• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

general parasoul reset options for beginners

NY_Jailhouse

Reaction score
Steam
-VSM- Jailhouse
XBL
Jailhousefrog89
instead of doing my horrendously boring office work i decided to daydream about skullgirls

one of parasoul's greatest strength is her ability to continuously pressure the opponent with endless 50/50s after she touches you once. if you can read your opponent well enough you can easily kill them off of multiple resets. heres a few of the best scenarios:

parasoul with an extended pressure assist (double lk buttslam is probably the best)
midscreen -

end whatever combo youre doing with a cHp, j lp, j lk, j mp --------
options:
air grab

j lp as a combo to set off a burst bait (you have to delay the first jlp, jlk, jmp and the jlp in a certain way in order to not get blown away by the burst)

jlp, jlk, jmp --- as the 50/50 if they try to tech the grab, combo into rejump jlp, jhp. if they block the jlp, jlk, jmp you are still set up for whatever pressure options you want to continue with

dash under clk (not good against mash heavy opponents with air supers or falling light buttons)

dash under, jump forward crossup blk (one of my favorite options, really weird to block)

--------------

end combo with a restand jhk:

flp (not that good because its slow, can be mashed out of easily. if they block can lead to cmk/bhk to hopefully open them up)
throw
clk

best and safest option: jump forward dmk while calling a pressure assist, crossover blk (if the crossup doesnt open them up, you land at a perfect time to go into high low 50/50s while the pressure assist is still hitting them on block, safe to almost all mashing)

corner:

end whatever combo youre doing with a cHp, j lp, j lk, j mp --------

same options apply generally

the one additional thing you can do which is ridiculously good int he corner is that when you rejump with jlp,jlk,jmp and they block, you can land, dash forward jump forward dmk while calling pressure assist. they can pushblock at the right time to make your jump forward dmk whiff though. but if they dont, they are in for another 50/50 after they land.

restand with jhk:

dash forward jumpforward dmks while calling pressure assist.
basically jump dmk is really good in the corner because it gives time to get your pressure assist out, then you can land and do the 50/50

end combo with a stand lp which you know is going to set off ips, immediately cancel into lk egret charge and block the burst bait. if theyre straight mashing buttons you might still get hit, but if you do it fast enough and can block, theyre in for a world of hurt

Reactions: Dime
end combo with a stand lp which you know is going to set off ips, immediately cancel into lk egret charge and block the burst bait. if theyre straight mashing buttons you might still get hit, but if you do it fast enough and can block, theyre in for a world of hurt

SG bursts are GG bursts now (meaning, you can't do anything if somebody blocks your burst)? I thought bursts had to whiff to be punishable?

Reactions: deice
Might be right idk I feel like I always hit them after that

heres another easy reset

combo into sHP sHP xx Shot, sLP sMP xx LK Egret
Then- Dash up low, Dash up overhead, Dash-jump b.LK for crossup, or dash up throw.

Or you could just continue the combo.

throw after 2HK. it's pretty easy and effective

Last edited:
i have a problem recommending straight up grounded high low throw resets with her because shes generally too slow. those reset points get to be pretty obvious usually so youl get mashed out a lot. air resets and ground resets that aren't straightforward (ie grounding them and then stomping on them while calling an assist) are way more consistent

Reactions: Dime
i have a problem recommending straight up grounded high low throw resets with her because shes generally too slow. those reset points get to be pretty obvious usually so youl get mashed out a lot. air resets and ground resets that aren't straightforward (ie grounding them and then stomping on them while calling an assist) are way more consistent

yeah i agree. you have to condition your opponent before hand into blocking, so I would recommend dropping your strings occasionally and just blocking, to test what they can do. it can be done in such a way that you can easily maintain if they weren't mashing, and let's you know A LOT about your opponents tendencies under pressure and whether or not you can go for more lewd high/lows.

yeah i agree. you have to condition your opponent before hand into blocking, so I would recommend dropping your strings occasionally and just blocking, to test what they can do. it can be done in such a way that you can easily maintain if they weren't mashing, and let's you know A LOT about your opponents tendencies under pressure and whether or not you can go for more lewd high/lows.

