• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Fukua Introduced As 100% Real And Playable Character!

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
whatever.jpg

[prebreak]Decapre who?...[/prebreak]
Pulling out a mix-up for the ages, Lab Zero has chosen April Fool's Day to formally introduced Fukua, the culmination of the original, "Dark Filia," parody. The character is now an actual playable selection in the game, with moves and properties different than Filia!

According to Lab Zero, Fukua serves not only as a fun gag to mark the date, but also as a sort of, "test," for another palette swap character coming in the future, Robo Fortune.
Mike Z said:
mike_z_fukua.jpg
Some of the changes from Filia to Fukua include:

• Fukua has a double jump, but no airdash
  • Instead of Filia's drill, "projectile," Fukua now has a more traditional projectile that can also be used in the air, and allows for much more aggressive zoning than Filia
  • Fukua has a command throw that can be manually held for up to 120f, and it has 40 hits of armor during that time
  • Fukua has a level 5 that reverses the damage scaling, similar to Taokaka's taunt
  • Fukua does not have Filia hairball, but rather, a drill dash (Platonic Drillationship) move that has invincibility
  • Fukua does not have updo, or any other DP move
  • Fukua's supers include a fast multi-hit projectile, and an invincible, large hitbox move that ends in crumple

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit Mike.

I shouldn't be enjoying this so much!

Is it sad that this was so wonderful I wish it was real even though I hate Filia?

Reactions: Professor Icepick
Is it sad that this was so wonderful I wish it was real even though I hate Filia?
It is real, she's in the PC version today. The thing though is she just a one day thing of not?

It is real, she's in the PC version today. The thing though is she just a one day thing of not?

If shes a one day thing id understand as she is very hysterically put together. BUT with cleaner animations, VO and Balancing. YES PLEASE KEEP HER.

I really hope she will stay, after proper Beta run and balancing, of course. SG is notorious for its small roster, so there is nothing wrong with a little padding. And if someone will complain, you can just point your finger at Capcom and SNK with all their Evil Ryus and EX-characters.

Mike has said she's going to be staying in the game :^)))))
You better not be trolling me due to the date.

I'm done. I can't handle any of this. This rollercoaster of good news/shitty news with Lab Zero, combined with the amount of effort the small team does, my heart/mind can't keep pace. Lab Zero, please be a regular company or I will develop a medical condition that prevents me from watch any Lab Zero work.
Bad jokes aside, this is completely unexpected and amaizng. Good job Lab Zero people!

If she's kept will she be in the big band patch or eliza patch??

So Fukua is the first of many "dark version" characters we're getting right?

If she's kept will she be in the big band patch or eliza patch??
I imagine Big Band? All Fukua is missing is the announcer name call and possibly a few voice clips (and story mode in the event they plan to give her one).

I imagine Big Band? All Fukua is missing is the announcer name call and possibly a few voice clips (and story mode in the event they plan to give her one).

Naw, if they still need to give her a story we'll be seeing her with eliza

Naw, if they still need to give her a story we'll be seeing her with eliza
Yeah. Story requires a ton of new art and multiple language translations of the script. Story mode may happen for her, but not any time soon.

giphy.gif

I think you had this in plan a few weeks before April first didn't you Mike? lol

I believe I have found a new character to my team, this is going to be fun.

Wow I was afraid Robo-was going to suck because of the same animations but this. . .this has my hopes up

Reactions: CrossLegion
So, this gonna be real in the future? because that would be awesome, seriously.
She's on PC right now.

This seems less Evil Ryu and more Rare Akuma what with the fall on the one super causing an explosion and all that.

I know, but, its gonna stay like, forever or gonna be just today?
Yes, though she may get balanced.

my only question is will she be hitting consoles and when?

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I'd love it if Fukua becomes a permanent part of the roster, though I do agree that she needs a little cleaning up before she's ready for primetime. Maybe some new VOs (at least get rid of the Samson clips and give her a character select namedrop) and/or her own story mode.

I'd love it if Fukua becomes a permanent part of the roster, though I do agree that she needs a little cleaning up before she's ready for primetime. Maybe some new VOs (at least get rid of the Samson clips and give her a character select namedrop) and/or her own story mode.
she does have her own story, its just locked

If I could have a 2nd "Filia" on my team I'm for it so if she stays one bigger roster to look at 2 make the game better....so yeah hope she is staying and hitting consoles lol. Although like icepick said after a little cleaning first.

So anyone figured out all the palette references yet? Mike said that they are references to cheap clone characters from fighting games. So far I have:

2 - Mephisto
3 - ???
4 - Decepre
5 - ???
6 - Dark Lady
7 - Akuma
8 - ???
9 - Lilith
10 - Sean

EDIT: added Dark Lady

Last edited:
Reactions: Woofly
Choosing her or Filia locks out the other, and she pretty much just plays like a worse Filia with a vaguely Rose-like gameplan.

So I'm fine with this just being a one-day gag.

This character actually looks good though. What about Console? Anything?