• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Forum Problems and Feature Requests

Not sure if this is the best place to put it but I had tried logging in earlier and it rejected my password even though it is exactly the same. So after I got locked out I tried resetting my password which I did. So then I went to change my password I tried entering the password that was given to reset it but it apparently doesn't work because that password doesn't work. I am currently asking this since I am worried if I log back on again later I won't have a password to get me to log in.

Edit: Okay I got my password sorted, no problem here as of now.

Last edited:
For the record, if you ever do get locked out of your account or anything like that, you can always email admin@skullheart.com and I'll do my best to sort it.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
... Has that always been there? If that's always been there my palm is gonna make a permanent indent on my forehead.

JFC I never clicked on that button because it looked exactly like the alignment button, just a little messed up.
I could have been saving myself so much time.

Not gonna lie, I didn't know about this either.

I'll see if I can restore the strikethrough button at least, though.

OK, strikethrough is back next to the BIU buttons, and there is now a button for spoiler tags next to that.

Reactions: MysteriousJ
Would it be possible to make that button the drop down for spoiler, quote and code?

Unfortunately not. I also have no way of re-aligning the icon on the current menu. (I could remove that button entirely, but I'm not sure if people use the quote or code features)

yo vad you're not online on steam so i'll post it here but is it possible to create a quick/essential links section to the right of the Skullheart banner on the very top of the forum? (Above the search bar)

One of the annoyances I get when telling people where to go is that everything requires a bit of looking around, I think it would help if there was a window on the top right that had links to a few getting started guides on the game + regional steam groups/threads so people don't have to ask where to look for players all the time.

Above the search bar might be a bit difficult - I don't think there's any way of right-aligning the links that are there and I'm already of the opinion that there's too much stuff there.

I agree that it's a good idea, though. If I do put a link somewhere it'll probably be a link to this thread, which needs updating as well.

Is tagging people broken? I got tagged a bunch over the last few days, like here and there, without receiving any alerts.

I still receive Alerts for people posting whom I followed, and for people liking my posts.

I didn't ever change anything about the Alert stuff; still got "Alert me when someone tags me in a post" [x]ticked.

@Vadsamoht

untitled.PNG

Seems to be working for me. What else can you tell me about the posts that you aren't getting the alerts for? Are they in threads you're following? Ones you haven't read all of the posts in? etc.

I am not following any threads
I had not read the latest post in either of those two threads

Maybe it got hotfixed already?? I don't know

Someone tag me

Is there a way for me to continuously get notifications on a thread I'm following despite my inactivity in that thread? It's really bugging me.

Is there a way for me to continuously get notifications on a thread I'm following despite my inactivity in that thread? It's really bugging me.
Were you previously following that thread?

Were you previously following that thread?
I stop getting notifications from inactivity in a thread too, it's always in the 'subscription' section in Tapatalk though.
Doesn't exist here though.

Ex: Top right of this thread says 'Unwatch Thread' but I didn't get a notification from your post.

Alert Preferences:
Replies to a watched thread is checked.

What you've probably done:
1) Clicked a link from one of the alters for the thread, but not read up to the latest page in the thread)
2) Not clicked a link from an alert at all.​
Either way, the forum software thinks you don't care anymore and stops bugging you about the thread. To fix it you can:
1) Unfollow/refollow
2) If it was recent, track down the alert and click the link in it​

I was thinking about posting that, but I'm not 100% certain if it does reset or not, so I left it out.

UMMM,
something's up with the site logo on mobile.
image.jpg

I hate to say it, but that looks like a you-issue - I can't think of anything on our end that would cause that. I'd suggest clearing your cache (not sure how to do that on tapatalk) as a first step.

EDIT: had another look at the image and you aren't using tapatak (I misread). Your browser should still have some option to clear its cache, though.

Last edited:
YOUR WISH WAS CORRUPT, SO YOUR OWN CORRUPTION BEGINS.
You shouldn't have posted that...
4046336_f260.jpg

I kinda thought it was a me issue, but I also kinda thought it'd go away after I left the site, and it didn't.
This is what I get for digging up that ancient Native American burial ground, isn't it.

Can someone explain to me the "Hardware and Software Discussion" in the Bugs forum?
It seems really weird to talk about "This is my stick" in a Bug forum
I can sorta see a use for "Does my PC actually run this game, these are the specs:" or w/e, but those threads don't actually pop up ever?