When playing online, they're always mashing blockbuster. The number of matches won by just dropping a combo to block are shocking.

When playing online, they're always mashing blockbuster. The number of matches won by just dropping a combo to block are shocking.

little known secret!

(SG players are baddddddddd)

little known secret!

(SG players are baddddddddd)

Easily worst player base at the bottom of the barrel! D:

i think you guys might find this tech interesting

you can always do the stomps and then block the burst on any charcater but i cant get it to whiff on any charcater but double. obviously free punish

might work on bella too but i havent tested it

Last edited:
i think you guys might find this tech interesting

you can always do the stomps and then block the burst on any charcater but i cant get it to whiff on any charcater but double. obviously free punish

Dope

@IsaVulpes has something similar that can catch all cast members, but I can't quite remember it. Something involving 6hk xx mk toss - j.mk - j.2mk?

Remind me bb.

Reactions: NY_Jailhouse
There are plenty ways to get bursts to whiff with stomp, the problem is that Parasoul has no way to quickly change her place in the air, which means you have to be ~far~ away from the opponent for it to work - generally at those distances the stomp is incredibly telegraphed, so the opponent is just not going to press a button. I haven't found any way to make this *actually* work.

@NY_Jailhouse The "setup" is 4HK* xx M.Toss**, j.MK, j.2MK. I don't think this is useful at all hahaha.

*vs Air, so it triggers the Bounce
**manual placement

You can see it here at 0:15

(I haven't tested it on all chars but I'm pretty sure it works on all)

looks sick lol
try it in a match ever?

Last edited:
a general go to left right 50/50 i use all the time

no tear toss = cross up, tear toss = same side

Reactions: dekillsage and Icky
Isa s thing can be done off of midstream bnb fairly easily.

That's a cool one, can it be done without 2mk?

I have a bunch of stuff I will try to make vids of if I have the time, if not will put notations

Fuck man I can't wait to get this shit and open yalls eyes.

What? Nah im at school I didn't watch it.

I just wanna show all my MDE ideas is all :(

Reactions: IsaVulpes

IsaVulpes can you post the notation for this please =D

@Prinny_Bomb

c.LK s.MP c.HP
> j.MK j.HP xx L.Toss;
> j.HP
s.MP(D) s.b.HK xx H.Toss;
Dash; Jump
> j.MP
{Dash s.LK}

s.LK s.MP s.HP(x2) xx L.Tear
s.LP(x2) s.MP(D) xx L.Egret
Dash {s.f.LP}

s.f.LP c.MK c.HP
> j.LP j.LK; {Airthrow}

> Airthrow xx L.Toss;
(OTG) s.f.MP(D) s.b.HK xx M.Toss;
Dash; Jump
> j.HP(D)
{Dash Throw}

> j.b.LK
c.LK c.MK {s.b.HK}

s.b.HK xx L.Toss;
s.LK s.MP(D) s.b.HK xx H.Toss;
Dash; Jump
> j.MP j.HP(D)
{Dash Jump
> j.b.LK}

> j.b.LK
c.LK c.MK c.HP
> j.MP xx H.Toss;
> j.LK j.MP
{s.f.LP}

s.f.LP s.MK s.HP(D) xx L.Egret;
s.LK s.MP c.HP
> j.LP j.MP xx H.Toss;
> {j.LP}

c.LK c.MK s.HP(x2) xx H.Pillar;
(OTG) s.MP s.HK xx L.Shot
{s.f.LP}

s.f.LP c.MK s.HP(x2) xx H.Pillar;
(OTG) s.LK(x2) s.MP s.HP(x2) xx L.Shot;
Jump
> {Airthrow}

> Airthrow;
> (E)
Jump
> {Airthrow}

> Airthrow xx L.Toss
(OTG) s.MP(D) s.b.HK xx L.Toss;
Jump
> j.LP j.HP(D)
Jump
> j.LK j.d.MK;
> {Airthrow}

> Airthrow xx L.Toss
(OTG) s.MP(D) s.b.HK xx L.Shot;
{Throw}

> j.b.LK
c.LK c.MK c.HP
> j.MP j.d.MK;
> j.LP j.MK;
> {j.LP}

Jump
> j.MK j.HP
Jump
> j.MK j.HP
Jump
> j.MK j.HP
c.LK c.MK c.HP
> j.MP j.d.MK;
> j.LP j.d.MK;
> j.LK j.MK;
> {Airthrow}

> Airthrow xx L.Toss
(OTG) s.MP(D) s.b.HK xx L.Toss;
Jump
> j.LK j.HP(D)
Jump
> j.LP MP
Jump
> {j.LP}

Reactions: Prinny_Bomb
Woo, Awesome thanks man, how do you even come up with this stuff, this is incredible!

