• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune Technology: Resets, Mixups, etc.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but cr.MP and slide low profile Beowulf's Gigantic arm and Peacock's M Bang!
Don't know if I mentioned it, but so does cr.lp. It also low profiles parasoul lvl 3.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So many of you guys probably already knew this, but I didn't. I've always had problems with IAD j.LK, j.MP whiffing on characters with headless Fortune. Mike told me that if you hold upback before the IAD j.LK, j.MP, it fixes this.

There's probably a way to do sj upback IAD j.LK, j.MK so you can get the earliest possible timing with that and get both hits of j.MK too. j.LK, j.MK (2 hits) is good on block because it's a triple overhead, you can fastfall j.HK for a low or throw, and you can cancel into axe kick and make yourself super safe with the head on block, and then try to be in the range to kick the head on block.

All overhead or low multihit moves are mid after the 1st hit so j.mk only hits high once

All overhead or low multihit moves are mid after the 1st hit so j.mk only hits high once

I think what I meant to say was the mixup is j.MK on block, and then either axe kick for high or s.HK fastball for a quick low or throw.

I think what I meant to say was the mixup is j.MK on block, and then either axe kick for high or s.HK fastball for a quick low or throw.
Unless you are talking about the grounded version, axe kick is mid

because they blocked high you can also just instant jLK since that hits anyone standing or low or throw or even upforward jLK for a crossup after doing jLK assuming they didn't pb of course.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
because they blocked high you can also just instant jLK since that hits anyone standing or low or throw or even upforward jLK for a crossup after doing jLK assuming they didn't pb of course.

That reminds me of that one crossup j.LK setup you made that I used for a long time that was really good...I don't remember what it was though lol

this?

I can't really remember (jLP is better I think even though I did jHP in that video) Also I think lazy improved it even though I think it's a bit riskier

Not sure how many people know about this.

So you know how when nom connects, the head flies behind you and you can't use it unless you switch sides again somehow? Well you can make it stay in front of you actually.

If you cross up the opponent during the last hit or 2 of nom and hit them, you can make the head stay in front so you can actually use it again for setups/combos.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
Not sure how many people know about this.

So you know how when nom connects, the head flies behind you and you can't use it unless you switch sides again somehow? Well you can make it stay in front of you actually.

If you cross up the opponent during the last hit or 2 of nom and hit them, you can make the head stay in front so you can actually use it again for setups/combos.

People need to realize how good this is. You get corner carry AND a full combo that you can do resets/burst baits off of. I've had a lot of trouble finding things to do off nom. There are some good resets/anti-mash setups you can do off of it, but for the most part the only options for combos were axe kick loops that were hard and inconsistent or just a basic combo that did no damage, and was hard to extend because the head was behind you. This is a real game changer.

Huffy made a headless combo a while ago that uses Nom with the head going in front of you.
Problem is that if you are facing left at the start of the combo Nom will fly behind you as normal (hence the second version of the combo).

Nice to have a consistent way of doing it though.

Huffy made a headless combo a while ago that uses Nom with the head going in front of you.
Problem is that if you are facing left at the start of the combo Nom will fly behind you as normal (hence the second version of the combo).

Nice to have a consistent way of doing it though.
Huh... that's interesting. Tried the one I was doing but facing towards the left and it does make it slightly different. If you're facing left, you actually have to land the hit after nom releases them for it to work properly. c.MK has been the easiest to do this with for me. c.MP sorta works too but its been harder for me to use that consistently.

Last edited:
The old nom combos involved a version of that where you just did two HK Axe kick loops off nom. Glt had it posted somewhere. It was inconsistent as hell, and it was made harder by the fact that nom hits your opponent in all sorts of weird ways and it's hard to get the proper HK xx HK El Gato timing to do the next loop.

@RemiKz 's version is the defacto best thing to do imo

I'd learn how many hits nom is, and just count so you know when to side switch. I did this for certain DHCs in Marvel 3 so they'd work properly. It's actually a lot easier than it sounds

Made a few compilations of headless tech; burst Baits, resets and headless headless resets:

Reactions: Wenzel
So from what I can tell from those videos the jist of it is: you want to use the head to put them in hitstun to cover you while you cross em up?

Yeah, that and you can use the head to make normal resets safer (e.g. do a normal cross under reset but block and use the head, you get a safe cross under). You can also use the head to move the opponent out of the corner meaning headless is one of the few characters with corner crossups.

Here are a few ways to setup sliding/untechable knockdown as Headless Fortune in the corner:
From here you can go into FullBleed's corner safejumps pretty easily.

Here are some side-switch variants of the sliding knockdown routes: