• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua tech thread

Sorry for the double post, but here it is.

Here's an ambiguous crossup off a blocked HK shadow. You gotta dash jump to land on the other side of them, timing when you press HK is what makes it cross up or not.

Edit: It does lose to pushblock tho. No idea if it's character specific too lazy to test.

Reactions: RAT__BABY
Here's an ambiguous crossup off a blocked HK shadow. You gotta dash jump to land on the other side of them, timing when you press HK is what makes it cross up or not.

Edit: It does lose to pushblock tho. No idea if it's character specific too lazy to test.
i tested it. it can also lose to PBGC or just plain ol mashing. big band rekts this easy

Reactions: Natezer
Oh no I made a gimmick. ;-;

Thanks for testing that.

Reactions: Cadenza
Yo. Here's a reset I found the other day.

Dunno if it was posted before already and the timing can be tricky. Doesn't work on BB and Squigly.

Can we just talk about how Fukua j.hk - land and call updo l - Hk shadow is unfa......i mean completely ok (Gets beaten by armor, but is pretty much evil (low/throw/high setup safe except against ssj, PW level 3, and hp lnl cancel USS

Edit j.hk sorry for a typo

Last edited:
Can we just talk about how Fukua j.hp - land and call updo l - Hk shadow is unfa......i mean completely ok (Gets beaten by armor, but is pretty much evil (low/throw/high setup safe except against ssj, PW level 3, and hp lnl cancel USS
what on earth are you talking about? that's not even......forget it.

what on earth are you talking about? that's not even......forget it.
Is this not a tech thread? If not ill remove my post, I think I tested the setup though. J.hk stun on hit gives enough time to call updo on landing and then go to hk shadow. If the down back the get hit by shadow, if they mash anything that has invincibility, thats why there is the updo coming out where its invincibility frames will hit the super or mash (needs very good timing, but practice makes evil setups work i guess?) Oh and if they block everything its safe

Is this not a tech thread? If not ill remove my post, I think I tested the setup though. J.hk stun on hit gives enough time to call updo on landing and then go to hk shadow. If the down back the get hit by shadow, if they mash anything that has invincibility, thats why there is the updo coming out where its invincibility frames will hit the super or mash (needs very good timing, but practice makes evil setups work i guess?) Oh and if they block everything its safe
change j hp to j hk. then cause i was looking at it and was like. "here we go with the typical bullshit that makes no sense"
its an ok set up but its nothing to write home about because of the simple fact of using frame knowledge to know what the opponent will most likely go for.

Reactions: hollywoodmike
HK clone is easily reactable, so it doesn't seem that potent unless the idea is that the assist is a distraction or something

Edit: Of course, being a distraction is pretty reasonable
But it would surely lose effectiveness if it's done repeatedly since that makes it less disorienting

change j hp to j hk. then cause i was looking at it and was like. "here we go with the typical bullshit that makes no sense"
its an ok set up but its nothing to write home about because of the simple fact of using frame knowledge to know what the opponent will most likely go for.
What you said applies to almost all setups, if not all of them. Why does that discount that this is safe on block, easy to push block bait with, can hit overhead, is anti mash capable and gets a free conversion of either updo or hk shadow hit. I dont see how that is bad or even lackluster in any sense. In every setup you have to make a guess, whether or not the setup is safe for the user is generally not always considered

HK clone is easily reactable, so it doesn't seem that potent unless the idea is that the assist is a distraction or something

Edit: Of course, being a distraction is pretty reasonable
But it would surely lose effectiveness if it's done repeatedly since that makes it less disorienting

The amount of hitstun j.hk gives times the unchaining of the combo to when: updo is a few frames from being active or is even active depending when you call it and hk shadom being towards the end or even starting active frames

What you said applies to almost all setups, if not all of them. Why does that discount that this is safe on block, easy to push block bait with, can hit overhead, is anti mash capable and gets a free conversion of either updo or hk shadow hit. I dont see how that is bad or even lackluster in any sense. In every setup you have to make a guess, whether or not the setup is safe for the user is generally not always considered

Look here's my gripe with the set up. Updo is a mid. Of course it is. then you got HK shadow. Cool you block high. once the person pushblocks you can't grab and you can then block low due to absolute guard.
unless mixups upon landing. but that's already covered. you basically just gave a typical anti mash set up yes?
I dunno its a cool find but i guess i can just wait and hope for something that's applicable on a solo basis rather than (GIVE ME H LNL OR UPDO or PILLAR)

Well for fukua solo tech i would say whiff canceling s.hk and other normals to shadows is very good for controlling space and for punishing things opponents generally think are safe (due s.hk's intial backwards movement and then final forwards momentum, you can easily mess with an opponents approach, or play a very erratic neutral game

Last edited:
@Dreamepitaph
can I get a link to that fukua guide you posted in one of the threads. Forgot what thread it was and I never got a chance to look at it.

