• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Feature Suggestion's

Any hits that occur after a timeout shouldn't be displayed on the health bar. There was a nailbiter round at Evo where it looked like a player took the life lead at the last second, but it was actually right after time so it didn't count. Even the person putting in scores onstream got confused by it. This would make it a lot clearer.

It would be cool if we were able to lab different pushblock timings by frames similar to how the current training mode handles bursts. Or a like a early/halfway/late timings would be a massive improvement to what we currently have.

From what I can tell the current training mode "reaction shot" setting pushblocks around the time hitstop ends and blockstun starts? Idk exactly how it works either way its kind of an awkward time which can lead ppl to are labbing pushblock counterplay to draw incorrect conclusions.

Reactions: Hyggend
*option* to have taskbar icon flashing (windows) & bouncing icon (mac) would be great on successful match along with bring window to front on match. thought it had the function a while back but maybe im imagining things. as well as option for controller to rumble & perhaps auto-ok option like ability to set ping preference & it just automatically accepts if so & alerts in a manner like above when it's ok'd until there's the ability to training room matchmake, if it happens. Lastly, might sound weird but a 'brb!' or 'bathroom' button? inopportune things pop up more frequently than people think and more times than not the other side wont think so. would be nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hyggend
If we were to ever get alt voice packs for the rest of the cast, I think a cool idea for Beowulf's would be "Dazed Beowulf", where his announcer (the guy yelling all those hype things while he has 3 hype during his supers) talks like he does for the game's "Dazed Announcer" option. I think the self-reference and expansion of one of the funnier features in the game (as well as the thought of Beowulf saying something like "wwwwwhere do you think you're goin?" while he's doing his airwulf super and other funny dazed voice stuff) would be a lovely addition to the game.

Reactions: Yatoto
Crossplay in two phases below (rewritten)

Phase 1: Crossplay between console versions

Phase 2: Full crossplay between PC and console

Since Xbox and Switch players are joining the Steam and PS4 players on the Season 1 Pass period and beyond, I figured that I want crossplay to be implemented in two phases. I already suggested this one, but decided to re-suggest this one.

Phase 1 is similar to when PS4, PS3 and the PSVita versions of Skullgirls crossplay with each other until the Season 1 Pass period is released on the PS4, but with crossplay between PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Switch while the second phase insitutes full crossplay between PC and console. But the console versions must have a "Console Only" setting for crossplay, but not the PC version.

Why? This isn't like a shooter where there's a real gap between mouse and analog.

Reactions: Cal and Chrono_Tata
Why? This isn't like a shooter where there's a real gap between mouse and analog.
Well, the Xbox and Switch versions are joining the console scene with PS4, so I thought of something useful for the console versions to have a "Console Only" setting for crossplay to restrict us console players to playing with other console players only in the second phase. If not, it's fine with me.

Unfortunately true crossplay between all systems presents some pretty significant hurdles. They're not impossible to get over, but honestly it's not something we can commit to right now.
There's a non-zero chance we'll get to them, but right now we're focused on Black Dahlia and Marie.

Reactions: BellaFeng4Eternity
Unfortunately true crossplay between all systems presents some pretty significant hurdles. They're not impossible to get over, but honestly it's not something we can commit to right now.
There's a non-zero chance we'll get to them, but right now we're focused on Black Dahlia and Marie.
No worries. If you do manage to implement crossplay after the release of both Dahlia and Marie, how will it be possible to get it implemented in such a way? Also, what other features do you plan on adding to the game in the future?

Hey, can we also suggest palette pack ideas here?

That's why I wanted crossplay to be implemented in two phases with the first phase being the PS4, Xbox and Switch players playing each other online and the second phase being full crossplay between PC and console. But good point, though. Finish Black Dahlia and Marie first.

@27 second mark

For sg3 or sg2e+Rsparkinglimit. For when we can share combos & have them like combo trials, wish we had rhythm meter from hi-fi rush. Tempo thing for fast specific cancels & the closing circle inbetween longer pauses where there’s a really specific timing out of nowhere. Maybe even pause at key points. Might be able to use frame meter as an adaption tool.

Just please for the love of everything dont keep in the corner. thats a really frustrating place to try to learn combos from and ive always hated/resented learning in almost every game because of these static, unhelpful prompts not helping with timing at all. Timing is the main reason why combos are hard. execution sure...but really the main thing figuring into that IS the timing itself. Long as people know exact moments, it's easy to read & keep up with. That's all that's needed.

also please increase size limit for gifs and media...trying to post something 10megs so people dont even gotta click a video but cant post it.

