• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua tech thread

Isn't that a BACKWARDS kara throw, though?

Also when you say "frame tight it" I assume you mean make it a difficult to block high/low?

Isn't that a BACKWARDS kara throw, though?

Also when you say "frame tight it" I assume you mean make it a difficult to block high/low?
NO

S hk there's a part where she donkey kicks. space it well and then throw and it'll work.

Also when i say frame tight. they'll visually look for the H shadow so then all you have to do is when you whiff it on purpose quickly c mk to catch them

I think 2HK into 236LP+LK is a better kara throw.

5HK is great for kara shadow, though.

s.mk cancel into throw is her best kara throw because you can get the most range off it. Both s.hk and cr.hk have a active hit box before they start to move so you cant kara throw without whiffing the move somehow.

Reactions: Tomo009
s.mk cancel into throw is her best kara throw because you can get the most range off it. Both s.hk and cr.hk have a active hit box before they start to move so you cant kara throw without whiffing the move somehow.
Should have been obvious. 5MK is clearly the best option haha.

Fukua can put people from air hitstun to ground hitstun with air fireball. It's pretty easy on Double, but its really hard or impossible on other characters.

Fukua can put people from air hitstun to ground hitstun with air fireball. It's pretty easy on Double, but its really hard or impossible on other characters.
the only thing i found reliable was that i now seee you can combo into airball super. the air fireball resets in this is.........are not exactly something i would like to do but still work

Yea, my resets aren't very useful :/, but I put it in to give people ideas.

Fukua can do lk.Shadow after s.mp. I usually do something like:
s.hp, j.hk, s.hp, j.hp, j.hk, s.mp, lk.shadow, j.mk, j.hk, *cr.mp (burstbait)

Fukua can do lk.Shadow after s.mp. I usually do something like:
s.hp, j.hk, s.hp, j.hp, j.hk, s.mp, lk.shadow, j.mk, j.hk, *cr.mp (burstbait)
EXCELLENT FIND. i'll see what i can do with that and post a vid on tech.

i also have tech regarding.. squigly and fukua.

I assume it works cus as soon as lk.Shadow comes out, her big toe has hitbox.
I usually do her armored grab for ips burst on cr.mp (if they don't burst they usually fall in, but I think you can jump out) however I just thought of doing cr.mp, s.hk whiff fireball/armored grab to be out of range in case they do burst. Dunno yet

Edit: is s.hk whiff with filia/fukua called the Winnie? or am I mistaken

I assume it works cus as soon as lk.Shadow comes out, her big toe has hitbox.
I usually do her armored grab for ips burst on cr.mp (if they don't burst they usually fall in, but I think you can jump out) however I just thought of doing cr.mp, s.hk whiff fireball/armored grab to be out of range in case they do burst. Dunno yet

Edit: is s.hk whiff with filia/fukua called the Winnie? or am I mistaken
its been known about such burst. i'll test out the armoured grab and get back to you in a message telling the details

its been known about such burst. i'll test out the armoured grab and get back to you in a message telling the details
So I did some mild testing yesterday against Parasoul. Set her to jump and burst first hit. I had some wonky burst bait that's very difficult to replicate. Its IPS on her j.hk, but the thing is getting your j.hk to hit behind them, so when she bursts, you get "bursted" towards them instead of away from them. It's hella gross and I only did it thrice yesterday...I did sum'n like:
c.lk, cr.mp, s.hp, j.hk, s.hp, j.hp, j.hk, cr.mp, j.hk
Like I said, after some mild testing, I believe that first cr.mp is necessary to keep them high enough, so when you do your second cr.mp, you end up hitting them almost cross-up in air with j.hk. In reference to clocks, you'd normally hit someone at 7-11 o clock if they are on P2 side. The j.hk bait hits them at like, 2 o clock behind the head (if any of that makes sense).

But anywho, they can always jump out of cr.mp xx armor grab. Without trying to burst bait the cr.mp, I think you can j.lk, pause crossup j.mk. I think...

Also! I think burstbaiting cr.mp into armor grab lets them punish if they burst. I tried to armor through the burst and BFF as late as possible, in hopes of catching them before they fall to the ground, but I didn't have much success.

So I did some mild testing yesterday against Parasoul. Set her to jump and burst first hit. I had some wonky burst bait that's very difficult to replicate. Its IPS on her j.hk, but the thing is getting your j.hk to hit behind them, so when she bursts, you get "bursted" towards them instead of away from them. It's hella gross and I only did it thrice yesterday...I did sum'n like:
c.lk, cr.mp, s.hp, j.hk, s.hp, j.hp, j.hk, cr.mp, j.hk
Like I said, after some mild testing, I believe that first cr.mp is necessary to keep them high enough, so when you do your second cr.mp, you end up hitting them almost cross-up in air with j.hk. In reference to clocks, you'd normally hit someone at 7-11 o clock if they are on P2 side. The j.hk bait hits them at like, 2 o clock behind the head (if any of that makes sense).

But anywho, they can always jump out of cr.mp xx armor grab. Without trying to burst bait the cr.mp, I think you can j.lk, pause crossup j.mk. I think...

Also! I think burstbaiting cr.mp into armor grab lets them punish if they burst. I tried to armor through the burst and BFF as late as possible, in hopes of catching them before they fall to the ground, but I didn't have much success.
ok so i tested it. here's something you can do. thanks to new knowledge of the frame adv avalible for shadow after s mp. here's my burst bait find.

c lk > s hp > j mk > j hp > j hk > s mp > lk shadow > C MP(IPS trigger) s hk > Drill H.

here's the interesting part. you can choose your options. you can either..... Drill super for some reason.

you can BFF for combo ability OR you can fireball super for oki reasons.

