• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

"For My Kingdom": The Canopy Legion Social/QnA

Crouch jab is really your best tick. normals canceled into lk egret can also be effective but is easier to react to.
I will try it out now as I thirstily have this forums up and skull girls looking for answers. Did not see many Parasouls on point. If I did they faced duckatar and we all know how that goes. Kind of hard to see anything when people get wipped in a combo.

Which you don't need since you can do the same thing with a tear toss. But there's still corner, or you can be gdlk and hit them with the back of pillar.

Crouch jab is really your best tick. normals canceled into lk egret can also be effective but is easier to react to.

what normals cancel into lk and we are talking about c.lk right? Also are you always garanteed a followup from Silent Scope regardless of how far at the end of a combo it is? My present combo I can't even land c.hl

There's no c.LK in what he's saying

Crouch jab = c.LP, you don't cancel into that, you link (eg after a restand)
lk = not a lightkick but refers to the egret "cancelled into lk egret"; LK.Egret = [Charge], Forward+LK; The soldier that cancels your recovery

I don't get the question regarding Silent Scope

I wil be practicing this
There's no c.LK in what he's saying

Crouch jab = c.LP, you don't cancel into that, you link (eg after a restand)
lk = not a lightkick but refers to the egret "cancelled into lk egret"; LK.Egret = [Charge], Forward+LK; The soldier that cancels your recovery

I don't get the question regarding Silent Scope

I think I understand. What I was referring to was qcf+PP super I've seen people follow up with when full combos now off a raw super I can get a combo. However from the combo I'm doing now when I hit the super nothing seems to hit not when the sweep. So I'm wondering if regardless of how long the combo is is something garanteed or there a point scaling is to great that you just watch them fall.

If you hit them with the super while they are on the ground, they should fall to their knees, which allows you to follow up every time.

Tell me about the matchup MF vs Parasoul

Sorry to bump this topic, but it's the QnA thread and I certainly have a Q. Lately, I have come across the issue of making certain moves safer on block. I used to cancel everything into Napalm Shot out of basic instinct, but then when I started to explore more with Para, I decided to use Egret Call for whatever reason. However, I noticed that I almost never got punished for using Napalm (not directly, at least) but I'm getting punished all over the place for using Egret, so I finally decided to check the frame data. L Shot has 25 frames of recovery while L Egret only has 21 (which is still greater than the amount of block stun on all of her normals except for s.MK (24), s.HK (21), and the first hit of s.HP (23)), but L Shot is also +2 on block. L Shot also gains a bit more meter, I believe. Then there is also Napalm Toss, which I guess has a total animation time of 28 frames (do you count the active frames when calculating that)? To get to the point, when exactly should I be using each of these options? Should I just always cancel my block-strings into L Shot if I can? I've noticed that most other Paras do that.

Personally for me, I LK Solider after B.HK to make that safe, since doing a shot after that is pretty weird.

Everything else yeah I LP shot or call bomber/whatever assist.

Reactions: bubbaking
L.Shot is your default Option. It's positive on block and places a tear on your opponent.

M.Shot is the best(?) cancel out of 4HK - safe on block and gives easy combos on hit.

H.Shot nope

L.Egret is used for:
- Nextlvl mixups (eg [4HK xx L.Egret before it's active, c.LK])
- To avoid PBGC: L.Shot has a total framecount of 40 (15f startup + 25f recovery), which is a LOT longer than the 21f of L.Egret, meaning it's much easier for the opponent to PBGC punish a blockstring into Shot than into Egret
- Making moves safe where Shot wouldn't connect (eg c.HP AA xx L.Egret is safe, c.HP AA xx Shot just won't work cus the Shot whiffs under the opponent).

Toss is ughhhhhhhh when you want to use Egret, but it's already used up. Uuuh just don't I think. Unless it's Air Toss, in which case it's kinda the best thing and use it all the time because wow.

Reactions: bubbaking
You could hardly have asked that in a more convoluted way?

If you're asking whether it has uses.. yes.
Just not as a blockstring ender, since it got more startup than L.Shot (higher risk of PBGC) and leaves you with less frame advantage.

How can I use MK Egret? I've heard Sage used it against Fukua, but I'm not sure how it works against any other character.

you don't.

it's about 98% bad.

