• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

I didn't mean to cause any straifu.

Reactions: iLoli
DDB must be punished.
Let's send him to the Baby Realm.
No, don't do it, he'll like it the sick freak

A star has fallen today

Does anyone know Peri's VA
it sounds very similar to Camilla's, I wanna say they have the same actress

Camilla (and Orochi) is voiced by Paula Tiso, she's most known for voicing Lulu from FFX and Sylvia from No More Heroes, I wanna say.
Peri has the same actress as Hinoka and Selkie too, I think

Peri has the same actress as Hinoka and Selkie too, I think
I want to say this isn't true, they sound pretty different.

Can someone please explain to me how the hell you're supposed to get the Private Quarters bond rewards in Conquest? There is no way there are enough chapters for you to actually bond enough with your spouse. It's a small thing, but it seems odd it would be unobtainable. Is it triggered by something other than how many battles you've been in?

I mean, you can marry Felicia as early as Chapter... 8, I wanna say. That should give you enough time to build up. There are also ways to grind in Conquest, just not for EXP.
You also mentioned that you didn't get many marriages, and I'd imagine the child Paralogues would help with that, too.

I mean, you can marry Felicia as early as Chapter... 8, I wanna say.
I don't think it's really fair to be locked to Felicia/Jakob, though. Even then, I honestly doubt it is possible to get to max rank.
There are also ways to grind in Conquest, just not for EXP.
You have invasions, which only happened once in my whole playthrough. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't a way to grind otherwise unless you use DLC maps which I don't count.

I don't think it's really fair to be locked to Felicia/Jakob, though. Even then, I honestly doubt it is possible to get to max rank.

I'm not defending it, just saying it might be possible.

You have invasions, which only happened once in my whole playthrough. Unless I'm missing something, there isn't a way to grind otherwise unless you use DLC maps which I don't count.

I'm thinking of the free DLC map everyone gets, but if you're not counting that, then fine I guess.

time advances in My Castle when you battle other people's armies. I think you have to win the battle but I'm not sure. Time will not advance if you opt to gamble in the arena or just leave after stealing their resources, you MUST skirmish. Just wirelessly visit other castles and ask to fight them.

WVW69i7XFYIwlwAp3c

I mean,could you cuddle in anything other than slippers?

So.
I just beat chapter ten in conquest.
On Classic/Hard.

It took a combined ten and a half hours. Over two days. Once from five to two in the morning.

AhhahaAhAhAHhahaAHAHAahahaAHHahahahah

Seriously, I'm on chapter twelve now, and every chapter BUT chapter ten has been totally fine, and if anything easier than I expected from Conquest. I can only imagine what's coming next, however. I must say though, for a depressing experience, it was pretty enjoyable.

I'm tired as hell now and I'm falling asleep on my keyboard ahhhhh.

Also, as I'm playing Nohr, I realize I really should have just played as a female. I either despise or dislike all female characters in Nohr, except for Felicia, who is neutral, obviously. I think, as well, that Jakob is better from a strategic view, since his Paralogue let's you grind, he even has a son, AND he's a better unit if I'm gonna be honest. Also I like him and his son better than Felicia, although I do like Felicia quite a bit.

I love the guys, Niles (Who loves me back~), Odin, all of them. They're great, and I look forward still to ones like Lazlow, but gods I can't like the females. Either it's their personality, or their design. I love Selena's design, but can't stand the bitching. I like Beruka, but not enough to actually marry her.

But let's be honest here, my pretty little princess belongs to Arthur.
That handsome devil him.

Not surprised, female was definitely the way to go in Awakening too IMO since the only major/well-written female party member in the game was better written as your daughter then your waifu. Girl Corrin will probably be best.

Ak0Ut2h.jpg

Probably playing through as a girl too, though I'm toying with the idea of making a white haired male with an eye patch for one route named "Raiden".

The memes jack, the memes.

Reactions: abc
Really the only thing preventing me from being a girl was the sudden realization I could make Vergil. The white hair, the slicked back option, stern face. I'm betraying my brother anyways. Besides, gotta be like daddy, am I right?

"Resigned to your 'fates', is it?"

"Resigned to your 'fates', is it?"

Resigned to your fate I see... in a nasally shithead voice as he does a dumb thing with his dumb sword.