I found this reset ^.^ I have no idea if it is a good one but it's a thing ^.^

Not a good one, no. Nobody would mash there (has no purpose, you can't do a reset after the sliding knockdown), and if they don't then you just spend a bar and THEN they're gonna mash, which means.. you just spent a bar.

You could try a similar thing with a slightly more spaced c.MK (or c.LK), which you chain into s.HK xx Shadow (s.HK moves you backward at first, so if you cancel it into shadow early, you never get to the forward-moving portion); it might move you out of the bursts range and at least here you don't spent a meter

burst into BFF is a b*** of a timing and is character specific. Stay away from those BBs

Here is a little compilation of what I learned to do with Fukua in my first 3 weeks on Skullgirls.
(This video is of course by a beginner for beginners)

I know these "combos" are not "full combos", but I don't have the word in English to define what compose a combo.

Shit ton of stuff
1st vid= the typical fukua vortex. thanks for the vid tho.

2nd vid= Interesting. did you do this in beta or retail? cause i don't believe it works in beta.

3rd vid= Specific timing and most times you'll prolly wont be optimizing much but Ok.

4th vid= can be air poked out of by some characters so why bother?! although its kinda cool.

5th vid= cool flashy one.

2nd vid= Interesting. did you do this in beta or retail? cause i don't believe it works in beta..
Retail only.

3rd vid= Specific timing and most times you'll prolly wont be optimizing much but Ok.
The timing is easy.

4th vid= can be air poked out of by some characters so why bother?! although its kinda cool.
You can't air poke the 7 way.

@Meiynas the 4th vid i'm almost dead honest sure you can but Ok if you say so. i can't test it since i'm cleaning out my PC. also you should mention the weights it works on and what it doesn't work on.

the 3rd vid let me be specific and to the point. this works on lights only yes? i can imagine eliza slipping out and stuff.

overall its cool stuff that's mostly been seen since the release on fukua i'm just glad someone other than me is willing to actually record this stuff.

@Meiynas why are you so god like
He spends time in training mode.

I know, it must feel weird to hear about people who spends lots of time doing something else than dropping combos in laggy quickmatch. You'll be okay, the induced PTSD shouldn't last too long.

Reactions: Cadenza
@Meiynas the 4th vid i'm almost dead honest sure you can
You can't air poke, 4 last way per exemple if your timing is OK.

also you should mention the weights it works on and what it doesn't work on.
1) Test it on all char.
2) Tadaa, you know it now. (Squigly/Fukua/Filia/Bella/Peacock)
(The perfect timing is chara spé)

the 3rd vid let me be specific and to the point. this works on lights only yes? i can imagine eliza slipping out and stuff.
That's work on Filia, Fukua, Bella, Squigly and Peacock (it's a bit harder on Peacock).
And you can doing it with 1 to 6 hits with j.MP and you can doing it without j.MP with c.MP c.HP M-Shadow j.HK. (if you delayed j.HK) (This variation is harder on Bella and Peacock)

Last edited:
You can't air poke, 4 last way per exemple if your timing is OK.

1) Test it on all char.
2) Tadaa, you know it now. (Maybe, test it only on lights ;))
didn't i say i was cleaning out my PC? so that's why i asked you!!!!!!

TL;DR: once i'm done cleaning out my PC and backing everything up i'll do the testing myself to see if this is even slightly practical. i'm sure it is but seeing you mess up the application in one of the skullbats makes me worried.

i'm sure it is but seeing you mess up the application in one of the skullbats makes me worried.
#Stress

You can ask @dragonos451 ; after our skullbats match, I did it without fail. (It's really easy, I'm just bad when I'm stressed)

So for meterless conversions off of throw midscreen this is what I have:
Must have cilia slide assist (double)
so there are two methods of converting (some methods are easier on certain characters then others)
1.) Throw, call assist, H.drill, s.hp, Combo
2.) Throw, call assist, lk shadow, s.hp, Combo

Also note that the only benefit of doing this is to conserve meter or if you don't have meter it allows you to still convert freely. Using BFF for the conversion does not scale the combo after throws so......

Last edited:
So some cool resets I have been testing:
1.) combo.... s.lp, wait like 0.5 seconds, tender embrace
2.) combo..... cr.mp, wait like 0.5 seconds, jump, grab

I mash tested these and found that there are alternatives to make these mash proof and to make these very very safe.. If you suspect your opponent is mashing super for #1 just use armor grab (unless they are mashing 360 grab with bella then your out of luck). For #2 if they mash super in most cases they will whiff so you can just punish them. They are very simple resets but my god are they effective :^)

idk if this will be of any use but here:

idk if this will be of any use but here:
Turn on tech in the options, most of those are not legitimate. And most of those that are legitimate aren't really confirms, in the sense that you couldn't react to them hitting, you would only super if you KNEW the opponent as doing something.

The long range LK shadow one is probably useful and confirmable, but M/H shadow you could just approach behind and confirm meterlessly.

Reactions: Ikkisoad
many of these "confirms" in your video have BFF hitting on a blue bounce.