• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

The trailer might have shown a glimpse of a new character.
3og81po.jpg

Eeehhh... Either the light is hitting her in an odd way or her hair is half white half black, which is something I loathe beyond words.
I wonder how far back you need to go in my post history to find a post regarding something new where I didn't say something negative.
Also yeah she looks like I-No.

Last edited:
Looks like Bedman's...bed behind her.

Considering this is only exclusive to Japanese arcade frequenters campaigning won't do much good if

A. Your not in Japan
B. Don't have the time/money to grind votes effectively

Honestly them doing the votes through Japanese arcades is really silly. They're ignoring a large part of their fanbase that can't access the arcades or don't have enough money.

Honestly them doing the votes through Japanese arcades is really silly. They're ignoring a large part of their fanbase that can't access the arcades or don't have enough money.

The primal core FGC its on JP, so, make sense the move.

Wheathever the next chars. join in the rooster "The western FGC gonna buy always the game." lol

I will vote for Zappa in my imagination.

Reactions: Spencer
I doubt they care much about people who aren't their target market, and their target market for arcade REVELATOR is composed of Japanese arcadegoers. Makes sense that they'd design their survey around that.

considering transportation in Japan is super good, the only people they're alienating are people who don't feel like going someplace.

I doubt they care much about people who aren't their target market, and their target market for arcade REVELATOR is composed of Japanese arcadegoers. Makes sense that they'd design their survey around that.
But honestly I don't see why they wouldn't just have some form of online survery, perhaps where you could vote multiple times or have votes worth more through arcades. A lot of people don't have access to arcades, and on top of putting voting behind a paywall, it doesn't make sense.
Edit to reply to SanoBaron:
I'm aware but I mean no access as in people not in Japan. They'd get a much bigger opinion about what people will actually buy, outside of the Japanese arcade-goer market.

But honestly I don't see why they wouldn't just have some form of online survery, perhaps where you could vote multiple times or have votes worth more through arcades. A lot of people don't have access to arcades, and on top of putting voting behind a paywall, it doesn't make sense.
That would cost quite a bit more money than they probably want to spend catering to people outside their target market. Besides, why let people who can't experience a game influence its development? /s

That would cost quite a bit more money than they probably want to spend catering to people outside their target market.
Not sure if the /s applies to the entire post, so here we go
I don't get the "target market" thing. Shouldn't their target market be people who play their game, not people who play their game in a certain way? That would be like making a poll only open to PS3 or PS4 players.

That would cost quite a bit more money than they probably want to spend catering to people outside their target market. Besides, why let people who can't experience a game influence its development? /s
this probably is exactly whats up.
tbh, this is the one least likely to cause a waifu war.

think about it, SG had an online survey for all of it's backers, and that was utter chaos between casuals, people who never played SG, and regulars. hell, there were people who tried to take money BACK once the votes ended. to me, this is the most safe and secure solution. it's to bring in characters that PLAYERS want, and I'm fine with that.

Reactions: shoryusatsu999
They also could have done something like bring up the survey option after playing an online match in Xrd, but that might be too much of a hassle to implement.

But they won't make as much money that way, and at the end of the day that is what is important. Even if everyone just voted for their waifus, they'd still find out who is most popular.

But they won't make as much money that way, and at the end of the day that is what is important. Even if everyone just voted for their waifus, they'd still find out who is most popular.
considering it's Guilty Gear, they'll make money regardless.
Japan has a super lively arcade scene, like, the exact opposite of North America's.
and there is an appeal to characters picked by long-time players, than there are to characters picked by people who find them cool.
there was more of a demand for Jam and Johnny than what most Baiken players would like to make out. (love you guys though)
it can show people these are the characters long time fans love, so there must be some appeal to them.

hell, I tried Jam out on a whim, and now I love her.

I'm curious as to what Pachi means by updating Zappa's three types of spirits. I wonder if he means just updating their appearence or giving him completely new ghosts. Its probably the former.

Testament easier to understand? Well if making Succubus attack on a more consistent or set basis, then I'd be up for it. Just lemme keep the skeleton webs Q_Q

Could be either-or. S-ko should stay, though.
S-Ko will stay. I mean she's what makes Zappa, Zappa.

They also could have done something like bring up the survey option after playing an online match in Xrd, but that might be too much of a hassle to implement.
How would you code that?

Now, if Arcsys had planned this they could have put a code in every new box of Xrd and set up a website where one code equaled one vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wenzel
How would you code that?

Now, if Arcsys had planned this they could have put a code in every new box of Xrd and set up a website where one code equaled one vote.

If they care (that i didn´t think its the case) would be a wise and useful info for them.

Justice: In Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R, she seemed like a fortress with her usage of projectiles, but if we add her to GGXrd I’ll like to give her a fighting style with a bit more mobility.

abe-simpson-gif.gif

I hope they go the whole way and give her the shit Eva design too in that case.

Fanny COULD be like SG!Valentine. I doubt that they'd stray completely from her roots as a Faust clone, though.

Reactions: Wenzel