• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fun & Practice! The beginner matchmaking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to the game (bought it during Steam Summer Sale '14) and the FGC in general. Currently still at the stage of figuring out the chars with solo, either Filia or Valentine (but mostly Val).

I'm from Southeast Asia though, so I'm expecting bad ping with most in the thread :/

There are groups of players from Korea, Australia and Indonesia that I know of, so maybe consider hitting one of those up if you can't find anyone here.

New to fighters games in general. Would love to have somebody to play with to try and learn the game! I live in western Europe but I'm able to play even with 200 ping so feel free to add me.

There are groups of players from Korea, Australia and Indonesia that I know of, so maybe consider hitting one of those up if you can't find anyone here.

Looks like many of those are either barely active or mostly people who can totally wipe the floor with me. sigh..

I'm from Southeast Asia too! So add me if you need someone to play with.

Added!

The Korean group is certainly gdlk. If you're a beginner then there are certainly people in the AU group that are beginners or willing to help beginners.

I'm looking for ps3 players to play sets with

It was good to finally play you last weekend, but I left pretty quickly because I thought it wouldn't be much fun since your skill level was so much higher. I guess you've gone from beginner to high-itermed/expert in a short amount of time. Nicely done.

Looking for some new players to get around and play/practice with, please add me on steam (Elekzor)
I am from northen Europe so will have good ping with basically everyone from Europe.
Did play some fighting games before Skullgirls on Xbox/PS3 but that is ages ago :3

Looking for fellow fairly new players to play with! Getting bored playing with myself in singleplayer, and I get demolished in any public match. My PSN name CheisGuy! I'm usually available to play whenever, unless I've got other plans (in which case I'll let you know I can't play.)

DISCLAIMER: I am utter crap at this game so p-please be gentle, player-kun.

Looking for fellow fairly new players to play with! Getting bored playing with myself in singleplayer, and I get demolished in any public match. My PSN name CheisGuy! I'm usually available to play whenever, unless I've got other plans (in which case I'll let you know I can't play.)

I can play weekends & am high-beginner-ish. What region are you?
What's this... the weekend is here! :PUN:

I'm not exactly new, but I can play with you!
The ping might reach up to 25+ but the matches should be fairly smooth.
Unless you're from Europe...
I'm Mid-High beginner-ish but ps3 somehow drains me of my skills so my ps3 skills would be low-mid beginner.
I can play as long as you send me a message here on skullheart. :)

I can play weekends & am high-beginner-ish. What region are you?
What's this... the weekend is here! :PUN:
I'm east coast! :D

Is your ping good?
I have a ping of 6 ms

Ping doesn't work like that, I think. AFAIK, GGPO is a peer-to-peer connection, so ping changes depending on how far the person you connect to is. 6ms is REALLY good, and is probably some local connection. the only way you guys can know for sure is to connect to each other and find out.

anyone wanna play, lower intermediate level from middle east. would prefer playing with europeans or middle east (if there are any)

So I'm looking to get better, having a pretty scrubby Fortune and an even scrubbier Val. And by that I mean, I'm just scrubby all together at FGs, but got to just play now, right?

I am, for better or worse, down in the general Gulf Coast area of Texas, and I've been playing mostly on Steam as it is, though can pop over to PSN for a few matches as well.

Heyhey! Almost a total noobie here, at around 30 hours of Skullgirls, no previous fighting experience. I'm really getting into the game and I want to improve, finding myself hitting a brick wall when fighting the CPU. I can pull off a few combos, both of which I've practiced for several hours, but I figure I just need to start actually playing against others online to develop skills beyond the combos. Playing against my friends I just get pummeled consistently.

Right now I'm in Los Angeles for the summer but I'll be in Ohio after August. Add me on Steam! http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/niladmirari

Hi! Got Skullgirls during the steam sale. Anyone mind adding me so we could practice? I'm from Southeast Asia though.

Anyone mind adding me so we could practice? I'm from Southeast Asia though.

Hi, I'm from SEA too. Just added you, accept if you don't mind playing against a total scrub.

Hi! Got Skullgirls during the steam sale. Anyone mind adding me so we could practice? I'm from Southeast Asia though.
I'm from Southeast Asia too!
Add me if you don't mind fighting with a mid-level beginner!

Played Skullgirls for a couple of months now (mid-level beginner-ish) and really want somebody to train/exchange tips with :D
From Western EU.
Add me if you feel like it^^

Hello Everyone

The last time I played Skullgirls was about a year ago. I would say I am still at beginner level. I'm looking for beginners or more experienced to play with. I downloaded Encore last night on my PS3.

PSN: ozmanlove

I live in South East UK. I work full-time, so weekdays I'm not normally available to play. However, I'm on holiday this week!.

Feel free to add me.

Cheers.
Mind if I add you? :P

Yo. San Diego at present, but will be at Tulane starting August through the school year.

Steam is Slap. Playing Parasolo right now. New to fighting games and Skullgirls.
As a note, I won't actually be playing for the next week-week and a half as I'll not have access to a computer.

i can't tell if i'm noobish so hit me up i'm from East Coast.

I'm newish to the game (bought during summer sale, 19 hours logged so far mostly in training mode) and am having a tough time gauging my own skill level. I get stomped by just about everyone on random matchmaking though. Feel free to add me if you want a few matches, or if anybody feels like teaching me that would be cool too. Steam only, located in the upper Midwest.

Still looking for peeps to practice with. I'll add the peeps that just posted. PM me for my psn, I don't like giving it out all willy-nilly.

Hey, guys, I've been playing for about a week now, but I'm a UMVC3 main. Not quite sure what level that puts me at, but I'm down for games on steam until the end of summer. Steam: tt|skillzdatkillz
EDIT: I'm west coast (AZ) btw.

Trying to get back into the game, and I'd like to learn with someone else around my skill range. Any platform is fine.

who ever called me on steam i'm sorry about that had something going on atm... that came up...

Hi :PUN:
I'm kind of new to Skullgirls. And fighting games. And forums.
I'd like for someone more experienced to help me be less bad and stuff (I've mostly used Double if that affects anything)
Uh, I live on the eastern bit of the U.S., aand my steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lyxand/
I hope I'm doing this right

I'm somewhat new to the game but pretty decent at it. I play solo Fortune. I live around the AZ area too. Anyone willing to spar?

I'm somewhat new to the game but pretty decent at it. I play solo Fortune. I live around the AZ area too. Anyone willing to spar?
If you want to play with someone from EU, then I'm game^^
(Not home until the weekend is over though :I)

CA player ready to play in a bit. Fairly new to the game!

Do you have it on steam?

Newish to the game, newish to fighting games in general. I am decent at combos but really bad at everything else. Looking to get some actual practice in with some other beginners! Also would love some expert advice, too, if anyone wants to test their teaching patience. I'm from the US (Midwest). I'm not picky about ping if you're not. Add me on Steam!

I'm not picky about ping if you're not. Add me on Steam!
Oh man, I like you.
Add me.
The ping would at least be 250+ though. But it actually pretty smooth with the occasional choppiness.

I'm not picky about ping if you're not. Add me on Steam!

I'll throw away an invite too, I hav yet to experience actual bad online play in this and I have had battles from all over the big blue ball of dirt and water we live on.... except for this 1 time where I swear to God that the guy was lag-switching

I have had battles from all over the big blue ball of dirt and water we live on.... except for this 1 time where I swear to God that the guy was lag-switching
Can I add you too? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.