• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fun & Practice! The beginner matchmaking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I was actually kinda confused...it wasnt a brag..I get on SGs and I'm kinda in purgatory..either I jump in training mode, or i play ranked match..which half the time the ppl in ranked are WAY better....I feel like its either all or nothing..if I could find some true beginner/intermediates to play with I'd be happy..

oh okay, my fault then.

Hey people.
Had Skullgirls since around Encore's release, and I believe I'm pretty much above beginner, but bellow intermediate(I usually lose to anyone who knows what they're doing and have a decent game plan.). I've got decent offense I suppose, but pretty terrible defense and cannot handle extreme rushdown at all. I'm actually looking to remedy this, so anybody who plays aggressively is more than welcome(Especially if you play Filia and use Hornet Bomber assist.)

I live on the East Coast(Maryland), and am willing to play pretty much anyone, especially if you're better than me.

And in case they don't show:

Steam: AWP112
PSN: Saucer112

Sweet, a Maryland player. I live in MD too, in Baltimore. I'll add you on PSN, hope to get some games in soon. :)

I can play Fri (evening), Sat, Sun on PSN (when I visit my brother).
Bay Area, CA. I'm brand-new to the game, but have enjoyed fighting games for decades. Thanks!

I tried inviting some people in my region. Played one random person so far. No sign of any beginner lobbies yet on PSN, but I'll play other games a bit & check back in.

I sent out invites to most people in this thread. Just played a lot of matches w/a random person. Whew!
Still on today, thanks.

Looking for a Sensei to hep me step up my game, been playing for a few months and I'm still getting my ass handed to me quite alot. I spend much of my time on XBLA and don't visit steam as often. I've had a good number of wins and consider myself a top-level beginner or bottom-level intermediate, but sometimes I still don't know what to do.

I'm mostly interested in practicing my anti air skills (specifically against Instant Air Dashes) and learning how to beat Fukua, Peacock (when she has a DP assist anyway), and Cerebella. I've got other faults two, but these are my first and main focuses.

Just send me a friend request on Xbox Live or Steam and message me that you saw my post here and that you have time to help out.

Last edited:
Weekend's here, so if you want a fellow PSN beginner to practice with (Bay Area, CA), please invite.
I tried inviting people from here & no one responded. XD
Maybe I'll try this PSN Skullbats thing today as well...

A week has passed, and I'm on PSN today. Feel free to invite me to some matches, and I'll try keep trying to play someone on Skullheart for my first time (been trying for a few weeks).

Last edited:
Reactions: Israel
A week has passed, and I'm on PSN today. Feel free to invite me to some matches, and I'll try keep trying to play someone on Skullheart for my first time (been trying for a few weeks).
Well I think your call might be answer my friend.

PSN: Ipals_Shaolin

I just seen the invites,so sorry if its too late I was in training room and have my notification turn off as well lol.

No problem. I guess people play during the week more... I tried about 15 people in Skullheart a few times. Heh, oh well. There's always next weekend, Lord willing.

GGs Israel! You really have some nice combos w/your team. Squigs seems to take a lot of skill to use. You were the first person on Skullheart I've gotten matches with.
Our connection seemed OK. What region are you in? I'm in the US (CA).
I tried a variety of 1,2 & 3 person teams w/three mains. We seemed evenly matched, though I've never been able to execute long combos in many years of fighting games.

Relatively new to the game and looking for people to play with. Am located in Eastern-ish Europe.
< - Steam should be somewhere over here.

GGs Israel! You really have some nice combos w/your team. Squigs seems to take a lot of skill to use. You were the first person on Skullheart I've gotten matches with.
Our connection seemed OK. What region are you in? I'm in the US (CA).
I tried a variety of 1,2 & 3 person teams w/three mains. We seemed evenly matched, though I've never been able to execute long combos in many years of fighting games.

GGs to you as well.Yea squigs does take a little bit of skill to play her.I'm on the East Coast (Georgia).The connection did seem pretty good for the most part,but at the end it got a little choppy(I'll check on my side to see if I can make it better for us.)

