• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua's Original Combos

Here, nothing special at all, haven't looked at the combos in this thread. This is just my damage BnB with decent reset points and my style BnB with okay reset opportunities. I haven't spent a lot of time doing combo theory with her in training yet, only some tech stuff, I dev'd my combos on the fly in all the matches I've played and I mostly freestyle with whatever strings, but these two I've fleshed out and use the most.

I reset so much you hardly see them all start to finish anyways.

Video is private, cannot view it haha
Figures i'd miss that eventually, i thought i hit the publish button when i switched it to public... Fixed.

raw tag combo with squigs getting 7k. GREAT for when squigs is getting low and almost full damage despite a tag-in. NOTE: For fortune/painwheel, you need to do a tiny buffer dash when you hit the ground so the 2 s.lk work or else it'll be just 6.9k. Each version of the combo has it's pros and cons. ill get to em later

Peacok most likely can do something like this too.

Reactions: gllt
hmm that's interesting, I mean a fireball isn't much damage to tack on and if they wait for the fireball to hit they'll get a safe burst, but interesting nonetheless

Pretty much, but you can catch people trying to tech late if they forget that you havn't used your OTG yet. If your initial BFF is OTG, then they cannot burst at all and just get two different timings to tech from. The fireball still meaties the 2nd opportunity to backtech, but if they're not confident in their ability to block whatever you do next they can just not tech and wake up with their 365 undizzy still there.

yeah the meaty on back tech is what makes it interesting to me haha. I guess it mostly becomes a forward tech/neutral wakeup decision for them.

it mostly becomes a forward tech/neutral wakeup decision for them.

Call an assist to cover the forward tech too, maybe. MGR, cilia slide, LShot, lnl, a George, hairball maybe?

Still poking around, this time refining the combos MikeZ wanted feedback on from the General thread to give people a visual reference if they don't want to bother doing the combo themselves. The midscreen one is barely changed since i didn't go for counterhit, just completed, and the corner setup is very likely to be character-specific. I don't think the rebouncing looks too bad myself, but that's just me.

Reactions: Number 13 and Mr. X
An find a way to kill with CH Lv5?

Or a stacked CH Lv5?

Nah if you can tolerate barrel loops and the like then the stinger loops is fine especially since it isn't optimal, but purely for style.

not super optimal but her is a fun conner combo using c.mp in the starting chain.

sorry about the quality but its the best I cant do.

An find a way to kill with CH Lv5?
10 slight variations in timing and path, coming right up. Details are in the annotations, hopefully they'll appear correctly. Squigly can't pushblock the chipdeath (it makes it easier!), but she can alpha-counter out of it. That's the closest i was able to get for her.

Reactions: Mr. X
Oh cool! We can do new stuff. I think the bounce combos feel fine imo.

I really like the new 2xL chains, in a real match feels much better now and more on the same vein of the other characters in the game.

Last edited:

Another stylish route, imo.

Hi, I tried for damage today.

Video might have dropped a couple of frames? But nowhere/nothing too important.

cLK cMP cHP jHK sHP jHP jHK cMP cHP Dash cLP cHP HDrill BFF cLK cMP cHP HDrill

HELP HELP!!! Need optimization help! Anyone?

P.S. The H, M, L Versions of the shadow clone move do damage respective to their level...with H being the most damaging and L being the lowest. That's why i use it in the beginning too....so perhaps M version can be used later & setup for the drill kick super

Done, second combo in. Finishing it with HK-Drill to Dream Drill cracks the 8k mark with 8058 damage! Also got a new non-counterhit ToD (with some damage to spare) off Head Over Heels now, though it still requires the corner.

Reactions: Mr. X

Sorry for quality and lack of audio. I goofed.

cLK cMP cHP HClone jHK sHP jHP jHK cMP cHP Dash cLP cHP HDrill BFF cLK cMP cHP HDrill SDrill
cLK cMP cHP HClone jHK sHP jHP jHK cMP cHP Dash sMK cHP HDrill SDrill

Sorry for quality and lack of audio. I goofed.

cLK cMP cHP HClone jHK sHP jHP jHK cMP cHP Dash cLP cHP HDrill BFF cLK cMP cHP HDrill SDrill
cLK cMP cHP HClone jHK sHP jHP jHK cMP cHP Dash sMK cHP HDrill SDrill
What's the damage without the second super? It's too blurry for me. The qualityyyyyyyy :(

What's the damage without the second super? It's too blurry for me

7483 damage

Fukua 8k combo:

cr.lk > cr.mp > cr.hp > Hk Forever a clone > j.hk > s.mk > s.hp > j.hp > j.hk > s.lk(x2) > s.hp > j.mk > j.hk > s.lp > s.lk > cr.mk > cr.hp > Hk Drill > drill super

Cant make a video sorry would be crappy quality anyway, this should be 7.9-8k if I remember right just replace the last cr.hp with s.hk if you are close to the corner.

Fukua 8k combo:

cr.lk > cr.mp > cr.hp > Hk Forever a clone > j.hk > s.mk > s.hp > j.hp > j.hk > s.lk(x2) > s.hp > j.mk > j.hk > s.lp > s.lk > cr.mk > cr.hp > Hk Drill > drill super

Cant make a video sorry would be crappy quality anyway, this should be 7.9-8k if I remember right just replace the last cr.hp with s.hk if you are close to the corner.
I think i got a combo that's something i can finally be proud of lol. It's universal* NOTES: On all heavy characters (except big band) just wait after the opponent hits the ground to start the input. If you do it immediately it'll miss with heavy characters. So just wait a tiny bit.