Apparently fukua is a a sea of resets. its even in her shadows. so question in general can a burst be like 2-3 frame window? cause i was testing with mayor of earth and apparently my new burst bait is a funky one.

if you mis time it you literally get a free cmd throw if you timed it correctly and they burst they'll get punished for free.
if you time it correctly but don't burst you get hard knockdown and allows for shadows

Isn't there something like if you are still in hitstun after 90f, you will get a safe burst? or something like that?

No idea what you're asking

One can burst at any time one is in hitstun off a burstable normal, so the burst window is generally ~20f

Isn't there something like if you are still in hitstun after 90f, you will get a safe burst? or something like that?
one of you can i invite to training mode and do some extensive testing? if not i will replicate what i was doing late at night. cause i might've been fishing for something too long.

I've been telling people that you can combo off the air grab finally some evidence. Didn't know you can do it midscreen too though.

I haven't figured it out either. It seems to just work sometimes

Throw conversion (possibly unoptimized)

so i learned how to do it consistently. use Lp+Mp version to successfully do it

so here's my conversion

plz someone optimize this @Tomo009
@IsaVulpes

Edit: so fully optimized you can get 4560

so after air super

s hp > j hk > c mp > s hp > j hp > j hk > c lp > c mk(3)> s hk > drill H

Last edited:
I've been telling people that you can combo off the air grab finally some evidence. Didn't know you can do it midscreen too though.
You could always show them this, since this was where I learned it from: http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/fukua-conversions.3261/
The midscreen one is really hard to do and might not work on everyone.

what's the EXACTLY requirements for this to work?
The only way it works is by doing the lp+mp version as soon as the throw is over. The timing on it is really strict.

Seriously? I rarely ever get it. Usually takes me at least five tries and that is pretty much luck.

so in actuality you don't even have to time it that strong
Even though there's a buffer, the timing is still strict. Well, imo that is.

Even though there's a buffer, the timing is still strict. Well, imo that is.
its at the point where she going to slam the opponent down that you do the input.

since i play pad sometimes its flaky since it will read that i plinked when i wanted super so i get a fireball startup into fireball super

That was the sexiest thing i have seen all day time to hit the lab

Here's a mid screen burst bait
it doesn't work on big Band or double though cause they have giant burst hitboxes

If they aren't mashing burst, won't you get hit by the burst?

ok so i just tested it out on a human player. no if they don't mash you well get hit by the delayed burst but seeing as i burst baited him 6/7 times i succeeded at the combo i don't think that matters much

ok so i just tested it out on a human player. no if they don't mash you well get hit by the delayed burst but seeing as i burst baited him 6/7 times i succeeded at the combo i don't think that matters much

Sure, but was he mashing for those 6 out of 7 times? Or are you saying that it doesn't always hit if the opponent delays the burst? Most good players will delay their burst, wait for a safe place to burst, or not burst at all unless it's really obvious that they aren't going to be baited. A burst bait like this won't work against a character unless 1) the opponent has a good air-to-air reversal that they tend to use, or 2) the opponent is mashing buttons instead of blocking or reacting. The success rate of your burst bait doesn't hold much meaning if the person you're testing it on isn't very good at the game, no offense to whoever that person may be.

I usually test all of my burst baits in training mode by playing as the character getting baited rather than my own team. For example, let's say I want to test out an idea for a Parasoul burst bait. I'll play as some random character such as Ms. Fortune and pick Parasoul to be the computer player. This way I can record the Parasoul combo, finish off with a burst bait, then play it back while figuring out how I might deal with the scenario as the opponent rather than as myself. This also let's me choose exactly when to burst, which is very important when testing burst baits.

Sure, but was he mashing for those 6 out of 7 times? Or are you saying that it doesn't always hit if the opponent delays the burst? Most good players will delay their burst, wait for a safe place to burst, or not burst at all unless it's really obvious that they aren't going to be baited. A burst bait like this won't work against a character unless 1) the opponent has a good air-to-air reversal that they tend to use, or 2) the opponent is mashing buttons instead of blocking or reacting. The success rate of your burst bait doesn't hold much meaning if the person you're testing it on isn't very good at the game, no offense to whoever that person may be.

I usually test all of my burst baits in training mode by playing as the character getting baited rather than my own team. For example, let's say I want to test out an idea for a Parasoul burst bait. I'll play as some random character such as Ms. Fortune and pick Parasoul to be the computer player. This way I can record the Parasoul combo, finish off with a burst bait, then play it back while figuring out how I might deal with the scenario as the opponent rather than as myself. This also let's me choose exactly when to burst, which is very important when testing burst baits.
If some one delays the burst it won't work (I couldn't think of a way to test it out on myself until you told me). Yes he was mashing. But im not always going to be burst baiting some time i grab reset or or reset with a low/high hit. most of these can fail if the opponent is mashing a super or grab so if i think they'll be mashing i'll burst bait. but that doesn't matter cause the very first post of this thread renders mine obsolete and i need to learn how to read

Reactions: Skullmageddon
In the new beta patch, Fukua lost her air fireball combos :( , but now she can combo a L air fireball off of an air throw. I'll try and upload a video demonstrating this tonight.