For the time being those 3 will be my team,but I got an eye out for Big Band & Fukua.For the most part we're evenly matched,but it would seem your more fundamentally sound than I am......I just like to press buttons lol

I'm up for any match, I'm on the US Eastern coast.

Hey guys. I am new to Skullgirls, and I would be interested if anyone would like to play against me, or teach me anything. I am from the Caribbean, so lower US East and such I can play with no problem.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/nemacro/

Hey all, Sinister here and if anyone wishes to sharpen up or even wants to do some sparring, Tomorrow night, hit me up on Steam or I'll open a room.

Bonus points if you have Skype.

I can do must characters with the exception to Double (Relearning), Parasoul (Never liked her), and Painwheel (Relearning)

The others, I'm respectable with.

I'm looking for ps3 players to play sets with

Nema, great work today on training. More next time and anyone on the PC looking to get better or learn more, Hit me up and I'll schedule some time to train ya!

Hey. Currently trying to find someone to practice with at the moment. I play only on ps3 - message me ur psn or post here if interested.

Hey there,
I am looking for some that I can train with. I haven't got much experience in fighting games. Living in West-Europe.
I am currently trying to understand Big Band, so if anyone can help with that or just wants to train with me, add me! :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CaballerodelaElectronica

Last edited:
Hello Everyone

The last time I played Skullgirls was about a year ago. I would say I am still at beginner level. I'm looking for beginners or more experienced to play with. I downloaded Encore last night on my PS3.

PSN: ozmanlove

I live in South East UK. I work full-time, so weekdays I'm not normally available to play. However, I'm on holiday this week!.

Feel free to add me.

Cheers.

Hello Everyone

The last time I played Skullgirls was about a year ago. I would say I am still at beginner level. I'm looking for beginners or more experienced to play with. I downloaded Encore last night on my PS3.

PSN: ozmanlove

I live in South East UK. I work full-time, so weekdays I'm not normally available to play. However, I'm on holiday this week!.

Feel free to add me.

Cheers.

Soooo lucky....I work today...I'm telling you.

I.
want.
to.
quit.

I'll add you.

anyone wanna play? add me on steam "ArtehFX". im available pretty much any day. region: middle east. could play with anyone though. (preferred europe)

Soooo lucky....I work today...I'm telling you.

I.
want.
to.
quit.

I'll add you.

Cool man. I'll look out for you.

Good playing you again, Israel. Though I had four hours of sleep and was really tired & a bit mashy as a result. At least I kept you on your toes with zoning a bit. Next time I'll try to get some time in Training so I can improve more & have longer combos. Still deciding between Band, Peacock, Fukua, and & now Fortune on who to focus on. Maybe I should try Bella or Filia as well...

Almost forgot, the PW, Bella & Val you fought were my brother playing. Had to take a break at one point. XD
Looking forward to the weekend already.

Wow! It would seem your brother has potential as well and yea just spent like an hour or two in training mode to get down some basic BnB for your character(s).......they don't need to be optimal of course.

For those of us not at EVO or even able to watch the stream- I'm on PSN today & tommorow. W.Coast US.
Thanks!

Lookin' for more people to fight! I live in Eastern USA, but I've fought many people in the West Coast with pretty decent ping. I have only had bad ping with hotels... >w>

Steam: FurryZA

Fyte mew? :3 I'm ready and waiting at all times!

New to Skullgirls and looking to level up. Playing a solo Parasoul for now, so add me if you want to play! (I'll add some of you, too)

Am I still a beginner?
I've spent 60+ hours now, but anyone looking for someone to train with can add me.
I play either BB or Big-Cock
Edit:
Just to be clear I'm from Asia but my matches are pretty smooth up to the 200s. 300s on the other hand start to get too choppy.
Matches from Europe are more like Microsoft PowerPoint; Skullgirls Edition.

Last edited:
I added you Fumako :3 I'd love to play ya!

Hi, I'm new to the game (bought it during Steam Summer Sale '14) and the FGC in general. Currently still at the stage of figuring out the chars with solo, either Filia or Valentine (but mostly Val).

I'm from Southeast Asia though, so I'm expecting bad ping with most in the thread :/

Status
Not open for further replies.