7.7k BnB - 1 Bar
(also showing basic bnb at 7.6k & 8.3k 2 meter bnb un-optimized)

Feast Your eyes:

The funny thing...? Idk even know how optimized it is.

Last edited:
A better 1 meter than mine but my 2 meter hits 8.6k, though idk if mine is universal.

I'll have to explore your 1 meter route tomorrow, Nuuance.

edit: 8002 damage by replacing one normal (also adds a reset point)

My first experiment did 7965 damage I'm loving this character even more.

I figured her ground normals hit harder so stay there longer:

2LK 2MP 2HP xx 214HK
dash
5MK 2HP xx 214MK
super jump
j.HP j.HK
2MP 5HP
j.MK j.HK
5LP 5LK 2MK 2HP xx 236HK xx 236KK

Someone smarter than me can probably optimize this better, but I've got a nice simple universal (except maybe BB, haven't tested on him yet) that hits for about 7.6k. I know, for example, that you can link j.hk, s.hp, but haven't figured out a good way to use that yet.

starter chain of choice, s.hp
j.hk
s.mk, s.hp
j.hp, j.hk
s.lp, c.mp, c.hp xx hk clone (depending on weight class, you'll need to change the timing of the cancel)
dash
c.lk, c.mk, c.hp xx hk drill xx canon spike super

6661 damage
Mostly for the no-OTG swag

Did you try to get an H clone in there?

@Tomo009 very niceee :) so your combo is edited for 8k? Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if she was Nerfed a bit...but then again she doesn't have a DP....still, she seems interesting

Also is this universal??? And are you sure? For the first shadow move, timing is a bit different on heavies I'm assuming or no?

Last edited:
Got an 8k mid screen and an 8.3k corner combo. Both combos are universal, but the corner combo is harder on Double, Big Band, Peacock, and Squigly.

Midscreen:

Notation - c.lk > c.mp > s.hp > hk FaC > j.hk > s.hp > j.hp > j.hk > c.mp > c.hp > mk FaC > j.lp > j.hk > s.lp > s.lk > c.mk > c.hp > hk Drill > Drill super

Corner:

Notation - c.lk > s.mk > c.hp > lk FaC > s.hk > hk FaC > s.mk > s.hp > j.hp > j.hk > c.mp > c.hp > mk FaC > s.lp > s.lk > c.mk > s.hk > hk Drill > Drill super

If the quality is to bad and you need me to wright the notations for both just ask.

Last edited:
@winnie you're super cool but your computer makes me rage. Legitimately. Gotta see if it works on all heavies fine without timing adjustments

Anyways I'll have to try yours and tomo's 8k'ers. I feel a bit sadface for not coming up with them but heyy, I had credit in the first chain, despite someone probably figuring it out anyways lol.

The only thing that kinda worries me is the c.mp after the j.hk (@winnie) and that on heavy characters/hitstun being long enough to do it comfortably.

Also what do you mean it's harder on those other characters. Tell us what's different jeez lol

Did you try to get an H clone in there?
No clones or anything. It was just to see how practical it was to get the loops with no OTG.
Obviously there are different (read: better, easier) routes you could take that would utilize clones (see @winnie).

Didn't feel like typing it you but you asked so I will. the difference between the corner combos on heavies (Double and Big Band) is you have to use the otg after s.hp > hk Forever a clone and not use an otg after c.mp > c.hp > mk FaC.

As for Peacock and Squigly the hk FaC will whiff for no reason so I need to finda a better combo for those two.

Sorry @Nuuance But thats the best I can do for quality its bad but at least you can see the combo and not just read it.

Your video quality may be low, but the ideas were inspiring. I managed to further optimize them, cracking 8.6k in the corner! The midscreen one is still universal, and the slightly-weaker heavies corner variant only works on Big Band with extremely tight timing. I've capped the vid off with some style tech i found while tinkering, too.

@Tomo009 very niceee :) so your combo is edited for 8k? Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if she was Nerfed a bit...but then again she doesn't have a DP....still, she seems interesting

Also is this universal??? And are you sure? For the first shadow move, timing is a bit different on heavies I'm assuming or no?
Confirmed to work on:

The whole cast.

Only 2 slightly things to remember.

On Fortune/Fillia/Fukua the final 5LP 5LK string will whiff if you hit them standing, either time it to him them in the air or do a different light to 5LK.

On Double you have to walk forward 1 step jump forward after MK shadow instead of super jumping.

@winnie @TheGamaniac

I'm having trouble hitting your combo on some characters / from ranges other than absolute point blanc, is there something I'm missing?

Last edited:
If you mean the cr.MPHP starter, it may technically be universal but it's also fiddly. Sometimes you'll want to delay the cr.HP as much as possible so that they get dragged closer towards you for the followup j.HK, but if they fall too much you don't get enough height on the bounce and your HK-Shadow can whiff. As a rule i find it helps to wait to call the HK-Shadow until they've actually hit the floor for lightweights.

I was doing this one mostly for consistency in a match because c.LK, c.MP, c.HP hitconfirm means you have to be like right in their face for the c.MP to hit properly. Also prefer to not use up my ground bounce so I can get a hard knockdown off BFF if I choose that as an ender.

BFF ender did something something like 7.3k or 7.4k damage instead.

I've had no problems with 2MP confirms, it works from a pretty far distance, the problem I'm having is j.HK whiffing because of height/distance depending on when used. j.HK after HK shadow feel finicky to me.

The c.LK, c.MP, c.HP, HK clone is definitely finicky from a slight distance away. If the c.MP doesn't miss, the clone will. It's not a problem if you were touching the opponent prior to starting the c.LK though.