Attachments

• new-combo-meter.JPG
    new-combo-meter.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 131
  • rhythm circle.JPG
    rhythm circle.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 122
  • perfect.JPG
    perfect.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Reactions: Nezo
My idea is that the trinity goddesses Venus and Aeon for the game would possibly play as duel characters. Where each one switches out in appearance.

Reactions: Cal
Please let me kick people from lobbies who have readied. It's impossible to kick someone who always readies right away, meaning I had to deal with with this 500 ping 200 jitter wifi moron who wouldn't leave. I dunno if that's just a bug since it's always been there, but I don't know why it would ever be like that.
Just want to echo this because it happened again with the worst slideshow I've ever seen. I'm hesitant to stream open lobbies when people can troll them like this.

I want to invite my friends to this game on the Switch version.

Counter Assistant:
Sometimes it's pretty simple to gauge viewing inputs in replays, other times not with an everflowing input list, especially if a few commands were pressed in buffer or mashed/etc. To keep from pausing & judging inputs in every interaction, a visual showing what got countered & how many frames late or early. Godsend for those freak accidents or super close interactions as well as other scenarios. Something for the future

Get countered:
:QCF::LP: 4f late ❌ :RDP::HP:

Score counter:
:QCF::MK: 7f early ✅ :D: :HK:

Clean hit:
:HK::Blue:

as well as option to show as move names from command list instead for readability:
:LP:Liver Mortis 4f late ❌ :HP:Updo
:MK:Divekick 7f early ✅ :D::HK:

Last edited:
The online multiplayer refactors have greatly increased the reliability of lobbies, spectating and Quick Play. But there is only one thing that needs much more realibility of. Searching for lobbies further than usual.

There should be a burst that can be manually activated at a cost of either 2 or 3 bars. The activation can either be 3 Punch or Kick buttons.

• Haha
Reactions: Ikkisoad
Metered burst has been discussed many, many times. It's not something this game will ever have.

Metered burst has been discussed many, many times. It's not something this game will ever have.
Is there any way it can be integrated without any problem? I was also thinking of undizzy value being manually built up by players in order to burst out of a combo much earlier and being able to cancel out of a whiffed burst at a cost of 1 bar. I think manual bursts and cancels out of whiffed bursts should have their meter costs increase by 1 bar per use in a match (don't know if it'll balance out the oppressive offence of Skullgirls or be problematic).

But missingno is right. Metered burst is something that the game will never get.

But missingno is right. Metered burst is something that the game will never
Can you explain to me why so I can understand and respond accordingly with an alternative?

Can you explain to me why so I can understand and respond accordingly with an alternative?
Well, having your idea of a burst mechanic is great, but that is not necessary because we already have the one that prevents infinite combos. There's no need for a second one as missingno said. But if I want something cool to be implemented, Blockbuster Finales are the way for me.

Well, having your idea of a burst mechanic is great, but that is not necessary because we already have the one that prevents infinite combos. There's no need for a second one as missingno said. But if I want something cool to be implemented, Blockbuster Finales are the way for me.
we could just have the undizzy system allow us to manually build up the undizzy value for an early burst out of a combo, with added bonuses like extra meter and less recoverable health loss if timed well. this could be the alternate idea if we ditch the idea of metered burst.

I think a metered burst goes against SG's design philosophy, it's based on MvC2 which didn't have a burst mechanic, the idea is that it's supposed to be an offense oriented game where you do big damage or quickly reset a character to then kill them. Bursts in SG are not meant to be combo breakers, otherwise it wouldn't be up to the opponent to start burst states in the first place. What it's there for is simply to prevent infinite combos and undizzy is there to make it so you don't go for the same 1 bar combo that does half health which makes it so that you will want to reset.

At least that's what I think, it was never meant to be a defense option, it's simply a combo limiter.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a burst option however I think you also have to consider whether it's something the game even intended to have in the first place.

But again, that's just what I think, I didn't make the game.

I now get why skullgirls should not get metered burst but what do you think about a manual build up of undizzy value for bursting out of combos earlier and being able to cancel out of whiffed bursts at the cost of 1 bar (which will increase by 1 bar for every use in a match).