Resigned to your fate I see... in a nasally shithead voice as he does a dumb thing with his dumb sword.
But now he's Nohr's shithead with a dumb sword. :U

also damn i must be tired to misquote that wow

Last edited:
I love the guys, Niles (Who loves me back~), Odin, all of them. They're great, and I look forward still to ones like Lazlow, but gods I can't like the females. Either it's their personality, or their design. I love Selena's design, but can't stand the bitching. I like Beruka, but not enough to actually marry her.
The female cast definitely isn't great in Conquest, but honestly I don't think it's that great in Birthright, either. I know you're going to object, but none of the females there are very interesting. You're going to argue Hinoka is good; I don't think she's terrible, just not fantastic.
Despite this, I do still think the females are better in Birthright.

While Birthright wins with females, overall Conquest still has better characters. Between the three Awakening characters who are all really well-written (minus, perhaps, Selena; she's even more one-note than usual, and can be very annoying. Laslow makes up for it, he's waifu as always), the better royal family, and the more interesting children (I don't really like the children in either version minus a few, but I felt like the ones I did like were better), I definitely prefer it when it comes to characters.
Also I like him and his son better than Felicia, although I do like Felicia quite a bit.
At first, I liked him because I had only seen his conversations with Corrin, but as time went on and I got his conversations with other people, he came off as such an ass. I just couldn't get over it. He's too unlikeable.

I did Chapter 15 in Birthright.

and immediately raided someone's castle for a replacement Kaze.

How terrible am I?

I did Chapter 15 in Birthright.

and immediately raided someone's castle for a replacement Kaze.

How terrible am I?
Can you really do that?

Yes, you can recruit other players' units as your own... Except they can't do support conversations or talk.

My first experience with it got me a Camilla for my Hoshidan army.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
a camilla that can't talk is probably just a flat objective improvement tbh

Don't talk that way about my grandma.

How exactly do you prevent his death? I still have him and I'm on chapter 22.

Corrin has to have an A-support with them by that chapter.

Doing some extra study today, will play tommorow.

About females: In Awakening I liked

Lucina
Tharja
Flavia
Emmeryon

and some of the children characters but I didn't get far enough into their supports to make a call. REASONS:

-Lucina: I liked that she has kind of a dual personality. She kind of alternates between a serious and contemplative nature when the heavier elements of the story are at hand, and a more jovial and easy going personality when she's talking with her parents about NON-GRIMA RELATED THINGS. For example compare her supports with Robin (mother) and Chrom, to how she acts when Basilo goes up against Wallhart. Or anytime the topic of Grima comes up. I liked this for a few reasons.

First, I think it makes her personality stand out and feel unique for an otherwise straight forward leading hero, and the balance of goofy and serious moments make her feel more well rounded then the rest of Awakening's "I only have this one gimmick" cast. I also think it's nice because she links the more lighthearted adventure romp aspects of Awakening with the bigger and darker issues the story attempts (keyword: attempts) to sell (free will and such). Lastly, it kind of sells her as a character who has been traumatized and lead a poignant life, watching her parents die, and then gets to experience the wish fulfillment of going back and meeting them alive. She's happy about it but still has a ton of shit on her mind. Goes back to that attempted dualism of joyful fantasy/escapism + heavier themes.

The main problem with Lucina is that her end-game related script gets increasingly poorly written. Being her mother makes the game more interesting up until that point, but some of her actions and a lot of her script make no sense later in the game. For example, killing Robin (as her mother) would make sense if the revelation that Robin = Grima already came out, but doing it just 'cause she thinks Chrom is in danger feels ultra out of character...and couldn't she just have tied Robin up or something before the mission if a backstab was the only worry? Likewise some of her ending lines about Robin's sacrifice feels like they used generic lines from Robin being neither husband or mother.

Ultimately, like nearly everything in Awakening, I like her, but with some reservations. Of the 3 main protagonist's I think she's overall the most original and likable.

-Tharja: I went in expecting to hate her based on what people told me, but I ended up actually liking her a lot. She actually feels like she has some (SMALL) depth in her supports compared to many of the other characters. Starts out as a kooky stalky-whitch, but the vibe I got from many of her later supports was "I'm simultaneously proud and insecure about being a loner weirdo", which was kinda cool. Too bad her romances kinda suck.

Honestly, if they want to go the dating sim route, they need to implement more support levels. One romantic leaning convo on A + "MARRY ME" on S rank makes all the non-major characters relationships feel rushed and laughable. Chrom X Robin is the only one that works IMO because Chrom and Robin already develop a relationship in the main story.

