• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project [Fan Made] Custom Palettes : (Requests Open)

Made a simple Beowulf colour map
luc2.png

His official colours
lucas.png

I made references to a certain thing but they're kind of terrible.
Also if you get the references you're sort of homo but that's not my place to judge because I made them in the first place.
Also I didn't do all of them because I'm lazy.
FiliAoba_zpsed264fbe.png

ShirobaFukua_zps70a3b281.png

Koujatine_zps862d984e.png

MinkaSoul_zps1b531b28.png

My first Beowulf palette!:PUN:Please enjoy!
Wild Were Whirl.png
It's Sonic the Werehog.I had this palette in mind for quite a while,I just had no clue how to do it.So here you go!As for The Hurting,it references Chip A.K.A Light Gaia.This was a rather fun palette to make,and I give thanks to chickenwithatie for the Beowulf color map.

I guess I'm not making color maps anymore. I'll delete them later. (._.)
According to the Procreate user's guide, there's a giant option for PNG any time you export.
Try Share->Email->PNG and email it to yourself, see what it shows up as.
I don't have an iAnything but the fact that it gives you the choice as giant buttons every time seems nice.

According to the Procreate user's guide, there's a giant option for PNG any time you export.
Try Share->Email->PNG and email it to yourself, see what it shows up as.
I don't have an iAnything but the fact that it gives you the choice as giant buttons every time seems nice.
That's what I did.

Exactly what I did
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Of course I pressed png.

This one was a PAIN
I was coloring the original Color Map, but I got to her shoes and I couldn't color them because the outline was not Black, but a really dark shade of Purple. So, when I colored the Purple shoes, it colored the outline. SO I LITERALLY had to color one of my palettes exactly the same as the Color Map...
Cerebella+Noob+Palette+Template.png

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
To be fair, saving an image as a JPG is like "rookie mistake" level image editing, and is a completely valid thing to get mad about.
Providing an image as a JPG is basically a giant middle finger to anyone intending to edit it.

Yeah! Get thug on um! Real players! All day! One Reset! Two Fighters! Six Characters! YOU WANNA SAVE JPGS NINJA? NOBODY SAVES JPGS NINJA!
KEVIN+HART+LET+ME+EXPLAIN+1.jpg

Also, gib me job plz. I wurk guud 4 free. <3

Here is my first attempt with making a palette.
Roxie Filia.png
The palette is a reference to Roxy/Hasebe from Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari
rcrexart001.jpg

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
I’ve been thinking of creating easy to edit color maps in .PSD/.XCF since about a week back when they were harder to find. However, flat .PNG files still seem like a pain in the ass to deal with for me, so I went ahead and made one.

There are some issues that I’m not too concerned about since the main point was to have a fairly accurate color map that had all the colors separated into their own appropriately named layers.
2ziogeh.png

28ipxr6.png
It’s mostly ready, but I wasn’t sure how the whole idea would be received or what the “proper” way to go about making the files available was.

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking of creating easy to edit color maps in .PSD/.XCF since about a week back when they were harder to find. However, flat .PNG files still seem like a pain in the ass to deal with for me, so I went ahead and made one.

There are some issues that I’m not too concerned about since the main point was to have a fairly accurate color map that had all the colors separated into their own appropriately named layers.
2ziogeh.png

28ipxr6.png
It’s mostly ready, but I wasn’t sure how the whole idea would be received or what the “proper” way to go about making the files available was.
Well.... There goes the point of my map VnV Yours is super nice :0

Alright, here we go. This is a basic tutorial for making your own palettes. It's extremely simple, but the tools you need are super expensive.

What you need:
  • Character's color map from the OP that you want to make a palette for,
  • A reference picture to base the palette on,
  • The most expensive art program on the market, Microsoft Paint,
  • Time
  • Patience
  • Practice
Got all that? No? TOO BAD, HERE WE GO!
Tcgr6wn.png
KKyGsBa.png
HgZdrDj.png
F2YX2oh.png
WnvdVow.png
I9IgUIo.png
9fY1DXc.png
417UCZ8.png
DO THIS SHIZ FOR THE WHOLE PALETTE AND YOU GOT A PALETTE YO!

