.

Why did you do that? Is this some kind of cruel joke?

Wh
I would love to have used this color map ('Tisn't shaded, but it will do) and scurried away to make Annie as Star-Man. Starmannie? Annie, Girl of the Star-Men? I dunno.

But then I realized you saved it as a .jpg file.

Why did you do that? Is this some kind of cruel joke?
at do you mean

Annie as El Chapulin Colorado from the homonymous series
Oh, y ahora ¿quién podrá defenderTE?

columna_mabel_chapulin-colorado_010613.jpg

And an Eliza based in the artwork cover of Iron Maiden's Powerslave

cover_84271342009.jpg

Last edited:
I-I think he wants png... D: (Just a guess)
I don't know what that is

I don't know what that is
Alright, I'll make this as comprehensive as I can.

Whenever you save a picture (Or anything, for that matter, but for today's purposes we're talking about pictures) on your computer, there are multiple formats in which you can save it. The type in which it shall save is denoted by the "Save as type:" line, underneath the "File name:" line. on my build. By clicking on your currently selected format, a dropdown list will appear in which you can see all the available formats.

The format you chose, either inadvertently or intentionally, for your Annie colormap was a J-peg image (Also known as .jpg, which, as you'll notice, is at the end of the name of the picture and at the end of the URL where you uploaded it). .jpg images were created with the intention of being the choice format for photographs taken by a digital camera; it blurs colors together and gives them a smooth finish. When applied to any digital picture, however, it blurs and distorts what were originally intended to be pure colors. If you open your Annie colormap in MS Paint and take a paint bucket to it, you'll notice that an area that was previously nothing but one solid color has been broken up into tiny little areas, each with slight variations on what is basically the same color. It makes doing a quick, clean palette swap nigh-impossible, which defeats the purpose of making the colormap in the first place.

In order to avoid this in the future, you should refrain from saving your digital images in the .jpg format. A bitmap image (.bmp) will remove that, but a PNG image (.PNG) will accomplish the same thing while taking up less memory space, making it the ideal choice for digital images.

Reactions: Rynozilla

Whenever you save a picture (Or anything, for that matter, but for today's purposes we're talking about pictures) on your computer, there are multiple formats in which you can save it. The type in which it shall save is denoted by the "Save as type:" line, underneath the "File name:" line. on my build. By clicking on your currently selected format, a dropdown list will appear in which you can see all the available formats.

The format you chose, either inadvertently or intentionally, for your Annie colormap was a J-peg image (Also known as .jpg, which, as you'll notice, is at the end of the name of the picture and at the end of the URL where you uploaded it). .jpg images were created with the intention of being the choice format for photographs taken by a digital camera; it blurs colors together and gives them a smooth finish. When applied to any digital picture, however, it blurs and distorts what were originally intended to be pure colors. If you open your Annie colormap in MS Paint and take a paint bucket to it, you'll notice that an area that was previously nothing but one solid color has been broken up into tiny little areas, each with slight variations on what is basically the same color. It makes doing a quick, clean palette swap nigh-impossible, which defeats the purpose of making the colormap in the first place.

In order to avoid this in the future, you should refrain from saving your digital images in the .jpg format. A bitmap image (.bmp) will remove that, but a PNG image (.PNG) will accomplish the same thing while taking up less memory space, making it the ideal choice for digital images.
^This. This one thousand times over.

I don't have a computer.

What program do you use? Well, on your phone.
I use an iPad. And procreate.

Beowulf time! I've had these two ideas for a WHILE
Beowulf6.png
Beowulf7.png

Alex from Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, and Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4.
I guess you can KIND OF call Kanji's chair a reference...? It references his chair in Arena...
Also, ignore that Beowulf has invisible socks...

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
Wow, I make a mistake and people get all negative. Never change, internet.

