• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

you know, I saw a comment on a video saying a good alternative for petting, and it's have Corrin give their units a facial massage.

I dunno, I think that would have been much easier and better than just cutting content.

Reactions: DukeMagus
you know, I saw a comment on a video saying a good alternative for petting, and it's have Corrin give their units a facial massage.

I dunno, I think that would have been much easier and better than just cutting content.
I feel like this would be even more out of place. It's just kind of odd.
Again, I'm happy it was removed for gameplay reasons so I don't really mind, but I don't think this would have made a difference.

I feel like this would be even more out of place. It's just kind of odd.
Again, I'm happy it was removed for gameplay reasons so I don't really mind, but I don't think this would have made a difference.
I think iys better to make Corrin a huge weirdo than to cut out a chnk of the touch screen minigame and then brushing it off as "see everyone? Its still there"

i think it's cuter & more appropriate to be able to punch your spouse in the face to wake them up rather than Corrin just molesting whoever they feel like whenever they feel like

cute marriage interaction > groping despot imo tbh imo tbh

Okay, wow, I knew the explanation for having children was going to be contrived, but that is beyond stupid.
Yeah it's just total bullshit. I would have much rather had no children at all, especially when they are all kind of... Bad characters.

Yeah it's just total bullshit. I would have much rather had no children at all, especially when they are all kind of... Bad characters.

I haven't read much pre release, so I can't say a whole lot on them as characters, but I really hope they drop this children shit for the next game, but I know it's not going to happen because
lMYH4Vl.jpg

I haven't read much pre release, so I can't say a whole lot on them as characters, but I really hope they drop this children shit for the next game, but I know it's not going to happen because
lMYH4Vl.jpg
yeah, that stuff saved the franchise from being dead.

a great plan.

I'm excited to see how children will be done in the Nohr route.

No way to power level means your first run with the children are gonna hurt.

well, they aren't dead.

I can say that that's a fact.

Because good storytelling and interesting ideas don't mean jack, only pandering and the profit margins.

I'm excited to see how children will be done in the Nohr route.

No way to power level means your first run with the children are gonna hurt.

IIRC (And this is basically just from what I've read on r/fireemblem) the kid units come in at a far higher level in Fates.

I like children from a gameplay perspective. Adds an extra layer of long term strategic planning to the campaigns, figuring out what units you want and what benefits you want them to have.

From a story perspective, it sucks that they have to find increasingly rediculous ways to shoehorn them into the plots.

Awakening was fine. Not sure how this is gonna go though...

Because good storytelling and interesting ideas don't mean jack, only pandering and the profit margins.
now, you act like these 2 can't coincide under any circumstances.

the problem is that they can.

apparently the kids are considered fairly weak in Fates overall compared to Awakening, partially due to availability and partially due to just not being all that good.
i've seen a few speculative tier lists and the kids in general are listed under "viable with heavy investment" which just doesn't seem all that feasible on the Nohr route

now, you act like these 2 can't coincide under any circumstances.

the problem is that they can.

The problem is that their not. Even in Fates, you can see that they're already reaching for any possible excuse, no matter how dumb, to add kids to the game. You know why they tried so hard to get kids in the game? I'll tell you what, it's not for any deep-rooted story reasons or overarching character development. It's because they were popular in Awakening. You want to know why you can customize Corrin, even though he's his own character with motivations outside of your control? I'll tell you what, it's not so you grow attached to a character of your creation, whom you identify with due to your own choices. No, it's in because it was popular in Awakening.

apparently the kids are considered fairly weak in Fates overall compared to Awakening, partially due to availability and partially due to just not being all that good.
i've seen a few speculative tier lists and the kids in general are listed under "viable with heavy investment" which just doesn't seem all that feasible on the Nohr route
Good, because kids were busted in Awakening.

Like 85% of my apothesis secret run was children.

Children were overpowered in Awakening, so I can understand why they'd want to make them weaker, but they're basically useless now. Apparently, people seem to be saying there is only one child actually worth investing time into, and even then he's kind of "meh" as a unit. They do, like someone said, join at higher levels. I've even seen one person say that their level in the paralogue scales with how far into the game you are/your team's level, although I don't know how true that is. Never really bothered to check.

I thought Awakening, for what it was, did the children well. Some of the best supports in that game are between the children and their parents, and most of them were fairly interesting characters. It didn't feel extremely tacked on, and the dynamic between the parents and their children was good. It's a shame they decided Fates needed to have children in, but I can see why they would think it would be a good idea, considering how popular they were in Awakening.
It would be interesting to note that in the two Japanese character popularity polls, all of the children were very low down.