It's also kinda confusing to have the two bug report places (Bugs/Hard-/Software, Beta and DLC Bugs) in entirely differing locations.

It is ALSO kinda confusing to me why it is called "..and DLC" - does that mean I should post Squigly Bugs in there, despite her not being in the Beta anymore for a year, due to her being a DLC Character?

This is roughly what I'd do:
- Rename the Subforums-Group "Skullgirls Beta" (under Tournaments and Matchmaking) to "Skullgirls Development"
- Rename the Subforum "Beta and DLC Bugs" to "Bug Reports", and create a new Subforum -within the 'Bug Reports' one- called "Bugs in the Endless Beta". Move all threads from "Bug Reports" into this new Subforum. Then move "Bug Reports" up one spot on the main page, so it's located above Beta Gameplay Discussion (as the most important part of "SG Development").
- Move all the Bug Reports from the "Bugs, Hardware and Software Discussion" subforum into the 'Bug Reports' forum.
- Rename "Bugs, Hardware and Software Discussion" to "Hardware and Software Talk" or something (Possibly: add the ability to Tag your threads as "Software", so the respective threads are easier to find)

This is a quick paintjob on how it would look:
g4irgw7k.jpg

It's less confusing for people, Mike has to click around fewer times, and useful threads like the "SkullMod" one are actually possible to find, rather than getting buried unter fourty "Lobbies are suck, here's a cleanup error, peacock is bug she can shoot me" posts.

It's not a big deal, but I've wondered why Training Diaries is in the Beginner Forum. The bulk of the diaries seem to be from experts/intermediates.
Maybe it should under Gameplay. Great job on the forum. It's one of the most active & fun ones that I visit.

Lots of stuff 3deep5me
I'll think about this and get back to you.
It's not a big deal, but I've wondered why Training Diaries is in the Beginner Forum. The bulk of the diaries seem to be from experts/intermediates.
Maybe it should under Gameplay.
I guess? The original intention was that it would be something used by beginners to get them posting about their gameplay without being told to learn wombo combo X before going online. My concern is that if we move it out of the beginner section then those people might not create threads there thinking that it's for good players only.

Most notably I think it doesn't really have a place elsewhere.

The Training Diaries are:
- One of the prime source of Gameplay talk on this Forum (So moving them out of the Gameplay section and tacking them onto "SG General" instead would be.. rather off)
- Large enough of a thing to warrant a subforum on their own (So dissolving the subforum and moving all the Diaries into Gameplay General would be a terrible idea)
- Not.. really.. large enough to warrant a forum on their own (In the end, most of the threads there get no replies - there's just a bunch of very active threads - many of the diaries (mine!) don't have any posts by other people and are just a 'personal blog' kinda thing)

The only real option aside from the "Beginner Forum" would be tacking them as a subforum onto "Gameplay General", which currently has a very nice list of clear subforums - Namely, all of them being for (future) playable characters, which that would ruin.

So .. yeah. I don't think that the Beginner Forum is the perfect place for the Diaries, but it's ~the best~.

So .. yeah. I don't think that the Beginner Forum is the perfect place for the Diaries, but it's ~the best~.
I want to have a link recommending that you make a training diary if you're having trouble with certain problems after going over how to not get the git gud response.
That might make them popular enough to warrant their own forum.
I really like them anyways.

Is there anyway to make it so that hitting "reply" adds the quoted text to the quick reply box in the bottom of the page? I'm sure SRK used to do that back when it was still on Xenforo so I don't think there's anything preventing Skullheart from having the same feature as well.

Is there anyway to make it so that hitting "reply" adds the quoted text to the quick reply box in the bottom of the page? I'm sure SRK used to do that back when it was still on Xenforo so I don't think there's anything preventing Skullheart from having the same feature as well.
That's exactly what it does for me right now. Are you using a mobile browser or something?

Unrelated side-note: The last upgrade also makes it so that you can select a bunch of text in a post and a 'reply' bubble will come up to it that only quotes that highlighted bit, which I think is cool.

Unrelated side-note: The last upgrade also makes it so that you can select a bunch of text in a post and a 'reply' bubble will come up to it that only quotes that highlighted bit, which I think is cool.
Amazing, my compliments to the programmer.
Also bless for the spoiler button.

I can't take credit for that - I was even surprised when I found out about it!