Can we take the "for Beginners" thing out from the Thread Title and just make this the Reset thread

That is insanely good isa... I was wondering when one of these would come out. A perfect descriptor for why burst baiting shouldnt even be a part of the meta... No one will agree of course. But w/e.

I'm wondering if you have to know where they will burst or will you inadvertently run into a burst if you dont predict where they will burst...

If you have to predict, then that takes much of the potency out.... But shit if it dont look cool.

The opponent can burst in the right spots, eg after the 2nd j.MP if they burst right before you s.LP, it will eat that.
However at the 2-3 Spots where the opponent can burst, you still have the 50/50 of just not continuing (in which case the Burst would whiff)
So yes this is not guaranteed damage, but the Risk/Reward of eating Burst (you're fine with going back to zoning) vs having it whiff (the opponent is not fine with dying) is tremendously in your favour.

Last edited:
Nothing amazing (I don't even play Parasoul; no Madoka palette or anything), but everyone online seems to just use half of this and it's so easy to see it coming so I'll post this which tags on a little extra on the end:

The timing is exceptionally tedious on anyone who isn't a light character (and it doesn't work on Double), but if you use it after an OTG it's super easy. As long as you haven't used an air chain yet this won't trigger IPS.

Notation
s.HP -jump> j.dMK -> j.LK -> j.MK -> j.MP -land> -jump> j.LP -> j.LK -> j.MP -land> -dash> attack

Dont know if these qualify as beginner resets... But they are stanking easy to pull off and have good conversion rates:

Cr.lk,cr.mk,st.hp x2 xx lp shot,st.lp,st.mp,B+hk xx lp tear (run up and throw or low reset as they land or run up and crossup j.lk)

Fairly simple and can keep the opponent by running up and doing empty jump plus lk bomber/updo so that if they mash something they still eat damage.

I pave tested that above one out on real people as its my bnb mixup and i know it works well.

This next one is theory fighter but should be good if the opponent can be taught not to mash and its also based off of my painwheel resets, which arent theory fighter:

St.lk x2 (B+hk xx lp shot into full combo or plus on block)

Or

St.lk x2 (delay cr.mk,st.hp x2 into full combo)

Its just a basic high/low mixup.

what does Parasoul have to bait bursts?

what does Parasoul have to bait bursts?

c.lk c.mk s.hp s.hp xx shot, s.lp s.lp s.mp xx lk.egret , dash back, c.mp (activates burst)

end any combo in s.hp.shp xx MP shot xx sniper, dash back, c.mp or s.LP (activates burst)

Air combo-> c.hp, delay j.lk j.mp, land, jump j.lp j.lk j.mp, land, jump back j.lp (activates burst)

Swag burst bait:

Reactions: IknowReal
c.lk c.mk s.hp s.hp xx shot, s.lp s.lp s.mp xx lk.egret , dash back, c.mp (activates burst)

end any combo in s.hp.shp xx MP shot xx sniper, dash back, c.mp or s.LP (activates burst)

Air combo-> c.hp, delay j.lk j.mp, land, jump j.lp j.lk j.mp, land, jump back j.lp (activates burst)

Swag burst bait:

So she has no options while grounded.

Uuuh are you sure you read that post?
whoah I was responding from my small phone. What I meant to say was does she have any options on a standing opponent or crouching ? Sorry about that :D

update lol I am blind

Last edited:
Guys, i found a double cross up set up.

Jump over (call double mk bomber) j.back lk > double hits > neutral jump j.back lk.

On block you cross up with the aerial, double pushes them under you as you jump up.

On hit you have enough time to confirm a combo

Swag burst bait:

I wish I could like the video more its to good.