• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

So that means only a year left until theres a console version. :PUN:
In Japan 3 months after another arcade version is announced and destroying all hype for that previous version.

aw snap, if that game comes out on my birthday that would be sick.... but I wouldnt be able to get it....

4) "A 360 or PC port would definitely sell well" - Your enthusiasm is nice but ASW has the detailed financial reports for the 360 versions of BBCT, BBCS, BBCSE, maybe P4A and GG:AC+ as well as the PC version of BBCT to know how well a port would sell. And without a doubt, they looked over these reports before they decided to axe the PC version of BB and the 360 version of BBCP and their upcoming products.

It's not really fair to say the sales were low on the PC version when it was a shoddy GFWL port done two years after the original release and months after its SEQUEL came out on consoles. They set it up for failure.

It's like saying "there's no point to trying to build a boat because I tried to sail across the Atlantic on a piece of driftwood and it didn't end up going so well"

On topic, I'm very happy to see Isuka make its way to Steam. Hopefully Arcsys pays attention.

On topic, I'm very happy to see Isuka make its way to PC. Hopefully Arcsys pays attention.
For the record, Guilty Gear Isuka and Guilty Gear X2 #Reload have been on GoG for quite some time. I actually already have both of them there, so I probably won't bother with the steam release.

For the record, Guilty Gear Isuka and Guilty Gear X2 #Reload have been on GoG for quite some time. I actually already have both of them there, so I probably won't bother with the steam release.
Holy shit how did I not know this

From how BBCP and Suplexhold have gone. there's probably gonna be some time release characters in the arcade version.
yeah. we don't know who the boss is. unless its I-no again.

i hope its waifu dizzy.

:PUN:

Is Isuka worth the cash?
Only if you really really like the series and have someone to play with offline. There's no netplay as far as I know, and the turn button is awkward. It can be a fun party game but otherwise I'd say sleep on it. The original stages and music are awesome though, but you can look that shit up online.

I wonder if there will be a PC version launched right off the bat?
1388087303115.jpg

this thread has already had this discussion about the ports and whatnot. lets not do it again. PLEASE!

I bet the boss will be a new character like in all of the previous Guilty Gear games.
Bedman. Although Zatoichi is returning and was featured in the first trailer, so he's a possibility.

I doubt it will be I-No or Dizzy.

Awesome. But they seriously couldn’t think of a better name for this dimension-thingy than "Backyard"? Sounds really stupid.

And this white-haired woman is the final boss then? Interesting to see what she can come up with in a fight.

Ramletherl Valentine...holy crap I hope she is playable at some point. I mean look at this face, the face of badassery:
6q5cqZv.png

Last edited:
I think this is my first time seeing a dark-skinned woman being a final boss
Awesome. But they seriously couldn’t think of a better name for this dimension-thingy than "Backyard"? Sounds really stupid.

And this white-haired woman is the final boss then? Interesting to see what she can come up with in a fight.
Bedman.
*drops mic*

Wasn't there already a character named Valentine or is the one in the trailer a different one? The Valentine I saw in a Guilty Gear wiki is white. I wonder if the arcade version will be updated with more characters and if the boss will become playable.

Bedman.
*drops mic*

This is actually pretty funny, since here in Germany we once had a radio comedy-show which featured a narcoleptic rip-off of Batman literally called "Bettman" (Bett = Bed in German). And the name isn’t that bad if you consider he is just a man in a bed, but “Backyard”? Nah.

And since this evil woman is named Valentine, I’m waiting for the Valentine (Skullgirls) fighting Valentine (Guilty Gear) fanart. Make it happen, talented people!

Wasn't there already a character named Valentine or is the one in the trailer a different one? The Valentine I saw in a Guilty Gear wiki is white. I wonder if the arcade version will be updated with more characters and if the boss will become playable.
You're probably thinking of this Valentine: http://guilty-gear.wikia.com/wiki/Valentine
I'm sure the arcade version will be updated over time
This is actually pretty funny, since here in Germany we once had a radio comedy-show which featured a narcoleptic rip-off of Batman literally called "Bettman" (Bett = Bed in German). And the name isn’t that bad if you consider he is just a man in a bed, but “Backyard”? Nah.

And since this evil woman is named Valentine, I’m waiting for the Valentine (Skullgirls) fighting Valentine (Guilty Gear) fanart. Make it happen, talented people!
I guess that's the ironic part. You wouldn't expect a world so ominous to be called Backyard

So, as someone who doesn't know the story, do you need to know the story of GG to know what the backyard is, or is this all new?
I'm not an expert in the GG lore, but this is the 1st time I hear something about "The Backyard".

The Backyard first showed up in Guilty Gear 2: Overture. You can think of it as an alternate dimension that's effectively the source of magic. It's also the source of characters like Izuna:

Izuna.png

Honestly, I've only played Accent Core, and even then I'm lost with the story lol. Anywhere someone can direct me so I can sorta learn the history of GG.

I'm not an expert in the GG lore, but this is the 1st time I hear something about "The Backyard".
essentially in GG, reality is like a computer. the material world is the screen display. "The Backyard" is the code running in the background.

And Magic in the GG universe is based on manipulating The Backyard to cause the supernatural to occur. but most people don't even know The Backyard exists.

Basically, Magic is the hex editing of reality.

Valentine dies at the end of Overture, but That Man pops in at the end and says that another one is already being made.

Valentine dies at the end of Overture, but That Man pops in at the end and says that another one is already being made.
i also recall him saying he isn't sure if there will be one or hundreds more after that

but i'm pretty sure no one predicted her tan and shark teeth

she doen't look much like Aria now.

I think this is my first time seeing a dark-skinned woman being a final boss
ONE SMALL STEP FOR GUILTY GEAR
ONE GIANT LEAP FOR FEMINISM

but i'm pretty sure no one predicted her tan and shark teeth

she doen't look much like Aria now.
Kind of doubt that that is another version of the same valentine.
The name could be coincidental, or she could be a clone of someone entirely different.

Didn't one of the Arcana Heart games do that?
Yes. Parace L'Sia in Arcana Heart 2: Suggoi!.

ONE SMALL STEP FOR GUILTY GEAR
ONE GIANT LEAP FOR FEMINISM
in b4 she's wearing something ludicrously skimpy

I mean, Daisuke openly stated he designed Dizzy to cater to doujin creators. Let's see how much things have changed. Likely a good lot since Bedman took Jam's place as the "panty shot character".

But yeah, given that Daisuke said all GG endbosses are female (this was for those who didn't get the hints about Justice), fair chance that woman may be the end boss.

And even to this day, Izuna STILL grosses me out. *shivers*

So, as someone who doesn't know the story, do you need to know the story of GG to know what the backyard is, or is this all new?

If I remember right it turned out in Overture that the Backyard was full of other Valentines. This one is simply a different version of her.

Back