SG Darwin.png
Darwin (The Amazing World of Gumball) (sorry the palette is so bad)
SG LR.png
Lady Rainicorn (Adventure time)
SG Flaky.png
Flaky (Happy Tree Friends)
SG gumball.png
Gumball (Amazing World of Gumball)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
This thread has taken off with everyone providing wonderful palettes! Originally this was just a thread for me to take requests and make palettes for you, but that's selfish, and a lot of people on here are really talented. But I also realize that it is very hard for newer artists to get started. So I'm updating this post with all of the color maps we have so far.

CREDITS TO ZIDIANE FOR FUKUA AND FILIA BASES.

Filia:
LIDGXiB.png

tumblr_n7nf85KovP1rlxmdbo1_1280.png

UPDATED BY CHERRYGAL13

Fukua:
g6i1eGf.png

tumblr_n7nf85KovP1rlxmdbo2_1280.png

UPDATED BY CHERRYGAL13

CREDIT TO ZAZZ FOR ALL OF THESE.

Big Band:
tumblr_n7nf85KovP1rlxmdbo3_r1_1280.png

UPDATED BY CHERRYGAL13

Cerabella:
fnflDHC.png

Double:
3EKE3KA.png

Eliza:
HNyf9hS.png

Ms. Fortune:
8AoEvwe.png

(Credits RadonWalnut for Fortune color clean-up)

Painwheel:
o3t23hn.png

Parasoul:
tumblr_n7n6c6qiBf1rlxmdbo1_r3_1280.png

UPDATED BY CHERRYGAL13

Peacock:
OmQT6yK.png

Squigly:
tumblr_n7n85jmJju1rlxmdbo1_r1_500.png

UPDATED BY CHERRYGAL13

Valentine:
6B3tERO.png

CHARACTERS NOT IN-GAME
CREDITS CHICKENWITHTIE
index.php

CHARACTERS THAT WILL NEVER BE IN THE GAME.
index.php
Dbb will not be pleased.

Reactions: Boomazoled
Soul Calibur Palettes!!!!!!
tira_cerebella_by_sonicsshadowissilver-d7oadpz.png

C%C3%B3pia_de_Tira_SCBD_branca.jpg

Yes, I know Ms. Fortune was supposed to have a Tira palette, but I think it fits more on Cerebella.
Reasons:
1. Both underlings of an evil cause
2. Misguided
3. Clown-ish
4. Acrobatic
(BTW Vice-Versa references Tira's weapon)
angol_fear_eliza_by_sonicsshadowissilver-d7oadpc.png
250px-Sc4-angol-fear.jpg

This one came out so much better than I expected...

Umbrella color map. PNG THIS TIME
image.jpg

Annie color map. PNG NYAO.
image.jpg

Wow, I make a mistake and people get all negative. Never change, internet.
To be fair, saving an image as a JPG is like "rookie mistake" level image editing, and is a completely valid thing to get mad about.
Providing an image as a JPG is basically a giant middle finger to anyone intending to edit it.
JPGs are lossy, you cannot have a lossless JPG. When working with digital images where the point is to preserve the image exactly, it is one of the worst formats to use.
Open a JPG -> save (as JPG again) -> open -> save -> open -> save etc will noticeably degrade the image even though no editing was performed, regardless of quality settings.
PNGs are lossless, so this is not a problem there.

@Rachel Phoenix
I really like Sindel and Shang Tsung and Ching, they're good color combos!

Alright, guys. I'm getting ready to make Noob Color Maps for every character that has a Color Map posted on this thread. But this will take quit a bit since I have to color almost a pixel at a time a lot of the time. And the fact I clean up the map too. So get ready for that hopefully soon.

I can do the same in a bunch of minutes <:T it's just about taking off the shadows

I FINALLY finished the Ms. Fortune Noob Color Map... It took FOREVER, because of those damned stitches being black and the blood being 500000 different shades.
Ms.+Fortune+Noob+Palette+Template.png

I REALLY hope you guys appreciate these... I put so much time and effort into them...
For credit on this Map, and others, see http://tinyurl.com/nemty9g

Last edited:
Reactions: IsaVulpes