You actually can cancel whiffed burst or a hit one for one bar by doing the Alpha Counter input, it's not the same as what you're suggesting but very similar in practice, you can make another character go to the screen and do their assigned assist. Depending on the assist and meter you have you can either punish a burst bait, die, or go back to neutral.

idk what you mean by manual build up of undizzy

Stuff's got a point. Hope you get the gist of it.

If you seen my previous posts, I suggested that the undizzy system that will lead to a burst should allow players to be able to manually build up the undizzy value along with the system in order to add it all up for a much early burst when being comboed. For canceling out of a burst, it should a mechanic for solos as a buff to their defensive safety.

At this point you're kind of asking to completely rework the game into something far away from its identity as a very momentum-based game focused on pressure and resets. It is a deliberate design decision not to include any kind of get-out-of-jail-free card in SG, if you want to escape you gotta defend the hard way.

Just in general, the game is fine where it is and we do not need major mechanics overhauls a decade into its lifespan.

If you seen my previous posts, I suggested that the undizzy system that will lead to a burst should allow players to be able to manually build up the undizzy value along with the system in order to add it all up for a much early burst when being comboed. For canceling out of a burst, it should a mechanic for solos as a buff to their defensive safety.
I read it just, how would that even work? How is "manually build up the undizzy" accomplished exactly? I don't work on the game and frankly I wouldn't make major changes to a 10 year old game myself but I can't say I'm not curious.

Also solos don't need buffs, they're fine.

At this point you're kind of asking to completely rework the game into something far away from its identity as a very momentum-based game focused on pressure and resets. It is a deliberate design decision not to include any kind of get-out-of-jail-free card in SG, if you want to escape you gotta defend the hard way.

Just in general, the game is fine where it is and we do not need major mechanics overhauls a decade into its lifespan.
you may be right. I was thinking about it a whole lot and thought about how it was gonna affect the flow of combos. Should it be implemented, though, I think it will give players the incentive to go for resets more often than usual, allowing players being comboed to escape more often.

I could see the manual undizzy increase happening by like holding a button combination during a combo to add like +10 ud for each attack, and the cancel out of a gold burst also sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but as its been said, this is a 10 year old game so the way it plays and feels is very much set in stone now. Features like those that would fundamentally change it to this degree are really really unlikely to happen.

Reactions: Stuff
I read it just, how would that even work? How is "manually build up the undizzy" accomplished exactly? I don't work on the game and frankly I wouldn't make major changes to a 10 year old game myself but I can't say I'm not curious.

Also solos don't need buffs, they're fine.
For solo's nerfs, damage multiplier against duos and trios should be reduced to a reasonable amount. for the manual build up, players must press attack buttons corresponding with normals and specials used in a combo against them while in hitstun. they can also choose to mash random (or the same) attack button(s) to build up minimal amounts of undizzy while in hitstun only during a combo. The amount of undizzy value manually built up will be lower (at least half) than the system's build up of normal undizzy value but will be additional to it.

For percision in manual build up, the values will be the following:
Light normals (not exact): 5
Light normal (exact): 10
Medium normals (not exact): 10
Medium normal (exact): 15
Heavy normals (not exact): 15
Heavy normal (exact): 20
Specials (non-exact button strength): 15
Specials (exact button strength): 20

For mashing Buttons in manual build up, It will always have 1 undizzy value per mashed button.
P.S, manual build up can only happen while in hitstun and only during later combo stages (stage 3-5).
Also, manual undizzy accumulated with only precise buttons can further slow down undizzy decay by 30+ frames and begins undizzy decay 10F after hitsun instead of the usual 4F. This doesn't accumulate per precise button, it will always be this many frames regardless of how many precise buttons were pressed. At least 5 precise buttons must be pressed in a combo order to get the aformentioned rewards for doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stuff
Actually, the game is eleven years old now since it first came out.

Last edited:
why not just have private lobby modifiers. See both sides really. In general being able to increase meter gain, meter you begin with, speed, and other fun things like sf6 i guess has started getting into i always saw as a viable medium.

+R has a mode that lets you turn on all kinds of wacky modifiers, and a lot of these same modifiers already exist in SG's Challenge Mode. Would be cool to be able to sandbox with them.

Reactions: Nuuance
Would it be better to introduce new proposed mechanics in SG through future betas and have them tested to see if they are beneficial or disruptive to the gameplay flow and other things?