THERE! Now everyone can make palettes for the high high price of 12 easy payments of $42.99 plus tax, direct to my pay pal. Payments must be made daily, at least two payments a day.

I've been seeing you struggling with this stuff. Mind if I help a little? I've downloaded your palettes and I can make them editable. I really like them and it's a shame if they go unused.
How?

@Rakurin OMG thank you I have been trying figuring how use color map I do know about using art softwares but have no idea how to color them with color maps. Any these tools work in any other art program if not its fine I will use paint. Your tutorial looks simple enough to do so.

Thanks for the color maps, guys! Yesterday was my first time doing a palette on Gimp and it was time-draining, but fun!

Alright, here we go...

It figures that color exchange would be less cumbersome even in MS Paint than it is in GIMP. The more I use this thing, the more I hate it.

Kyoko Fukua.png Misako Filia.png
1st (Fukua): Kyoko
2nd (Filia): Misako
Both of them are from a game called Kunio Tachi No Banka

*Edit: This is my first attempt at making stripes/lines on the skirts.
Here are two pictures for references.
Shin_Nekketsu_K%C5%8Dha_Kunio-tachi_no_Banka_03.jpg

Shin_Nekketsu_K%C5%8Dha_Kunio-tachi_no_Banka.jpg

Last edited:
I HAVE DONE IT! I HAVE MADE NOOB COLOR MAPS FOR ALL THE CHARACTERS I CAN FIND A BASE FOR!
Filia+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Fukua+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Big+Band+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Cerebella+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Double+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Eliza+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Sekhmet+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Ms.+Fortune+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Painwheel+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Parasoul%2BNoob%2BPalette%2BTemplate.png
Peacock+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Squigly%2BNoob%2BPalette%2BTemplate.png
Valentine+Noob+Palette+Template.png
D.+Violet+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Beowulf%2BNoob%2BPalette%2BTemplate.png

I have not checked this one yet. So if there are any things that need to be fixed, I'll update it here!
Annie+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Umbrella+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Robo-Fortune+Noob+Palette+Template.png
Black+Dahlia+Noob+Palette+Template.png

Venus+Noob+Palette+Template.png
CREDIT FOR ALL THIS CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://tinyurl.com/nemty9g. All I did was color them, and clean them up.
Ottomo%2BNoob%2BPalette%2BTemplate.png
Brain%2BDrain%2BNoob%2BPalette%2BTemplate.png

Scythana, thanks, Zidiane!][/SIZE]
Scythana%2BNoob%2BPalette%2BTemplate.png

Last edited:
Sorry for posting a post below my previous one but...
ARK.png
This is the ultimate!
Yep.Another Annie palette!It's Shadow the Hedgehog.Kinda makes sense though.Both have sort of similar personalities,and both are immortal.The only difference is that Shadow cusses,Annie can't.Now,onto the references!Sagan basically references E-123 Omega,while Annie's sword references Rouge,so that's Team Dark in one palette.Enjoy.

Here are a couple more!

Lady Mamiya Double.png
upload_2014-6-29_14-13-52.png
upload_2014-6-29_14-12-16.png

Lady Mamiya from the game/movie Sweet Home.

Envy Adams Eliza.png
upload_2014-6-29_14-10-16.png
Envy Adams from Scott Pilgrim.

Purple Puma Beowulf.png
upload_2014-6-29_14-8-46.png

Amethyst/Purple Puma from Steven Universe.

Attachments

• upload_2014-6-29_14-9-53.png
    upload_2014-6-29_14-9-53.png
    75 KB · Views: 406
  • upload_2014-6-29_14-11-48.png
    upload_2014-6-29_14-11-48.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: SkullMan
Purple Puma... For making this palette, I also now love you
Thanks, man. I appreciate that you love it! ^_^