-Flavia: I liked her vitriolic best buds/bickering couple relationship with Basillo, and the "awww they really do care about eachother!" moments, as cliche as they are. Like with Lucina, the fact that she plays a (relatively) major role in the story means she ends up getting a wider pallet of emotions to display then just gags in the supports.

-Emmeryon: Okay she's a flat saintly character, but her script does a good job selling the role. For example, that "has nothing changed?" line before she takes the plunge really added a nice touch of humanity and unwillingness/reluctance to the otherwise saintly sacrifice. I'd put her in the Charles Dickens school of side/supporting character where "this character is flat and has no character development but you like them anyway". Not that I'd compare this game to Charles Dickens writing or anything (blasphemy), but you get my point.

Everyone else suffered from the typical Awakening syndrome of just not having enough character development in their supports (that I saw) and having no role in the main story to make up for it.

Last edited:
So I just bought Conquest today
I picked Hard mode
And spent an hour on Chapter 5
I'm fucking quaking in my boots for the eventual slaughter house that will be Chapter 10.

Reactions: Lexeous
WVW69i71V6Y3PKVy0n

I'm so uncomfortable.

Reactions: Stairwayyy
So does anyone have any advice on how to do Chapter 8 on Hard mode on Conquest,I don't wanna back down and lower the difficulty of the game.
Need halp pls

Last edited:
So does anyone have any advice on how to do Chapter 8 on Hard mode on Conquest,I don't wanna back down and lower the difficulty of the game.
Need halp pls

I'm gonna assume that you're going for the three houses, so first off, just ignore the top 2 on the map, just go for the bottom three. Secondly, Felicia is an insane Mage Killer in this map, so use her and Niles for that, and use whoever else for the rest of the map. Going for the bottom three houses might seem like an issue at first because of the guy heading for the bottom one, but you should bring Elise on this map for A) Healing duty, because Filicia will be too busy dropping bodies, and B) Freeze staff on the asshole going for the furthest house. Beyond that, place your priorities on getting Corrin or Felicia to Fiona to kill incapacitate her ASAP, because her Freeze staff is an issue when you're trying to get Silas to rush the houses. Also, sidenote, it's pretty obvious but you should use Silas to rush the houses. Once you visit the houses, the map is pretty cake. Just hold your position by the second and third houses (Counting counterclockwise from the house you started by) and wait for the axe guys to come for you (The guys in the top right won't even move if you don't enter their range). After that is the boss, but he's not a real threat, just take him out with Felicia or Corrin, maybe try and feed the kill to Mozu if you're training her. Proceed to chapter 9.

I'm gonna assume that you're going for the three houses, so first off, just ignore the top 2 on the map, just go for the bottom three. Secondly, Felicia is an insane Mage Killer in this map, so use her and Niles for that, and use whoever else for the rest of the map. Going for the bottom three houses might seem like an issue at first because of the guy heading for the bottom one, but you should bring Elise on this map for A) Healing duty, because Filicia will be too busy dropping bodies, and B) Freeze staff on the asshole going for the furthest house. Beyond that, place your priorities on getting Corrin or Felicia to Fiona to kill incapacitate her ASAP, because her Freeze staff is an issue when you're trying to get Silas to rush the houses. Also, sidenote, it's pretty obvious but you should use Silas to rush the houses. Once you visit the houses, the map is pretty cake. Just hold your position by the second and third houses (Counting counterclockwise from the house you started by) and wait for the axe guys to come for you (The guys in the top right won't even move if you don't enter their range). After that is the boss, but he's not a real threat, just take him out with Felicia or Corrin, maybe try and feed the kill to Mozu if you're training her. Proceed to chapter 9.
So Felicia is a real mage killer,but I have Jakob,does that make any difference?

So Felicia is a real mage killer,but I have Jakob,does that make any difference?

In that case, you may want to grab a Res tonic for him in the shop before the mission starts, that should help him out on that front.

In that case, you may want to grab a Res tonic for him in the shop before the mission starts, that should help him out on that front.
I really have to thank you for all of this advice,but I literally beat the level buy going up to the most populated part of it and beating out 20 fucking units.It was a two-way slaughter.My only survivors were Odin,Jakob,and Elise.Shit was intense.