• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

robo everyone
ROBO-ROBO-KY
He hates the fact that he's constantly mistaken for Robo-Ky.

Would Robo-Bridget still be...ya know? Robo-Johnny be like "THAT'S A MAN, BABY!".

im not sure if this is the right place to put it, but i really want to hop back into GG. i know the netcode is crap, but does anyone who has it on PSN wanna go a round or two? i really miss GG D:

I hope it will stay playstation exclusive. Not fair we can't get ki so its more than fair we get guilty gear.

I hope it will stay playstation exclusive. Not fair we can't get ki so its more than fair we get guilty gear.
Not really the same case though, Sony doesn't own GG like MS owns KI now. Although it's likely it will be Sony exclusive anyway if BB CP console release means anything.

or persona4U being on PS3 only.

Methinks Arc aint too happy of MS' lack of support for their country

Last edited:
Well, they arent opposed to making it for PC. I'll be okay for any console but Xbone. because GG is classy and it doesnt need to affiliate with something as whored out as the Xbone.

no joke, I cant go anywhere without seeing some ad for the dang thing.

Lol it would be a pleasant surprise to see a PC release, but I wouldn't count on it since I saw nothing from them on that front since BB CT

KI is a microsoft exclusive as the makers of the game are owned by Microsoft, ASW isnt so they really shouldnt limit themselves to just PS4 when there is also a market for American and European Xbox Ones

Theres also a worldwide market for PS4s. and that's bigger. it kinda goes back to what Jutsei said. Japan HATES Microsoft, and with the way Arc has been going, they seem to be on that hate train.

and trust me, if KI can be super successful on ONE console, Xrd will be perfectly fine being playstation exclusive/sonyntendo exclusive, depending on what Daisuke wants.

Honestly I could care less about microsoft and it's screwed me over in the past on some games, so if gg a PS3/PS4 exclusive I aint complaining. As long as we get the game that's my prime concern first off anyways.

KI is a microsoft exclusive as the makers of the game are owned by Microsoft, ASW isnt so they really shouldnt limit themselves to just PS4 when there is also a market for American and European Xbox Ones
There may be a market for Xbone in America and Japan, but like most Japanese game companies, Arc focuses on putting out games in Japan first, where the Xbone market is already dead. Also, I'm pretty sure that one rule Microsoft has where multiplatform games have to come out same day as the PS3 version or earlier still applies.

it being for PS3 is also good too. its like Arc was like: "hey, have one for a console you already own. don't tell anyone we havent treated you guys." and then they drive away in Daisuke's car that runs on his sick music.

Honestly I could care less about microsoft and it's screwed me over in the past on some games, so if gg a PS3/PS4 exclusive I aint complaining. As long as we get the game that's my prime concern first off anyways.

Yeah I have to agree with this, Microsoft has screwed me in some fighters that I really wanted in the past or just with some patches, I'm completely fine with Xrd being a PS Exclusive, plus looks like other Arc System fighters recently have been PS exclusive.

all I can imagine now is Jago punching Sol and Sol doesn't even react to it. in fact Jago starts getting bloody knuckles!

edit

can somebody please make art of this?

Last edited:
I wish every fighting game was on PC so i didnt have to buy consoles. :/
I stopped buying consoles on the PS2. And I mean, there is NO REASON not to port the game (or any game in that matter). It's on Unreal Engine for crying out loud, how hard could it be?

the problem is when the game ISNT a port to begin with. sure it's made mainly with computers but they still build it to work with consoles, and they're mainly building it for arcades first, so theres that.

it'd be great if it got a PC release (anywhere but Xbone). they should only do it if they want to. don't make them.
even though I'd never be able to play it with my shit tier PC

also please don't turn this thread into another PC master race thread. BECAUSE I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THAT TOPIC! GODDAMMIT!

Would Robo-Bridget still be...ya know?

I stopped buying consoles on the PS2. And I mean, there is NO REASON not to port the game (or any game in that matter). It's on Unreal Engine for crying out loud, how hard could it be?
IIRC unreal can compile straight to a regular old executable that would work perfectly fine on pc. Not 100% sure about the new unreal engines (I haven't tinkered with them in years, particularly because I hate working with them.) Aside from that, there's bug fixing, legal stuff, and going through steam, but other than that it would be pretty easy for them.
Of course they probably made a deal with Sony considering there won't be an Xbox release, and that may or may not have forbid a pc port as well.

they should only do it if they want to. don't make them.
Wait what?
If we don't keep asking for it, they'll continue under the delusional thought that no one wants fighting games on pc. This is how capitalism works. We have to let companies know that we want shit before we can get shit.

Of course they probably made a deal with Sony considering there won't be an Xbox release, and that may or may not have forbid a pc port as well.

that or Arc, like the rest of Japan, hates Microsoft.
Daisuke is considering a WiiU port too so its prolly not a Sony deal

Daisuke is considering a WiiU port too so its prolly not a Sony deal
Sony could have easily made a deal with them specifically for no xbox ports since I imagine that's what they feel most threatened by. You don't just cut a potentially very profitable platform because you don't like it, you need some financial backing too.

its working for Killer Instinct though. and the fact is that I doubt they'd make a game for a console that their own country doesnt want to buy. it'd actually be a HORRIBLE investment for them in their own country.

It seems to be more of Arc doesnt want to deal with MS so cut off the ties completely.

its working for Killer Instinct though. and the fact is that I doubt they'd make a game for a console that their own country doesnt want to buy. it'd actually be a HORRIBLE investment for them in their own country.

It seems to be more of Arc doesnt want to deal with MS so cut off the ties completely.
It "works" for KI because the IP is owned by Microsoft. Double Helix literally cannot put it on any non-Microsoft platform (and it probably won't show up on PC because Microsoft hates Windows users).

but you cant say its a bad investment to have it for one console WHEN THERES A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A FIGHTING GAME WORKING ON ONE CONSOLE!

I'm not talking about the ownership or anything like that! I'm saying you cant say "Xrd onlyt being Sony consoles is a bad investment" when there is a fighter, as well as plenty of other games that work by only being on one system!

I'm sorry if this comes off as mad, I just really see it as kind of an ignorant thing to say.

Also, KI is essentially free-to-play. I don't think free-to-play and pay-to-play games should be put into direct comparison with each other.

one character is free to play. then the character thats free changes to another. but you're used to the one character that you started with. meaning you are very likely to buy the character.

its not really free to play as it is pay (if you want) as you play.

but anywho, like I said. I really don't see how them being exclusively for Sony is a bad thing.

but you cant say its a bad investment to have it for one console WHEN THERES A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A FIGHTING GAME WORKING ON ONE CONSOLE!

I'm not talking about the ownership or anything like that! I'm saying you cant say "Xrd onlyt being Sony consoles is a bad investment" when there is a fighter, as well as plenty of other games that work by only being on one system!

I'm sorry if this comes off as mad, I just really see it as kind of an ignorant thing to say.
It's only a bad investment if you're doing it for nothing. You know that sony/microsoft pay these companies shit tons of money to stay exclusive, right? And they get all these benefits like no publishing fees and instant acceptance so they get to cut out like half the publishing cost and save a ton of time.
In general, it's the safe option; It eliminates almost any fear that your game won't turn a profit, but you could have potentially made more money by releasing it to every platform.

Back