I've no idea what Sage could mean about using it against fukua; You can only use it to react to 1 fireball and from there you have to just guess whether fukua is going to just double jump and throw a fireball higher than the egret goes which she can do from 90% of any given positioning, throw out a shadow since the Egret Dive doesn't protect from Shadows well, or if Fukua will just go in since its not like Parasoul can challenge fukua approach anyways. The only thing you can really do is throw it out in anticipation of Fukua fireball super, but then the fukua can just wise up and not super. Parasoul can't really react to Fukua fireball super even from fullscreen with the Egret, but if Fukua is obviously doing multiple Fireball supers in a row to chip you can PBGC out of the first one and try to use Dive to stop the second.

Against Peacock, the only reason you'll be using it is to specifically have Para block against an incoming sHP or Plane Bomb from peacock. Item drop will fall regardless, and the ground bombs are too slow to hit the egret so Para can still get knocked if she advances after using Egret Dive. And Peacock can totally react to egret call with Argus btw, and Para can't do anything since the super cancel window on Egret Dive is extremely small. However Egret Dive is very useful in blocking raw Arguses and allowing meterless punishes from almost Fullscreen (assuming no dhc) that a lot of characters can't do.

Useless against Filia and Bella Reflects.

Useful on catching Elizas trying to zone with couches.

Somewhat useful in Parasoul Mirror, though doesn't help if a tear is placed near you already so it's not free and leaves you open to Egret Charge.

Not very effective against double, since she can reaction car anyways, and double zoning is usually about pestering you and catching you on the offense rather than being oppressive so it doesn't really change much there.

A little useful for Valentines if you know they are going to stick towards zoning/scalpels for a while and makes her have to come in harder. Same with Painwheels trying to zone though using other tools there is usually more effective (outside of PWs using Hatred Install and then chipping you out).

In short, use it occasionally in the Peacock MU to avoid sHP or Plane bomb or against blocked Argus, that's about it in terms of consistent reliable use.

Reactions: dMags
M.Egret blocks Catheads

Also stops assists.. in some way.. which sadly isn't useful in most cases..
But maybe there are some secrets hidden here; eg preemptive M.Egret against M.Bomber often eats the first two hits and then you are locked down for far less time
How will you get the time to call the Egret in that case, though?
Doesn't seem to do anything against Brass despite absorbing the hit and dang it would actually be useful there
Now idea how it actually functions

Don't forget that it now generates a burst of meter, so even if it's not really accomplishing anything (v Lugers, Valentine, PW, ..), you can do it to some effect

Does this have any use at all?
I tried converting from it with the opponent in the corner but I couldn't. I don't know if it's me not cancelling early enough or if it's not possible. Midscreen conversions work but I can't really think about any situation in which this is useful. Even if you're trying a mid-combo bike super for damage, you're better off using Pillar instead of Egret Charge.
The closest thing to a use I found for this is that if you hit Sekhmet with a bike she'll get grabbed. But how would you even lead a Sekhmet to a situation in which this is relevant? Even if you call a Butcher's Blade assist she is able to escape if she begins jumping as soon as she gets hit. Or Sekhmet can just crouch/walk forward and the Egret Charge whiffs.

So I've been thinking of picking up Parasoul, and after a few training mode things and taking her online, I've been seeing some improvement, but the combo I kinda came up with is kinda 50/50 when it comes to nailing it.

Combo I'm trying to do atm as a simple "just starting out" thing:

c.lk > c.mk > c.hp > j.mp > j.hp > j.hk (restand) > s.lp > s.mp > c.hp > j.lk > j.mk > j.hp > s.lk (x2) > s.mk > s.hp (x2) > M Tear Shot > 236PP

The big problem I have is the j.mp followup and the s.lp after the restand. Is it normal that I have to hit mp pretty much at the same time as I jump? I find if I hit it late then I fall too fast for j.hk to come out to restand. Alternatively, sometimes when I do nail it properly and get the s.lk, sometimes it pushes them too far away for the second c.hp to launch. Is this just pushing the opponent too far back? Is this distance dependant? Weight? (I do find this combo harder to do on BB and Double, but still doable with some timing alterations)

Keep in mind I'm learning Para from scratch, and have all of maybe 4 hours with her under my belt, but I've always played charge characters back in the day, so it's not too hard of a transition for me.