• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

That opening is too dang hype, also proves the connection with kingdom hearts. The Backyard is where all your items are if you don't equip them, it all makes sense now. (Stock in english but they ruin the fun)
OS1Bn5e.png

I mean, Daisuke openly stated he designed Dizzy to cater to doujin creators.
Y'know, this has been said for years and years but have never heard the source of this.

I think this is my first time seeing a dark-skinned woman being a final boss

Well you also didn't play Melty Blood then. Dem Egyptian Woman.

the story of guilty gear is garbled mishmash of a lot of things

all you really need to care about is Chipp Zanuff and his quest to become a democratically elected president

This does make him wildly different from almost the entire cast. The goals of almost everyone are either Sex or Violence (or both for I-No).

Last edited:
Reactions: Balder
Looks like she might fight with those black and white monster mouth things?

I'm interested if the Story Mode dialogues will be fully animated or will they use those Visual Novel-style cutouts like in Blazblue. I'm hoping that the PS3 version will still be good and not a porting disaster compared to the PS4 version. I can't afford a PS4 now and I'm not sure if it's possible to mod my Qanba Q4RAF to make it work with PS4/XB1.

Well you also didn't play Melty Blood then. Dem Egyptian Woman.
Damn it!
*googles Melty Blood Egyptian*
Sion? I'm more dark skinned than this chick! Hopefully I got the wrong character...

Looks like she might fight with those black and white monster mouth things?

"Heavens! Did I just hear someone say "monster mouths"?"

tumblr_mkbcmbwO0D1s4c693o4_1280.jpg

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
Damn it!
Sion? I'm more dark skinned than this chick! Hopefully I got the wrong character...
I think they mean "Dust of Osiris" from Melty

who's not really a character and more like a Mahvel boss like Apocalypse.

Damn it!

This lass over here.
_dark_skin_dust_of_osiris_melty_blood_purple_hair_sion_eltnam_atlasia_tanned_skin__pegwxTxTEh.png

Yes. Per Zazz's observation, I set on a new journey towards the Googles.
Much obliged, nonetheless. m(_ _)m

Yes. Per Zazz's observation, I set on a new journey towards the Googles.
Much obliged, nonetheless. m(_ _)m

Amusingly, they're the same girl. :P

Just one is still struggling with not giving into vampirism and one is an alternate universe final boss mode who overcame infection. She's the same girl from Egypt in both, lol. She's very fair-skinned because she lived in an underground research enclave, if it helps.

I'm interested if the Story Mode dialogues will be fully animated or will they use those Visual Novel-style cutouts like in Blazblue. I'm hoping that the PS3 version will still be good and not a porting disaster compared to the PS4 version. I can't afford a PS4 now and I'm not sure if it's possible to mod my Qanba Q4RAF to make it work with PS4/XB1.

Hopefully the PS3 port is just the arcade version and the PS4 port is just a higher res version. It would suck if the PS3 version is butchered.

Hopefully the PS3 port is just the arcade version and the PS4 port is just a higher res version. It would suck if the PS3 version is butchered.
It will probably be that the PS4 version just has a higher resolution, better shaders and maybe higher resolution textures. It would be pretty stupid of them to not optimize for PS3 first, then scale that up for the PS4.

Reactions: No longer exist
Likely a good lot since Bedman took Jam's place as the "panty shot character".
goddamit!
goddammit!
goddammit!
goddammit!
GOD FUCKIN' DAMMIT!

Reactions: jam1220
goddamit!
goddammit!
goddammit!
goddammit!
GOD FUCKIN' DAMMIT!

Drastic graphic upgrades are among the worst enemies of all fighting game rosters.

As hype as it is, it means everything started from square one and they're not going to re-do everyone in one game. :(

This does make him wildly different from almost the entire cast. The goals of almost everyone are either Sex or Violence (or both for I-No).
You forgot For Great Justice (Ky)

Drastic graphic upgrades are among the worst enemies of all fighting game rosters.

As hype as it is, it means everything started from square one and they're not going to re-do everyone in one game. :(
BUT JAM THO! ;A;

where's that bastard son of Ky's
is he still following Sol
is he still massively effeminate
is he still Yuri Lowenthal

I'm sorry but this game is missing the cutest character in the series:
Not to mention the manliest character in the series:
Bridget.png

Reactions: Lunerstep
where's that bastard son of Ky's
is he still following Sol
is he still massively effeminate
is he still Yuri Lowenthal
Yuri Lowenthal for Xrd. his tatsu can be spinzaku.
tumblr_lpuijiFs2o1qcg9eo.gif

Yuri Lowenthal for Xrd.
Don't forget Troy Baker & Liam O'Brien as Sol & Ky.

Valentine was Wendee Lee as I recall too.

you all are crazy. whats gonna happen when everyone gets hungry after doing all them roman cancels? they need someone who can cook.
Jam_Kuradoberi_China_Gif.gif

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I'm sorry but this game is missing the cutest character in the series:
When was Dizzy redesigned and why was I not informed? :3

Don't forget Troy Baker & Liam O'Brien as Sol & Ky.
Troy Baker will now voice Ky too. And Millia. And Potemkin. And May. Troy Baker as everyone! #TroyGearXrd

I know. I was just being facetious about BrandX's post inquiring about why the "cutest character in the series" isn't in Xrd. He put a image of A.B.A and I asked when Dizzy was redesigned.
Oh well, she's got a hasubando and spends her days moping inside a crystal so I'm not going sing Dizzy's praises too much... :3

pretty sure she's still a rock too
we might not see her until an expansion

i really gotta laugh

all these connections to GG2 and it was only on 360, which will never get Xrd.

oh well, time to wait for that PC version . . . maybe :/

You forgot For Great Justice (Ky)
nope, just Justice's daughter.

I'm waiting for Testament, Dizzy and A.B.A especially, but Chipp and I-No are already in so I can't complain too much. There are just too many character I like in Guilty Gear.

I would love the second design if it weren't for that weird hot pink skirt...
the magenta part is actually a reference to another color. its just supposed to be another shade of light blue/gray.

also that's her design from GG2. its in the GG2 artbook, but not colored in there.

So how about the idea of alternate costumes, since they are using 3D models.

SolBadguy-Overture.jpg
Order_Sol.png
ragna-cs.jpeg

Just a couple ideas.

I'd rather have Order-Sol be his own character like in past games.

I'm fine with the other two, though. Would be really hype if the alts included past designs for those whose looks changed dramatically in Xrd (POTEMKINFAUST).