One thing I'm happy about is that a few of the children kind of acknowledge and even call out their parents on the bad parenting. I wasn't expecting them to ever really bring up the time skip area again.

Double post, I'm sorry!
Here's a full list of all the voice actors in Fates (doesn't show who voices who)
Despite how they sound, the original voice actors of
the Awakening children (Inigo, Owain, Severa)
retain their roles. Again, kind of meh when it comes to Liam O'Brien's performance because I feel like it doesn't really fit, but otherwise I'm glad they're not different voice actors. I really wasn't expecting
Severa's
voice actor to be the same, her voice sounds much, much higher.
I wasn't expecting David Vincent to be up there, either. I wonder who he voices.

One thing I'm happy about is that a few of the children kind of acknowledge and even call out their parents on the bad parenting. I wasn't expecting them to ever really bring up the time skip area again.

The problem with that, is because Corrin can support and s-support child characters, even if they are the ones who call out the parents, they'll still make Kana do it. In fact, because of the way supports work, you can s-support them with Corrin before you get their conversation with their parent, and have them tell their Mom or Dad how bad of a parent they are for leaving them in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, while simultaneously doing that to their own child for the exact same reasons.

Reactions: Meow-Professor
The problem with that, is because Corrin can support and s-support child characters, even if they are the ones who call out the parents, they'll still make Kana do it. In fact, because of the way supports work, you can s-support them with Corrin before you get their conversation with their parent, and have them tell their Mom or Dad how bad of a parent they are for leaving them in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, while simultaneously doing that to their own child for the exact same reasons.
Damn, I didn't even notice this...
The whole way the child dimension is written is really, really bad. I've heard some people say that they run into problems during the story that would be completely negated if they remembered the dimension existed. It's so lazy and tacked on.

well shit
those are a lot of new faces in that VA lineup
like even more than Awakening
makes me wonder if the dubbing was done in two different places

I wasn't expecting David Vincent to be up there, either. I wonder who he voices.
The same person he voiced in Awakening.

Robin.

Also what are the chances of me finding the special edition in-store

Percentage chances can't technically go under zero, but somehow -30% is still the correct answer.

No points for guessing who Jason, Laura Bailey, David and Yuri voice
hopefully Jason actually gets to come in for recording
as much as I loving fighting for his friends and getting no sympathy from him, Ike's been needing new lines since Brawl, and Codename STEAM alone isn't gonna change that

AND MAYBE THIS WILL FINALLY GET NINTENDO TO LET MARTH SPEAK ENGLISH NEXT SMASH BROS.
COME ON GUYS
HE HAS AN ENGLISH VOICE IN AN ACTUAL FE GAME NOW
:y

Yuri is also a Corrin voice alongside Marth, so don't be surprised if you see some doubles
Kaiji Tang also confirmed that he voices more than his reprisal as well

The same person he voiced in Awakening.

Robin.
My bad, I completely forgot about the amiibo support.

Very low, but not impossible.

You have two options; wait for a restock online, which probably won't happen, or go to a store that has not had online stock right after they open on release and see if they have any. I've seen people talking about checking Target on release day, but I'm not sure what the chances of them actually having the SE is, or how often they actually carry special editions of games.

No points for guessing who Jason, Laura Bailey, David and Yuri voice
hopefully Jason actually gets to come in for recording
as much as I loving fighting for his friends and getting no sympathy from him, Ike's been needing new lines since Brawl, and Codename STEAM alone isn't gonna change that

AND MAYBE THIS WILL FINALLY GET NINTENDO TO LET MARTH SPEAK ENGLISH NEXT SMASH BROS.
COME ON GUYS
HE HAS AN ENGLISH VOICE IN AN ACTUAL FE GAME NOW
Marth does actually have an English voice. It's Yuri Lowenthal. I really like it, personally.
Yuri Lowenthal also does one of the three male Corrin voice options

Ike has the same voice actor, but his performance is much better.
Let me go grab a video that shows off the English amiibo so you can hear it
Edit: Here:

Marth does actually have an English voice. It's Yuri Lowenthal
I
know
hence me saying Ninty has no excuses for keeping Marth Japanese only
I'd suggest the same for Roy but
you know
it's Roy
so who cares

Roy's fine because he never fails
to disappoint :y

OK so there is bonus points for guessing on Yuri
apparantly alongside Marth and one of the Male Corrins he is also...
Niles/Zero...
OK then

Azura's song, in english, both routes!
(The cutscene was in the first trailer, but just in case, I'm tagging it)

Oh man, I didn't know they had totally different songs, that's pretty sick.

So far I've only heard the Hoshido version.

5 more days.

Nohr Azura's got a bellydancer vibe going on.