• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

It'd be a slapstick comedy, much like Tom and Jerry, except the nightguard is murdered in a horrific way at the end of each episode.
I actually like the sound of that a lot.
The last part sounds like how Eustice died in pretty much every Courage the Cowardly Dog episode but he always came back so it was ok.

It's the Mario Party clone we were all clamoring for.

nice concept but poorly executed. Would be a good game if it wasnt about random screamers all the time lmao

nice concept but poorly executed. Would be a good game if it wasnt about random screamers all the time lmao

Quoting myself because I'm tired and don't wanna write up another paragraph on the use of jumpscares.

But
it isn't
just that?

This is pretty tired piece of rhetoric, but, jumpscares are a tool to use for horror and FNaF uses them in what is probably the best way you can. The jumpscare isn't there to simply catch the player off guard, it's a punishment for losing.

This is what I think 1 and 2 were the best, they utilized this concept so well, maybe better than 4 and definitely better than 3. See, each night is just one long string of tension, tension that comes about due to the precise defensive nature of the gameplay mechanics, that can end either 1 of 2 ways. 1 is that the player makes it to the end of the night and the tension is resolved through relief, which is positive reinforcement. 2 is that the player fails and is punished with a jumpscare, which resolves the tension through surprise and very small heart attacks. The player knows the jumpscare is coming, and being one of the few ways in which a game can actually effect the player themselves, even more tension is built up knowing that that is what'll happen if you mess up. The jumpscare is actually used to amplify fear and tension, not just to get a cheap scare.

My biggest problem with FNAF is that it doesn't build up the atmosphere that will make the jump scares actually work. Jump scares are a viable tool in horror, yes, but it requires a certain level of tension/atmosphere I don't think these games achieve IMO.

Reactions: Fumako and Sinclair
Whether or not tension is built up adequately to be paid off by a jumpscare is kinda subjective,
like, for a wimp like me, any amount of buildup would be beyond enough, I'm just no good with jumpscares.

I just don't think it's fair to say they're completely random when, 3 aside, there's clearly been some thought put into when and how they happen.

boo

you have just been spooped by master fredbear of francine's pizzeronys. share to 999 people in 20 seconds or you will forever live in spook life.

a role playing game where you create a party using the huge selection of characters from the FNaF games, including the classic, withered, toy, phantom, and nightmare versions
I can't believe there's gonna be an official Five Nights at Fuckboy's.

Please tell me this is a joke

If he gets the fuckboy writers this could actually be great

my only reaction to this whole thing.

Rest in Peace Freddy, 2014-2015

Ps: I never loved you, I just found your die hard fanboys funny as fuck.

Last edited:
Here we go with the "rip fnaf series" stuff

The series is technically over. This is just a spin-off.

Seriously, what?

Here we go with the "rip fnaf series" stuff

The series is technically over. This is just a spin-off.
I was honestly expecting a FNAF Kart Racing for a spin off.
Though this would of been my 2nd guess.

Scott's induction as the King of Trolls will be this Halloween, his crown will be made out of our rage and confusion.

Why do people like foxxy so much? Is because he's a canine and everyones a furry?
Because its not like the animatronics have personality, they're literally robots

Why do people like foxxy so much? Is because he's a canine and everyones a furry?
Because its not like the animatronics have personality, they're literally robots
I always heard that it was because he was isolated, so the player had a sort of resemblance to him and could develop a better "relation" with him. And he looks marginally cooler than the others.

It's probably because
he's a fox.
And the people who actual care about the characterization in these games are a bunch of furries.

That's what I had assumed honestly.

That's a pretty close-minded assumption. "People like a character who is a fox? FURRIES, ALL OF THEM."

No.
I have researched this topic for several years, and I can say for certain that anyone who has ever looked at a fox for any amount of time without the feeling of intense disgust in their heart is most definitely a furry.
I don't make the rules.

Reactions: Ktulu
That or they're a Melee tier whore
:y

anyway, this
4BRwowx.jpg

Looks like the original group shot was just a way to slowly but surely show off all the cartoon versions of all the bots
i'm scared to see what the puppet and all the post-2 bots will look like

If you have ever owned or pet (you sick monster) a dog you are unmistakably a furry.

An asshole who is also a furry.

If you own a cat then you're a weeb.

GG gotta add mangle as my healer on my supah fun time FNAF rpg adventure mode

Or maybe that fucking burger head monstrosity in the top right, that'll be a hell of a image.

...Hey wait does this mean Golden Freddy is just going to be a giant-empty-ass head in the game?

Well there's more than one Gold Fred
note how they bothered to have all the variant robots, and not just the original bots from their respective debut games

Also Phantom Fox under Original Chika's arm

If you have ever owned or pet (you sick monster) a dog you are unmistakably a furry.
I have 2, what am I

Beyond help.

Not far enough.